[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a running thread? Why the fuck am I still so shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 28

File: running[1].jpg (2MB, 2439x1675px) Image search: [Google]
running[1].jpg
2MB, 2439x1675px
Can we have a running thread?

Why the fuck am I still so shit at running, I've been doing it for a year now

my 1.5 mile time is still 12 minutes
>>
>>40607796
Run more often.

If you run once a day, try running the same distance twice a day.
>>
>>40607809
atm I'm doing 4 times a week
>>
>>40607796
do sprints intermittent with your running.
>>
>>40607832
As I said, do it more frequently. If you want to get better, do it more often. Also >>40607836
>>
>>40607796
I just started running and did 2 miles in 15:25 in Friday

How slow is this?

I'm 32 6'4" 210lbs
>>
>>40608033
What's your routine
>>
>>40608033
divide the number of minutes by two, retard.
>>
>>40608089
Don't really have one, just running random intervals 3x a week. Like 10 min on, 5 min off or 3 min in 90 seconds off. Then sometimes just a straight 2 mile.
>>
If you want your 1.5 mile time to go down do this:

>Run half a mile
>Aim to do it in 3:45-4:00 minutes
>Do this 6 times
>Jog for 3 minutes in between sprints

Do this for at least once a week and I promise your time will go down.
>>
>>40608111
Wow really? Thanks for explaining how averages work, anon!

Now maybe, since you're posting in the /running/ thread and you're presumably a runner, you could answer the simple fucking question of
>How slow is this
>>
>>40608164
too slow

run faster
>>
>>40608174
Is this coming from a twink or someone who is /fit/? No offense

I'm asking you guys because I don't really want the opinions of 145lbs runners on Google, I want the opinions of lifters and strength athletes.

Short of Spartan races or any shit like that, I will almost certainly never run more than 3 miles, but I WOULD like those 3 to be as fast as my squat ass can take me.
>>
couch 2 5k
>>
>>40607832
How long are your runs?
Running more often is not enough, you need to do longer runs, Increase your mileage steadily and you'll already see results after a few weeks
>>
>>40608033
I think it's a decent time for a beginner considering your size
>>
anybody have any experience running in low/zero drop minimalist shoes? Im jonesin for a pair of new balance minimus
>>
>>40609150
They teach you to run properly, that's for damn sure.

I love them, honestly, but after a while it's just too much to bear if you're semi old and/or don't have perfect form.

Also, I wore some 5 fingers to a mud run, since I lost an entire normal shoe to a pit of mud the previous month, and they were great.

....Until I got to a section where I had to run down jagged rocks on a trail. It was like running on razor blades. Fucking sucked.

I think if you have the money and they aren't your main shoe, they can be worth it.
>>
What shoes should i get iif i have flat feet. Comfort is my priority, anything under 200$is fair game
>>
>>40609225
Thanks for the info. even though I have never been a fan of the 5 fingers shoes, even though people say they're really nice. I cant get over how goofy they look. I've got a pair of nike fs lite run 3s right now that are my first pair of low drop minimal running shoes and when i first started using them i actually started to enjoy running for once, so now im hooked

i'll probably cop a pair of the minimus the next time i get a chance, then
>>
>>40609247
Go to a running store and ask them. They'll make you jog up and down the store or outside and watch your stride and foot strike and make a decision based on that.

Don't be a dick and order online afterwards, spend the extra $10-15 on customer service.
>>
>>40609265
Yeah they're goofy but great at the river, on SOME trails (see: jagged rocks) and for whenever I need a waterproof and slip resistant shoe with good grip that stay LOCKED to my feet.

Not like I run around town in them.
>>
File: Spooky_hairclip_hoodie.png (276KB, 620x750px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky_hairclip_hoodie.png
276KB, 620x750px
>it's either a stress fracture or shin splints
>gonna have to go to a doctor

I think I'll just keep running instead
>>
File: 257557898776.gif (63KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
257557898776.gif
63KB, 500x360px
So I think I may have damaged my left knee. Was doing 10k, and felt a sharp pain on thr knee. Decided so wear wraps and not run for a few months. Tried again and had to stop running after 15 minutes. Im afraid I am super fucked. Was a 3 month no run not long enough? Help me /fit/ I wanted to go half marathon as a recovered fat.
>>
>>40609317
my knees always hurt just deal with it
>>
>>40609317
describe the pain a bit more, when it happens during the stride, where specifically you feel it, does it hurt when you're not running, etc

>>40609306
I managed to run my way through an IT band issue, so good luck, m8
>>
>>40609345
It's along the inside of the tibia, about 4 inches below the knee. There is a sharp pain when pressing on the bone from the inside and a dull pain when pressing on the bone from the top. There is a dull pain when walking, also along the side of the tibia.
>>
>>40609306
That's what I thought. 3 years later is still present. I'm pretty much locked into cycling now.

Take care of those shins.
>>
>>40607796
Brah, you got hills on yer route bruh,

Try squeezing in some HIIT running

Use a stopwatch Bruh

90% mental pick a pace and stick with it when your testing for improvements

90% mental bruh Make sure you have good for every step of the way.

A pace bruh pick a pace bruh

Don't eat like shit either, pay attention to what you eat on the days and weeks when you run like shit.

Eat some oats 45-75 minutes before you run bruh k brah
>>
Running? Fuck running
>dedicate myself to run for cardio
>trying couch to 5k, and just jogging in general
>no matter what it's the same bullshit each time, I get a god damn cramp in my right abdomen, making me have to stop or run like in ducking having a stroke
>don't know if it's breathing pattern or running technique or both or what the fuck it is
>want to do swimming for my cardio but can't find the time or place compatible
Fuck my heart
>>
>>40607796
I never ever run because I hate it and it blows, but I actually just learned to dunk, and I've done it so much that I think I gave myself shin splints. I have really old gym shoes with no padding, so I've been landing pretty hard, not to mention that I jump with my right leg, so I've been putting a lot of force through my calf.

