[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FORM CHECK GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: form.png (75KB, 203x340px) Image search: [Google]
form.png
75KB, 203x340px
POST GIFS OF LIFTS
CRITIQUE GEEKS
APPLAUD QUADS

http://imgur.com/a/9UTfz
how's it look, chums?
>>
nice bait mate
>>
>>40603836

Follow the actual link, dink
>>
>>40603745
awful

this isn't actually you is it? you got this from leddit or something right?
>>
>>40603877

Can you give some tips then bruh? I find when I pull my shoulder blades back to make my back straighter, I feel more pressure on my lower back
>>
>>40603851
i did. all i saw was a garbage attempt at some deadlifts. that guy should take 40kg off the bar and reread the deadlift chapter in SS.
>>
>>40603944
you're rounding your entire back and your hips are lifting up before the bar moves from the ground

upper back rounding is fine, lower back rounding is not. try to sit back a bit more, focus on keeping your hips down, and pulling back instead of up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toG0XunIlQI

watch this too. ignore any retarded youtube celebrities like that guy with long hair and a beard who yells a lot, bolton's video is good.
>>
>>40603745

overall not bad, but you should flex your chest up a bit to prevent shoulders from rounding forward which rounds your entire back

In Alan Thrall's recent "strength camp" videos the experts he brings in always tell people "chest up" when they're deadlifting
>>
>>40603993
>overall not bad

no, it's really bad. his last few reps are literally romanian deadlifts with a rounded back, it's hard to get much worse than that.

>In Alan Thrall's recent "strength camp" videos the experts he brings in always tell people "chest up" when they're deadlifting

hmm

>>40603971
>ignore any retarded youtube celebrities like that guy with long hair and a beard who yells a lot, bolton's video is good.

really makes you think
>>
>>40603971
Thanks!

Things I noticed from this video:
-My head is too far down
-My legs are squatted too much
-I'm leaned forward too much
>>
>>40604027
ideally you want to start with a hip width stance and shoulder width grip (both straight up and down, completely neutral) to maximize your leverage too, and while some people do take a wider grip/stance, it's usually bigger guys for reasons i'm unsure of, maybe mobility, maybe just preference.

upper back rounding is okay, lower back rounding is not. all of the guys with the biggest deadlifts round their upper back for a higher/more powerful starting position, and if you forced them to keep their back straight, they probably wouldn't be able to break their PR's off of the floor.

in the video bolton's starting position is really high, his knees are barely bent, and that's because he rounds his upper back to get into position.
>>
>>40604027

What do you mean by your legs are squatted too much? It doesn't look like you're more than a 20 degree break at the knees lmao.

Do you have tight hams or something? Sit further back, I personally think you're suffering from a lack of glute activation. Looks like your thinking of the movement as pulling the bad up with your back (upper back). Focus on pushing your ass forward, this will in turn pull the bar up.

You can practice the 'glute forward' idea with kettlebell swings, or just lighter deadlift loads.
>>
>>40604052

I do the hip-width stance and shoulder-width grip already.

>>40604056

I think I do have tight hams. I'll try to sit further back. You're 100% right in your assessment. I never really feel it in my glutes. It is my upper back that's doing a lot of the work (as I know it shouldn't be)

I'll try the ass tip next time. Thanks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.