[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you handle dietary curveballs? Like, if my friends ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

How do you handle dietary curveballs? Like, if my friends ask me if I want to go out to eat, I don't want to because it won't fit my diet plan and I can't know calories, but I don't want to miss out on any opportunities. Same goes for if I go to my parents' house, I never know how much to eat of what when it comes to their cooking.
Why is being healthier than 95% of the population such a burden? How do you make your diet work in "Normie Land?"
>>
>>40554197
I'm getting my mom to diet too so whenever I visit we cook together and count the calories.
>>
Being a "lone wolf" makes staying shredded easy.

I'm turning 30 this year and I haven't felt social pressure since highschool days.

It's very odd to me when I see people still stuck in that group-think mindset for their entire lives.

I don't consider myself alpha or beta, I just consider myself above all of that meaningless pointless made up bullshit.

Thank fuck for modernity allowing us as a species to entire this phase never experienced by anyone before in humanity besides maybe Greek philosophers and a few Kings and Queens.
>>
>>40554197
if theres one thing i learned about gains its that social gains > muscle gains
just do your best to keep it near maintenance
if not just throw in some more cardio to make up for it
>>
>>40554197
I go but just get a water or a diet coke.
>>
Cheat meals are alright every once in a while, just don't overdo it. Eat 100 less calories each day for the rest of the week and throw in some cardio if you really did that bad.
>>
>>40554197
you go do it. you act like that's going to have any serious influence on your body. wow you'll be 12% instead of 10%, but probably much happier because you go out and interact with people. you're not a bodybuilder preparing for a show, so stop acting like it.

>>40554279
this guy is a faggot. the chances of him dying in misery and achieving nothing in life is 99.9%. he'll slowly realize that he can't outrun the clock and the body you work so hard for will leave you one day. the difference between your body leaving you and your "meaningless" experiences leaving you is that when you're 50-60 or older, you can have a good laugh with your mates or think back on a time that will put a smile on your face. that's infinitely better than looking back and the only memorable thing about your life is you admiring your 8% body in your bathroom.

there's nothing wrong with training hard and working towards your goals, but there is when it causes you to be a complete recluse and experience almost nothing life has to offer.

do cardio and eat less during the week if going out to eat once a week haunts you that bad.
>>
>>40555091
>implying a had a social life before discovering lifting and how to get shredded
>>
>>40554197
>I can't know calories
I've been tracking my kcals long enough to guage just about any meal. Just learn to estimate shit like that. Worst case scenario is you are a couple hundred kcals under or over for your day and it really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>40555091
My dad is 66 and hasn't had friends since his 20s. He doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>40554279
You're literally autistic. Have you ever been tested?
>>
>>40555149
This is what happens. You get married and that's it.

Who tf needs friends
>>
be strict on diet and dont sacrifce self cheat days. rather credit them up and when youre asked pig the fuck out
>>
You go out to eat and enjoy life, getting a nice meal or healthyish with water as a drink meal. Christ I don't understand you autists.
It'll set you back a day or two at most. As long as this isn't every day or every weekend it's not a problem.
Even if it's every weekend, if it's one fucking meal it isn't an issue.
>>
When out to eat look for clean protien and fuck the sides. A steak or a hunk of fish. Maybe some chicken. Avoid the skin and anything fried. Most of the times restaurants fuck the sides up. Even broccoli they try to stew it in Cajun flavored butter. Also don't make a huge deal out of it. It's a marathon not a sprint. Couple hundred extra cals isn't shit
>>
>>40554279
I live this way also and it's a great way to establish your own sense of identity free of external influence

I socialize at work and at the gym but I'm not interested in meaningful relationships. People screw you when you have faith in them. Shallow, fun friendships are the way to go
>>
>>40554197
>be me
>liftan 6 years now
>dem compounds
>shitty diet
>example : I had 3 mcds cheeseburgers for dinner, followed by a few squares of chocolate, eight speculoos and 3 pints. I made sweet potato fries, sautéed chicken breast and fucking baked beans and cheese. I eat whatever I like, honestly. I never go above like 12%, I've had a six pack off 6-8 hours gym a week and effortless eating, weighing in at 88kg at 6'0.

The only thing I have to handle is people asking why Im eating so much. To answer your question, I don't have a diet, still randomly ripped.
>>
>>40555424
Do you eat three meals a day though? Are you eating all of that at once? I hear a lot of people say "I eat a lot but I'm still lean," but I think a lot of it comes down to them not realizing they're eating a reasonable amount of calories in the long run.
>>
>>40555424
>Metabolism meme
>>
>>40554197
Normie get out reee
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.