[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squat foot placement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: PicsArt_03-03-04.06.37.jpg (669KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_03-03-04.06.37.jpg
669KB, 1024x1024px
hey guys. I've always been squatting wide, as it gave me a good indicator of when I was past parallel. recently I was talking with a guy who squatted really close, and he was pushing 70 lbs more than me. I included a picture of the feet placements.

which do you guys use? which do you prefer? why?
>>
I've always squatted wide because I just thought that was proper form. Close stance seems like it would feel awkward.
>>
Wide, but I have a penis and that gets in the way of squatting like a girl.
>>
>>40577317
>implying you wouldn't be able to stand up straight with legs together
oh and I guess you don't do deadlifts either cuz your huuuuge dick gets in the way too? sure must suck buddy.
>>
Depends on leverages, leg length, knee and hip mobility, ankle flexibility, etc. If you have very good ankle flexibility and knee mobility, a closer stance is possible. If not, go wider. [All assuming high bar].

Dunno if anecdotal, but generally this is what I've seen/read about/experienced. Just try whatever feels comfortable to you.
>>
>>40577263
He squatted more because he was stronger, not because of his placement.
At least squat wide enough to give room for your stomach to move down.
>>
Whatever is most comfortable
>>
>>40577380
well yeah I know that, I had never really seen people squat like that, atleast so much, and I was wondering if it has any benefits
>>
>>40577375
No need to be upset. Some people just have bigger dicks. That's life. Get used to it.
>>
http://www.strongerbyscience.com/how-to-squat/#Stance_width
>>
>>40577263
i do left because i'm not flexible enough to have good form/can't go low enough with right
>>
>>40577263
nice pink shoes fag
>>
Rip says heels at shoulder width. I hit depth and can squat 4plates so I guess it works.
>>
>>40577263
Foot angle is dependent on the length of your femurs. If you have long femurs(legs) compared to your torso, you point your feet more outwards to reduce the amount of squat mornings you do.

Feet width has to do more with ankle mobility. The more your ankles are flexible, the closer stance you can do.

So basically, if you want to squat with a close stance, increase your ankle mobility. and point your feet outwards more if you have long femurs compared to your torso. If you don't have long femurs, you can point your feet more straight, because you won't have any problems doing Squat mornings.
>>
>>40577476
thanks m8, though they are just red. color doesn't pick up well in picture.
>>
>>40577476
His shoes are red you retard, maybe change the color on whatever the fuck screen you are looking at.
>>
>>40577263
it all depends on your anatomy. do whatever feels the most comfortable to you...
>>
>>40577544
or maybe you should just stop wearing pink shoes fag
>>
As long as you aren't extremely wide or narrow, it's not a big deal

Depth and good form should be your focus
>>
File: 1488094217631.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488094217631.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>40577458
Thanks anon, looks like something worth studying, see ya in an hour
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.