[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 42

>tfw no Chinese princess gf

Can someone explain how lifting affects the bones in detail? Specifically strength training
>>
File: 1487901479559.jpg (153KB, 640x721px) Image search: [Google]
1487901479559.jpg
153KB, 640x721px
A lady friend of mine wants me to help her get nice thighs, what routine should i do with her?
>>
Both StrongLifts 5x5 and Starting Strength tell you to squat every single gym day, but even with rest days my legs are still hurting next time I'm supposed to squat. Am I supposed to just be powering through this?
>>
I hit my last 5 reps on incline bench to day but a strange thing happened on the last lift. I felt like it was gonna fail, but I flared out my elbows and turned my shoulders in and up it went.

I feel like I fucked up by benching with bad form? Or have I been benching wrong?
>>
>>40549806
reverse cowbro.
>>
Yeah just power through. Over time it won't be so bad. The first weeks are the hardest
>>
>>40550187
Sounded like you just sacrificed form for those last reps. Anyway, just revise bench form at home and next time you bench be conscious of form and if you can't manage those last reps with good form don't risk it. Just my advice
>>
File: food.png (55KB, 761x853px) Image search: [Google]
food.png
55KB, 761x853px
How do I eat more? This is pretty normal for me every day and on top of only eating this I also lift for about an hour and a half every day
>>
>>40550233
Meant for >>40550137
>>
>>40550269
If you're struggling just try to eat some calorie dense food to make up those last calories. IIFYM, but don't be stupid about this concept.
>>
>>40549806
Starting strength
>>
>>40550292
what would be good for this? my dinners are usually pretty light because by that point in the day I just don't feel very hungry but I know I will be stuck as a spooky skelly forever if I don't eat more
>>
>>40550264
You're right. it wasn't anywhere near my max weight so I really wanted to hit the last one. I'm going to log it as a failed rep
>>
File: toolow.jpg (161KB, 683x957px) Image search: [Google]
toolow.jpg
161KB, 683x957px
>>40550269
I need help too. I'm 30%+ body fat and ever since I started counting my calories and eating healthier, it's actually hard to even eat the 1500 a day that's suggested for males.
>>
>>40550328
Hmm nuts are a pretty decent calorie dense option. Just have some while you're watching TV or something. Or browsing YouTube. It's something you can nibble and eat without even noticing. If that makes sense.
>>
>>40549749
look up wolff's law

>>40550269
blend some food into a nice shake and drink it thorughout your day
>>
File: klokov.png (831KB, 638x640px) Image search: [Google]
klokov.png
831KB, 638x640px
Can you have bad knees for squatting?

People have mentioned how Klokov is a bit bow-legged, and this helps him squat.

Mine seem to go outwards rather than bow-shaped. I can only squat 3pl8s for one rep with knee sleeves. pls help /fit/
>>
>>40550481
Thanks
>>
>>40550484
I've experienced this for many years, and the solution is paused squats in the hole. About to hit 4pl8 thanks to these babies. Snatch grip deadlifts from a deficit help too.
>>
Why do I lose 1.2 pounds overnight???? It's almost the same I lose shitting, how am I supposed to gain weight like this...? I'm barely gaining a pound a week while eating at 6000+
>>
>>40550673
EAT
MORE
>>
Could someone post that webm with the guy benching all arched with a ridiculously small ROM?
>>
>>40550673
tape worm, theres no other possible way you are natty and eating 6k calories a day and not gaining stupid amounts of weight
>>
>>40550673
6000 calories? If that's mostly clean food I applaud you anon. That's not easy. I'd feel full af
>>
How do I plan my workout?
Would it make sense to do a day of DL, a day of squat, and a day of benching + on each of those add accesories for bodyparts that are not working that particular day?
And if so, can I just go all life on such a program, as in would changing diet and amount of reps be enough to switch between strength training, cutting and bulking?
>>
>>40550642
I'll give that a go, thanks m8.
>>
>>40550734
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBiwskxI0FY
>>
Best workout for a cut?

How do I get rid of bloating? Been eating and shitting normally...

