[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 55

File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
I want to quit playing CSGO, for the sake of my future I need to do this.

I only have three hobbies: Online games, offline/story games, and lifting.

I only play offline games when they come around, I'm playing Zelda at the moment and loving it, but its not an addictive time sink like CSGO.

The gym only takes up 4 hours per week directly.

What are some hobbies I can replace online gaming with? Help me lads.
>>
Whittling
>>
Getting rejected by women
>>
File: counter-strike-52430-585x300.jpg (36KB, 585x300px) Image search: [Google]
counter-strike-52430-585x300.jpg
36KB, 585x300px
Why the fuck are you playing GO in the first place, play real CS.
>>
File: 1488404952279.jpg (42KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1488404952279.jpg
42KB, 500x411px
Online games are an addiction and you get nothing to show for all the time you plow in. They never end and you will never be satisfied.
>>
Why quit things you love when life already takes so many away?
>>
Model planes, ships etc.

Idgaf if people think its wierd, I enjoy it and women often repsect that.

Go and buy a cheap little Titanic kit, you will not regret it.
>>
I pretty much stopped gaming to go to /pol

I often push for the end of sex before marriage and anti degeneracy and hook up culture for women

/pol is pretty redpilled u should come hang out, i love /fit but this chad mentality so many threads have is just cancer, idk why anyone thinks having sex with multiple partners should be allowed, it only makes women into whores
>>
Download tinder and message every match, a better time sink than most online games
>>
>>40602741
because they are destructive
>Why quit things you love?
you sound like a heroin addict

Also it doesn't sound like OP does love csgo, he just described it as 'an addictive time sink'
>>
Gimme your key m9, I'm new to pc gaming and needs to play
>>
>>40602746
kys
>>
>>40602733
this. my PC crashed a while back and i didnt bother fixing it. ive got more time and money since im not wasting all of it on games and im doing better in my classes.
>>
I have hard time quitting DOTA as well, it's like I even got into paladins but played barely 30 hours and I don't play it anymore, nothing gives me this feeling I get while playing dota. I don't even know what I would be supposed to do, I thought about some clay stuff like cups etc. but don't know, havent made any steps towards it. I workout 3 days a week, it takes me 2 hours at max, I don't have many classes in uni, like 3-5 hours a day. I wish I knew how to be productive with all the time I got
>>
I got big lifting between CS rounds. Keep dumbells next to you and suck more.
>>
>>40602714
>playing CSGO
are you a slav
>>
File: 1487456635760.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1487456635760.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>40602760
>shoot PC
>>
>>40602802
i use a range run by the DNR and they only allow paper targets. otherwise i would use the 40 lbs of tannerite i have left over from my graduation party.
>>
just uninstall games
get a dog/bike/
i try to go biking or just go visit my friends
>>
Are you Swedish?
>>
>>40602733
This, played mmo games for several years and thought about what i would have to show for it if the servers shut down, and i came to the conclusion that it would be nothing. As for singleplayer games, if there is a game coming out that i think might have an interesting story i just watch a walkthrough of it on youtube. Takes less time, is less addictive and you save money. And as for other hobbies you have Google, just google hobbies for men or something.
>>
I waste a huge amount of time on rocket League

help me
>>
>>40602940
Do something creative.
Do not let the endless dopamine spike from games ruin you.

Learn a language, make music.
>>
>>40602940
Litterally the shallowest game out there. Fun for 3 games then uninstall
>>
>>40602714
>4 hours per week directly
never gonna make it brah
>>
File: addict.png (257KB, 675x717px) Image search: [Google]
addict.png
257KB, 675x717px
>>
>>40603045
Monday: an hour on chest, tris
Wednesday: an hour on legs, abs
Friday: lats, debts, traps
Sat: what ever I want

4 hours of lifting is fine, don't over train
>>
I've got an entire bookcase of unread books thanks to me spending all my time gaming. I don't want to give it up entirely but I should probably set a rule like no games before 6pm.
>>
>>40602714
Same here, well it's mostly online games for me but I get it. I don't even like playing with people, never chat because all the communities are pretty much shit nowadays. Yet I keep playing. I've decided to stop until I could join a serious team, that was a way to find a goal in a pointless video games. So far nothing so I'll play less.
Instead I'm trying to do some work to get back on my feet.
Gonna be hard but I think it's a good choice.
>>
File: Untitled.png (358KB, 1200x749px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
358KB, 1200x749px
I could've spent all this time in the gym and had muscles bigger than my head
>>40603051
>>
>>40602714
Play on russian servers, and you'll quit cs after a few matches
>>
>want to try new hobbies
>quit after one week
>back to vidya because it's easy and has way better rewards and progress than learning making music, writing or learning a language
>>
i love vidya games

why should i force other hobbys when i like to play games, i do about 15 min of posture training 3 times a week and sit straight
>>
File: Fliretryne.jpg (241KB, 705x605px) Image search: [Google]
Fliretryne.jpg
241KB, 705x605px
>>40603427
Se! Det er en voksen mann som fortsatt spiller dataspill!
>>
>>40602714
>gym only takes up 4 hours per week
go gym more
>>
https://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2017/03/05/16-hour-video-game-binges-almost-ruined-calgary-teens-life.html
>>
>>40602714
play an instrument
>>
File: excellence aristotle.png (2MB, 1901x1438px) Image search: [Google]
excellence aristotle.png
2MB, 1901x1438px
Heresy grows from idleness, which means the only way to kick a bad habit is to replace it with a better habit. Pic related based Aristotle knew this.
>>
>>40602746
pls be b8
>>
>>40602732
good shit
>>
>>40602714
I wish I had a great answer.

My problem is that I live in a foreign country where I work a 40 hour week. It is hard to meet people here my age and all my coworkers are older than me.

I turn to video games as a time sink but I don't really enjoy them now as much as I used to partly because the industry is stale right now, I have no one to play with and I think I've out grown them a bit.

Right now I am trying to start swimming twice a week on top of going to the gym 3 times. I'm going to try to read more since I have a Kindle and I like watching shit on Netflix as well.
>>
>>40602714
"Same" boat.
I am doing a nogame run for my Lent.
Also, I replace this hobby with drawing. I like it because it's also productive.
>>
File: DOS - Wild Wheels.webm (855KB, 576x360px) Image search: [Google]
DOS - Wild Wheels.webm
855KB, 576x360px
>>40603036
Pretty much.
>>
>>40602714
start watching esports on twitch.
just watching instead of doing it yourself is twice as degenerate for half the effort. you'll barely notice your life wasting away, making the process a lot less painful
>>
Pick up some guitar lessons
>>
>>40602714
Shooting to replicate csgo feeling and running/biking/rowing for the adventourus singlepöayer games, and with all these hobbies you can fill a LOT of time if you want
>>
as someone who spent 2k in this game and reached global multiple times, this game is trash. i havent played in a year and dont miss it a bit
start playing singleplayer games (not assasins creed 48 or any other moneygrabbing western sequel shit)
try games where you can explore things, its a much better experience. dark souls, tales of berseria, witcher 3 so many great games
>>
File: 1467259533099.png (457KB, 529x669px) Image search: [Google]
1467259533099.png
457KB, 529x669px
Browse /v/ a lot
Find out the kind of people you share your hobby with
Get sad af
Get into music
Start appreciating the wonders of real life
Get fit for getting yourself better

Even then the game I want to play doesn't even exist anyway.
>>
Just do shit to keep yourself occupied.
Hit up some friends and go play pool, get a bike and go for a ride.
Stop thinking and start doing.
>>
when battlefield 4 released his last dlc i bought it and played for 16 hours without stopping, eating or drinking water, i got 1350 hours of bf4 and after my motherboard broke i saw how much easier is to replace gaming with something cool and social
i started going out more, even on weekdays when i was working early the next day i went out just for couple hours, talked some shit with friends, drinked couple beers, it was fun as hell, i met girls, i made new friends i even got couple freelancer jobs
go out to some bars and pubs and meet people dude, you'll be happier doing it
>>
The only reason why I still play video games is the social aspect of it. Besides even if you quit, you're probably gonna spend your time doing other meaningless shit. Everything in moderation.
>>
>awp/glock/flash
what is this garbage
>>
>>40603796
Every CS:GO game ever
>>
>>40603796
he aint gonna make it
>>
>>40602714
Get into music and film. These are also passive passive hobbies, but will bring you a lot more than vidya. Experiencing great art will make you a better, more cultured individual.