How do you guys get rid of shin splints?
>>
>>40609345
If it get cold I feel it like a pressure. I feel it when I jog or run with a slight amount of pain and after a while it's just a sharp pain. I can feel it if I lay down and put my other knee on it (on my side). However if im just sitting down doing nothing special I get no pain.
>>
>>40609413
run slower you nerd
>>
>>40609421
Thinking about it, it feels like lower part of knee.
>>
File: Untitled.png (293KB, 1359x811px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
293KB, 1359x811px
>>40607796
enjoy your early death
>>
>>40609466
Anything to get me there faster, anon
>>
>>40607796
Running a hilly route isn't balanced out by the downhill parts If I run flat I get about 22 mins for three miles and 40 minutes on my gay hilly route.

my half marathon is between 1:45 and 1:55 with a gay hilly route

When I lose discipline and stop focusing on form and pace I use a stopwatch so its done in intervals
>>
>>40609413
Thank you for sharing twat
>>
>>40609417
R.I.C.E.
>>
>>40609413
Try drinking more water and to be honest I usually just ignore cramps and they go away.

Unless its happening because I chose to fast of a pace but still i'd recommend trying to push through those cramps a little bit.

Would you say that your running style gets sloppy and turns into a really mild jog with quite small steps.

>If so really open your legs and take larger strides after a while that becomes your more normal running pace.
>>
>>40607796
your form is probably bad. Post video of your stride.
>>
>>40609491
Rest, ice, ?, and elevation?
>>
>>40609413
usually breathing pattern, i was always told to breathe out when your right foot is hitting the ground so you don't put pressure on a certain organ that gets compressed, cant remember specifically which one it is. But it was a problem that plagued me too when i first started
>>
Is there a better running breathing technique than 3-2-3? I've been working with it and while it is much better than the lack of technique I had before, I still feel like there's something better out there.

Are my lungs just fucked?
>>
>>40609466
If i die while working out i'll die happy, bring it on Doc
>>
>>40609589
Compression
>>
>>40609598
gotta work on your VO2 max baby boy
>>
>>40607796
>Have to do a 3K on wednesday

fucks sake
>>
>>40609652
work harder anon
>>
>>40607796
How the fuck?
>>
>>40609413
i always get this shit, every single day. and im a sprinter lol
>>
>>40609678
It's not that, I'm a sprinter with 0 stamina and I'm doing a 3K and I feel like I need to run a good time even though I will run pure shit
>>
Quick question are you suppose to wear underwear under tights?
>>
>>40609722
I do but that's because my lady bits smell straight up disgusting after 10 minutes

I don't know what's wrong with them
>>
>>40607796
8 minute miles ain't bad if you can sustain it.
Do at least 1 speed workout and long slow run a week and whatever else you feel like, pay attention to form, and you should improve. Cross training can help a lot too.
>>
>>40609722
are running tights worth it? Ive always had the opposite desire, which is to wear the shortest acceptable shorts so i have full freedom of movement
>>
>>40609722
No but you should wear shorts over the tights
>>
>>40609745
but cross training is the worst can't I just always run
>>
>>40608033
Good. Not terrific. When it comes to running, just doing it puts you ahead of most people.
>>
>>40609150
Don't go straight into it. You'll injure yourself. Gotta strengthen your lower legs and feet first, lengthen the calves, and stuff. Altras are zero drop and you can get a much more substantial shoe to protect you. They're also foot shaped.

I wear minimum for crosstraining, mizuno hitogami and altra for running. I've tried a lot of shoes along the way.
>>
File: 1482195958797.gif (1MB, 435x331px) Image search: [Google]
1482195958797.gif
1MB, 435x331px
>>40607796

Ignore half the shit in this thread.

Running more frequently doesn't help you get faster, it just builds endurance.

For improving run times you need to do 2 things:

Hill runs.
Find the tallest, longest hill (or incline) you can find near you. Then run up and over it. At the bottom, turn around, and do it again.

Do that until you cannot do more that day.
Then rest for at least one day, preferably 2-3.

WHY? hill sprints add anaerobic activity, which helps explosive power, while the downward slope forces your legs to move faster to keep from falling over, helping work on your pace.
Its also been proven that hill running builds endurance, which for some reason decays slower than that of someone who doesnt regularly hill run.

NEXT: Sprints.

This is simple; sprint your heart out. Then slow jog for a while to catch your breath. Then sprint again.
You can do it over set distance like a lifting set (sprint 50m, jog 100, sprint 100m, jog 100 etc) until failure. Or you can just run a X mile route, and sprint as much as possible throughout.
The latter I found easier to maintain over time, keeps things varied too.

Finally, to supplement: do unweighted squats, calf raises, and burpees in your regular routine. Squats in general help a ton for running, but all help build muscle endurance and joint strength, which lessens the likelihood of injuries when running (which are more prominent when you weigh more, such as when you're weighed down by dense muscle...)

I know this because:
British commando training is intense. Run times are bottom-of-the-barrel, bare minimum at 9:00 mins for 1.5 miles. You're expected to be sub 9 before training. Some get to sub 8, but not many. Most hit that after training.
I did this and shaved a consistent minute off of my run times every month from a shite 13 minutes, to a PR of 7:43. All from running at first 2 then, 3 times a week (one hill, one sprints, one light 30 min run)

