[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is harder: doing a pullup or deadlifting your bodyweight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170302_113640.jpg (456KB, 1120x1680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170302_113640.jpg
456KB, 1120x1680px
Which is harder: doing a pullup or deadlifting your bodyweight?
>>
>>40607080
They are both relatively easy, I would say pull-up for fat powerlifters and deadlift for skellys
>>
>>40607080
Pullups are harder because you have to rise your weight with less muscles involved.

Im omw to DL 150Kg and i can't do a single pullup, only chinups.
>>
>>40607225

>i can't do a single pullup

baka
>>
>>40607225
How is it possible that you can do chinups but not pullups? They aren't that different.
>>
>>40607080
Pullups are incredibly easy from r me. Always have been.

I'm about 155 pounds and deadlifting 102.5 pounds including bar kind of hurts my back. Not to say i couldn't do more, but pullups are absolutely easier for me, to the point where i actually enjoy doing them. Even if i'm super lazy, i still do some because i find them fun.
>>
>>40607234

I wonder that too. But im working on that with lat pulldowns and negative pullups.
>>
>>40607225
You need to hit the lat pull down my friend
>>
>>40607234

He has weak lats/forearms
>>
>>40607225
are you fat?
>>
>>40607080
I've been able to do both for as long as I can remember.
And I've been over 250lbs since I was 12.
>>
>>40607297
Ex-fatlord, now im kinda in that limbo called strongfat where i start to look good in clothes but not at all without them.
>>
>>40607080
I can DL well over my BW but can’t do a single pullup. But I don't train for pullups, and lift a lot more often So pretty much what >>40607143 said
>>
>>40607253
lift the bar higher off the ground especially if you aren't up to 1pl8 yet

i put plates(15kg) under the bar when im lifting over 2pl8 and all my back pain is 100% gone

its magical, finally fixed my deadlift
>>
Pullup. They're both lifting your bodyweight, but on one you're using your arms and upper back while the other uses your whole posterior chain + core.
>>
>>40607325

No, you're still fat. But that's okay.
>>
File: ThatsNotTrue.gif (1MB, 320x178px) Image search: [Google]
ThatsNotTrue.gif
1MB, 320x178px
>>40607303
250 at 12? and doing pullups?................
>>
>>40607393
Yeah, I call bs on this shit. I was a center in American football and a catcher in baseball, so I could always deadlift a lot, but at 12? Lies.
>>
>>40607280
His forearms most be staggeringly weak then.

As chinups work lats a similar amount as pullups.
>>
>>40607381
And you are a douchebag. The difference is that i can change with time and effort.
>>
>>40607342
Cut
>>
>>40607080
Pullup is harder. I at a bodyweight of 165lbs I can do a 5 reps of pullups with 55lbs added so a total of 220lbs, while my deadlift is 315x5. Scaling this down, your deadlift pattern strength should still be relatively stronger than your pullup pattern strength.
>>
>>40607303
Imagine how sad your life has to be to lie about being an amazingly strong but obese child on a congolese basked weaving forum?
>>
>>40607784
What. It's true.
Could bang out at least 10-12 pullups and chinups my entire life.
>>
>>40607234
Radial muscle is crucial for pull ups and basically has to support/lift all the weight which at heavier weights becomes increasingly harder
I'm strongfat and can do like 20 chinups but maybe one pullup with messed up form
>>
>>40607234
chinups use your biceps way more
>>
different movement. i couldn't do pull-ups unassisted at 170 lbs, until i started to grease the groove.

every time i walked by my pull-up bar, i did two, be it with a cheat form or good. it was hard as fuck in the beginning, i even restrained from leaving the room fearing the pull-ups.

but then i started getting better at it, and i started doing more and more, now i can do 10 strict pull-ups with good form, and only in the couple last i might need to cheat.

my advice for people who can't pull-up is to just keep going at it and get a pull-up in every time you can. you do get used to it, and it does get easier by the day.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.