[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /keto/ here? How you're faring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Ketones2-800x1508.jpg (79KB, 800x1508px) Image search: [Google]
Ketones2-800x1508.jpg
79KB, 800x1508px
Who else /keto/ here?

How you're faring?
>>
File: IMAG0395.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0395.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
Keto here, day 20 and feelin' good.
>>
>>40589878
Can you post some keto links, I want to look into it.
>>
I've been doing it over a year, with monthy cheat weekends of 2-4 days of absolute gluttony destroying pints of ice cream and loaves of bread like ants
went from 270-185lbs
Going to stay on it until I hit 160
>>
>>40589878
Was on strict a keto diet for about two months.
Even after a month,
Energy was severely depleted. Tired all the time.
Lifts severely suffered. Strength declined.
Could not possible drink enough water to be hydrated.
I stopped, and went beck to previous diet (literally oatmeal, chicken, and broccoli)
First day off keto, big bowl of oatmeal. felt the same as a car might feel that gets a nitrous boost.

Lifting intensity and vigor soared, as well as recovery time was way better (less time needed in between sets to be able to do the next one)

Conclusion:
I think a ketogenic diet is most definitely the best possible way for normal person, that does not lift or exercise vigorously often, to lose weight, as the the mechanism of ketosis for weight loss is definitely sound (as in the body using fat for energy),

but as for a person that pursues lifting heavy weights, with the aim of having those muscles grow, a ketogenic diet in my experience, is definitely not the optimal thing to do.
>>
>>40590036
>but as for a person that pursues lifting heavy weights, with the aim of having those muscles grow, a ketogenic diet in my experience, is definitely not the optimal thing to do
This is fair, I've used it solely to lose weight and I haven't "lost" any gains because I never had any to lose in the first place.

I definitely don't feel any ill effects in terms of energy, but my exercise isn't particularly vigorous. I lift a few days a week but nothing all that heavy and my goals are not strength related
>>
Been on keto for a few months, cheat days twice a month where I eat sushi with rice.

Will raspberry ketones boost my keto?
>>
>>40590036
I'm in keto and lifting.
Not really seeing any lack of energy. If anything, eating lots of meat increased my energy and made my muscles heal faster.
>>
my farts have turned into a dry paste
>>
>>40590036
Kek, I had the exact opposite experience, as soon as I entered Keri I felt like my engine was nitrous boosted, felt energetic and euphoric as fuck, needed less sleep to feel well rested and kept hitting PR at the gym, everybody reacts differently to Keri but it sounds like you fucked up and ended up deficient in some critical nutrient(most likely potassium since potato is full of it)
>>
File: 1488674447124.jpg (283KB, 1072x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1488674447124.jpg
283KB, 1072x1008px
>>40590036
Yes
>>40590094
Stats? Youre probably new
>>40589878
People need to realize KETO is for loosing weight. It is best at that by far.
However
When it comes to heavy weight lifting it is not ideal. Your muscles need glucose from complex carbs. Thats the whole fucking reason there are the modified versions called TKD and CKD.
>>
>>40590081
Thats awesome about the weight loss man, keep it up!
Yeah I definitely think that for pure weight loss, strict ketogenic diet is by far the best thing.
A seriously astonishing amount of body fat can be lost in a seriously astonishing amount of time.
>>
>>40590036
I had a very similar experience. You see people on /r/ketogains doing carb cycles. You need carbs to grow.
>>
>>40590036
>>40590094
>>40590103
everyone reacts different to this shit. I did it for a few weeks and felt pretty good. I only stopped because i found it inconvenient to avoid carbs all the time. would do again tho
>>
>>40590122
Not true. Keto is used for everything from peak mental performance to the treatment of autoimmune and neurological disorders. (Example: Doctors will recommend keto to the epileptic who don't respond to medication.)
>>
>>40590182
I know that you moron.
Like I said, when you are doing heavy fucking weight lifting you need glucose. Every keto guide on the internet talks about how cardio isnt impacted but weightlifting is. Again thats why they recommend doing CKD or TKD.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.