To be fair though, I incorporated distance too
>>
>>40609426
I'm already going slower from exhaustion.
>>40609532
I'm pretty well hydrated but drinking a lot of water before hand would if anything give me a cramp faster and also potentially get me to puke.
I also do try to push through, first couple of times it happened just at the end of the run so I was able to get away with it. But the program naturally gets more intense so as it got more intense I would end up stopping earlier due to the cramp. And yes as I'm hyperventilating and gasping for breath my breathing pattern and running technique becomes shit. Not that it was ever that great. but I would hope that with doing it, i would get better at it. But no program accounts for potential cramps. I'll keep the longer strides thing in mind
>>
>>40609247
Start training to fix your flat feet. It can be done. A store will just point you to some support or motion control shoes which I personally think are a worse solution than buying shoes that force you to run properly and strengthen your feet.
>>
>>40609652
3k. Two miles. What, you can't run for 10 to 12 minutes? Christ. You NEED to work your cardio.
>>
File: 1421266959728.jpg (85KB, 610x720px) Image search: [Google]
1421266959728.jpg
85KB, 610x720px
>run in 50k
>really want to run in a 50m
>the closest one that's soon is in October and is 300 miles away
>>
>>40609839
The abreviated version:
You need both speed/strength/anaerobic workouts AND long slow runs staying below your anaerobic threshold.
>>
File: gay.jpg (14KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
14KB, 330x330px
>>40609746
>>40609748
>>40609722
You should only ever wear running tights if you're A. A woman.
B. In a country where it gets absolutely freezing. And I mean freezing. I've run in -5°C in just shorts for hours at a time and I'm perfectly fine.
C. If you're a batty boy.
>>
>>40609946
Being a sprinter automatically kills your cardio so you develop speed instead.
Have you not heard of fast/slow twitch muscles?
>>
>>40610004
Do you live in the middle of nowhere? There's loads of ultras near me.
>>
>>40609738
Send me a sample (any fabric with the residue will do) and I'll analyze it in my lab. We can get to the bottom of this if we just cooperate.
>>
>>40610022
thats not true, ive found that after a couple weeks of adding some HIIT intervals into my runs, my LISS gets easier. there's no reason you cant develop both
>>
>>40608220
Not him, but for a rough guide of relative speed over less than 5km, 5min/km is about average for a fit person who isn't focused on running. 4min/km is fast, 3min/km would be considered elite level national athlete who's focused on running.
Your 15min 2mile is about average, respectable but nothing to write home about. If you're doing hills or obstacles to prep for Spartan then it's pretty good.
>>
>>40607796
Running fucked my knees up. Unit PT consisted of a 12 mile ruck march in full gear once a week, and 2 days of 6 or more mile runs. I don't get how people can do it for years.
>>
File: sanic pepe.png (71KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
sanic pepe.png
71KB, 870x870px
>GOTTA GO FAST!!!
>>
>>40609413
Eat better
Sleep more
Drink more water
Stop running flat footed
Stop sprinting, run at a pace you can keep
Stretch
Run Regularly (like more than once a week)
>>
>>40610089
>says running ruined his knees
>rucking
No, rucking killed your knees.
>>
>>40610065
I'd love to hear what your HIIT consists of.
Runners HIIT such as>>40609839 tend to be (compared to what sprinters do) have way too short rest intervals which in turn reduces the intensity of the actual runs.

Point is moot anyway this 3k is a one off race and I'll never do it again, until I hit 50 and have no speed.
>>
>>40610127
Rucking wasn't even that bad. Knees didn't start hurting till we amped our running from 2 miles to 6 miles because of "hurr crossfit sgt durr" took charge of our pt sessions.
>>
>>40607796

Without even reading this thread, I can guarantee that the answer can be found in pic related, with citations to supporting exercise phys. experiments conducted by the author over the course of decades. It's the equivalent of SS but for running, and covers a variety of other running related topics (good form, clothing, treadmills, hills, stride rate, breathing, etc.).
>>
>>40607796
Hate to be that guy but, progressive overload, stress, recovery adaptation. Train MEASURABLY harder EVERY time you train (but in small increments). Incorporate a bit of strength, mobility and HIT. The first to for injury prevention and over-all health, the last cardio gains. Your time will improve rapidly.
>>
>>40610195
Good post, first time I've seen it mentioned here, which is a shame because it's mentioned all the time on Letsrun
>>
>>40608220

Speaking as one of those 145 lbs guys (that was literally my weight at 6'0 when I was racing seriously) I would say that's pretty typical. I used to work at a running shoe store and did some coaching for the learn to run programs and worked with some bigger guys. You're doing 2 miles in 15:25 which should equate to somewhere in the mid 24 minute range for 5k. Doing stuff like 5x1k around 4:00 per k with 2-3 minutes of rest will be very helpful for you. That workout should be challenging but not something you couldn't duplicate after a day or two of recovery.
>>
>>40609150

I recommend only using them for a few miles of running per week total, preferably as something you change into for the last half mile or mile of a longer run and then focusing on form and preferably running on soft surfaces. I ran in conventional trainers all through high school and college but did 4-8 x 100m striders barefoot on grass 3-4 days per week, and my form was perfect by the time I was a hs senior.
>>
>>40609270

Can't emphasize this enough. Going online after someone takes you through a fit is like learning the major lifts from a gym that offers free classes to teach good form, then joining some Globo-Gym-esque place and giving them business because they're a few bucks less. If it's a big jump in cost that's fine, but don't gyp good service over a few bucks.

>>40609870

There is nothing you can get from barefoot shoes that you can't get from wearing conventional trainers for 95+ % of your running then adding some barefoot striders a few times per week.
>>
Riding bicycles is the patrician's choice for cardio training.
It combines the power of the human body with the engineering skills of an intelligent, sophisticated mind. It is truly the ultimate combination of mind and body.
Swimming is alright, too, because it is about the human conquering the sea.
Running? That's something even a 3 year old can do
>>
>>40610432
Anyone can run, sure, but few can run well.

You can take an average person and have them swim okay, and bicycle decently without much training. There isn't a really meaningful reference for performance in either of those areas unless you do some research. And honestly, there isn't much of a learning curve to doing either of those safely.

With running, it is usually pretty common knowledge to know what is fast and what is slow. And if you get it wrong, you can sustain injuries quite easily. I feel like running has an adequately high learning curve, and you can truly overcome a lot of genetic inability with proper training.
>>
>>40610266
>>40610078
>>40609775
Thanks friendos

>Gotta go fast...er
>>
>>40609839
Best post ITT

Coming from another military guy, the best way to improve your running endurance is a combination of sprints, HIIT, and some endurance running. Sprinting btw means TOP MOTHERFUCKING SPEED not just fast paced running. Some suggestions below

sprint drills
>football field ladder: sprint to the 10 yard line, jog back, sprint to the 20, jog back, and so on all the way to the end zone and back down the ladder so to speak.
>Another sprint drill is to set up cones along a 100m track, trot 25m, jog 25m, run (race pace) 25m, sprint 25m the walk or trot back. Do this 5-10 times based on ability.
>Hill sprints, hill sprints, hill sprints

HIIT
>4-8x400m, with 400m jog in between. Good if you have access to a track, if not you can do 1m on 1m off (or whatever intervals you feel comfortable with) drills along a preplanned route.