Redpill me on fat binding pills
>>
>>40549806
Buy her one of those $2,000 squid guns in your pic
>>
>>40550832
no special routine needed for cutting
>>
Best alternative for deadlifts? Have a garage home gym and deadlifting heavy is fucking up the piping and floor. Would a platform be enough to fix the issue?
>>
>>40550877
yeah
>>
>>40550850
Would increasing cardio be beneficial or just stick to my usual routine?
>>
>>40550711
I went from 120 to 155 in a little over 4 months but now I'm stalling. I'm only 6'0 tall so I'd guess I should be at about 175-180 optimally, but gaining weight is so fucking hard for me. I eat Cuban Sandwiches, Ground beef, white rice and beans, shredded beef, fish weekly, since I work at a restaurant I get it for free, and I've been abusing that, plus whatever I can do at home, breakfast is a big omelette and milk with whey, before I go to sleep I usually eat some oats or I chomp on some ham until I can't eat anymore. Don't drink soda, just water, and a lot of water at that. Exercise daily and some cardio occasionally. Pic is me then and me now, still skeleton, but getting there.
>>
>>40550440
How much you weigh? I eat about the same and km stuck at 135 like 20% bodyfat
>>
>>40550891
cardio is mostly for a healthy heart
moderate cardio is useful to lose less muscle/strength
>>
So I do close-grip chin ups and wide-grip pull ups, is there anything to gain from also doing parallel grip pull ups (besides more exercise, obviously)?
Also, as my previous question implies, I only have access to a pull up bar, and some weights for weighted pull ups. What can I do to build legs and chest more?
>>
>>40550908
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>40550892
Slow down. You can gain 2 pounds of muscle a month, a bit more as a beginner. Being generous I'd say you should have put on 15lbs in 4 months, and you did more than twice that.
You're gonna end up with more fat than you'd like, then be stuck endlessly deciding between cutting and bulking.
>>
>>40550941
Yeah, but the thing is that with this ridiculous diet I'm barely gaining a pound a week, if I slowed down to like 3-4K I reckon I'd actually lose weight?
>>
>>40550832
Can anyone answer 2+3?
>>
>>40550893
I'm 5'10 240 pounds.
>>
>>40550980
Are you certain you actually read 6k calories a day? that's an insane amount. That's pretty hard to manage
>>
>>40550912
Pushups and harder variations of it for chest, for legs you could try pistol squats or something like that.
>>
>>40551056
Thanks, what would you suggest for harder variations? One-armed?
>>
are there any benefits to intermittent fasting if I have no issue controlling calories?
>>
>>40550980
dude youre tracking calories wrong, theres no way you are eating 6k at only 6' tall and not gaining weight
>>
File: 5.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>40551000
>>
ppl recommend lifting PLUS cardio (HIIT) for burning fat

I don't understand, how can hiit not mess with recovery, hardcore sprinting interspersed with light jogging would fuck up your legs?
>>
>>40551187
cardio doesn't have to be running
>>
>>40551215
well, since I don't have a bike / elliptical at home, I'd have to go to the gym, which takes a while, 3x a week lifting is already taking a lot of time (because the gym is 45min away)
>>
File: 1.png (270KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
270KB, 720x718px
Anyone know what is causing pain in the area in pic related on squats? The pain feels like theres a really tight string in my upper quad/hip
>>
>>40551187
>how can hiit not mess with recovery, hardcore sprinting interspersed with light jogging would fuck up your legs?
That's because you do it for 15-20 mins, and ideally only two times a week
>>
what is /fit/ approved hypertrophy routine? sticky program picker links to gvt phat and 3day split
>>
>>40551370
a dude at my gym squats with his arms out like in that pic
puts his hands through the gaps in the plates and holds them
is there any reason to do this or is he just retarded?
>>
>>40551476
There's no reason to do it. He's probably doing it for balance, but he's doing his abs a disservice because you're supposed to be balancing with your core.
>>
>>40551437
hypertrophy doesn't work unless ur on gear
>>
>>40551603
dont tell us that all brosplitters roid
>>
>>40551124
when I was biking 5-10miles per day I was eating around 6K and easily maintaining my weight at 6'1"
>>
Is it necessary to stretch after lifting? Heard some faggots saying it shortens your muscles if you don't do it, don't know if it's true though
>>
My mother was unable to close the door when she needed to use the bathroom, and I got a peak.

She looks worse than whitney from My Big Fat Faggy Life, fat just hanging off her poor body.

Is there something I could say to make her improve her diet?
>>
>>40549749
>tfw no Chinese princess gf to choke the fuck out when she doesn't give you opium
>>
>>40551616
brosplitters arent big though
>>
>>40551685
It's not necessary although some people do it to tear their muscle more
>>
Didn't get any answers last thread.

If I were to add accessories to StrongLifts how would I do it?

I was considering:

A) have two accessory days a week on my off days

Or B) add some random accessories to Workouts A and B after the main lifts
>>
>>40551785
Hahaha
That scene left me speechless. Felt bad for her.
>>
What the FUCK made my chest cramp during deadlifts the other day?
>>
does walking do anything at all?
>>
>>40552545
Nope, that's why I use a wheelchair outside of the gym. It's like the 6-7 rep area lifting, literally worthless.
>>
There's a decent amount of info about using barbells to rehab regular backpain, but it always comes with a conditional that it is not regarding acute backpain.

I felt a sudden tightness during a squat about 3 weeks ago and I've had minor pain ever since. Doctor told me to just take it easy and give it 4-6 weeks to heal up and I should be fine, but I've totally fallen off of the wagon on my lifting. It's a kind of dullish pain, mostly on the right. It has caused my left back muscle to go absolutely apeshit in the last few days and seize up hard.

What can I do to try and at least get myself moving again? Bodyweight?
>>
Recovering fatty here, down from 130 to 83kg, started hitting gym few weeks ago, but reading /fit/ made me confused about the SS wchich I'm doing. Is t-rex a myth? Im on -500 deficit wanna cut to like 75 kg, Im 187 cm tall. My legs was always my fattest body part and now they are still big. Should I continue this routine?
>>
>>40553020
T-Rex is a myth. I suppose it could happen if you literally only squatted, but even in SS Ripp tells you to do chinups/curls
>>
File: 1437341780528.jpg (112KB, 1200x1789px) Image search: [Google]
1437341780528.jpg
112KB, 1200x1789px
Five Guys makes me shoot miso soup out my ass. Why does this happen?
>>
Should I bulk with stomach fat on me and cut later, or get shredded and bulk so I look good all year round?
>>
Is Keto a meme? How long does it take to get started after eating barely any carbs?

