[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on cold showers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: cold-shower.jpg (100KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
cold-shower.jpg
100KB, 750x500px
Redpill me on cold showers
>>
it's cold
>>
>>40616783
if you need a cold shower to be alert and present you're doing life wrong.
>>
it's a shower
>>
Reduce test under 14 degrees Celsius
>>
>>40616783
Meme like nofap. It isn't the same as an ice bath
>>
>>40616783
It's cold and it's a shower

It also puts your body under stress which helps cope with life

>is stress release good??
>>
File: TUFqIm8.jpg (57KB, 599x525px) Image search: [Google]
TUFqIm8.jpg
57KB, 599x525px
>>
>>40617115
Don't need a cold shower to create artificial stress.
>>
>not showering the body with hot water and then using cold water on your hair

lmao
>>
>>40617136
>stimulates anti depression hormones

Alright that's all I needed to know
>>
>>40616783
It depends if you normally take hot showers (if the water is giving off steam, it's a hot shower), and when you take your showers normally.

Cold Showers are good when:
> You have dry skin - hot showers really dry your skin out, especially if you use really abrasive body washes or shave your body hair
> You have a dry scalp - same concept as the rest of your skin, cold showers help keep your scalp hydrated so there's less dandruff/itchiness, again this really only matters if you have those symptoms in the first place
> You have brittle or dry hair - hot showers really fuck with the quality of your hair over time, dries out the strands. Afaik this also helps prevent hair loss a little if you already suffer from it, hot showers accelerate balding
>You feel generally shitty in the morning - the best part about cold showers is that they are a genuine stress-reliever, if you wash yourself in the cold (takes like 5-7 minutes max to wash your entire body, hair, crotch, pits, and ass included) getting out of the water feels like heaven, definitely some sort of dopamine rush, you just feel happy.
>You have really sore muscles - simple enough to understand, cold water is far more soothing to a sore muscle than hot, not to say hot water is bad, but cold water does a great job of reducing inflammation)

But the best benefit I use it for:
> You have trouble waking up - Nothing, and I do mean nothing, will wake you up as fast as a cold shower.

I generally sleep in the buff so when I wake up at around 6~ for uni, I just streak to the shower real quick, turn on the water, and just autopilot into the spray

Your cock n balls will shrink, your nipples will cut glass, and your butthole will pucker tighter than Sean Spicer's, but holy hell does it feel like you're mainlining adrenaline

I'm not kidding you by saying if you are even slightly drowsy waking up, a cold shower will have you bouncing off the walls
>>
>>40616783
I'll only take one immediately after doing HIIT and I have sweat literally dripping off me. Feels amazing, and it feels even better after I get out.
>>
File: broscience.jpg (67KB, 625x475px) Image search: [Google]
broscience.jpg
67KB, 625x475px
>>40617136
>Stimulates anti-depression hormones,
>Reduces hair loss
>Reduces anxiety
>Removes toxins from the skin
>>
>>40617204
It will wake you up for a few minutes and then you will become tired as fuck because the adrenaline rush stops.
>>
>>40617136
So if I take a hot shower first and then blast myself with cold water I can get both? EPIC
>>
>>40616783
this is only anecdotal from my own experience. I've only taken cold showers (10 °C or less) for the last 5 months.

From what I can tell it resulted in the following things (or maybe that stuff happened randomly. Again, this is only anecdotal):

- higher resilience to stress
- more willpower
- sense of accomplishment after the shower
- better skin (got rid off my dry elbows)

I can't report any other changes. I will keep taking cold showers as I like the feeling of getting out of my comfort zone every morning. Every time I take a cold shower my head will come up with all those excuses to not do it and pushing it and doing it anyway will train you to not shy down if something is slightly uncomfortable (like lifting a heavy weight, talking to a cute girl, giving a speech in front of people at work etc.)
>>
I've tried only cold showers for a while. I thought I couldn't make it at first, but you really get used to it after your third day. But then after a while you just feel miserable and extra tired because, not only your life is neither better or worse than before, but now you don't even have a nice warm shower after a day's work.

I think the best is to shower in warm water (never too hot) and then reduce temperature at the end to cold water. Vary the difference according to your courage at the day.

Occasionally I still take a full cold shower though. You don't have to do it everyday, do it on the days you need to wake up a little bit. It's an acquired taste.
>>
File: 1412802681620.jpg (11KB, 250x257px) Image search: [Google]
1412802681620.jpg
11KB, 250x257px
>>40617204
>Your cock n balls will shrink, your nipples will cut glass, and your butthole will pucker tighter than Sean Spicer's, but holy hell does it feel like you're mainlining adrenaline
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.