[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Highbar ATG squats should be the new standard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: nohonor.jpg (66KB, 735x235px) Image search: [Google]
nohonor.jpg
66KB, 735x235px
When you bench, you touch your chest. When you deadlift, the weight is touching the floor. How is it squat gets a special pass, where people good morning the movement, and have some nonsense like hips breaking the knee. The only thing breaking is your ability to swallow such bullshit.

If the new standard for squatting was for your hamstrings to touch your calves, everything would be so much better. No more stupid questions, no noobs squatting 405 after 1 week in the gym, no proper depth controversy, no need for rippletits or a million other people to write articles on squat depth and lie to each other.

"bbbut I can't ATG senpai.." Then fucking stretch you moron, or GTFO. Wear squat shoes or something. The ATG squat is a natural movement and anyone who can't perform it should check in to the special olympics. If you can't squat ATG, you're a cripple.
>>
>>40591450
Then squat ATG you moron, I bet you look like shit no matter how many ATG squats you do and there are millions of people who look better and are stronger than you just hitting parallel kill yourself immediately faggot memelord
>>
>>40591450
>that picture
>weight difference on bar

not everyone can do ATG for many reasons. just because i'm flexible enough to suck my own dick doesn't mean that everyone else can too
>>
>>40591450
yes
>>
File: umad.png (70KB, 188x234px) Image search: [Google]
umad.png
70KB, 188x234px
>>40592987
why are you mad anon? you *can* squat properly, can't you?
>>
>>40593014
i respect someone more who can squat 3pl8 by going just below parallel than someone doing 2pl8 with ATG
>>
>>40591450
Squats don't get a special pass. The standard has always been ATG it's just that because of crossfit people think it's okay to do half-reps now. It's not.

Also I don't really care if it's High, low, or front bar squats as long as it's ATG. Although I do prefer and only do highbar.
>>
>>40593014
yeah what you respect doesn't matter though. proper form matters. I can rack pull 5 plates but I don't call it a deadlift.
>>
>>40593080
shit meant for
>>40593040
>>
I highbar squat 4pl8 ATG as of last week. There's a powerlifter I train with who squats 7pl8 to just above parallel for reps. I can't even fucking unrack that and stand under it. Quit your fucking memeing.
>>
>>40593080
anything under parallel is proper form
>>
ATG low bar squats aren't good for the spine. The positioning of the bar makes the slightly below parallel stopping point prime for the body and makes it a very natural movement, instead of going atg and a slight forward angle causing buttwink.
It's like saying you should keep a straight back vs a hollow back during Romanian deadlifts. It's not biomechanically sound for the body to do so and would turn it into a detrimental lift in more ways than one
>>
>>40591450
My hamstrings touch my calves just past parallel
Your metric still sucks
ATG isn't even necessary for a lot of people. Why the fuck do people get so worked up over squats of all things. People don't make half the fuss when someone OHPs and stops at their chin
>>
>>40593762
Because it is easier to go ATG than it is to squat 250kg. People will always find reasons to bitch.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.