Also as a 6'1'' 255 lb noob eating 1500 calories a day can I realistically lift?
>>
Redpill me on ECA stacks
>>
File: bf.jpg (235KB, 560x720px) Image search: [Google]
bf.jpg
235KB, 560x720px
Looking for advice from more experienced people : should I bulk or should I cut? Don't have enough muscle to be aesthetic at <14% but already have a belly/double chin and will only get worse with bulking.

75kg, 182cm. Bench 80kgx5, Squat 100kgx5, Ohp 50kgx5, Pull-ups+20kgx10, Dips+20kgx10...
>>
I'm getting a pretty bad pain in my the left forearm whenever I curl or really put weight on it. It's located around the middle of my forearm on the underside. Its definitely not DOMS so I'm wondering if I should take a week off any upper body work or just power through ithe. Any suggestions?
>>
>>40554894
probably tendinitis
take it easy on grip related stuff
>>
>>40553195
It's probably the particular oil they use to cook with. Here's a similar complaint to yours and some discussion about the cause.
https://youtu.be/eMchbvI6QqQ?t=4m45s
>>
Wait, so basically all the exercises and machines can be summed up as variations of squats, pull ups and push ups, right?
>>
How many pl8's should I buy? Do I just keep buying them?

Is two 15kg, four 10/20kg enough?
Do I need 25kg one or can I just skip to another 10/20?
>>
is 130-140g protein per day at 75kg bodyweight alright or should I up my intake??
>>
File: 100kg (220lbs)5reps.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
100kg (220lbs)5reps.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I've been training for 8 months now, been ATG pause squatting for 6 months and I'm feeling really painful tightness in my hips (I believe they're hip abductors to be specific) Whenever I rotate my legs outwards I feel pain in the abductor area, somewhere near the glutes, in both my hips.
My form should be correct, check webm related, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I stretch and warmup before every workout, and I only squat 3 times a week, I've been doing stuff like the frog stretch, butterfly stretch and some other ones I've found on youtube, but none of them seem to get rid of that tightness, thanks in advance.
>>
>>40555335
That's completely fine, you don't really need more than 2g per 1kg, you can up your intake but it won't have any dramatic effect.
>>
>>40549749
When doing the shoulder press, must the movement start with the bar resting upon your clavicle?
>>
If I eat at a deficit, but consume enough protein, can I lift to get stronger while losing fat?
>>
>>40555532
no
>>40555542
yes
>>40555342
you need rest in stretch gains as well as muscle gains, same exact process
>>
>>40550843
>M-14 is a squid gun

no sir
>>
Anyone know what the most likely cause of knee pain from squats? I'm not even doing much weight, 165lbs, but I'm getting some pretty bad knee pain. I'm relatively scrawny too, 5'10 at ~155lbs

When I'm not squatting they hurt if I jump, sometimes if I run on a treadmill too.

Anyone know what the most likely culprit is? I don't wanna have to quit squats but I also don't wanna ruin my knees before I'm 30
>>
I have approximately 100 eggs in my fridge and am looking for ways to consume them.

Should I drink 'em like Rocky before a workout?
>>
>>40555707
BIG ASS OMELETES
>>
>>40549749
Help me /fit/izens
>9/10 girl flirts with me
>honestly 9/10 hot as fugg
>want to smash that shit
>hear today she got a girlfriend and is now bi
What do? Am I being cucked by a fucking girl?
>>
File: behold the mighty t rex.jpg (514KB, 1982x2000px) Image search: [Google]
behold the mighty t rex.jpg
514KB, 1982x2000px
>>40555692
dammit forgot to post an image for attention
>>
File: Capture.png (71KB, 660x840px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
71KB, 660x840px
How do I improve this?
>>
>>40555774
Take out 2 tbs of butter and enjoy 200 more calories to play with
>>
File: IMG_7633.jpg (58KB, 750x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7633.jpg
58KB, 750x638px
Are these macros good for 6'5" 230lb?
I'm trying to cut, no idea if I'm doing it right.

Also, are beans (kidney/black) viable for a cut diet or do the carbs disqualify them?
>>
>>40555809
Yeah, well it actually was a mixture of butter and olive oil. I don't eat that stuff every day. I actually thought I was going to go over because of eating it. It was a lovely pasta dish with a cheese sauce.
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 399x158px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 399x158px
>>40555861
That is like 3900 calories. WTF?

That said your ratios are almost the same as mine here:
>>40555774
or pic related.

So I think the ratio is good, but your goals are way different than mine. At that number of calories I would actually expect a higher ratio of protein.
>>
What nutrients should I take supplements for if I am not getting them daily for reasons of shit diet?

