[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make a program?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1471230762195.jpg (107KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
1471230762195.jpg
107KB, 639x639px
How do you guys know how to make a program? Like what muscles to hit, how much rest, exercices and all? I have been struggling for years and recently getting in shape by doing long distance running and tabata. But I have no idea what am I doing, like the optimal load of training, if I am making gains/progress.

There's just so much stuff out there that I always end up confused and give up. I had a track and field coach but I barely made any progress in 3 years
>>
>>40582345
you dont

you find a program made by someone who knows what he's doing and you do it
>>
Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, 3rd edition by Mark Rippetoe.
It's very simple, very dialed down and the book addresses so many things you're ought to wonder in the progress of becoming an intermediate strength athlete you'll be wondering if Rippletits can really read minds? And the answer is no; he's just a jaded old fat fuck who knows his shit.
>>
>>40582358
Is it possible to have an excellent cardio while stiff looking buff?
>>
>>40582484
depends how buff, and depends how excellent cardio

you won't be a 600lb deadlifting ultramarathon runner
>>
>>40582484
Still* I am preparing for a physical test in a fire department and don't really know where to start. I have been in good shape a few months ago but school, work and family took over and didn't have time to train
>>
You can eventually cobble together bits of advice

Lift long enough and it will click
>>
>>40582490
What I am struggling the most is balance between strenght, cardio and aesthetics. For my physical exam, I have a long obstacle course and I need to be very strong and endurant. Trouble is that I am 5'8 160lbs with bad ectomorph genetics. I still managed to go through the firefighter academy but I was at best average. I know it might seem stupid but crossfit is interesting ONLY if you have good weightlifting technique (courses by a certified olympic weightlifting coach are astronomic)

Plus I want aesthrtics to get a qt nurse or something. I don't feel like waiting until I'm 30
>>
>>40582552
do what you need to do for cardio training, and then layer a relatively recovery-friendly lifting program over it

something like GSLP on a 2 day template or 5/3/1 on a 2 day template (if your lifts aren't beginner tier) would work

lifting enough to be jacked as fuck and super strong is by itself so demanding that you really won't be able to layer much else on top of it
>>
>>40582345
if you go on pinterest you can find lots of fit related infographics. might help op. also nice motivational shit
>>
>>40582552
Look into programs written by Alex Viada, he focuses on combining long distance cardio and strength training
>>
>>40582624
Ok thanks mate
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.