Pick up an active hobby: learn how to draw (/ic/ has great resources), how to play an instrument, start boxing, learn a new language, etc.
Active hobbies should be something you really enjoy and are motivated towards, because you need discipline and a fuckload of hours of practice to get decent at them, but they are ultimately what give you a sense of accomplishment and moving forward in life.

Read more, and read better books. Fiction or non fiction, reading is the only way to not be a complete ignorant.
>>
File: imnotproud.png (60KB, 691x252px) Image search: [Google]
imnotproud.png
60KB, 691x252px
filename says it all
>>
>>40602714
I have 1,000 hours in CS:S
Around 880 in CS 1.6
And about 2,700 hours in CS:GO

I haven't played for over a year, for almost 8 years this game was huge for me, with the last three years taking up almost all my time (at one point 80 hours a week playing it), here's how I quit after loving that game for so long.

Realize that unless you are willing to put your entire life into that game, you are doing nothing. If you are currently in an open season, or have a scrim team, or are climbing a ladder in some league, realize that all that time studying sensitivity, watching pros, customizing your autoconfig, playing pugs, doing DM every day, doing aim maps, it's all a massive waste of your time if you are not willing to try and make money from this game.

The amount of time you are inputting to the game is not justifiable, even if you are having fun. With most games you can achieve having some fun or getting competitive without it taking over your life. You are currently at an imbalance between time spent and effect gained, it's too much.

Unless you are willing to play 80 hours a week, and get a team who is willing to practice that much, get into local tourneys, get into amateur tourneys, make it into the semi-pro scene, start making money, maybe one day play a major, unless you are willing to do all that shit then you have to stop.

If CS was a fun get-a-way then you could play it, but you're too into it now. You playing it is robbing you of other successes you could be reaping that will have long-term effects on your future.

Now listen, maybe you aren't as into it as I'm describing here, I'm treating you as if you where me, so take everything here with a grain of salt.

My advice? Play Multiplayer games casually, be a pleb casual and have fun, not too serious. Play mostly single player games.

Spend your new found free time on picking up a hobby or study that will benefit you in the years to come.
>>
>>40602714
Former cs addict here. Played in CAL-i/cevo-p in source and esea-m in go.

Just stop playing. The game itself is fun, but the community is toxic and it's a massive waste of time.

What I did is just kinda let me PC "expire". I built it with an $800 budget in 2011 and I haven't upgraded it since. Now it's too slow to play current titles and just sits in a household common room for basic browsing /word/excel.

I work as a software engineer and lots of my co-workers still game on their free time. I use that time to lift, take my dog to the park, play golf, and take higher level computer vision/machine learning courses online to improve my professional skillset. I've gotten a slew of promotions as a result (more talented, more presentable, better looking) whereas coworkers aren't progressing as quickly because they're fat slobs who haven't improved their skills since college and who play rocket league all day.

Just quit and play golf. Shit, just take your gfx card out of your PC, sell it on eBay, and turn on onboard graphics. There, now you can play shitty games anymore.

Pick up golf. It's actually useful in life socially and professionally. Unlike CS
>>
File: dota.jpg (17KB, 472x195px) Image search: [Google]
dota.jpg
17KB, 472x195px
at least im not 4k
>>
Go to meetup.com
Find groups that interest you, and go to them. Just if they're sponsored by herbalife or something stay away. Those exist solely to sell you stuff. I found a tabletop gaming group, and a group that regularly does hiking that I plan on going to when then the weather warms up.
>>
>>40603827
6577 hours = three years and two months at a full time job

what might the opportunity cost of those games be over the past couple years?
>>
>>40603516
truth
>>
>>40603873
I would join tabletop gaming, if it wasn't every single time a huge neet loser nest that managed somehow to be even worse than me.
>>
File: Untitled.png (102KB, 528x289px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
102KB, 528x289px
Easy to quit when you have 60+ ping on Dota2 and 100+ ping on OW.
RPG shit on the other hand, they're fine, you can usually finish them in 20-50 hours.
Learn other hobbies
>start playing an instrument (maybe my dick if you're into that)
>get into machinery and engines (if you have a car/bike, try to maintain it yourself)
>go out more (jog, hike, run, walk around town)
I often go for the 3rd one because there's just so many shit I've yet to see.
>>
>>40603878

2004-2016 tho
>>
god do what you love stop regreting it if you have fun its all that mattres
>>
>>40603888
That's a very poor attitude.
>>
>>40602714
>The gym only takes up 4 hours per week directly.

it's like you don't even want to make it or something...
>>
File: casual.jpg (44KB, 637x466px) Image search: [Google]
casual.jpg
44KB, 637x466px
>>40603051
>>40603234

>still got masters degree
>still have gf
>still live on my own

filthy casual
>>
>>40603818
This, but I would also add travelling as an essential
>>
>>40603051

>1200 hours total

>>40603234

>1719 hours

>>40603427

>1500 hours

ur nothing buddy

come back when you have 5k+ hours, and then you'd probably be real good at them too

you people have to realize taht most people don't do productive things all day, and even if they tell you that, they're probably exaggerating or lying.

if you quit gaming you'll just find something else to replace it with, be it just doing nothing, watching tv, just "hanging" with friends, other hobbies that are just as meaningless
>>
>>40603818
Not OP, but any books you'd recommend?
>>
>>40603888
Go to roll20 and get an account then browse /tg/ for games.

Way to play without being in neet dungeons.
>>
>>40602756
>you sound like a heroin addict

Kek
>>
>>40603990
Check out the /lit/ starter pack if you are new to "serious" literature.
For non-fiction it depends on your interests. My two favourites are Gombrich's History of Art and Koyre's History of Science (dunno if it's translated to English). Both are great introductory reads into their discipline, assuming no prior knowledge of the subject from the reader and yet giving a global overview.
>>
>>40602714
If you enjoy csgo, why stop playing it? I never had a problem playing games even during college... just don't play for 4 hours straight and you are fine bro. No need for new "hobbies".
>>
>>40603051
Tfw I wasted 1000h with this shit game.
>>
>>40604045
I'll look into those, thanks.
>>
I have over 6,000 real playing hours on GO. Would often play over 120 hours per 2 weeks.

Feel much better after quitting.
>>
>>40604045
>History of art
a book from 1950 about visual art
>History of Science
a book about a philospher's point of view on classical mechanics and meta"shitty" physics. Keep in my mind this book is heavily based on classical mechanics (the author probably don't understand math and physics) and it shouldn't be take seriously.

