[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does he just not care or not understand?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5056.jpg (296KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5056.jpg
296KB, 1242x2208px
My father isn't in phenomenal health but he's in pretty good shape for 52. He keeps acting like he wants to be lean like me but eats terrible food and only wants to do bullshit cardio machines and lifts he's good at (closegrip, rows). I wanna see him live long into his life but he'll never do that at 260 lbs with the health problems he already has. Any advice? Pic related.
>>
tell him to cut the shit

honesty is the best policy
>>
Nah, mate. Let your father have his snacks. At his age he doesn't need to care about bodyfat and such and you said he isn't fat.
>>
>>40603508

> he's in pretty good shape for 52
>at 260 lbs

I guess a circle is a good shape
>>
>>40603508
>shaming your dad on snapchat
Grow up anon. Come on.

Having said that, my dad is kind of the same way. He's not nearly as fat as your dad but he's kinda lazy and has a belly. He's gotten into some very light and kind of unstructured lifting. It's definitely not the most effective but I'd rather see him keep doing it than criticize what he's doing and see him get discouraged. Anyway, he'll do his work out and then drink a bunch of gatorade, protein shake, and really dense foods. Basically he undoes his workouts within hours of working out.

People in this situation don't want to accept that their diet is currently more important than their exercise. If my dad and your dad both changed the way they eat they would see a ton of progress, and then they could focus more on actual lifting if they wanted to.
>>
>tfw when your dad was a monster
>literally would work out 4 hours a day
>collegiate swimmer who had Brad Pitt abs
>triathlete who's go juice was a 6 pack of coronas while cycling
>ate like shit but it didn't matter
>his brothers and him had god given genetics

Unfortunately HPV turned in to neck cancer. During his radical neck dissection they removed his right carotid artery and 11th nerve. Mother fucker was still able to raise his arm above his shoulder. Last thing he did after chemo radiation and his dissection was complete a sprint triathlon.

Based pops.
>>
>>40604920
Don't let those genes go to waste, anon
>>
File: gottasip.jpg (184KB, 640x674px) Image search: [Google]
gottasip.jpg
184KB, 640x674px
>>40604920
>tfw your dad drinks a monster
>>
File: f2d.jpg (27KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
f2d.jpg
27KB, 480x490px
>dad has started going to the gym with me
>tfw only been doing SS+random upper body shit for like 6 months
>he thinks I'm some kind of authority
It's the visually-impaired leading the blind.
>>
File: 1486837247567.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486837247567.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>be anon's dad
>come home from a long day of work to support the ungrateful family
>crack open a beer and treat myself to a little snack
>autistic little shit of a son starts nagging me about my snack
>he then goes upstairs to sit on his computer again
>>
>>40606531
>Uunnfughagah
>The champagne....Has always been celebrated for its excellence.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.