Throw in some endurance runs every so often and maybe some swims and rows for active recovery days, but the bulk of your workouts should be sprints and HIIT. A lot of marathoners haven't run more than 5 miles until race day, focussing on HIIT for their training.
>>
>>40608033
When I was in middle and high school, we had these 12 minute runs to measure the athletic ability of students. It was called the "cooper test".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_test

Basically, you run for 12 minutes, and see how far you can get. Then you look at the table and get graded based on the standardized values.
For example, when i was 16, i ran 1 mile / 1.6km in 12 minutes, and got an F for that. Pretty much every guy was faster than me, only some fat girls were as slow as me.
At age 18 i ran around 1.5miles / 2.4km in 12 minutes, and i got a D for that.
I remember the fastest guys in our class would easily reach ~2miles /3km in 12 minutes.
>>
>>40610432
>not doing both

lol plebeian
>>
>>40610559
>A lot of marathoners haven't run more than 5 miles until race day, focussing on HIIT for their training.

This directly contradicts a lot of current knowledge on building up mileage to be able to run longer distances more quickly.

The best formula for the average person to become a competent runner in any distances past half a mile is to do 1 long run, a tempo run, a day for repeats and 2-3 extra days of moderately easy mileage. And you really shouldn't even be worried about the tempo run/repeats until you're topping 30 miles a week consistently.
>>
File: 1392417365082.jpg (18KB, 352x426px) Image search: [Google]
1392417365082.jpg
18KB, 352x426px
>>40609839
>went from 13 minute 1.5 mile to 7:43
>>
>>40609839

All of the sprinting and hill work and speed work you're describing is immeasurably less likely to result in injury if it's performed with a solid foundation of high volume lower intensity running.
>>
>>40610022

Fast twitch and slow twitch certainly both benefit from specificity, but for an amateur athlete they are almost never going to get to the level where training them becomes mutually exclusive.
>>
>>40610559
>>A lot of marathoners haven't run more than 5 miles until race day, focussing on HIIT for their training.

What is the fastest you've heard of someone running a marathon in with a max run of 5 miles prior to the race?
>>
>>40610559
milguy here (USA)
are 1 mile runs really HIIT? I could understand 1/4 mile but 1 mile is long. Such as when we used to do 60/120s...
>>
>>40610559
> A lot of marathoners haven't run more than 5 miles until race day, focussing on HIIT for their training
Oh gee, I guess that's the reason why almost every marathon plan in existence has a minimum of a 20 mile run several weeks before the marathon, with the exception of Crossshit and Hansen's cumulative fatigue plan!
>>
File: rsz_a4eazumanga_daioh_01_1281.png (84KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_a4eazumanga_daioh_01_1281.png
84KB, 300x225px
>>40610914
>1 mile is long
>>
File: 1481903931896.jpg (37KB, 503x760px) Image search: [Google]
1481903931896.jpg
37KB, 503x760px
>>40610719
Not really mate. Actually that'd be flat out wrong;
Low intensity high volume running doesn't strengthen the joints for the high impact striking of running. If someone is new to running the high volume will strain the joints more than they're used to too quickly. Likely resulting in shin splints or worse.
If they're experienced runners already, high volume will do nothing for them at all.

Running a circuit of squats, calf-raises, lunges, and the like with mobility stretches will do more for preventing injury. And you can always start by walking hills, which achieves the same thing as running them, but for smaller reward.

Most people on /fit/ should be capable of jogging or running at least a mile.
If not, start with the most parroted advice on /fit/ regarding running: couch to 5k.

You should be noting OP's question was about improving run times though, and what I posted will achieve that and do so while building joint strength for safety.
I also avoided giving set distances because I'm not trying to make someone push themselves further than they're ready.

Running 6 times a week is for real runners. Not lifters and normies.

>>40610688
I don't know how to decipher this reaction. Is it meant to be impressed, or doubting?

There were people who could run a damn sight faster than me regardless. I think the world record is like sub 6 minutes but i found nothing official googling. Sub 7 was rare and fucking godly, but achievable with dedication.

>>40610559
>field ladder
we had 'suicides' that work the same way but each quarter of a football(soccer to you) pitch. Did them til failure as a bloody warmup because of sadistic instructors.

never heard of the marathoner thing though. Most people I've known doing one did generally do shorter runs focusing on maintaining a target split pace (ie 7 mins a mile). But they'd have full or longer distance runs too to build endurance.
>>
>>40611033
fank u 4 ur servis
>>
File: 1466244479766.jpg (14KB, 270x271px) Image search: [Google]
1466244479766.jpg
14KB, 270x271px
>>40611053
u iz welcum ;^)

fank u 4 urs 2
>>
>>40610956
For sprints yeah 1 mile is a fucking insane for sprints. Most HIIT runs have you sprint for 20 seconds at a time.
>>
>durr im a sprinter not a long distance runner xD
if you can't run 10 miles without taking a break then you're not fit, simple as that
>>
>>40610089
Bad form fucked your knees up friend
>>
What happened? It used to be that everyone on here said to run nice slow distance runs at your target hear rate four or five times a week

