[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbell Newbie Routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

I read the sticky and I am interesting in doing something like Rippetoe's Starting Strength.
A Link for those that don't know it by heart:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&p=13263170#post13263170
Unfortunately, the Gym I have access to doesn't have barbells but it does have dumbells. Is there something I should do to the dumbell-equivalent excercises to optimize them for the equipment I have? Is there anything I should keep in mind when using dumbells instead of barbells?

I understand barbells are superior for newbies(at least the sticky claims they are) but I am trying to do the best with what I have.
>>
I'm having good results with just dumbbells and a pull up bar. You should check out scooby's workshop.
>>
>>40611203
Get a better gym.
>>
>>40611203
>dumbbells
Kek.

Set up some dip bars and a pull up bar. Do dips, pull ups, and chin ups.
>>
>>40611220
Thanks, Is this what you're talking about?
http://scoobysworkshop.com/beginning-workout-plan/
>>40611221
I probably will but for now I am more concerned with getting back into the habit before adding an hour to my commute.
>>
>>40611203
A gym with no barbells? That's like a library with no books. Cardio area is kid section
>>
>>40611203
i dont want to go to the gym, will someone just give me dumbbells and shit. i dont want to pay for them. thanks
>>
>>40611395
>Thanks, Is this what you're talking about?
yes, check out his intermediate workout plan.
>>
File: irog-grip-urethane-db-400.jpg (15KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
irog-grip-urethane-db-400.jpg
15KB, 400x274px
>>40611396
The sticky claims dumbells are a poor decision for noobs because they are more demanding since you have to learn to coordinate your right an left arms to have correct form. Perhaps they are not optimal for me but what I am trying to do is far from a cardio workout.
>>40611457
Thanks I'll check it out.
>>
File: 1488642908786.png (864KB, 1572x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1488642908786.png
864KB, 1572x1048px
S C O O B Y mode, man.
>>
>>40611708
That's awesome dude thanks. What exactly does it mean by a full body workout or U/L split?
>>
What weights should I buy for dumbbells?
>>
>>40612514
the heavy kind.
>>
>>40612514
Try buying a total of 30kg at least so you can do symmetric exercises with 15kg each arm.
>>
>>40611203
>tfw only have a set of 10lbs dumbells and a bar with 23lbs on each side.
>>
>>40613043
>don't even have two of the same DB weight
>>
>>40611203
As always: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

It has it's flaws, but will give a beginner a good overview of what he's in for. You will eventually have to switch to a barbell program but see how far this takes you. Godspeed.
>>
>>40613043
Hello my 10lb friend, I have a 25lb but only one. Also have one 25lb kettle bell I have no idea what to do with.
>>
>>40613589
>>40613645
I have a set of 10lb dumb bells

AND

a bar with 23lbs on each side so 46lbs total on it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.