[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ grocery shopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>today
>walk into the grocery store
>had my list ready
>thought it was gonna be a normal day
>...little did I know...
>everything started off normally
>pick up some broccoli ($2.59/lb) and radishes($1.49/bunch)
>gettin them there vegetable servings but not liking how much i gotta fuggin pay for it
>pick up some beans for stronk toots. $2.59 for a giant can.
>then I see it
>da tuna
>it's got a sale sign on it
>my heart skips a beat
>i get closer to read
>$0.50 PER. MOTHER. FUCKING. CAN.
>NORMALLY $1.50 PER SINGLE CAN
>"please return your seat backs to their full upright and locked position"
>full panic mode ensues
>manage to stop to think
>remind myself money can be exchanged for goods and services
>pull out my phone so I can use the calculator to do the math
>"if i normally buy packs of 4 for $4.96 at $1.24 per can, I can buy nearly three times the amount of these single cans"
>take 16 cans of tuna
>do my other shopping
>get to the checkout
>exchange pleasantries with the fat checkout lady
>she's busy mirin all these fuggin gainz im about to recieve
>walk out proud of how I got half a month's worth of lunch meat for $8 pre tax
>start driving home
>I get about halfway and it hits me
>pull out my wallet
>see a $1 bill
>two cans right there at least one
>see a $5 bill
>8 cans
>I could've got more out
>I've thrown away so much money in the past
>Nutella, candy, name brand foods, beer
>I could've got more
>and I didn't
>and I didn't
>>
It's good that you realized that you have wasted money on a unhealthy lifestyle. Now build from your experience and better yourself.
>>
To keep it /fit/ related post grocery shopping tips/tricks, failures, mistakes, and funny stories.
>>
Enjoy your contaminants, retard.
>>
>>40556295
fuck yeah contaminated with sick gainz
>>
I buy chicken quarters when they're 37 cents a pound. The bags are like twenty pounds, so there's like a whole day of processing involved. It's worth it. When I'm done, I have tons of recipe-ready chicken, chicken broth and schmaltz.

One time I bought some whey on clearance without reading the label close enough. It turned out to be stevia-sweetened. Not the worst protein screwup possible (the worst would involve soy), but I'll be relieved when it's all gone.
>>
>>40556133
I hate this kind of shit. When I roll through costco and buy all I need. Come back next time and half the things have manufacturing coupons on them.

Thank god they started to carry chobani again. That triple zero was garbage.
>>
>>40556133
>>and I didn't
So go back tomorrow.
>>
>>40556133

I call organic/local stores Happy Hippie. There's always way too many pot stinking, emaciated vegan, hemp wearing unemployed types there.

> New Happy Hippie opens
> Go to see, has epic produce section
> It's better than the farmer's market
> No fat people snacks
> Nice bulk foods section, but not enough choice in tea
> Swing to back of the store
> The sound of my ancestors sings in my heathen blood
> There stands the butcher, prod, sharp of knife, carver of flesh and protein.
> Push stuff around in cart to make room
> End up with nearly 30lbs of beef/pork/chicken/seafood to cook/freeze
> Super emaciated hippie girl gives me the disdain look as I unload.
> Smelly namaste pothead in back is being passive aggressive
> Thumb through yoga magazine while waiting
> This triggers the hippie
> replace magazine
> hit yoga pose that weak vegans can't
> remind myself that I've got to make this trip at least once a month for fun
>>
>>40556133
>16 cans of tuna
This kills the OP. Enjoy the mercury poisoning
>>
Grocery store near me has decent free range no antibiotic chickin for $20. Their same thing roasted and ready to go is $15ish. Guess what I get?
Motherfucken tasty ready to barely chew and eat like a motherfuckrr half chicken glory. Next meal all ready no prepping no dishes. Rinse a no repeat 3x times a week lol
>>
>>40556133
LMAOOO OP ASPIE AS FUCK POST

ENJOY YOUR MERCURY-INDUCED AUTISM ENTERING YOUR BLOOD BRAIN BARRIER AFTER EATING MORE THAN 1 CAN WEEKLY BOYO

If it's anything other than Bumblebee Albacore In Water enjoy your Contaminants and rocket fuel
>>
>>40556133
>>"if i normally buy packs of 4 for $4.96 at $1.24 per can, I can buy nearly three times the amount of these single cans"

>not just saying ".50 is 1/3 of 1.50"

brainlet general
>>
>>40556295
>>40556953
>>40557535

Ive read that one can a day is okay for 200lb man though and i dont even do that.

What do you guys normally do for lunch that is relativley cheap and not purportedly poisonous?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.