Now everyone is talking about how they've fallen for the interval meme
>>
File: 1446568941692.gif (1MB, 197x200px) Image search: [Google]
1446568941692.gif
1MB, 197x200px
>>40611118
Paras < bootnecks
>>
>>40611033
I'm not saying it's the only way to train for a marathon it's just something I have seen from a handful of people. Personally I would rather just run long distance in marathon training but that can be detrimental to building muscle, plus if you're trying to build speed over long distances HIIT is pretty much essential. If you just want to trot out a marathon though it's not hard
>>
>>40611245
people stopped falling for the "cardio kills gains" meme
>>
File: sprinters.jpg (269KB, 948x716px) Image search: [Google]
sprinters.jpg
269KB, 948x716px
Truth.
>>
is there a way of running to improve my heart rate? it's pretty high for my age, weight, and otherwise appearance of good health. Should i be pushing for it to get really high while Im running? it's strange how it's safe to have a high heart rate while exercising but if it was the same while at rest it would be dangerous. when I am working hard my heartrate gets into the 190's.
>>
>>40611689
just improving your cardiovascular health in general will improve heart rate stuff like that
>>
>>40609466
Nice source faggot
>>
does smoking weed hurt gains/lung capacity?
>>
>>40610055
Dub dubs needs for science
>>
>>40611732
i hiked the pacific crest trail last summer and could hike 40 50 miles straight 4-5 mph fuckin smokin the whole god damn time. i became a master of rolling spliffs while walking backwards up mountains if somebody tells you that you cant smoke and kick ass cardio-wise theyre a bitch
>>
>>40611701
ive been running 3-4 times a week for a couple months, doing hiit mixed with days where i usually try to pb a 5k or bike if my shins need a break. but im not improving as much as I expected to and my heart rate hasnt gone down either. my best 1mile is sub 7:30 , 2 mile 16:00, 5k i think im barely under 30 i might have made under 28 one time
>>
>>40611777
>Double doubles then trips

I guess that decides it. Give me your addresses, friends
>>
>>40611732
Yeah, the few researches done on stoners who quit smoking has found that their lung capacities do go up not only through tests, but they notice it.

I would bet my money on the same for gains, but I have friends that swear by smoking a bowl before going to the gym or going on their long Sunday runs.

I personally would be freaking out the entire run and instead of being able to enjoy nature.
>>
>>40609589
Rice, Ice, Cat, Eat
>>
>>40611806
From what I'm seeing, the biggest reason you aren't improving is the lack of mileage in your training plan.

When running any distance over 800m, you need to really work on your aerobic capacity, and the only way to do that is to put in a certain minimum of mileage. This is done in the form of long, slower, easier runs. Once you hit a base minimum mileage, let's say 25-30 miles per week depending on the person and goals, then you can start worrying more about those quality workouts. Why? Because the longer, easier runs will help you more than the quality workouts will at that point.

Once you get the base mileage, then in order to really focus your training, you need to determine a goal race for yourself. (goal race in this case just means an ideal distance that you want to perform best at). Specialization is a big deal because you don't want to put in an inordinate amount of time training to cover all aspects of running. Basically, you can use your quality training (intervals, tempo runs, hill runs etc) to create a range of distances you perform better in, I.E. being really good at 5-15k distances, or being good at 1 mile - 3 mile distances. The reason I say that you'll have a certain range of good performance potential is because there is definitely a certain overlap in training between different distances.

The real question though, is why do people say that long, easy runs are best? It's because of the necessity to create an aerobic base. Basically, if you run a large majority of your miles at 60-70% of your maximum heartrate, you are strengthening your heart and cardiovascular system as much as possible without taking necessary risks. Your heart's volume per stroke of blood being bumped tends to taper off at that heart rate, so you gain no benefit in terms of aerobic capacity by training past that point.

What faster training really does is help your legs flush lactic acid and help with strength/conditioning for your muscles.
>>
>>40611689
Run below your anaerobic threshold. You can have this tested but it changes with fitness level. Most people assume it's 70% of the range between resting heart rate and max heart rate.
I.e. with a max of 180 and resting of 60,
(.70*(180-60))+60= 144

Most people assume their max hr is 220 minus their age. You have to measure your resting hr first thing in the morning.

Basic idea:
read up on heart rate monitor training for endurance athletes. If you train below your anaerobic threshold, you're purely working your aerobic system. As a result, your resting heart rate drops, your aerobic capacity increases, your anaerobic threshold increases, and your capacity to do work increases. End result, you'll be able to do the same amount of work without your heart rate hitting 190.
>>
>>40611806
Where are your slow runs, fool?

It'll do you good.
>>
>>40611732
It certainly doesn't help, but it won't negate all of your training.
>>
>>40609603
How do you compress?
>>
>>40607832
go to your local high school and train with them. just make sure to tell the coach first or else it would be weird lol. do the stretches with the team, do the training with them. they'll probably have you running at least five miles a day. it's good because you can use these boys as pacers. they do usually one meet a week-sometimes two. it'll brobably be a tuesday saturday schedule. anyway do a couple of 5k's a week and you should see noticeable improvements over the course of the season.
>>
>>40612255
You don't on shin splints but if it's an ankle injury or something you wrap it.

Why do so many people in run threads get shin splints? Are you all slamming down heel first with shitty lower leg and foot strength? Do you all have more than 500 miles on your running shoes? Do you wear for things other than running and wear out the midsole? Or are you all just overweight?
>>
>>40612255
>>40612301
Get a pair of compression leg sleeves. I recommend Zensah. They last years, unless you have a preferred running brand you want to rep.
Don't be a bitch and depend on them though. Use them only to recover and put them away and work to never need them again.

Bad shoes will fuck up your shins. Worn out shoes, shoes not meant to run in, or even shoes that aren't meant for your foot will fuck you up fast.
I'll bet people on here are cheap as fuck like I am and will run in a pair till my I start to feel my shins and switch out to new pairs.
And many of you fucks have been fitted into a proper shoe before at all.
Plus if you start out running wearing wrong type of shoe and mess your shins up you are fighting an uphill battle till you take time off to properly let them heal, and which no one really knows how to or has patience to allow their shins to heal.
>>
I do Cross Country and Track for my high school (I'm senior no ban), how often should I swap out my running shoes?
>>
>>40612393
300 to 500 miles or every 6 months depending on the shoe, your weight, and terrain. You might get a little more life running xcountry than you would pounding pavement.
>>
>>40612485
Ok thanks, this season I've been getting runner's knee consistently for some reason doing the same workouts, I think it has something to do with how worn out my shoes are.
>>
>>40612531
Pretty sure runners knee is from the bending of the knee, not shock?