Currently taking
>a complete vitamin b
>vitamin A
>Vitamin D
>Omega 3 fish oils
>>
>>40556017
Just eat broccoli you picky eater.
>>
>>40556050

Don't really have much say over what my family cooks, and I dont have enough money for all my meals.
>>
>>40556079
For fuck sake buy a bag of broccoli or hound your mom for it. Not exactly a high price item.
>>
I have access to a treadmiplace though I never used one before. What is the best way I could use it for 20 minutes? Will there most likely be a good 20 minute preset as an option? My main goal is to jog after weightlifting (it's winter) and when the snow melts I'll start c25k by running outside.
>>
>>40556094

What anon, and just carry broccoli around and eat it all day long?
>>
>>40549749
So fit...
5'11
165 here

Pretty low lifts. But I also run and swim, and speed is more important to me in terms of my training.

Should i go on a bulk and cut later? I have a potential physical test coming up and need o be my fastest, but my lifts are progressing too slow for my liking.

Should I bulk to gain strength? Even though it would slow me down on land and in the water? Or should i just eat loads, (optimally I need up to 5000 calories a day) and continue training.

What's the science behind bulking and running/swimming, will my knees get fucked because of the increased weight? I know i will lose a lot of speed but is it worth it?
>>
>>40556164
Well you buy a bag of frozen broccoli, then microwave it for like 2-3 minutes in a bowl with a little water covered in plastic wrap. I have a steamer bowl for this purpose, but whatever.
>>
>>40556144
Put the incline on max. Set the speed to 3 mph. Do as long as you can. I think you will last about 6 minutes.
>>
>>40556188

But I am already taking supplements for it. The only thing I am missing out on is fiber from it.
>>
>>40556232
>But I am already taking supplements for it.
Sorry but it is not the same. Broccoli is like a food of the Gods. Even has anti-cancer effects. A vitamin is good, but it doesn't replace it.
>>
>>40549749
Its late, but nurse stopping in to say that resistance training increases bone density. Decreases risk of fractures. Also thickens connective tissues and, obviously, muscles. The overall effect is, as our lord and savior Rippletoes says, strong people are indeed harder to kill.

Practical application here mostly to help old osteoporotics from snapping of course. But good for youngsters as well.
>>
>>40551370
Most likely weak abductors, or not stretched abductors.
>>
At what weight should I switch my deadlift grip to inverse?
>>
File: imgres.jpg (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
3KB, 160x160px
how often and how long would I have to do fasted cardio to drop 50 lbs? I need this.
>>
>>40556373

Well the bones don't just naturally harden. If muscles need protein to get bigger and stronger what do bones need? Calcium? But doesn't that make the bones stiffer or something? Hypercalcification?
>>
File: IMG_7634.jpg (57KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7634.jpg
57KB, 420x420px
Are black beans a good part of a cutting diet, or do the carbs disqualify them?
>>
>>40553690
I am also interested in this, I want to do keto but im afraid of my lifts going to shit, and the potential cholesterol increase.
>>
File: goose.jpg (72KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
72KB, 736x414px
I am a DYEL who has made pretty eh gains first three months of actual lifting on GSLP. I want to cut for a family renunion in May and was wondering if I should continue on GSLP while cutting to maintain whatever fetid strength I have or switch to a BB hypertrophy program to max aesthetics. I am concerned that the crappy lifts I actually have will make a hypertrophy regiment suboptimal.
5'5" 19M
Dec 1st - Mar 1st
130 - 138lbs
OHP 55 - 75
Bench 85 - 110
Squat 115 - 185
Diddly 135 - 200
Barbell Row 65 - 105
>>
>>40550673
Some people are like that. I used to eat 6k in a day now I'm on 2500 pounds are shedding off. Eat like 7500-8000 it might seem like a lot but you just basically have to eat constantly, easier said than done
>>
I'm now 2 weeks into keto and i've noticed that i'm always thirsty.
I drink about 4-5 liters a day, before keto i drank barely 3.
Also: My urine isn't as clear even when i drink 5 liter as it was before keto with 3 liters.
Is this normal or should i abort?
>>
>>40553690
>>40556494
The first 3 days going no carb were like hell, the rest of week 1 i felt pretty weak.
The next week was completely different, my lifts weren't weaker and i just felt normal (but with less hunger but more thirst)

I'm 173cm and 65-70kg and i eat ~1000-1500 calories
>>
File: nice.jpg (44KB, 550x336px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
44KB, 550x336px
>>40555748
threesome
>>
I have to eat 2600 calories to gain muscle

can I eat less on rest days?
>>
File: tmp_13443-IMG_5189-2102899007.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13443-IMG_5189-2102899007.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>tfw Chinese qt pie gf

Good feels all around brahs.
>>
>>40556541
your pissing out ketones. this is good
>>
>>40556648
Thanks m8
>>
I got lower back pain coupled with muscle tension and pain in both my legs (shins) when I walk for more than a couple of minutes.

How fucked am I? Got a doctor's appointment next week but wanted to prepare.
>>
>>40556646
You plan on sharing or nah
>>
I'm eating an average of 1300 calories a day and I eat good meals and feel fine but I'm not even hitting 1800 calories which is about my TDEE - 500. Is this still fine as far as weight loss goes? I've heard that eating too little calories can be detrimental to weight loss.
>>
Are pullups/weighted pullups the best lat exercise?

I cannot seem to progress passed 8 reps or so (unweighted).

