[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on krav maga /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Legendary_Jujitsu_Master.jpg (68KB, 343x500px) Image search: [Google]
Legendary_Jujitsu_Master.jpg
68KB, 343x500px
I'm taking a krav maga session in a corporate hospitality event. Is it a legit martial art, or mostly jewish cheating? Will my strength do me any good?
>>
>>40558729
it's deadly force meme fighting. like "kick someone in the kneecap, then gouge their eyes out". All about standing still in front of someone and using leverage to throw them off balance, parrying strikes and countering with strikes that would break your hand if thrown at full speed.

would never work in a practical real world scenario unless:
>you had a knife or edged weapon like a karambit (to ensure 1 strike is all you needed against 1 opponent)
>were a complete fucking psycho and wanted to seriously main or kill people

Fighting with clothes on is:

1. tuck your chin
2. break the clinch and punch out, circle backwards, avoid getting blindsided
3. turn around and run if there are too many people

If you're a big guy just troll the instructor and ask how he would handle someone who rushed in, changed levels, drove through him with their hips, picked him up and dropped him on his head. Then offer to demonstrate.

They teach zero floor grappling or defense off your back, if you outweigh the guy by 20lbs he is completely fucked when on the ground, you can just trap his arms, pass his guard and headbutt and elbow him until he dies.
>>
>>40558899
what would you suggest as a martial art for good self defense?
>>
>>40558920
Running
>>
>>40558920
Wrestling + boxing
>>
>>40558920
CCW and a defensive handgun course
>>
>>40558920
boxing and running away
>>
>>40558920
The high martial art commonly mistaken for mere logistics.

Move. All. Your. Shit. Elsewhere.

It is actually higher form, strategic, martial arts. Where you don't live in a shit hole populated by barbarians.
>>
>>40558729
It's a fucking memestyle. Just go to an MMA gym, or if you are too poor for that like me go do Kyokushin or Judo.
>>
>>40558920
buy a handgun
>>
>>40558920
for fun it's BJJ and MT, both have a rich tradition of innovation, styles, and techniques to learn.

for real life? you should just carry a gun and know how to use it and how to read a sketchy situation before it escalates.
>>
>>40559008
I advocate both. It's good to know what to do if you are separated from your weapon or get jumped on before you have a chance to draw.
>>
>>40558729
It's objectively worse than any of the effective martial arts like MMA, boxing, muay thai, or BJJ.

When I trained it everyone there thought it was hard shit because they were all coming from tae kwon do, but that's because tae kwon do is a shitshow now.
>>
File: Flow_Chart.png (2MB, 1024x4521px) Image search: [Google]
Flow_Chart.png
2MB, 1024x4521px
Some krav is good, most is bad, but it depends on the instructor. Most stuff taught at business retreats and corporate team building events are usually bullshit.
>>
>>40558729
I saw a video demo where every single scenario ended with "...and then you kick in the balls, and run away."

Sounds pretty crafty to me
>>
>>40558920
Jiu-jitsu, invented for samurai to stay standing and not go to the ground like their Brazilian stepchildren and get their shit kicked in

>>40558950
>>40558975
Found the French
>>
>>40559193
Nice meme man RREREEEEEE XDDDD AM I DPING IT. RITE))))????
>>
>>40558920
1 on 1 wrestling is the only martial art you need

1 on X running fast is the only martial art you need
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.