[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Bench Press General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1488968908499.jpg (55KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488968908499.jpg
55KB, 500x750px
5'9 skelly here. I'm 4 months into lifting.
I just want to look A E S T H E T I C.
Like pic related or better.

Do I really need to do Bench Press?
Can I do without it?

I've heard Incline and Decline/Chest Dips are better for aesthetics (I do all of them), and BP is only great for overall strength gains. Is this true?

I don't hate Bench Press but I don't like it either.
Reason is I don't think I'm doing it in a proper form. Do I really have to arch my back like powerlifters do? Please answer, bros.

My bench 5RM is currently stalled at 65kg (ironically my current BW is also ~65kg).
>>
of course not no one in history ever looked good before the bench press was invented like 70 years ago but please post questions like this in "the questions that don't deserve their own thread thread" thanks
>>
>>40637121
>no one in history ever looked good before the bench press was invented like 70 years ago

kys to be honest
>>
>>40637201
That's some next level density, Anon. Are you actually retarded?
>>
my advice is: do dips and incline flies instead.

i wish someone said this to me when ifirst started.
>>
>>40637228
Is that an insult or are you just bumping my thread for other serious anons to actually add an insightful comments?
>>
>>40637303
>>40637121 is kinda right. but no flies or other pecs exercises where made by that time.
>>
>>40637317
>implying only pecs makes a good-looking physique

People who does hard manual labor and/or physically active throughout their lives will have a naturally aesthetic physique so no, he is not right.
>>
>>40637104
Lifting for 3 years, can personally say that 5x5 and 3x5 are fucking shit for bench progression, especially if you are a lanklet (or have lanklet wingspan).
I got some tips though after finally getting to 225 for reps.
Dig your heels into the ground, retract your scapula, and get your eyes parallel with the bar. This got me from 175 to 225 within 12 weeks.
>>
>>40637303
Aesthetics, you say?
Incline DB + Chest dips + Cable crossovers + OHP
All you need for a god-tier chest.
>>
shitty goal body desu that's achievable in under a year of lifting
>>
>>40637472
what set and rep scheme would you say is useful for bench progression then?
>>
>>40637982
yes
>>
>>40637982
9 sets of dont be a faggot
>>
>>40637303

How do I target chest more than triceps when doing dips
>>
>>40637982
If you want strength do what the litterature tells you, 5x5 or lower. Strength is a matter os muscle and neural drive. The muscle you train by getting hypertrophy, the neural drive is the biggest factor. Ever seen/heard about new lifters quickly gain 20kg + on their max bench within 2months. Thats not because of increase muscle size but neural drive. Dunno how many x's a week you train but if you train chest 2x stick to hypertrophy programs because of your easy obtainable goal. Also Dips is not a fucking chest building excercise! The primary movers are always Triceps and delts, unless you're a midget with chains around your neck the that you because horizontal, even then due to tiny ROM for the chest its still inferior all the other chest excercises. With training you could prolly have enough muscle mind connection to increased the amount of work done by chest, though still shit ROM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D05YhU6kVMU
>>
>>40638267
lean forward and push elbows a bit out, not straight behind you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.