I started in June of last year and could not do even 1 pullup. I progressed over maybe 2 months to be able to do 8. I can do a few sets of 8 but they rapidly decrease to about 4 or 5 after that.

My hand width is a little wider than shoulder grip. I found a USMC website that shows drill instructor routines to get the out of shape recruits to build up strength, but I can't even progress the "add one every other day" routine. I just can't seem to do more than 8.....

How many times per week should I do pullup sets? 3x? Should I only do weighted sets from now on (I can do maybe 4 with 25lbs of weight)
>>
>>40556879
Thats a meme fatties invented, if you drink enough water and get enough vitamins you will lose fat rapidly.
>>
>>40556891
I do pullups 2 times per week but i also do alot of other back exercises like rows, deadlifts and decline bench dumbbell pullovers.
Your muscles gets used to the same exercise so switch it up regulary. (But i agree, pullups are the best)
Also: Keep your back a little arched when you do them, don't be stiff like a board.
I do 3xF wide grip with 90 seconds rest in between and right after that 3xF narrow grip
>>
How do I care less about girls?

I talk to a shit ton of girls at university. My way of doing it is just randomly going up to ones that look interesting or approachable and starting a conversation. Sometimes they are not having it at all and other times I can have a good conversation.

I am getting worn out of doing this and always having it go nowhere. I got a girl's number once and texted her, she didn't text back (although I'm positive it is her number).

I'm probably just gonna stop for a while but I'm still gonna want to do it. How can i prevent this, my life should not revolve around getting pussy, and I really don't think I'm unattractive enough for girls to think i'm creepy
>>
>>40556879
>>40556895
If you eat too little you could burn muscle, if you don't care about preserving lean body mass (and you should) then yeah its fine.
>>
how do i stop my fingernails digging into my palm when i grip the bar on bench even if i cut them right before i start? my fingers are longer than average; it's hard to keep going on the last couple reps when it's really starting to dig in and hurt
>>
File: 61g36S4l38L._SL1001_.jpg (122KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
61g36S4l38L._SL1001_.jpg
122KB, 1001x1001px
>>40549749

My grip strength is holding back my deadlift.
At what weight are these acceptable and what are the pros and cons (despite obviously less grip-strength development)
>>
>>40557263
Are you using mixed grip? Either way, start doing heavy farmer's carries too.
>>
So /fit/, I have a problem. I was raised with this stupid mentality by my folks that I can't ever waste food, IE we'll have like an entire cake that a family member gave us and I'll eat the whole damn thing because I can't justify throwing the thing away. So this happens with basically any sweet and I feel so stupid but I can't figure out how to rework my mind into just thinking "it's junk and you can't resist it, just trash it".

How do you overcome your own shitty mental gymnastics?
>>
>>40551985
Bump
>>
>>40557307
Dont even eat any of it. Let the rest of your senpai eat it
>>
>>40557263
I use straps for snatch and clean pulls. Also I used them once on a heavy deadlift PR attempt at the end of a training session. Other than that I use hook grip and double overhand whenever I lift. I'm a weightlifter and this is pretty much how everyone at my gym trains too.
>>
File: olympics-swimming.jpg (51KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
olympics-swimming.jpg
51KB, 460x276px
6'0 and 130 lbs spooky here. Can I achieve ottermode with swimming and chalistenics? If so, how long would it take me? What should my diet be?
>>
How the fuck do I stop craving chocolate so much?
>>
>>40557281
>>40557381

Mixed grip on heavy days (6x4),
Double overhand on volume days (8x3)

I'll just give them a try for heavy days.
Haven't tried farmer's carries yet,
but I'm doing shrugs every other workout (alternating bb/db)
Thanks for the input
>>
>>40557307
I'm kind of like this. Not because I was raised that way. For example I hate how my dad doesn't eat leftovers. Perfectly good stuff in the fridge and he'll pick on lunchmeat. I just hate wasting food. Best I can say is just buy less or focus on making smaller portion sizes. If mom makes all the meals then not much can be done other then try to wait and see if others eat it. Not wasting food doesn't mean eating it all right now.
>>
>>40557594
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter desu. As long as you're getting stronger and not neglecting your grip completely.
>>
>>40557263

At any weight. Use them as needed and do separate grip work. No sense screwing every other muscle over to emphasise your grip. This is pretty much how every strength competitor trains.
>>
>>40557662
>>40557594

thanks lads.
actually helpful advice on /fit/ is nice for a change.
>>
>>40557571
Get a copy chocolate bar and put vinegar on it. Eat as much as you can.
>>
Is keto worth doing? I'm tempted to do it but I don't want my lifts to go to shit
>>
>>40557958
I'm 6'1 241 pounds I'm down from 340 pounds but I've been stuck for a while there to clarify a bit
>>
Should I eat canned salmon? The protein/omega3/b12 are incredible, but I am scared about getting radioactive poisoning from the fukushima fallout.
>>
File: 1SaUlZ0.gif (2MB, 250x261px) Image search: [Google]
1SaUlZ0.gif
2MB, 250x261px
What work outs do you recommend if I want to carry someone bridal style?
>>
>>40557958
>>40557962
pls respond
>>
>>40556633

I'll give you an example of how I do it. My maintenance cals are ~1950 cals, and a 500 cal surplus puts me at a daily average of 2450 cals. On workout days (3x/week) I eat 2600 cals and rest days (4x/week) are 2350 cals.