Yeah right man, nice choices for books.
>>
realize people that most things you do are utterly useless, and this is not a nihilist speaking, it's just fact.

most sports unless you're elite level? useless.
most games unless you're elite level? useless.
most instruments unless you're elite level? useless.
most tv shows/movies/random tv shit? useless.
your shitty work that you don't really like just to get money? useless.

just do whatever you truly enjoy and you might get good enought or money, or not, it shouldn't matter.
>>
>>40604176

to make money*

i derped
>>
I quit playing csgo/lol and started browsing biz, watching documentaries and just educating myself. Id never go back to gaming
>>
>>40604255
Is this chestbrah and zyzz?
>>
>>40604255
Imagine fucking a bitch then your bro randomly starts kissing your neck and shit.
>>
>>40604094
Not OP, but if you take CS seriously, you can't just play it for a few hours here and there. Just my warmup took ~2 hours.
>>
>>40604301
Whats your warmup routine? I usually play aim botz, pistol DM, headshot only DM but i still suck (im dmg/le)
>>
>>40604176
what it always comes down to is this:

is the thing your doing, may that be gaming or any other "non-beneficial" activity, out of control?

- is the time spent productive in any way?
- are u spending an absurd amount of time on it?
and most importantly:
- does all the time spent on this, keep u from persueing other things you want to achieve?

for me dota was that thing that kept me from doing other things i was interested in.
i stopped playing completely for about 8 months and once i felt like i build a solid routine, and had some freetime on hand i picked it up again. it was hard at first because its tempting to fall back into old habits, but if u got enough other activities going on, you can manage to consume in a controlled way.

best of luck OP
>>
>>40604255
who are these people?
>>
>>40602744
This. As a history buff it's my favorite thing to do.

Just be upfront about it with people and they won't give a shit.
>>
>>40604321
I would KZ for 15-20 minutes, play aim_botz or another map for 20 minutes, pistol DM for 20 minutes, and then I'd do regular DM for as long as I could without getting drained. Then I'd watch a demo or two of someone that plays the same spots or review one of myself. This was just to get ready for a 5-6 hour team prac.

Quit after I was stuck on mediocre Premier teams for multiple seasons and realized I didn't have the talent to go pro.
>>
>>40602714
Martial arts
Reading
Writing
Art (anything literally, they're all great, it's what people used to do to kill time before video games and smartphones existed)
Dance
Learn a new language
Go out and spend 1-3 hours practicing 'game' each day
Film making
Urban exploring
Any sort of craft (woodwork, smithing)
Learn to code
Learn to build cars and shit
Literally anything, take up fucking knitting if it'll save your eyesight.
>>
File: 1425423574278.jpg (135KB, 600x690px) Image search: [Google]
1425423574278.jpg
135KB, 600x690px
>>40604255
Unfortunately that's literally the case for me fåvæ
>>
File: rust devblog 150.jpg (452KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rust devblog 150.jpg
452KB, 1920x1080px
>had 200+ steam games
>well over 5k hours in games
>quit video games completely 3 months ago
>I look back here and there, get the occasional urge to play some rust, but don't
>been thinking about buying a gaming pc for a few weeks now
>realize I won't have time to play vidya like I used to
>the new updates look so fun though
>>
File: WOW.png (9KB, 654x193px) Image search: [Google]
WOW.png
9KB, 654x193px
>>40603051
>>40603234
>>40603427
>>40603982
Keep posting game time m8s.
>>
I don't allow myself to play any multiplayer online games anymore. Lost way too much valuable time that way. I do still game... but only games I can save and walk away from at a moment's notice.

My major time suckers from the past? Quake2 and Everquest. Yes, I'm that fucking old.
>>
>>40604462
hm
about 4000 lol games, average game time is something around 35minutes - 2300hrs
another 2417h logged across all Steam games
does not include time wasted away in MMORPG Lineage 2
I'm probably way north of 10000h for the last 10 years, considering that still comes out to less than 3 hours a day...
>>
>>40604410

let's compare this to video games and hold the same standard in regards to its uselessness.

>Martial arts

useless unless you live in a 3rd world country where you need to defend yourself on a day to day basis, and let's be honest, most of you don't.

>Reading

useless unless you read for a very specific reason to apply that knowledge

>Writing

useless unless you write for a very specific reason

>Art (anything literally, they're all great, it's what people used to do to kill time before video games and smartphones existed)

useless

>Dance

useless

>Learn a new language

probably useless unless it's english or spanish

>Go out and spend 1-3 hours practicing 'game' each day

"game", real confidence will come with time, nothing else. sure you can practice artifical confidence with girls but u dont want that in the long run anyway

>Film making

useless

>Urban exploring

useless

>Any sort of craft (woodwork, smithing)

useless in modern times

>Learn to code

useless unless you want to work as a programmer

>Learn to build cars and shit

most likely useless

>Literally anything, take up fucking knitting if it'll save your eyesight.

yeah, or i could play video games instead, which is much more stimulating than fucking knitting

i don't even game anymore but you act like it's below every other hobby in the world
>>
>>40602733
>nothing to show
That's like saying you have nothing to show for going out and drinking with your friends and having fun.
>>
>>40604483
I have a similar philsophy. I still play singleplayer games, and multiplayer games if i have a friend over, but i don't touch online massive multiplayer games anymore, they just became massive time sinks when i played them. Especially games like WoW that simulate a feeling of progress, are particularily cancerous and addictive. My favorite type of game is puzzle and adventure games, that make you think and challenge your mind.
>>
File: 1412029008777.jpg (12KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
1412029008777.jpg
12KB, 237x213px
>>40604509

>Reading
>useless unless-
>>
Csgo is fcking sick but the pro scene is fucking filled with hackers. pretty gay to invest your time into a rigged industry
>>
>>40602726
spb

seriously anon, eventually those rejections will turn into dates when you start to learn how women work
>>
File: SAD.jpg (52KB, 575x280px) Image search: [Google]
SAD.jpg
52KB, 575x280px
I've stopped I swear
>>
File: 2957689-quake.jpg (181KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2957689-quake.jpg
181KB, 1280x800px
>>40602732
>playing CS
Play a real shooter instead
>>
ppl, you should also realize that ppl spend a lot of useless times on video games, just fucking around

imagine if you spent those 5k hours productively. like actively tried to improve your flaws and get better instead of just playing mindlessly. this is where most of ppls play time come from, because active practice is really taxing on the mind

like imagine practicing deathmatches in csgo for 8 hours a day instead of playing ranked

1k hours != 1k hours
>>
>>40604509
You're fucking retarded. Jump off a cliff.
>>
>>40604524
Let the fool stay a fool.

It'd be hilarious when the dumb obnoxious cunt gets fucked in a fight, has no creative ability, is awkward as fuck on the dance floor or gets beaten up in some foreign country for demanding cunts to speak English
>>
>>40604509
Wow.....didnt think education had dropped to such a poor level where by kids cant even identify key skills in hobbies.....
Reading pointless? Being mechanic to fix own engine.....martial arts pointless?!?
Either this is best bait ive seen in a while or you're a cretin.
>>
>>40604594

it's true though

tell me where i'm retarded
>>
>>40604610
>>40604594

how is martial arts useful? how often do you get in a fight if you're not looking for it in a first world country? are you fucking retarded?

as i said, if i were to hold other hobbies to the same standard as video games, like you do, i would rate them like this. it's not what i actually believe.
>>
>>40603901
exactly
one year of 40 hour weeks is 2080 hours
you played a full-time job's worth of time for over three years
opportunity cost = what you could have done (presumably more productive and positive)
>>
>>40604610
That was 0/10 bait. Kys for replying to him
>>
>>40604611
Dance and martial arts boost testosterone while giving you skills you could apply in life along with great cardio. They also make your body flexible, which is extremely important, also a man needs to know how to fight.

Writing has been proven to be a beneficial exercise that improves your speech, reading and helps you focus and organise your thoughts.

Crafts and creative skills impress women and open up lots of job and career opportunities, not to mention giving you skills.

