[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Callouses, Grip Strength, Jerk Strength

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Right, so I'm new af, read the sticky and have been working out inefficiently for a couple years. Changed my workout plan and dieted based on sticky but too soon (only 3 days since I started) to see results, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm wondering three things:
>1. I want to develop callouses on my feet
I do martial arts but my callouses seem on a constant cycle of forming and ripping off, not sure what to do. Info online seems 100% about parkour for hands or guitar for fingers.

>2. I want to develop grip strength
It's important for grappling and trapping. I'm doing deadlifts and dead hanging from pull-up bar... Not sure what else to do.

>3. I want to develop jerk strength
As in sudden pulling power. At a high-level muscle mass will start to slow you down and becomes counter productive, currently, I'm doing reverse curls (with dumbells and cables) for this but hopefully, you guys have some suggestions. The other thing I am attempted in putting weights on one side of a dumbbell, holding with thumb out on the weight free side and twisting -- if that makes any sense (pic related).
Thanks in advance all. I look forward to your replies.
>>
>>40562934
to be clear when I say:
>At a high-level muscle mass will start to slow you down and becomes counter productive

I am talking about using biceps to force them towards you rather than a very fast pull. Think a quick jab in reverse while holding onto a person. I am by no means suggesting have muscle is counterproductive as that's lunacy.
>>
>>40562934
>>1. I want to develop callouses on my feet
Stop wearing socks, maybe?

>2. I want to develop grip strength
Grip hard with every exercise you do. Supplement with wrist curls if you want.

Dunno about 3.
>>
>>40563397
>Stop wearing socks, maybe?
As in always? I already do not wear socks when practicing.
>>
File: 1487704951756.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487704951756.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>40562934
You need to train for explosiveness. Look at the guy working out in the video. You should mute the sound though, its counterproductive to your objective.

https://youtu.be/2IzXBqmNAf8
>>
>>40563513
Ideally. Obviously if it's winter or you're breaking in leather boots (in which case you need thick wool socks.) Maybe walk around barefoot if there isn't a lot of broken glass and drug needles where you live?
>>
>>40562934
1. Dunno, but im a rower and i never rip my callouses. I slowly scratch some of it off when im bored, maybe thats a reason.(only have hand callouses tho).
2.well, holding heavy things, farmer walks are your main exercise. Plate pinch curlz are another great exercise, could be useful in martial arts. Another tip is deadlifting with a pussy pad wrapped around the bar. And rack pulls maybe.
3.oly lifters are more explosive and faster than martial artists, and the muscle mass slowing you down will develop only from bodybuilding, and it wont come over night, so just do the lifts how they are supposed to
>>
>>40563618
It's usually between -30 to -15 rn (I'm a leaf so celsius.)
I can try that during the summer, though.

>>40563583
... Are you sure? That form looks garbage. I agree on the explosive movements, however. I'll just to ensure I do that more.

>>40563694
2. I'll do that
>oly lifters are more explosive and faster than martial artists
Sorry I don't know what 'oly' means. Could you or someone else clarify for me?
>>
File: 1487619088068.jpg (46KB, 526x568px) Image search: [Google]
1487619088068.jpg
46KB, 526x568px
>>40563583
>>40563765
this board is full of fitness experts and if his form truly was that terrible, you would have seen many posts about it already.

Just remember that training for explosiveness is not the same as weightlifting. Do NOT take shit from anyone, this is _your_ training.
>>
>>40563765
>Sorry I don't know what 'oly' means
Olympic
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.