Basically, just take the average amount of calories you should be eating to build muscle, and then eat more on workout days and less on rest days so that it averages out.

There's a calculator for this on the sticky that can give suggestions: ss.fitness/#macronutrient-calculator
>>
>>40558202
Does it really matter if your shit lifts get a little shittier if you're still fat? The "carb flu" only lasts a few weeks anyways if you make sure you're eating enough fat.
>>
>>40558221
I don't really have problems feeling bad from lack of carbs but I do feel a lot weaker, is that a component of the "carb flu"? I'm just wondering if keto is advantageous enough to do over a regular deficit.
>>
>>40558229

It's not, unless you're specifically cutting weight rather than fat or you have seriously screwed up insulin sensitivity.
>>
>>40558236
alright then, thanks anon
>>
>>40558229
Yeah, what's the longest period you've ran keto for, and what were your macros roughly like?
>>
>>40558247
it was a while ago and the longest i was able to do it for was like 3-4 weeks. I lost like 15 pounds most of which im sure was water.

It was like 10% carbs 30% protein 60% fat I think and i was eating under 20g carbs a day and maybe 1500 calories a day I frequently ate under that though because i was never hungry on keto.

my problem has always been keto being way too expensive.
>>
>>40551785
just watched that today, was a bit shocked
>>
>>40551985
i just do shoulders on deadlift day and arms on bench day
>>
>>40558191

Deadlifts
Clean and jerk
Rows
Squats
Curls
Maybe pull ups

In that order
>>
>>40549749
quick before i go to the gym.

what side should i roll to with the ab wheel to train what side?

does rolling to the left train the right or left side with the ab wheel?
>>
>>40558265
You were weak because you were starving yourself brah. I would try again but try eating 1.5-2xbw protein and have the rest of your calories coming from fat.

When I run keto I'm usually eating at least 3000 calories most days. You're combining both a caloric deficit with a keto diet, when the whole point of keto is that you can still eat and lose weight.

Also idk where your from but beef back ribs and chicken quarters and drumsticks are cheap as shit where I live, and with a good dry rib are good as hell to eat.
>>
>>40550941
how much weight should you gain when leanbulking?
>>
>>40557263
i only use straps for working weight but i also do farmers walks to compensate
>>
>>40558290
Sounds good. I already do 4/6 of those.
Thanks
>>
>>40549749
axial load = increased bone density

powerlifters have the highest bone mineral densities of all

>>40550187
if you can do that and make a rep, you're probably pretty new to lifting and are making all types of shitty form mistakes
>>
>>40558358

Second to third highest, depending on how you're looking at things. The densest (IIRC) tend to be strongmen and equipped powerlifters due to the sheer amount of weight they have to support on lifts, then raw lifters somewhat below that.
>>
>>40558311
i don't even know how you could get 3k cals doing keto, when i was doing keto i was filling up on like 1200 and had to force myself to eat more.
>>
>>40556853
Anyone?
>>
>>40558448
A lot of it is supplemented with shakes in water or with a few tbsp of heavy cream.

But I felt the way you did a lot too, so I would just drink shakes until dinner then gorge on fatty meats at dinner usually after the gym.
>>
>>40558471
The lower back pain is probably because of really tight hip flexors/shitty sitting posture.

No idea about the shins, are you a runner?
>>
So if I focus on "weight" loss then I'll go down in weight.

But "Fat" loss is the important one that helps show my muscle right?

Just eat a fuck ton of protein and less carbs and body fat goes down? And weight lifting too ofc.
>>
>>40558616
eat at a deficit, try to eat 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass you have. Try not have more than a 500 caloric deficit otherwise you run the risk of burning muscle too.
>>
>>40558547
Nope, I thought it might be splints but I don't do cardio. The back pain usually subsides about a day after leg day but in the past few weeks it's constant coupled but severe muscle pain in the legs.
>>
>>40558283
Do you do shrugs and calves too?
>>
File: IMG_20170224_153311.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170224_153311.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>40550892
Bro you are fucking retarded, you are just getting fat, not fit. You dont even seem to have build muscle mass.
>>
Ice cream fitness. Thoughts?
>>
Can I hit PRs on other days of the texas method if I feel like I can?
>>
>>40554745
Why is this everywhere?
>>
>>40550892

35 pounds in 4 months is way too much for almost anyone to be gaining. You're well on your way to "I fucked up my first bulk and got fat".

Aim for like 2-3 lbs a month. Any more than 5 is probably pure fat.

You gotta start figuring out how many calories you're eating. Figure out what gets you 0.5 to 1 pound a week, and eat that.
>>
>>40550892
unless ur taking steroids thats 95% fat lmao
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>40556496
>was wondering if I should continue on GSLP while cutting to maintain whatever fetid strength I have
Golden rule during cutting is sticking to the same lifts and same intensity as much as possible.

>>40556490
>or do the carbs disqualify them?
Just in case you're not baiting, carbs aren't a bad thing.

>>40556473
How long is a piece of string

>>40556633
Most people eat more on gym days and adjust rest days to compensate

>>40556853
Without knowing details we have zero way to know. Sounds like something I had when I took too much juice though.