My go to for treating any problem is form, strengthening/rehab, and nutrition

Pay attention to your running form and make sure its good.
Check for and fix muscle imbalances and do some strength work to increase stability.
Supplements for joint and tendon health: glucosamine, collagen, vitamin d, omega 3s. Using lots of spices when cooking has a lot of benefits too, like anti-inflammatory effects.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
My right knee is fucked up, I get IT/Plica pains every time I go for a jog, I usually stop when I feel them so they don't get as bad as when I kept going.

I went for a jog this morning and the pain started around 10 minutes in, in the outer face of the knee, like when your IT Band has swollen. I said fuck it and kept going for about 15 more minutes, however, I realized that the pain disappeared if I pointed my toes outward. When I hit the 25 minute mark I decided to go home. I have to say that today's pain wasn't as bad as it used to be, maybe 3/10.

How the fuck do I stop this? lifting weights? surgery?
>>
>>40613080
When your foot pronates, your knee pronates. It twists inward and that twisting can cause problems. Pay attention to the direction your kneecaps are pointing when you run and try to keep them pointing straight ahead.

Can't say exactly what your problem is but strengthening feet hips and ankles is always a good place to start. Builds stability and strength so you don't collapse down and put all the stress on your joints.
>>
>>40608155
1.5 mile time? Sounds like a military wannabe.
Short races are odd to train for. This guy is right on workout style, though I haven't heard of doing have mile intervals I've done 30/60 or 60/120 workouts for 8 to 10 intervals to bring down my short run times.
>>
>>40607796

You're jogging thats the problem.

Just jog for a few minutes then start sprinting and your time should come down.
>>
File: image.png (39KB, 147x181px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39KB, 147x181px
>>40609466
>unsourced, baseless claim from some fat chink quack
>>
>>40607796
Does anybody know about a good HIIT routine involving the jump rope?
>>
>c25k in 2 weeks last year.
>managed a 35 min 5k.
>bad times afterwards, muscles, stomach etc
>got my first ever finishers medal
>worthit.jpg

>slacked off on training, got back into it recently.
>local 5k in october
>give awards for roughly 15 min 5ks

Is this even possible to achieve in the timeframe?
If I'm reading this correctly, >>40609839 says that 9 mins for 1.5 miles is military minimum? So basic military minimums are still 18 min 5ks?

I just want something to aim for to get me running again, but I'd love to get something better than just a finishers medal, and I'd love to start with being really good at a 5k before moving onto endurance running for say a half marathon. But is 3x5 minute miles a ridiculous goal for 220 days or so of training?
>>
>>40609317
>>40609345
Fuck, just see a doctor guys.
>>
>>40613501
4x hang yourself with the jump rope faggot w/ eternal rest
>>
>>40610156
late response but i usually do my HIIT based on time, since ive been doing most of my running on treadmills at the moment. I'll break it down by minutes and do like

30 seconds off 30 seconds on for 10 minutes
increase speed
40 seconds off 20 seconds on for 5 minutes
increase speed
20 off, 10 on, 20 off, 10 on for 5 minutes

and i always try to finish with a 30-40 second effort at whatever my highest speed was

I have no idea if im doing this correctly or "right" since i feel like i'm kind of winging it sometimes, but it's fun
>>
>>40613080
go to a sporting goods store and buy a patella brace. Basically just a small strap brace that goes just under your knee and gives you support for that stuff. worked great for me
>>
>>40607796
I have pectus excavatum, would it hurt my heart to run?
>>
>>40607796
How can I stop feeling so Bored when running?
>>
>>40609247
>>40609270
>>40609870
How do i find a running store? Google? Just look them up on Yelp?
>>
File: 1487225574003.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487225574003.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
>>40614123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM35d979zy0
go wild
>>
>>40612282
Last week some high-school had some chick run onto the track and strip naked before she started chasing the runners
>>
>>40613521
Not even possible to get 15 minutes in any timeframe. You would need natural talent to achieve that, which you don't.
>>
>>40612213
>anaerobic threshold
What you're describing is the aerobic threshold, not anaerobic
>>
>>40613521
>being really good at a 5k before moving onto endurance running for say a half marathon
Although the 5k a fairly short distance compared to a half marathon, you still need a huge aerobic base to even think about running close to a 15 min 5k. You won't get there just by running intervals, you need to build a large mileage base, which will then allow you to do harder interval training (and you'll have to be smart with your training), which will then allow you to run a 15min 5k. Basically, you can just start training for a half marathon and that serves as excellent base training for the 5k
>>
>>40614123
zombie run! app its basically a zombie audiobook that interrupts your music from time to time and the characters speak directly to you so your basically playing the main character(runner 5) as he/she runs to complete various missions for the small township that took him/her in
they already have 5 seasons I've logged over 700KM last year and am only up to season 3
https://zombiesrungame.com/
>>
>>40607796

Gear :

Have good shoes. You'll screw your feet/knees/everything otherwise, and it's easier to give up when "it hurts".
Find good clothing. You're supposed to feel comfortable when you run. Bonus point if the clothes make you look good/athletic/confident, that's another reason to put them on and go for a run.
Use an app to track your progress. Nothing brings more motivation than seeing that you are actually getting better. At first I ran 4km at 5"30'/km, in the end I handled 18km at 4"50'/km. I use strava, just pick the one you like (design, options...). The free version for strava allows you to see your pace on each kilometer of your run, which is a great metric.

Competition:

Give yourself a goal. I chose to run the half-marathon, I had never done this in my life. In the end, I finished 6500/38000, I'm pretty damn happy! I got fitter (cardio doesn't kill gains), faster and all the motivational bullshit you can think about.
The point is : register in a race. 5k/10k/20k/half-marathon/marathon, no one gives a shit what you do during your weekends. Give yourself two months (that's what I've done) and start training.

