[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running >How do I into running? tips on things running related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: baricade.jpg (46KB, 330x512px) Image search: [Google]
baricade.jpg
46KB, 330x512px
Running
>How do I into running?
tips on things running related.
>>
left before right unless you're skipping
>>
Sprint x 10 minutes
Walk x 5 minutes (rest)
Jog x 10 minutes
Walk x 5 minutes (rest)
Sprint x 10 minutes
>>
sometimes i forget /fit/ isn't solely about bodybuilding then I see these threads, get angry for 5 seconds, then remember runners are welcome here too :)
>>
>>40603141
Autism.
>>
>>40602859

First, say goodbye to your knees.
>>
start with intervals
try to run for a minute straight,slow.
if you can do it easily run longer (not faster)
do it for 5-6 times
once you can run 10 minutes straight you can add some speed
this is if youre a complete beginner
>>
I would like this thread to do well, i want some tips. Just coming off of a short break from the gym for some well needed recovery days

>>40603135
usually follow something like this except it's

Walk x 5 minutes
Sprint x 10 minutes
Walk x 5 minutes
Sprint x 10 minutes
>>
>>40603200
First of all, you're not sprinting if you're doing it for 10 minutes. Sprinting is a top speed drill that uses different muscles than running (I.e. Fast twitch groin and hamstring muscles)

Are you completely untrained? If so, couch to 5k is a good place to start.

My cardio routine looks something like this.

>Week A - Running
>Week B - Swimming
>Week C - Rowing

Week A
Monday - Sprint drills (no more than 50m at a time, usually 10m, 20m, 30 etc up to 50 then back down)
Tuesday - HIIT run (4-8 x 400m with 400m jog in between)
Wednesday - Endurance row or swim
Thursday - HIIT ruck (similar to Tuesday's workout but with a 50lb ruck, can be replaced with normal run if you're not used to rucking)
Friday - Hill sprints
Weekend - rest with recovery swim or row

Mind you I do a 5 day lifting split concurrently with this so it's based on that as well. But you get the idea. Wouldn't recommend doing long distance runs until your joints are ready. Not much use doing more than 5 miles at a time if you're trying to build muscle, anything under that distance though and your gains are safe as long as you're eating enough calories.
>>
What's a good cardio routine for biking in terms of miles per week?
>>
>>40603280
10 minutes of sprinting in a HIIT format

i'll usually break it down into 30/30, 20/40, or 15/45 on/off sections depending on whatever speed ive set the treadmill at. I need to find a decent place to do this stuff outside once the weather gets a lil better. maybe break out my old spikes and see if the local HS has an open track
>>
>>40603299
whats the lay of the land like around you? Hilly, mostly flats, a mix?
>>
>>40603329

Mostly flat.

Right now I do about 10 miles a day but it's broken up into 2 miles at a time (to and from uni, to and from grocery store, et cetera)
>>
>>40603322
I like the track for HIIT stuff but I can't do distance on the track. Need a change of scenery and hills to keep it interesting.

Gotta throw in some sprint drills though my dude that shit is god tier for improving your run
>>
>>40603348
10 miles a day is decent. I used to ride 15-20 a day, plus longer rides when i could and i was hitting like 150 miles a week at peak, but that dips way down when winter hits because >midwest

right now im averaging about 10 miles per day just back and forth to campus and such. Everywhere else i frequent is pretty much on the way there or on the way back, which nice. With spring coming im planning on taking longer routes so im hoping to hit at least 100 miles per week throughout spring/summer (but ive been biking for 3-4 years now)

>>40603362
I just recently got into running over the winter, and only inside at the gym because it was the only cardio i liked doing there, so i'm a little anxious about running outside for the first time in a while. The last time i did it in any "serious" capacity was back in HS cross country, but i was probably about 100 lbs heavier back then
>>
>>40603141
>>40603147
hey at least he's making the effort
>>
>>40602859
> Google cycling trails
> find nearest one
> piss off cyclist as you run through their playground and tell them to fuck off
>>
>>40603545
autism
>>
>>40603135
>>40603200

>Sprint x 10 minutes

Is this a joke? Nobody can sprint for 10 minutes.
>>
>>40603634
Read the rest of the thread, it's 10 minutes of HIIT/Sprints
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.