Language improves social skills and opens up endless opportunities.

You're a bigoted and dumb cunt who thinks he knows everything.

Go back to your bumfuck shithole, don't pretend to be normal like us, your support of video games shows you're a fedora tipping basement dweller who knows nothing.
>>
>>40604639

assuming whatever job you're doing is actually useful on an objective basis and not just slaving away in a cubicle somewhere just to pay your rent

if you rate that higher than video games just because of the salary you're fucking retarded
>>
>>40604658

read >>40604638

>as i said, if i were to hold other hobbies to the same standard as video games, like you do, i would rate them like this. it's not what i actually believe.

>it's not what i actually believe.

it's just silly to act like video games are somewhat below hobbies like music, drawing, crafting or whatever hobby you enjoy doing just becauase it's fun, not because it gets you anything
>>
>>40604638
It's not how often you fight. It's in case you fight. Martial arts can save lives.

By your retarded logic people should stop learning to swim because you can just choose to avoid places with deep water. Same can be said about first aid.

Video games' benefits are minimal while wrecking posture, gains, social skills and eyesight.

You're the dumbest cunt I've met in this website.
>>
>>40604658
>>40604679
>>40604660

i don't even game either, for the record. i just find your hypocrisy amusing
>>
>>40604679
It's not silly because those hobbies are more beneficial and practical.

Also, personal subjective enjoyment does not make something better.

You're a dumb cunt.
>>
>>40604546
5k hours on tf2

I seriously feel bad for you.
>>
>>40604681

>Video games' benefits are minimal while wrecking posture, gains, social skills and eyesight.

so does any other hobby where you sit down and spend time alone, by your definition.

any form of drawing or sketching. any form of instrument. any form of reading.

if you think stuff like playing piano or guitar is good for your posture or social skills, you're fucking retarded
>>
>>40604688
I've shown no hypocrisy. You threw that bullshit out of nowhere.

However you haven't made one logical argument. You've just made subjective opinions, like the dumb cunt you are. Thus you're wrong about everything.
>>
>>40604708
>>40604693

there's plenty of scientific studies that proves video games are good for cognitive performance, but let's ignore that in your argument, right? because that was the whoel basis of the points you provided, that they have some sort of benefit.

so it's not subjective at all.

like i said, i don't even game. you're just too emotionally against video games to look at things rationally.
>>
>>40604707
But they don't damage as much as computer games and give more practical skills. Thus they are superior to vidya by the skills they bring and the benefits to your mind. Drawing and other art forms are invaluable skills that translate into business careers, design, film and art industries.

Video games don't teach you anything the other hobbies I originally mentioned don't.

You're too fuckibg stupid lmao. Learn to read you dumb cunt.
>>
>>40604732
But look at society. Are the most successful people avid gamers? Do they owe they're success to games?

No.

However businessmen and creative people across the political spectrum owe they're success to creative skills.

Who gets more pussy? Fat sweaty duck who plays legendary country music or fat sweaty fuck who's great at a game that can get shut down by its company any day?

Who has more career opportunities? Who's skills easily blend into other fields?

Keep trying you autistic fuck but you're a pathetic excuse for a human.
>>
>>40604744
>Drawing and other art forms are invaluable skills that translate into business careers, design, film and art industries.

Is that your worldview? Really? Most artists don't have jobs and end up working regular jobs because the demand is too low or their skills are not good enough.

Per the same logic, art and video games are equally useless, because it's only the very the best that makes a living off of it.

Like I said, I don't PERSONALLY BELIEVE what I wrote in the orginial post.

If you're improving at anything, I think it's a positive thing, regardless of what you're doing. Improving at a skill in of itself builds character, discipline, probably intelligence, and a million other benefits.

I admire skill and dedication in all fields, so I don't look down upon a skilled video gamer, because I know what personal traits it takes to get to that level.
>>
>>40602714
Just have to remind yourself

>Games prey on your instinctual want for competition and completion.
>They skew your sense of reality.
>The games you love are just the right amount of hard/easy to make progress with.
>It gives you a false sense of accomplishment.
>You actually feel proud of yourself on some level of consciousness.
>You start to wish everything in life could be that easy. Your goals and work suffer a slow death.
>It preys on your sense of relaxation to the point that you never really relax because youre guilty about avoiding real life.
>Most important of all
>Applies to all those who game more than 3 hrs a week and make no money from it. Could even argue this to those who make money.
>You accomplish NOTHING
>It means NOTHING.
>All that you touch
>And all that you see
>All that you taste
>All you feel
>All that you love
>And all that you hate
>All you distrust
>All you say
>All that you give
>And all that you deal
>And all that you buy, beg, borrow, or steal.
>AND ALL YOU CREATE
>AND ALL YOU DESTROY
>AND ALL THAT YOU DO
>AND ALL THAT YOU SAY
>AND ALL THAT YOU EAT
>AND EVERYONE YOU MEET
>AND ALL THAT YOU SLIGHT
>AND EVERYONE YOU FIGHT
>AND ALL THAT IS NOW
>AND ALL THAT IS GONE
>AND ALL THATS TO COME
>AND EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN IS IN TUNE
>WHEN THE SUN IS ECLIPSED BY THE MOON.
>>
>>40604790
I didn't even bother to read that. If you're still arguing then you need to kill yourself and save humanity from dumb genes like yours.

The hobbies I suggested are objectively superior to video games because they are healthier, more practical and teach better skills that open up career opportunities.
>>
>>40604773

>Are the most successful people avid gamers? Do they owe they're success to games?

Gabe Newel. He took his passion and made smart business decisions and become filthy rich.

You can say the same about golf. Rich people play golf because they like it and it's fun, but they aren't rich because of golf. Stop being retarded.

>Who gets more pussy? Fat sweaty duck who plays legendary country music or fat sweaty fuck who's great at a game that can get shut down by its company any day?

Whoever has more money or has better game.

Who gets more pussy? A fat sweaty fuck who's a successful accountant, or a 6'5" muscular well hung man who plays CoD? See how i can ask stupid questions too?
>>
>>40604660
let's say it was a brainless, nothing job at min wage
you'd have saved ~$20,000-30,000 over this time had you worked instead of played a kid's game
would you like to have another $25k in the bank now?

this equals a down payment on a house
=> tax break, rent becomes equity growth, improved financial well being

also leads to positive goal oriented behavior and work ethic which could lead to, hmmm, the self discipline needed for fitness?

OR
hell no, I'm no wage slave, fuck you!

... I neither know nor care what is best for an anon stranger, but what I wrote is fact. Infer what you will.

But do remember that everything you do is your own choice, and everything you do determines your outcomes. If you happy or not happy with where you are, either way, it is on you.

And note also that you are not unhappy now, you are hostile. Interesting response to reading an example of 'opportunity cost'. Been teaching econ for years and never saw it before.
>>
>>40604811

>The hobbies I suggested are objectively superior to video games because they are healthier, more practical and teach better skills that open up career opportunities.

It's funny that you think I'm disagreeing with you.

It's probably true. It's just that most people don't even have the drive and willpower to get good at video games, which requires the same as getting good at any skill.

If you can good at video games, you can probably get good at anything you put your mind to. I've seen this countless of times with friends being successful social butterflies who just enjoys gaming.