Practice:

Many good answers here underlined that there are different race types. I totally second this. During my half-marathon training I had three types:
- Short distance : 4km at 4"25'/km on average + 12 * 200m sprints
- Average distance : 7-9 km at 4"35'/km on average
- Long distance 14-18 km at 4"45'/km on average
Running different race types means different types of effort, which is good. It is also less boring.
Very important here : choose a route for each type of effort and stick to it, run the same route on every training. This is the only way to properly track your progress.

Enjoy! There's nothing more satisfying than seeing your progress and completing the big race. On the half-marathon my pace was 4"37'/km, I never thought I'd be able to do this. My family and friends keep telling my how I lost weight, that's also awesome.
>>
>>40615870

Last thing : your mind is truly weaker than your body. Honestly, even when my legs still hurt from the previous session I was able to run at least 5k, and trust me sometimes I didn't want to. During the half marathon I got really tired around 13-14km, I thought I had started the race too fast. I managed to keep a good pace though.
Trust your legs, they can carry you far and don't be afraid to run long distances!
>>
sometimes while running i get this sharp pain, feels like angina pectoris, should i run slower or somethign?
>>
What you guys listen to
>>
>>40616137
CHANGE MY PITCH UP
FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>40610592
we had that too,you must be from a european country
>>
How often should I run a week?

4 times? 5?
>>
File: 1487260632639.png (379KB, 435x741px) Image search: [Google]
1487260632639.png
379KB, 435x741px
>>40609839
>tfw live in the fucking Prairies. Literally no mounds of dirt let alone inclines/declines.

>tfw 7 months of the year spent buried in snow. Literal ice coating the streets. Can't go outside and risk an injury.
>>
>>40616137
https://open.spotify.com/user/tumblerblack/playlist/7ayz8z0fsOVdUr23VPA9uA

This is my running playlist, r8/h8 please everybody.

I'd post it in a single nice screen cap but I'm on mobile rn
>>
Currently doing Stew Smiths 12 week PFT training program to improve from 6 minute mile to 12 minute 2 mile. When the program has me doing intervals at goal pace am I supposed to hit goal pace on every repeat or work up to it? I can keep up the 1:30 1/4 mile for some time but then it slips into 1:32-1:33.
>>
File: 1488672013862.jpg (2MB, 3003x2013px) Image search: [Google]
1488672013862.jpg
2MB, 3003x2013px
>you will never run 17:45 min 5K's like high school XC
Feels bad
>>
>>40617788
>am I supposed to hit goal pace on every repeat
Yes, that's the point of doing intervals, you improve your ability to run at a certain pace
If the goal pace is to hard for you, aim for a slightly slower pace
>>
>>40611534
id rather not look like a auschwitz prisoner
>>
>>40617911
I know that feel

As soon as I graduated from high school, I went onto starting strength and began bulking. Now I'm 40 pounds heavier. I'm happy that I am no longer a skeleton, but I miss going fast.
>>
>>40617924

Alright, thanks for clearing it up!
>>
>>40618060
Bruh just use your built legs to propel yourself faster
>>
>>40608033
>6'4" 210lbs
>Running
R.I.P your knees if you keep it up
As a fellow bigman 6'3" 220lbs) I would recommend you do rowing on an ERG of swim if you want to be able to walk in later life
>>
>>40609306
>>40609317
proper running form is important anons
>>
File: Paavo Nurmi 1924.jpg (38KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Paavo Nurmi 1924.jpg
38KB, 400x600px
>>40610592
Based Finland
Too bad we're fat these days, we used to dominate distance running back in the day
>>
File: Heikki_tonniHQ.jpg (32KB, 499x570px) Image search: [Google]
Heikki_tonniHQ.jpg
32KB, 499x570px
>tfw tendonitis
>havent been able to go running for months now

shit fucking sucks, my mental health has suffered so much. at least my bench has gone up 20 kg
>>
>>40609413
That other anon is right enough. You're breathing in on the same foot strike every time, same for your exhale. Just swap it and you'll be good. If you can get into it, a good pattern that changes foot by itself is fantastic.
>>
>>40618722

Based Flying Finn.
>>
>>40618559
>mfw reading this at 6'2 245
>>
File: b8.jpg (17KB, 540x527px) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
17KB, 540x527px
>>40609466
>>40611722
>>40613486
are people actually taking this seriously or is this some 3 levels deep bait i'm not getting?
>>
>>40617710
ill try it out, plus its got tons of FIDLAR, who im trying to get into. Thanks for the list mang
>>
>>40618573

I don't really know what proper form is beyond not heel striking.
>>
help me out senpai.

I entered the new york marathon lottery for shits and giggles, and got a spot from the drawing. I'm pretty pumped, and will start on the Hal Higdon novice 1.

I've previously been lifting 4 days a week and running 2. I'm thinking of just reversing this to lifting 2 days a week and running (as prescribed in Higdon) 4 days a week.

That sound smart, famalam?

Thanks!
>>
File: 1487296972125.jpg (168KB, 1034x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1487296972125.jpg
168KB, 1034x1175px
> starting weight 235 lbs
> 4mi/48min
>now 215 lbs
>4/40min

feels good guys.

still a fat fuck, but still... nice to see progress.
>>
File: end it all.png (34KB, 195x215px) Image search: [Google]
end it all.png
34KB, 195x215px
>>40620893
>he's that fat but still goes faster than me
>>
>>40607796
What sort of strength routines would you guys recommend for someone who wants to prioritise running but doesn't want to go full skele mode? Something that won't hinder running progress and can be done before a 7k.
>>
File: 1484554427319.jpg (127KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484554427319.jpg
127KB, 1024x1024px
>>40620908

to be frank, just get out there.

