[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it do what it says it does? Got no access to a gym since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Does it do what it says it does? Got no access to a gym since I'm really short on cash. Might as well get some calisthenics in.
>>
Whenever someone makes a thread like this I assume they are underage and their parents don't give them an allowance.
But anyways when I moved out on my own I used cinderblocks as dumbbells. Do pushups with a backpack full of books when normal pushups get easy. Dips on your computer chair.
>>
>>40552337
Yes. However, it's pretty much the Starting Strength of gymnastics. The workouts are very low volume 3-4x a week as you "practice" getting better at the movements. You'll never get a pump and if you do it right, it'll be months before you're actually working "hard." It's a progression system designed to be followed for years as you slowly work your way up to one arm pushups, pullups, and handstand pushups, along with bridges, one leg pistol squats, and advanced hanging leg raise variations.

If you're looking for a more conventional bodyweight program with tons of reps and high intensity workouts that'll get you jacked and leave you exhausted, I'd recommend pic related.
>>
>>40552337

why do all these calisthenics books center on being an idiot who got locked up?
>>
>>40552434
>Do pushups with a backpack full of books when normal pushups get easy.
When do they get easy?
>>
I just read most of it (all that'd be relevant to me at this point) and I have my doubts.
It gives pretty good arguments (perhaps even solid ones) as to why gym training is flawed and bodyweight is healthier and so on.
And then goes on as >>40552672 said in setting a progression on increasingly difficult excercises, all the way to some pretty advanced workouts.
All is good and well but it pretty much gives you a double-edged blade of advice: it gives you an overly easy routine (2 days a week 10 reps starting) and expects you to be patient enough so that you start training seriously after one fucking year.
The plan develops good form, but it does so at the expense of practically not seeing any progress for at least a year, and go for whole days without doing any training.
He gives good arguments on why to do that though, but if you follow his advice to the letter, as I calculated and already stated, you don't get much done for a long time.

Actually I'm not a /fit/ regular, and I came here and C-f'd "calisthenics" PRECISELY to ask people here about the best way to train this stuff without burnout (I've experience burnout several times already so I understand that the author of the book has a point) but also do some progress beyond ONE FUCKING SET A WEEK
>>
>>40552337
good philosphy

fake prison theme

shit rep scheme, shit progressions

there's better bodyweight programs
>>
>>40555382
>shit rep scheme, shit progressions
I'm >>40555356 and tl;dr I agree.
Can you point out a better program? I don't want to excercise 2 days a week. Every day would be better
>>
>>40552672
>>40555356
>>40555394
>>40555382
just skip the stuff you find easy and do the hard ones you dumbos
>>
>>40555394
foundation is a nice gymnastics focused program. focuses on achieving front lever, straddle planche, rope climb, hollowback press, side lever, pistol squat

r/bodyweightfitness recommended routine is a bit like convict conditioning, but full body 3/4 times a week. good beginner/intermediate program

gold medal bodies has some good gymnastic focused routines, bunch of parallettes and rings work

overcoming gravity is another nice choice

antranik's ppl routine is nice and straightforward, focuses on achieving stuff like one arm chins, muscle ups, planches

even stuff like startbodyweight.com is better than cc in my opinion

there's a whole bunch of routines out there that i haven't named that are good too

>>40555468
ok? that doesnt change the fact that the rep schemes and progressions are bad tho?
>>
>>40555483
THANKS
I really needed a second opinion, given how inexperienced I am, I was about to just fully take the CC framework. The author DOES imply that he has the only key to bodyweight ("insider info buried beneath the weight of machine training and only kept alive thanks to prisons, and I'm the only one out here telling the whole truth!"), and being naive as I am...
I'll look into those and try to think for myself.

>>40555468
Wade does have a point on why one shouldn't just skip ahead.
Though I guess I could just skip absolute beginner things like motherfucking doing just 10 reps once a week as he suggests for starting.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.