>>40556891
Also see: Lat pull downs.
Best thing for pull ups is doing 2-3 every time you pass a pull up bar. This way 30 a day turns into bigger sets without much effort.

>>40556945
You posted in the wrong board but you're asking multiple questions and expecting one answer. Either way if you're striking out with more than 1 in 5 girls then you're definitely the problem. And if you're concerned about being creepy then stop approaching random women for sex- you're literal the definition of a creep

>>40557185
Pics? Sounds like a really weird problem.Just don't wrap your fingers completely round?

>>40557263
Make sure you're using a deep grip with shallow thumb. I'm having problems at 150kg deadlift and this fixed it indefinitely.

>>40557307
Give it to someone else or throw it away- how you feel about doing it doesn't matter.

>>40557571
Eat a lot of it or don't eat any of it.

>>40558309
Both, obviously.
>>
>>40550892
Why are you trying to get fat instead of build muscle? Purely out of interest, not judging.
>>
Why do some programs tell you to eat something every 3 hours? Does meal timing really matter?
>>
been cutting for about 6 months now

the past week or two I've been pretty much eating at maitnence, which I have set for my ideal weight.

Should I just continue on like that?
>>
As a beginner(2months), how much can I expect to gain on my lifts if I'm cutting?
>>
>>40560379
>Does meal timing really matter?
Eating regularly helps satiation and has small benefits like lower GI etc. Protein uptake is the big consideration though. It all helps but ultimately meal timing isn't of importance for most people.

>>40560446
>Should I just continue on like that?
If you've reached your goal, obviously. Otherwise no. What answer are you expecting?
>>
>>40560527
I have my maitnence calories set for being at my ideal weight.. Which would lead me to believe if I eat at maitnence for that weight, I'd eventually get there. Even though I'm not quite there yet, even if it is slower.
>>
If I'm doing IF, is it ok for me to shift the window an hour or so every now and then? For example most days I eat from 1pm to 9pm, but tomorrow for example it won't be feasible for me to eat all my required calories within that time frame so I'd need to extend an hour (then naturally fast an extra hour next day)
>>
/fit/ so apparently girls like rich dudes? How the fuck do I capitalise on it?

Family is filthy rich and I live well, how do I let tinder sluts know I'm both rich and fit without looking like a total fucking tool?
>>
How much weight should I be looking to gain per week on a bulk?
>>
>>40560624
That's only for cuckmaxing
>>
>>40560571
100% correct. It'll take you a lot longer but you'd eventually get exactly what you've calculated for.

>>40560578
IF is purely about limiting when you eat to eat less. Obviously this would work.

>>40560624
Drive an expensive car or otherwise flaunt the money you don't have, same as every other trust fund baby.

>>40560735
How long is a piece of string mk2
>>
>>40560755
>IF is purely about limiting when you eat to eat less
It's not though, it's about manipulating metabolism and hormones.

But sure, I guess it wouldn't make a difference.
>>
Hey fit!

My gym's lowest plates are 1.25Kg (2.75lbs). That would increase each lift of 2.5 Kg/5.5 lbs. Is it achievable for most lifts, or should I increase reps first before adding weight?
I mean for squats and DL that's probably ok, but what about bench, oph, preacher curls (or curls in general?).
Also, on the same subject, when using machines, how much weight should I had each time? (inb4 no machines. I use them mostly for lat pulldowns or cable triceps pull downs).
thanks!
>>
>>40560747
>>40560755
Which is why I never flaunt the wealth that isn't mine. This is for tinder sluts though.
>>
>>40560525
Depends on your form, the extend of your deficit, the amount of time you rest and sleep, among other things. Use the basics of progressive overload. Each time you complete 3 sets of 8 reps, add 2.5 pounds. You'll progress that way.
>>
How do I make sure to not have floppy skin after a weight loss?
Also, gimme tips for getting rid of striations.
>>
Is doing 3x5 to failure each set bad? I've been doing it and my improvement is shit.
>>
File: tumblr_nlqz8jo8Xo1rnojuzo1_500.jpg (47KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlqz8jo8Xo1rnojuzo1_500.jpg
47KB, 500x750px
Example of mom science or true food hack?
>>
>>40561039
>coom rice
>put it in fridge
>magically now has less calories

I've been looking at cold food all wrong, I need to start putting all my meals in the fridge before I eat them, I'll be able to eat twice as much and still hit TDEE.
>>
>>40561039
It's still a half cup of rice, isn't it? Then what the fuck do you think, nigger?
>>
File: 1477224822238.jpg (696KB, 2007x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1477224822238.jpg
696KB, 2007x1304px
>>40560774
If you've been lifting for 5 years adding 2.5kg can be too much to get a single rep out, but since you're clearly a first time lifter you will have no problems whatsoever.

>Also, on the same subject, when using machines, how much weight should I had each time? (inb4 no machines. I use them mostly for lat pulldowns or cable triceps pull downs).
Whatever your routine prescribes.

>>40560987
>How do I make sure to not have floppy skin after a weight loss?
Don't get too fat. Otherwise unavoidable.

>>40561022
>Is doing 3x5 to failure each set bad?
If you're doing 3x5 you're not going to failure, you're going to 5.