I am running 20 mi/week. not matter what.

and watching what i eat and drink of course.
>>
>>40621001
I've been running since september and am still doing 11-12 min miles running 20-25 miles a week
>>
>>40613521
I run a 16.20 5k but it fucking hurts. It took me 4 years to get from 36 min 5k to my pace now. Lots of speed work on tracks, regular 10 mile runs and interval sessions, some hill sprints in the summer. If you want to get close, work, work, work and it will take some time.
>>
>>40621037

a) Time for some new running shoes?

b) Change the surface you run on (consider trail running if running on asphalt/concrete).

c) Up your intensity (Push your self more).

d) Stretch before and after runs.

e) Completely give your self enough time to rest your body.
>>
>>40621116
>telling someone this close to suicide to rest

running is all I have with which to cope
>>
>>40620974
All elite runners that have been tested in studies have stronger hamstring than quads so find a routine that achieves this.
>>
Anyone else here trying to fix their form and regress horribly?
>>
>>40618573
Sure it is....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLLSKmpMKe4
>>
>>40611534
Distance runners are just failed sprinters.
>>
>>40621037
I smoke like a chimney, run less than 10 miles a week but can do 1.5 miles in around 9:30. However, im sure youd wreck me at long distance, fastest 4 mile time is around 35 mins.

The key is to train for what you want; theres a quote from some zen running master, 'if you want to run far, run far. If you want to run fast, run fast.'

If you want to increase your short distance mile time, do sprints/HIIT or Fartlek. Running at a consistent speed for long distance only lets you run at that speed for long distances. Change it up, increase speed and decrease distance, or add in strides (i.e 5 minutes light jog then 5 minutes 80% pace, back to light jog)

Obviously im no pro runner and cant do distance for shit, but if you want to cover a short distance rapidly, thats what you need to train for.
>>
>>40622988
Forgot to add just in case; run for a minute, count every time your right foot hits the ground and then double it. Thats your cadence. Pro runners and athletes hit about 180 steps per minute, and land with their mid-foot almost directly under their body. Try changing up your cadence and stride length and see how that affects your speed.
>>
Former smoker here. I recently started running like a month ago and am already at 1.5 miles at 15 minutes....How long will it take for that time to drop. I feel like I'm going faster but I always end up getting 15 minutes after my run
>>
>>40623163
Read >>40622988

Try and improve your cadence (number of footfalls per minute) as well as the length of your stride, ideally both. Cadence is more important though, overstriding can do you some damage.
Do sprints, i.e sprint 50 metres, jog for 3 minutes, sprint again etc. Do that for at least 8-10 sprints, or until the tank is completely empty. Ideally do it on a hill, but get to that gradually if possible.

Also, try Fartlek; jog at 40% pace for 5 minutes, then run at 80% for 2 minutes, then back to 40% for 5 minutes, then sprint 20 metres, then back to jogging.
>>
>>40609413
to get rid of the cramps, if they're too painful, you need to lift your arm on the cramping side over your head so that your elbow is basically over your head, bending it over to the other side of your head, then breathe in and out trying to push your abdomen out as much as possible when inhaling.
>>
File: 1487397856881.jpg (44KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1487397856881.jpg
44KB, 480x451px
>>40609466
>there are fatties on /fit/ that believe this
>>
>>40609466
i dont want to die as a fat dyel at least
>>
>>40619684
yeah no problem, man. I used to run almost exclusively to techno/electronica type stuff but i've recently really been feeling this rock playlist. I'd say lemme know what you think once you try it but i don't know if theres any way to do that.

I mostly just use it for HIIT/Sprints and such like that but it works for distance running fairly well too
>>
>>40614456
I don't think I would run away
geddit it
Benis
>>
>>40610065
Wrong
>>40610751
right
>>
I work a pretty busy job. How often do i need to run for progress to be decent?

My weekends are generally open, but i work late into the night so i barely even have time to lift on weekdays.

I can probably run outside in the morning when it's warmer, but it's freezing now.
>>
Does anyone have any tips on how to overcome the feeling of being out of breath? The physical running part has started to become bearable and I can maintain my breathing in a 2-1 pattern when pushing myself but I just can't seem to get past the feeling of panic due to being out of breath.
>>
>>40610592
The FitnessGramâ„¢ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
>>
Did a short jog for the first time in years and my outer left calf and ankle are a little sore. It's particularly pronounced with my toes pointed and facing inwards. Is this normal, or am I on the way to injury?
>>
Whats a good weighted vest for running/hiking?
>>
>>40625220
none, weighted vests are a meme and only serve to do undue damage to your joints
>>
>>40625205
Does it feel like an injury or a boo boo
>>
>>40625238
>le weighted vests will fuck your joints meme

Listen, as long as you aren't a retard and don't do stupid shit with it there will be no negative impact. If you have a high quality one meaning the weight is distributed properly how will doing a hike or running with a weighted vest bad?
>>
>>40609413
When I get an ab cramp I try breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth for a while. Usually it goes away in 10 seconds or so
>>
>>40625259
because that added weight is basically just like being fat, and that will damage your joints over periods of use, why not just forget the dumb vest and work harder with what you've got
>>
>>40625075
Breath through your mouth AND nose
Run slower
Chew gum (but not the kind that makes your saliva gooey)
>>
>>40620351
This is basically my schedule. It works.

You can gain mass on 2 days a week, but slowly. Think of it as bit more than maintaining.
>>
>>40625453
What about for pull ups, push ups, planks, weighted dips etc?
>>
>>40625787
Those exercise are basically the same as weight training. You do know that people squat, bench and dead lift large weights without any problems? Running with a weight vest serves no purpose. I do understand hiking though and people can walk tens of miles a day with heay backpacks, but then you're walking so there's much less of an impact on your joints
>>
I want to start cardio but I hate running with a passion
I live in a mountainous area, is powerwalking uphill any good?
>>
>>40627033
Yes, actually.

Going at a steady pace over a long period of time is better for cardio and fat burning
>>
>>40627068
Aight, thanks pham
>>
>>40609652
I run ~3k 3 times a week as a warm-up before lifting.
>>
>>40618559
Im 6'3 and 260. (think powerlifter body)

Should i just give up my dream of ever running a marathon?
>>
>>40610559
>marathon not running more than 5 miles
Sure buddy and then dropping out like the flies like crossfitendurances team did on their first ultra
>>
How exactly should I breath when running a 10k and 1.5 mile runs?
>>
>>40610328
>but don't gyp good service over a few bucks.
gyping is what made america great, our nation was built by the gypsy/jew mentality
>>
>>40628639
Breath into your belly
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.