[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it some people can lift small numbers but yet make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0262.jpg (73KB, 508x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0262.jpg
73KB, 508x514px
why is it some people can lift small numbers but yet make it look impressive vs that guy whos ego lifting?

today i saw someone deadlift 2pl8 n when i was about to leave there was someone else doing 4pl8 yet it didnt seem right

is form really underrated? what is its not form?

or am I going crazy?
>>
>>40590462
This is how I see it with the major lifts.

Deadlifting while bouncing the weight off the floor. Doesn't count. It's called a deadlift because you're lifting a dead weight. It hits the ground and you reset. You're also not supposed to drop the fucking bar, you're supposed to lower it the same way to lifted it. Under your control at all times. It shouldn't be sending shockwaves through the room.

Benching without a pause at the chest position. Once again, you're not doing it right, so it doesn't count.

And the biggest sin of them all. Non full range of motion squats. So many people don't even hit parallel and that's the BARE MINIMUM. You're doing yourself a disservice by not squatting ATG and if you're not AT LEAST hitting parallel, it doesn't count.
>>
File: news_324.jpg (180KB, 2000x1312px) Image search: [Google]
news_324.jpg
180KB, 2000x1312px
>>40590540
never saw any pros squatting ATG before a jump, not even in basketball, you clearly don't need to go lower than parallel, period
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9KB, 228x221px)
images (1).jpg
9KB, 228x221px
>>40590540
Jeez someones full of shit today. There's different variations of doing workouts, if the form isn't cuasing injury and still produces results why talk shit, it's pathetic. Not everyone is a cookie cutter and do different ways, sometimes i deadlift with pause then other sets i will bounce it off the ground a little yet i still get big gains from it.

Benching i see some people do it really fast because they want to work on intensity, others i see do really slow.

Regarding to squats, some people have knee problems and cannot go parralel so they try working the best they can.

You're just a cookie cutter sheep, judging instead of focusing on yourself.
>>
>>40590540
>Benching without a pause at the chest position. Once again, you're not doing it right, so it doesn't count.

That seems a bit arbitrary. I get that bouncing off your chest is cheating but that's different to actually waiting a while before you push back up
>>
This is one of the smallest guys in my gym yet he lifts way more than almost everyone.

I believe strength has a lot more to do with CNS adaptation, technique and body proportions than straight muscle size.

I also see giant negros benching 2plate for reps and who are impressed with my 4plate deads.

Hypertrophy is not a meme. Look up myofibril hypertrophy vs sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

https://youtu.be/6YLuKjzllAc
>>
>>40590569
you don't need to go past parralel anyway, just lift more weight
>>
>>40590540
>if you're not doing paused bench which is a variation of standard bench, you're not actually benching

I feel the same way about jefferson deadlifts. If you don't do jefferson deadlifts, then your reps don't even count.
>>
>>40590462
What are insertions?
>>
>>40590540
Do you even lift located
>>
>>40590785
No, he's got it right. Autistic, but technically correct.
>>
>>40590794
No, he isn't

Deadlifts have variations, if you're seeing them not completely rest the bar, its because they're training touch and goes.

Dropping on the last set is completely fine, top level athletes do this all the time.

You don't have to pause on the chest, thats what makes the difference between PAUSED reps and normal reps. Saying you HAVE to pause if fucking retarded and also POINTLESS.

ATG is great, but its actually been shown to be less effective due to tension loss, bellow parallel is best, and just under parallel is fine, even Alan Thrall has recently made a video about this and whats better, go watch it and educate yourself.

You were right on one thing, that the dudes autistic, right he is not.
>>
>>40590721
what?
>>
>>40590816

Hes clearly talking about someone doing bench like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0aJ8Nn9vu4

Vs like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg

If you dont see the difference you are dumb.
>>
>>40590816
>ATG is great, but its actually been shown to be less effective due to tension loss, bellow parallel is best, and just under parallel is fine, even Alan Thrall has recently made a video about this and whats better, go watch it and educate yourself.
So many things wrong with this fucking statement.
Here is a starter, stop watching Alan. He is a parrot and not even a good one at that.

But the main point of the thread is why people are more impressed with smaller numbers but better form than bigger numbers and shittier form or less rom.

It'd be more impressed of a guy squatting 315x5 atg than a guy squatting 405x5 just below parallel.
>>
>>40590569
>cookie cutter
Lenny pls go
>>
>>40590562
>high jumpers don't squat beyond parallel
so we're just making stuff up now?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.