Point is, if you're getting good at anything, you're improving your mind for the better, regardless of the activity.
>>
>>40604798
epic use of lyrics
you win today's internet
>>
>>40604798
>>40604859

Nice try
>>
Why do people get so worked up about games? If you are playing 9 hrs of Overshit yeah thats bad but an hour of csgo just to chill is good for you if anything.
Just pick your favourite mp game and have a few games or a couple of hours of a sp game.
>>
>>40604877

the best part? ppl hating on video games usually spend their freetime watching tv or "chilling" with friends anyway

who gives a fuck
>>
>>40604563
>live
>>
>>40604841

and you all probably have that one friend taht just gets good at everything he does
>>
Uninstall steam. Join a sports team. Thats what i did 1 year ago.
>>
File: The Technopriests 01 0077.jpg (926KB, 1920x2674px) Image search: [Google]
The Technopriests 01 0077.jpg
926KB, 1920x2674px
Weakwilled faggots. It's time to take the techno pill.
>>
File: The Technopriests 01 0112.jpg (1MB, 1920x2649px) Image search: [Google]
The Technopriests 01 0112.jpg
1MB, 1920x2649px
>>
>>
Playing video games every so often is not bad...
>>
>>
File: tits.jpg (4KB, 140x44px) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
4KB, 140x44px
games are fun tho op, you'll be missing out.
>>
>>40604176
Sports are a league above everything else listed. They increase your quality of life and also prolong your life.
>>
>>40602714
Start drawing
Reward is immediate with a little practice and makes you want to keep going
There are times when you feel like a shit artist but its the same when you start lifting and you see a really buff dude at the store or something
Takes a lot of practice and there are tons of books and stuff on the subject
>>
you could spend your time learning a language, i cut my playtime by about 70% and learnt french, i also spent my time learning to be a Car mechanic, read more books. easiest way to start is to just pack your computer away for a week and fill the time.
>>
File: 1480224999824.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480224999824.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>40602744
I'd like to do this but it's too expensive here, my country is shit.
>>
>>40602714
I'm a NEET with lifetime supply of steroids, home-gym and nice setup with 4k 32" curved Monitor.
I don't see why I should get a job. Women already crave me 6'2" 230 12% BF body anywys.
>>
>>40603747
Love all 3 of these games. Good choices
>>
CSGO isn't even good, at least waste your time in 1.6.
>>
>>40604513
Alcoholism, Beer Gut, Unwanted Children?
>>
This video was helpful to me.
https://youtu.be/WSWj-Gvl14E
>>
>>40603177
Do what I'm doing now: set aside 1 or 2 hours a day just for reading and force yourself to do it.
>>
>>40602746
Yes, this obsession over women is ridiculous. If women are your end goal for everything you do in life, you are going to be miserable.

>browse /fit/ for a year and a half in 2014-2015
>insecure about height, body, lifts
>no confidence in general

>browse /pol/ for a year in 2016
>angry at the world constantly but want to rip the world a new asshole and feel like i actually have a greater purpose in life

/pol/ gets a bad rep and there is tons of newfags there but dig through the shit and eventually you will find diamonds
>>
>>40605237
Tell your /pol/ buddies to stop shitting up /v/.
>>
Pick up an instrument or get into music making. Get yourself a midi controller that comes with Ableton Live Lite or something, you'll give up an expensive, unproductive hobby for an expensive, productive one.
>>
File: hours.png (350KB, 1000x930px) Image search: [Google]
hours.png
350KB, 1000x930px
I remember my dota2 hours being higher than this, but eh.
I stopped playing pretty much any game last january.
Just got back into a WoW vanilla private server though....
Almost 150 hours in from the last two months or so
>>
>>40602733
I think it's fine if you acknowledge it as a timesink to entertain yourself for a few hours. I never play more than 10 hours of video games a week, and sometimes none at all until the weekend. Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>40604816

>Gabe Newel. He took his passion and made smart business decisions and become filthy rich.

There's a huge difference between owning a game company and being a "gamer", I'm pretty sure that guy spends his time operating a successful business instead of sitting in his underwear playing games all day

>You can say the same about golf. Rich people play golf because they like it and it's fun, but they aren't rich because of golf. Stop being retarded.

Rich people play golf so that they can network, make deals, and talk shop with other rich people, it has very little to do with leisure

>Whoever has more money or has better game.

>Who gets more pussy? A fat sweaty fuck who's a successful accountant, or a 6'5" muscular well hung man who plays CoD? See how i can ask stupid questions too?

Yes, I do
>>
>>40605417
There are hundreds of people that make millions with playing video games.

It's a hobby like any other and in that "useless".
>>
>>40605264

why is music more productive? 99.9% of ppl will just waste their time with music, just like video games
>>
check out blackwake
>>
One of the ways in which I convince myself not to do things that give me pleasure but are good for me is with this Bible verse.

>When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
>>
>>40605866

how does that have anything to do with not doing pleasurable things
>>
>>40602714
i skimmed over most the replys but here is some advice i have for you:

stop with online games alltogether. unless you're close to pro-level, you will gain nothing from it. don't lie to yourself that you're having fun. you do not have fun when you lose an online game. keep playing offline / single-player for fun (and it's real fun in that case).

>lifting 4 hours per week
>could have just said i am dyel
4 hours is not a lot. not saying that you have to put more time into it, but there definetily is some potential here.

i'd say "advance" your lifting or sports in general and pick up something like
>calisthenics
not autismo tier calisthenics, but more of an accessory to your lifting. learn how to do a handstand, how to do a front / back lever, ..
>running
inb4 cardio kills gains. you'll only benefit from running 5-10km once or twice a week.

you can also always pick up a good book and start reading. 50 pages per evening is nothing if you stick with it.
these are easy-tier things you can easily do on your own and not seem like a total sperg when talking to women. if you seriously want to develop yourself, i'd suggest theatre classes. every uni has several classes you can go to in your spare time and most of the time you don't need to have stage experience at all. you'll meet lots of new people, it'll make you a better speaker and less of a sperg when standing in front of an audience and, of course, chicks will dig it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170306-121744.png (322KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170306-121744.png
322KB, 1080x1920px
>>40604502
https://wol.gg

Been playing league since June of 2011 off and on
>>
>>40606036
>You've spent about 2826 hours on League of Legends which means 118 days of your life.
>>
>>40602714
haha fucking faggots.
im fkn jacked and party every weekend and still play games 12 hours a day.

fkn lmao if you think quitting something you enjoy will improve your life then aye lmao go ahead
>>
>>40605836
Because you're actually creating something, and you have something to show for all that time you spent on it.
>>
>>40605417
>There are hundreds of people that make millions with playing video games.
There are millions of people who don't make a cent playing video games

Come the fuck on, guys. It's about moderation - play your video games, but don't do it the entire day. Same with everything else
>>
>>40606095
This guy. The reality is, there is nothing wrong with gaming as long as its kept in check. If you get a day off work and spend 18 hours playing games, thats likely a pretty shitty way to live. But its the same if you watched tv for 18 hours a day or sat reading for 18 hours a day.

A hobby (gaming or anything really) is something that you should look forward to doing but isn't something you do all the time. Its kind of like food. People get fat because they over indulge in fatty foods, sweets, etc. No food should be "off limits" but those foods should be kept in moderation. No different for your hobbies.

With that said, I've found hiking and rock climbing to be alot of fun if possible where you live. Combine that with photography and you can have a lot of fun and still be active. But that doesn't mean you need to quit games if its something you have fun with. Just don't dedicate your life to it.
>>
>>40602791
>>40602791
I just quit dota 2 days ago by selling my pc after 3k hours over 1,5 year and It feels like waking up. Still I suspect in my case it might be accompanied my some sort of mental disorders (hopefully not). This is judging by the way I used to behave when I had bad results or couldn't play. It feels like waking up from a bad dream tbqh having 5+ hours spare a day and not ignoring every single responsibility.
>>
>The gym only takes up 4 hours per week directly.

