[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (246KB, 1800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
246KB, 1800x1198px
is it fine to do chin ups after every single workout?

please don't tell me to read the book, it's huge and I don't have time

thank you in advance
>>
>>40560658
Yes, unless Rippletits considers that cardio
>>
>>40560658
Why don't you have time, OP?
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg (100KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg
100KB, 1000x746px
>>40560687
I'm a phd student, currently working on my first paper, submission deadline is in April, and on top of that, I am moving a house at the moment.

I have the two books (starting strength and practical programming), I just don't have the time to read them.

I did 3 sets of 4 for the first time 2 days ago and I still have doms in my fore arms
>>
Some people run 2 sets of chins after everyworkout on 3-day texas method, so for novice lp it probably wouldn't matter much
>>
>he can't read 300 pages with lots of pictures and diagrams

Not gonna make it
>>
you should just do them on power clean day (like you're supposed to) and focus on adding lots of weight
>>
File: c2b.jpg (54KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
c2b.jpg
54KB, 535x462px
>>40560707
If you didn't have time to read the book for a program that needs you to, uh, read the book, why didn't you choose something more baby-fed like Stronglifts?

Did you even read the program at all?

Your doms will go away in roughly 2 weeks.

If time is a problem for you, why did you choose a time-consuming routine? Strength programs take up a lot of time for 1 workout compared to other routines, especially after about a month when you start failing reps and need longer rest periods and THEN you start needing more sleep.

Are you even getting 7 hours of sleep a night?

What else are you doing with your time? Do you have a job?

Hell, what even are your goals in fitness?

So many damn questions.

>>40560721
This, if you want a blunt answer. If you're going to achieve the body you've imagined having in your head, you're inevitably going to either
A) Read the book
B) Fail your lifts terribly again and again and wonder why, probably making quality posts like this on 4chan for eternity
or
C) Snap your shit up, ending your brief and completely amateur lifting career for at least a good while.

p.s. phd in what?
>>
>>40560707
You must be pretty strong to move a house, mirin
>>
>>40560815
Listen to this man, I snapped my shit up like a fool because I spot read.
>>
>>40560707

Also 1 more thing, I don't care what you're majoring in any more, any phd requires a BUTTFUCKLOAD of reading, and you're telling us that you can't fucking READ? Nigger, you should be VERY GOOD at reading if you're gonna get a phd in any god damn thing, jesus christ.
>>
>>40560815
I noticed the thing about longer workouts. It's been 2 months since I started lifting, and unless I get 5 minute rest between my sets, I won't see any progress.

I will read the book at some point in the near future, just not now.
>>
>>40561018

Sounds like you're not eating and/or sleeping enough to me.

Dude, you chose a strength program that is based on jacking up weight numbers as quick as possible AS LONG AS you keep eating at a calorie surplus and sleep between 7-10 hours a night, and you're doing a PHD, plus god knows what else. And trust, you really do need to eat and sleep. Enjoy being stuck at whatever weight you're at for a while.

Could take those numbers and switch over to a hypertrophy routine. PPL, Brosplit, whatever.

Ya dun fuk'd up, OP.
>>
>>40561018
>5 minutes
>between sets
>for 3x5
Lol

To answer your original question - yeah you can do chins. The book sucks, though. If you want to learn about lifting I suggest you pick up the book on Westside, Dinosaur Training and Juggernaut 2.0.
>>
> has time to post on 4chan
> doesn't have time to read a book

??????
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.