[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You crazy brah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: received_1232500846817294.jpg (54KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
received_1232500846817294.jpg
54KB, 2048x1152px
Mental Illness and Fitness Thread

Let's talk about overcoming the internal struggle in your head and your path to bigly-ness.

Have Borderline PD. Thankfully high-functioning cause I refuse to let this shit take over my life. But I have ridiculous impulsive urges that manifest with eating like shit. I basically lift for like a month and a half really well and eat perfectly. Then I give into my sub-human urges and binge on fast food for like 2 months with little self-control and quit the gym. Rinse and repeat

I look much better than I used to despite this and I'm getting much better with sticking to the lifts
> We're all gonna make it
>>
Just be yourself
>>
how did you get diagnoied for that shit and did it help?

I used to have obsessive tenancies, but was given loads of anti-pyschotic medication and antidepressants and they seem to have gone now. Still over-think, and daydream about weird shit but I'm basically normal I think.
>>
>>40555043

You have to see a psychiatrist/psychologist and be honest with them. You cant get a accurate diagnosis if you're withholding information out of embarrassment or to save face.

And a diagnosis helped me a lot. I was able to see symptoms in a very logical and clinical way and evaluate my problems more effectively. The mental and physical gains the past 2 years have been top notch since diagnosis.

Also even without diagnosis, a basic tenant of psychiatry is that verbalizing your problems can be healthy and the therapeutic effects of listening and talking are important. A lot of people "just get over things" because people tend to analyze their own problems and solve it on their own (when they can)
>>
Also, normal is overrated. You just gotta be functional in society and happy. We all have our problems
>>
I had a head injury a few years ago, and was diagnosed with depression/anxiety almost a year later after I was stopped from an heroing myself. Now almost 8 months later, I've found that after various meds, none seem to really help as much as the benefit I get from lifting and eating healthy. Quitting drinking all the time and eating right has done wonders for my self esteem. Hang in there bros, we're all gonna make it.
>>
File: 1482122470476.jpg (116KB, 460x695px) Image search: [Google]
1482122470476.jpg
116KB, 460x695px
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.