Pathetic
>>
>>40606327
4 hours isn't to bad. There really isn't any reason you need to spend 2-3 hours a day in the gym. Unless your like a pro bodybuilder. A good upper/lower split shouldn't be more then 60-90 minutes per session, which is 4 hours a week if done twice per week. Even a full body 3x a week for 75-90 minutes is barely more then that.
>>
File: i dont even want to count it.png (160KB, 941x447px) Image search: [Google]
i dont even want to count it.png
160KB, 941x447px
I could describe my teenage years as a giant waste of time. If I could turn back time, I'd spend that time playing a sport or learning a language
>>
You don't have to quit all games entirely. Just quit for a while then start playing csgo casually with friends maybe a couple times a week. It's easy if you have self control
>>
>>40604830
Weak faggot detected. Why not add another job on top of that to save another $20k? You'd have an even larger work ethic and $45k in the bank right now.
>>
>have more hours than MMR
>absolutely hate solo pubbing in dota
>keep doing it anyway
How do I break out of it without doing something drastic like breaking my PC? I can't enjoy normal vidya anymore without turning them off after 20 minutes.
>>
>>40602795
Wanna know how I know you're dyel
>>
>>40606725
find good friends to play with and you will never be able to play solo ever again because it is stressful as fuck, even if you aren't aware of it

nearly reached 5k on several different occassions and it's just not worth it
>>
I stopped playing games after my PC stopped recognising my GPU. You will be shocked how quickly you get used to not playing games, a waste of time IMO.
>>
>>40606979

Holy fuck this, I'm capped at like 55fps max its ridiculous.
>>
who /league/ here?
>>
>>40605260
>he thinks /pol/ ruined /v/

That has been a shit board since it was introduced, buddy.
>>
>>40605937
He wants to play video games but they are really just childish wastes of time.
>>
>>40602714
find a passion and create something that you can take pride in
>>
>>40604513
Friendship you idiot
>>
okay boys, now the real questions is

whats ur rank at the games you have thousands of hour on?

posts like this >>40606725 makes me wonder
>>
>>40602714
you can keep playing games if you enjoy playing games. Just do everything in moderation. Dont let games take up too much time and learn to manage time by doing other stuff or learning little skills.
>>
>>40607375

yeah, but that quote is not against doing childish things????
>>
File: 1486493524403m.jpg (110KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486493524403m.jpg
110KB, 721x1024px
>>40602746
>>
>>40602746
/pol/ is even worse of a time sink than gaming
>>
>>40602714
>What are some hobbies I can replace online gaming with? Help me lads.
reading's a good start
most people who play a lot of video games have a shit attention span, so go for books that are relatively easy to digest or topics you find really interesting
then go for good books
>>
>>40602759
whats so bad about /pol/ ?
>>
>>40605260
not him, but taking a shit in a landfill will only make it slightly more shit
>>
>>40607489
theres a lot of /pol/ mench on /fit/ haha
>>
>>40607446
Yeah, I fucked up what I wanted to say. It's childish and gives him pleasure but is not good for him so he has to convince himself to stop.
>>
You must stop. Do what every one else tells you to do...Just tell yourself. This is for fags and pussies. Then you wont want to do it. Only in secret. So then at least you will have cut back on all that cod.
>>
>>40604563
my nigga
>>
>>40604528
100% certain that you are a delusional bot that has zero high level experience, and an ESEA PUG is the most competitive level of CS you'll ever play.
>>
>>40607506
>Spending hours a day on a board with insecure, overweight retards trying to compensate

Sounds epik
>>
Has anyone ever had online gaming friends before? I thought they were real friends. I decided to take a break for a week and thought I'd have a bunch of messages from my gaming buddies asking where I was... nope.

Online gaming friends are not real friends.
>>
>>40604928
Here in Canada all the adult sports leagues are mixed sex.
>>
>>40607705
Speak for yourself.

Got my current job from a gayming friend that happened to live an hour away.
>>
don't quit gaming outright, it's a legit hobby. just cut down the time you play to a few hours on the weekends or something.
>>
>>40607705
I have and ended up meeting them in real life and doing LSD
>>
>>40602714
Get Hiragana Battle
>>
/fit/ open team when?
>>
File: OH MY GOD.gif (992KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
OH MY GOD.gif
992KB, 300x169px
>>40605389
>10 hours of video games a week
>>
>>40606466
>PoE
Damn you have taste mate.
Ready to put in another 1k when they release 3.0?
>>
>>40603376
>producing content is more difficult than consuming it
who would've thought
>>
File: over9000.png (273KB, 959x655px) Image search: [Google]
over9000.png
273KB, 959x655px
>>40602714
Get on my level normiesfags.

I had several gfs in the past and I will get my bachlors degree next year.
I also lift 4 times per week.

Its all about time management.
>>
>>40607985

5k hours in a 10 year old game is not impressive m8
>>
>>40608012
Steam account is 5 1/2 years old though
>>
>>40608045

5k hours in 5 years in not impressive m8

i used to shit out 50 hours+ a week even when i had a full time job while working out 4 times a week

thats 2600 a year, plus i could played more on holidays, when i was sick etc.

pls dont act
>>
>>40607489
At least it'll take you somewhere
>>
>>40602746
I love /pol/ but you have to be careful that 4chan itself doesn't become another time sink
>>
File: Capture123.jpg (18KB, 336x176px) Image search: [Google]
Capture123.jpg
18KB, 336x176px
>>40603051
I'm glad i left this game behind
>>
>>40604513
>cucked by the techno jew

never gonna make it, youve got to grow up some day kiddo.
>>
>>40603177
I only allow myself to play video games on thursday nights from 9-12 because I don't have work or any classes on Friday
>>
>>40607893
>play 2 hours a day during weekdays before bed
Dumbass.
>>
>>40604176
Equating sports and tv/video games is pretty stupid. Playing a sport is great for your health and connects you with other people, and don't shit on people who have to work a job they don't like to pay the bills. I'm working on my degree right now and also have a job to pay tuition.
>>
>>40604459
don't do it man. Trust me. I quit vidya for a solid year and then caved and went back to playing on the weekend. I saw an immediate drop in my grades and lifts. I quit permanently after that and am forever grateful that I did.
>>
>>40604798
>You start to wish everything in life could be that easy. Your goals and work suffer a slow death.
why have i never realized this
it's not even about gaming in my case, but i've always had natural talent for maths & technology, and it seems to have skewed my perception of what challenges are worth taking up
>>
>>40602714
Tbh what ive found being social among strangers and going out and drinking/socializing at a lounge is that

>people who talk about video games are really really cringy
>reading books allows you a way to tell stories without being a boring fuck. (I.e. explain the real plot of stories that had their frame changed by a movie.)
>people without hobbies are easily impressed or not worth impressing.
>playing video games (competitive) make you an annoying cunt when you have nothing more to talk about than normie shit everybody else is dealing with (schooling, dating, tv) or your omgdudelol 360 noscope last night. in either case nobody cares and wont remember even talking to you other than you being annoying if you chose the latter.

If youre going to game, play a game with people you know in real life. online gaming is just a shill to give you the cheap thrill that you might actually have friends when in reality you don't, Games in the most part were meant to be played with others. if not you may as well read a book.

