[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food and Knees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: zUDpKdP.gif (110KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
zUDpKdP.gif
110KB, 500x277px
1) Anyone know some good ways to get adequate nutrition with a busy schedule? I'm taking 19 credit hours this semester, all STEM, have a 60 minute round trip commute, my school has no meal plan and the food is overpriced as fuck, and I spend basically 12 hours on campus every day, either in class or studying.

So I'm not eating properly, and I can feel it. I'm sore for 2-3 days instead of 0-1, and if I don't wait 2-3 days between working a muscle group my results are seriously diminished because they're not fully recovered from the last workout.

I'm basically eating like 1600 calories a day, and eating them ALL in one meal: Dinner.
How can I fix that as a broke, overworked college student?

2) I've got misaligned patellas. They track slightly more outward than they should, so any movement with bending of the knees causes some discomfort, and lifting causes serious pain and inflammation. Is there any way to work around this? Maybe by icing before and after lifting? I don't want to wreck my knees but not being able to deadlift or squat is killing me.
>>
>>40578890
>I'm basically eating like 1600 calories a day, and eating them ALL in one meal: Dinner.
>How can I fix that as a broke, overworked college student?
You know the answer already, why bother asking? You just need to bring food with you to snack on throughout the day.
>>
>>40579156
I suspected that might be part of the answer, but what do I bring? I can't bring anything that spoils without refrigeration, so no chicken breast or greek yogurt.

Which segues into the other question: What's cheap that I can do this with? Sure I can buy bulk potato chips from a Sam's Club or Costco and snack on that all damn day, but carbs alone won't do much for me. Most protein foods with stability tend to spoil. Jerky is all that comes to mind and I'm not even a huge fan of it, and it can be costly.
>>
>>40579187
nuts, beans and rice u absolute fagot
>>
>>40579280
Like, all mixed together...?
>>
Short bursts of nuts & vegetables.
>>
>>40578890

Your knees will probably get better as the muscles around them strengthen. Try low weight/higher rep leg extensions and leg curls, and maybe some low impact cardio like a stationary bike, see where that takes you.

Or, you know, ask an actual sports medicine doctor for advice instead of strangers on a Nepalese finger painting newsletter.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.