[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early Morning Lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Circumstances dictate that I must get my workout in before 6am. It's alright on cardio days, but lifting first thing in the morning is tough.
>diminished strength
>lack of energy
>lack of focus

How do I fix this? Anyone else have experience with early morning workouts?
>>
By far the best approach is to shift your sleep schedule earlier. If you can fall asleep every night at 9pm (and i know you can, because you're single and have no life), then waking up at 5 isn't so terrible. The key is that you're getting your sleep at the same time every night.
>>
besides sleep, just have a light meal and caffeine right before you go
>>
>>40641666
OP here. Definitely single, haha. I've shifted my sleep schedule but I still feel like ass. I've never been a morning person.
>>
>>40641715
if youve ever been jetlagged this is basically the same thing. if you can consistently sleep the same hours out of every day, your body WILL get used to it. blackout curtains or a sleep mask can help you if light is an issue
>>
>>40641679

I ate my oats meme this morning, it helped a little. Also on a cut, which compounds the problem.
>>
>>40641742

You're probably right re: adaptability. It'll get better with time. Might get back on bedtime casein shakes so I don't feel quite so weak when I wake up.
>>
>>40641788
anecdotally, i dont think protein is that important. its more about that morning fog. when I wake up, I have a few puffs of my vape (juul), and then eat eggs with hot sauce and coffee. Wakes me right up
>>
>>40641600
Yes, becuase if I go any later, my gym will be littered with teenage faggots on every piece of equipment in sight.

How long have you been going early, OP? You need some amount of time to adapt to it. I don't know what that'll be for you, but it wasn't that long for me. But I work night shift, so I go to the gym right after work, mostly, while I'm already wide awake and ready to go.
>>
Pre workout supplements were literately made for this purpose desu
>>
>>40641600
Nofap day before going to gym, enough sleep, light breakfast+coffee, BCAA during workout.

Those helped me.
>>
>>40641842
Hot sauce on the morning. Interesting...

Sidenote: I'm about to smash a big ass salad at 10 in the morning. Folks in the office are gonna think I'm insane. But they're fattiest anyway, so...
>>
>>40641873
Pre- in the morning makes me vomit on my first or second heavy set haha
>>
>>40641849
Started on Sunday, though I've experimented a few times over the years (no homo). January was two months ago and the gym is still poppin' from 8am to 9pm. I don't fucking get it.
>>
>>40641897

BCAA's? Good call. I've got some ON powder in the supp cabinet. Will try it tomorrow.
>>
>>40641600
What is preworkout? coffee?
>>
File: Slowpokefeelsgood.jpg (36KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
Slowpokefeelsgood.jpg
36KB, 600x655px
>>40641898
Fuck yea salads
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.