TL;DR Quit being an annoying cunt and grow up, read a book or learn an instrument.
>>
File: 1457181998670.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1457181998670.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>>40604509
pretty low level b8 desu
>>
>>40604563
Fuck yeah
>>
>>40606075
And it's something that you can show to others without being ashamed about it.
>>
>>40605363
>Just got back into a WoW vanilla private server though....
Ares WHEN
>>
File: _20170304_165424.jpg (115KB, 1080x956px) Image search: [Google]
_20170304_165424.jpg
115KB, 1080x956px
>>40604462
You are like little baby
>>
>>40602714
Heres a plan, uninstall your favorite 3 games. tell yourself you wont reinstall it until you develop in another hobby (break 4 PRs, read a book, spend a week at the beach or biking/hiking, build something etc etc)
>>
>>40602714
I found that just as with almost anything, burnout is working on games as well. I have this retarded problem with gaming, that whenever there is something really important around the corner, to which I should focus my attention, I just stumble upon some game I haven't played in a while, and then I go on extremely long gaming binge to the point, where I already hate myself halfway through, and when I get completely psychologically exhausted, It's enough for me to not play for few months straight. The biggest issue however is, that this hinders my potential success due to the circumstances, under which these binges happen.

The fact that I am fully aware of this problem is not helping either. I need some semi entertaining but productive substitute.
>>
>>40608355
Ares?
Im on Elysium, at 58, grinding out the last bit
Impatiently waiting for Dire Maul to be released.
>>
You know whats even worse than gaming
Wasting your time reading fit or other boards
>>
>>40608210
i got 1.8k myself. i stayed in low prio to ruin the game. (not that its already ruined over here in NA-E)
>>
>>40608405
A TBC project, Kronos's younger brother.
>>
>>40602714
don't play video games
>>
>>40603782
agreed. After my motherboard also broke down, I started doing much better and enjoyed all the other things in life more. I up'd my piano practicing and my gym going has been stricter and better. I spend more time cooking and reading. I still have an Xbone but I'm not spending 6+hours a day. It's more like 2 hours which is muh better
>>
>>40608406
>Wasting your time reading fit or other boards
???
reading /fit/ made me start lifting in the first place
reading /diy/ made me fix my car on my own
reading /lit/ made me read a fucking book

not all boards were born the same.
>>
>>40608406
eh, theres definitely a lot of time wasted, but i have also learned a lot from 4chan

>>40608437
ah
>>
I'm not addicted to games, am addicted to 4chan though.

The constant info drip hits my ADHD JUST right and it takes my time away from studyan and developing other hobbies.

I wish I was worse with computers because Im smart enough to not be beaten by browser extensions or even blocking websites in a hosts file.

Shit I can't even play newer games like Breath of the Wild without my ADHD drugs on board.

It's just a matter of lacking willpower, though that's a hard thing to train. I DONT want to go down the road of having to hate myself into doing a new, not again.
>>
File: 1441295900268.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1441295900268.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>40604563
>high ttk games

Do you even operate?
>>
>>40603234

You can only spend so much time in the gym before your bodys fucked.

t. Mr. Snap City
>>
>>40603453
Ler av deg og dine venner
>>
>>40602714
Reading or listen to audible, good site for learning off books if you want noise in the background. Work on learning how to fix things around the house. Work on a garden, or grow something outside. Get friends and hang out with them. There's plenty to do in this world, and if you have a job you should be begging for extra time to do things.
>>
>>40608477
I'm addicted to (You)s tbqh
>>
File: 1486923327604.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1486923327604.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>>40608320
What are some hobbies to get me out of my cringe shell?
>>
>>40603051
>addict.png

LOL, no that's casual as fuck.

I have 20K+ hours clocked on Runescape, League of Legends, WoW, and console games.
>>
>>40608477
i know this feel unfortunately.

>The constant info drip hits my ADHD JUST right

this is by design. pretty much any site like this will hire some guy to make sure that the "user experience" is as "engaging" as possible.
>>
File: fucking waste of time.png (64KB, 420x171px) Image search: [Google]
fucking waste of time.png
64KB, 420x171px
>>40608428
>>40608210
>>40603051
casuals
>>
>>40608879
try reading, history or maybe even philosophy (not pop history or pop philosophy because then you may as well shitpost for buzzfeed).

pick up an instrument. (the the kazoo, or jew harp, if you pick piano make sure you frequent places with a piano)

or go fishing/hunting? depends on where you live though.
>>
File: IMG_0975.jpg (139KB, 831x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0975.jpg
139KB, 831x639px
>>40602750
I do this but troll every match. Also op how do you only spend 4 hours a week at the gym?
>>
>>40602732
>play a game from 20 years ago

I am 18, not 48
>>
Here's how I did it.
>sunk 5000 hours into dota
>realize I had a problem
>got a job played less
>got worse playing was less fun
>played less and got worse
>cycle repeats
>dota sucks now because I suck
>each patch makes it worse because im out of date
>every game is mexi-stain hell

Now I hate dota. There's the secret.
>>
File: not a lot of time.png (166KB, 336x276px) Image search: [Google]
not a lot of time.png
166KB, 336x276px
>>40608967
Mate that's pussy shit, I haven't even played enough to call anyone else casual. 10k hours + is not casual.
>>
>>40602714
> want to quit playing CSGO, for the sake of my future I need to do this.

Sell all your skins, buy keys and open cases or sell them on opskins and get your money back and delete the game. You will lose all of your money on cases and then you will feel like shit and the whole game becomes repulsive

That worked for me
>>
>>40609660
I also have a thousand in cs and countless hours spent playing wow, so there's that
>>
>>40604509
You're really doing some pretty extreme mental gymnastics to try to justify playing vidya all day
>>
File: help.png (208KB, 684x545px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
208KB, 684x545px
>>40603051
there is no escape
>>
>>40605597
No there are not you're fucking retarded. The YTers arent just gamers they also create content so they dont even count, because creating and growing a YT channel is actually a decent way to build up a multitude of useful skills, nevermind the fact that only like the top 5 gaming channels even get a million or more a year. Thee are like 5 pro gamers that even have more than a mill
>>
>>40602732

1.6 ftw
>>
>>40602744
>build model planes, cars, ships
>women often repsect that

Might as well recommend d&d, you hypernerd
>>
>>40610275
>There are like 5 pro gamers that even have more than a mill

Every player on a top 10 CS team is making 6 figures, bare minimum. At least 10 players are already millionaires.
>>
Whats so bad about gaming?
Can I be fit and play games, aslong as my gym hours are higher than gaming will i be fucked
>>
I have thousands of hours in rust and Bf4
Only 18 years old
Time spent having fun isn't time wasted.
R-right guys.
>>
Do what you like and don't compare your life to others
>>
>>40602714
>for the sake of my future I need to do this
No you don't, you just need self control. What if you end up getting addicted to something else?
>>
>>40608172
yeah into madness
>>
>>40602733
It's not about having something to show for it, it's about being entertained. You don't get anything to show for the movies you watch

As long as it's not an addiction like OP. Try to play different games and limit the time you spend on it weekly, usually addiction happens when you only play a lot of one game and are too invested.

Best advice is to stay away from games that increase your investment like Travian, most mmorgs like FFXIV
>>
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
>>
>>40602714
>I'm playing Zelda at the moment and loving it
>tfw no switch yet
>mixed feel because im worried about gains bokoblins
>>
>>40602744
I'd like to get into painting Wh40k miniatures, but
1. it's an expensive hobby(and even more so for an eastern yuropoor student)
2. not sure I have the eye and talent for it
>>
File: 1487351123107.jpg (69KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487351123107.jpg
69KB, 768x768px
>Playing CS

I quit that shit, moved to Siege and I'm actually having fun again
>>
>>40609637
>mexi-stain hell

Youre referring to all the hispanics that play games right? And how they are a literal garbage at video games?

