[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting stunts growth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 성장판.jpg (62KB, 560x347px) Image search: [Google]
성장판.jpg
62KB, 560x347px
>was doing lat pulldowns.
>Heard a *pop* on my bicep
>Immediately stopped working out, hurt to even open a door.
>See doctor next day.
>Regular doctor wasn't there
>Blonde, fat woman walks in.
>"It's a muscle strain"
>"But doc I heard a pop and it was slightly swollen"
>"Your muscles do get swollen whenever you lift weights because the blo"
>"I know doc but I think I might have partially tore my bicep, why did I hear a pop?"
>"I don't know why you heard a pop but this sounds like a typical case of testosterone in teens"
>"She then says "You're 18 Anon, you're still growing. Do more cardio it will get you more /fit/ and healthy, weight lifting ruins your growth plates so if you want a chance to be taller then make weight lifting a side exercise."
>At this point I am tempted to start a debate which would've never ended so I just say thanks and leave.
>Eventually my bicep gets better after some months but this "doctor" who was overweight tried to give me /fit/ness knowledge which I ignored, but I am 5'9.
>Does weight lifting stunt your growth? Would I have been taller if I didn't start lifting when I was in middle school?
>>
>>40587489
You're going to die in the near future, Anon. That's what my cards have to say to you.Farewell.
>>
>>40587489
The short answer is potentially... It can lead to hormone fluctuations that bring in the end of puberty faster iirc...
Once epiphysial growth plates in fused ... one cannot grow further, just wider

I didn't start lifting until 15, but was already 6'+ don't know off it effected me, I was taller than my 2 year older brother who did not lift at the time. He ended up about the same height (almost 6'2") but had a late growth spurt at 17- 18 years old. I didn't have a late growth spurt, I did not grow after 16
>>
>>40587489
idk mane, but all i can say is back in highschool (2 years ago) I was 5'11 and 160 and I was powerlifting and fucking my shit up big time so i stopped and started running and doing yoga and bodyweight exercises (i still do bench squat and deadlift occasionally) and now i'm pushing 6'2
>>
hhehe, g-good thing i didnt start lifting til i was 25 ha
>>
>>40588521
fuckij a in right here with you buddy
>>
>>40588521
>>40588548
You're not going to start lifting until 2027?
>>
>>40587489
There isn't enough empirical evidence to support that letting students growth. As long as you are doing the forms correctly you have nothing to worry about.

Anyone telling you otherwise is believing old wives' tales.
>>
>>40587489
>Does weight lifting stunt your growth?
Yes, but you can counter the effects by hanging from the top of the power cage and whispering 'grow grow grow' between sets
>>
Theres 2 young twins that have been lifting at my gym. Long story short one took my advice and one didnt(at first) the one who listened ate a ton and was not only fitter but also started becoming slightly taller than his twin. Eventually after many months the second twin started bulking up and started to cacth up to his brother in height.

Basically if you ate right and lifted you should be fine based on my experience.
>>
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21178368

no it doesn't and here's real science and it's in the sticky that fat women needs to be shot if she's a medical professional which she most likely isn;t

in fact, people who don't read the sticky should be banned along with r9k tier threads
>>
>>40587489
Not at all. Lifting heavy Squats and deadlifts compresses the spine but that's just temporary. The generally recommend guidelines is that children and teens who exercise and do resistance training are healthier, stronger, and have high bone density. Although there's not much evidence to say it's dangerous it's generally not recommended for children/teens to max out though
>>
>>40587489

Not at all

In fact bulking while you are a teen would help you get more height

I basically fasted for all my teens because i was bullied for being fat as a child (i was the tallest and fatter one, and a pussy too), and i never got taller after hitting 5'8 at 13 years old
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.