Ive literally never played with a single individual who spoke spanish and was remotely decent.
>>
>>40607701
>this is considered an argument on /fit/
>>
I used to play 5 o 6+ hours daily AoE II back in the 2000-2002.
Fun times
>>
File: 1472513178424.gif (298KB, 379x329px) Image search: [Google]
1472513178424.gif
298KB, 379x329px
>>40612072
>He didn't play 5 hours a day of Use Map Settings game in Broodwar for years on end

The best of times
>>
I play Total War games so now if WWIII breaks out it'll all have payed off
>>
File: 2016-11-03_020339.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-03_020339.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Holy shit you fucking meatheads play a real game
>>
>>40612185
What games is that?
>>
>>40607701
you think every o e who gets on pol is that? I think youre a jew. People of pol have jobs,families, and support their white community. We dont have time to be on 4chan all the time..Their is just a lot of us.
>>
File: 2016-11-08_002945.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-08_002945.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>40612190
Distant Worlds
>>
File: 1486610471625.jpg (274KB, 1536x1246px) Image search: [Google]
1486610471625.jpg
274KB, 1536x1246px
>>40604563
This. Unfortunately for you tactical shooter slow brain cucks, quake-engine based games are superior and always have been.
>>
>>40612196
thanks
>>
File: bu1qtBs.png (117KB, 241x276px) Image search: [Google]
bu1qtBs.png
117KB, 241x276px
>>40609797
time played in wow this expac is 30 days, total is 600 on my main
>>
>>40602714
Just choose a tough major (I'm assuming you're in college for whatever reason)
>>
>>40603834
That's what I do. I study from the moment I wake up but I don take it as a chore, I do it because I like to feel that I'm getting good at something, be it games or math/science whatever.
At the end of the day, going to the gym is the reward and playing games is a distraction that is not worth more than 2 hours a day. That's the way I see it.
>>
File: M_14-all-fun-and-gaming-final.jpg (606KB, 1455x2000px) Image search: [Google]
M_14-all-fun-and-gaming-final.jpg
606KB, 1455x2000px
>>40602714
>>40603818
This, but work towards mastery at whatever thing you choose to do. Otherwise it's just another hobby.

>>40603878
You vould have been 2/3 of the way to mastering something rewarding that you love doing.

>>40603904
>>40604094
>>40604509
Living life for enjoyment alone
does not lead to eudaimonia. Try again.

>>40604094
Baby need stimyuwation? Prbably b8, but the most rewarding things in life come from planned hard work at mastering a useful skill. If all you want is a stimulating life, go put some car battery clamps on your balls and in your asshole. I hear that's way more stimulating than any of those "useless" hobbies.
>>
>>40612565
You might be right. Who are you? Who would I be taking advice from here? What things have you achieved or mastered/working on mastering?
>>
>>40603130
>don't over train
you fell for the overtraining meme
never gonna make it
>>
>>40602795
wtf after lifting i cant aim for shit
>>
>>40604509
Let me explain why you're a dumb cunt.
You are trying to shoot down activities as "useless" that have actual, tangible benefits. Practicing a martial art or dance will increase your coordination and overall skill with your body, which is very useful (remember, you are on a lifting board)
Reading isn't useless, fuckwit. If you read more books, you'd be smart enough to understand this. CSGO doesn't make you smarter, but reading does.

>learning a language and being able to communicate with tons of new people, having reason to travel, and being able to improve your mental ability and quality of life.
>being useless.
Even learning a shit tier language that no one speaks and you just love is at least good for improving cognition.

Crafts and art can be sold for money if they are good. This is useful.

"game"
Knowing how to deal with people is useful.

Knowing how to code is useful even if it isn't your job. You can freelance and do temp work.

Building cars saves money on repairs, and helps you get places. This is useful.

Vidya aren't as stimulating as an actual craft with actual, tangible results you fucking neckbeard. DOTA won't give you something physical that you can be proud of, just as much as shitposting on an uzbek catfish herding board won't. But learning how to work with your hands, have a skill, or deal with people not only helps you not be a fat, lonely r9k user, but it makes you a better human overall, and ensures that you aren't just a drain on this world's resources like so many other people.

Dumbass.
>>
>>40612195

95% : neckbeard 19yos who never leave their house and have no opinions worth listening to

5% : 80iqers who cant see the irony that their worldview on degeneracy, blacks, women, etc all align with ISIS yet manage to hate muslims for Ruining Their Country
>>
File: niggaplease.jpg (106KB, 542x760px) Image search: [Google]
niggaplease.jpg
106KB, 542x760px
>>40612565
>but the most rewarding things in life come from planned hard work at mastering a useful skill.

According to?

No honestly, what are you basing that philosophy on? Something your dad said?
>>
File: whatinrawrnation.jpg (68KB, 750x782px) Image search: [Google]
whatinrawrnation.jpg
68KB, 750x782px
>>40608446
I went on /b/ once.

It'll be cool they said. It'll be funny for sure.
Now look at me. I'm a monster
SQUIRRELS XD
>>
>>40608795
>Get friends
how?
>>
>>40612210
MODS
>>
>>40612185
This cracka know what's up.
>>
>>40602714
Play dota instead.
>>
>>40612103
I would have, but the PC at the time got fuged up.
I barely play AoE right now, most of the guys who used to play online are now married/missing. Is AoE 2 HD worth it?
>>
>>40608366
>over 30k hours
>Still doesn't have all the achievements
>>
>>40611899
Get supplies off Amazon such as paints, brushes, etc. Get alternayive brands, not Games Workshop official paints. Get your minatures off eBay as lose sprues from notmal people, or get counterfit models off that Chinese site called I believe Alibaba.
>>
>>40603757

Your playing the game of life, senpi...

Fuck sometimes I come out with cringey shit.
>>
File: heeh.png (37KB, 274x94px) Image search: [Google]
heeh.png
37KB, 274x94px
>>40609660
pls
>>
>>40604121

Don't look into these memes for crying out loud. If you want a decent history book, there are hundreds out there specializing in different fields. Try looking on good reads for a specific genre/topic. I listened to the audiobook of Andrew Marrs' A History of The World, which is an accompaniment to his TV series. It's a brief overview of whole human civilisation, and for such a huge topic he covers it pretty well (plus it was narrated by him, which I loved). Also Bill Bryson a short history of nearly everything is a really entertaining read.

Personally I think a lot of 'classics' I've read are overrated, having said that my favorite book of all time is probably either 1984 or East of Eden, they both connected with me in a major way. I was pretty young when I read 1984 so it might be partly nostalgia, but hey ho.
>>
>>40614691
lol on fucking garrys mod
>>
You're going to fail. You don't quit hobbies you start new ones

If you want to quit gaming start working out. You'll have to chase gains which cuts down on the time for gaiming

I haven't quit but with a job I only play probably 5 hours a week max (including weekends)
>>
>>40608507
1 or 2 to the chest master race
>>
the fuck.

i mean with 5000 hours you can learn even the hardest thing.

i became decent in japanese just by learning 1-2 hour a day for 2 years. Im making roughly 1/3 of my monthly salary just by translating shit at night.

My friend , who is game programmer , has been learning concept art , his art from dog shit has become shockingly good, just in 1 year !

all that and you chose to shoot pixel for 5000 hours?? stop before too late.
>>
>>40606036
>>40606060
Just imagine how good you'd be if you didn't pick a P2W babby mode moba
>>
If you had put 5000 hours into playing a sport, eating properly for it, and practicing with a coach, you could be competing at a pseudo-professional level by now.

Fucking stop playing video games.
>>
>>40603051
400 days on runescape fucking plebs
>>
File: 無題8710.png (13KB, 328x81px) Image search: [Google]
無題8710.png
13KB, 328x81px
>>40617813
Well, it's not exactly something to be prideful of.
But then again, it's not exactly void of benefit. It got me into economics and real life trading. Feels nice to be debt free with plenty in investments and savings.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.