Either way, going to failure is always suboptimal.

>>40561039
There were two studies and each showed the same results. Getting your information from yahoo! health or infographics is 100% retarded but you struck lucky on this one because it has legit science behind it.

It's due to the starches. Google it and read the studies like a normal person instead of asking an a cambodian shrimp farming board

>>40561105
It's the lipids + time, not the fridge. Stop being retarded on purpose.
>>
>>40560762
No it's not. Anyone pushing that IF is manipulating metabolism is the same person that shitpost a IF for he same reasons.

IF is about limiting when you can eat to help reduce over eating.
>>
>>40560762
IF doesn't affect metabolism nor hormones. It MAY affect white blood cells in the same way fasting does, albeit to a lesser extent, but otherwise it doesn't affect you.

It's purely about food timing and helping to lower calorie intake.
>>
File: 1488116158938.jpg (58KB, 716x536px) Image search: [Google]
1488116158938.jpg
58KB, 716x536px
>>40549749

how to train pecs the best while deadlifting?

i know deadlift is not the best for pecs to begin with, but I'm not planning on quitting that exercise & at the moment my abs are bigger than my chest so I'd welcome tips to correct that overtime

thanks in advance, anon, for always providing
>>
>>40549806
>nice thighs

depends: if she wants lean muscle, then longdistance running will do.

If she wants bigger thighs then I don't know
>>
>>40561156
Honesty it's more like 5x4x3 because I can't do 5. Should I stick to a more controlled range?
>>
why can I do rows better on my left arm than my right arm?
im a righty btw
what did my body mean by this?
>>
Could I get a body fat estimate? I'm 6'2 about 175 lbs.

I'm just really not sure if I should bulk and get a foundation of muscle, or cut to skelly mode and then lean bulk
>>
File: IMG_3102.jpg (328KB, 1692x2375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3102.jpg
328KB, 1692x2375px
>>40561229
Whoops
>>
File: draft102529586.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
draft102529586.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
This is after 6 months
Can I start bulking or am I being delusional and still need to cut? I have wide hips as well.
>>
>>40561229
>I'm just really not sure if I should bulk and get a foundation of muscle

if you want to look buffed-up, then get a muscle foundation (SS or the likes)

if you want to look skinnier for the summer, then fuck off
>>
>>40549749
Where could snatch grip deadlifts fit into a PHUL routine?

I mean Deadlifts are Mostly lower body, but Snatch grip really hits your traps so it feels upper...
>>
how do I fit calf training into my schedule?

I have a 5 day schedule for arms, chest, legs, back and shoulders and only about an hour per session before work and apparently if you have no calves you have to hit them everyday?
>>
>>40561188
what

>>40561286
watching tv
>>
>>40550673
Are you an Olympic swimmer who burns like 8000 calories in an afternoon??
>>
>>40561285
You could put them into either depending on where your weak point is.

If it's going to be stressing your legs more, because you find it harder to get a deadlift off the ground than you do to keep your back tight - put it on lower.

If you have trouble keeping your back tight so it's going to be stressing that more - put it on upper.
>>
>>40561239
16 - 20% I would say.
>>
>>40561253
Cut more.
>>
why did getting /ft/ make me want to fuck traps? I had no desire to at all before

HELP
>>
>>40550843
/k/ reference to a shit poster who spends all his money on scars
>>
Am I doing myself a disservice if I go to the gym three times a week, doing pretty much a full body routine, then run home 8k and also do calisthenics on the intervening days?

I eat enough and have gained weight, also increasing most of my lifts, but I'm wondering that maybe if I cut some of it out I'd be improving even more.
>>
>>40561286
Superset with something at the end of your workout.

Anything upper body is fine to superset with; since they won't use your calves at all.

Just do 3-4 quick sets of 8-15 with a short rest.

Don't do them everyday though. Don't do them a day before leg day either.

I would try to hit them 3x a week.
>>
>>40561429
It's going to start to impair your recovery at some point.

You can do it, but you have to make sure you sleep and eat even more, and make sure your foam rolling and other recovery work is on point too, or you'll start to see everything suffer.
>>
>>40561416
Yeah I thought that too. Thanks
>>
>>40561429
>Am I doing myself a disservice
Only if your only goal is to get huge. That's similar to how I trained when I was younger and I was in great shape.

You're probably not lifting heavy enough though if you're doing a full body routine 3x a week
>>
>>40561253
eat at maintenance and lift
>>
>>40561188
wat

You mean outside of the deadlift?
Bench, dumbbell chest press, flyes and dips

>>40561217
You should stick to whatever your program prescribes

>>40561239
20-23%

>I'm just really not sure if I should bulk and get a foundation of muscle, or cut to skelly mode and then lean bulk
Cutting is always easier the sooner you do it and the results are quicker. You're also lacking muscle and new so gaining LBM while cutting is actually possible for you and should be your focus. At the absolute minimum you should bulk at maintenance.

>>40561253
Cut more. Also lift more.

>>40561286
I squat 4 plates and I've yet to train calves once. My legs look great.

Worry about calves when you start to look unproportional.

>>40550673
>>40550711
>>40550892
Could also be type 1 diabetes.

>>40561420
More testosterone = more sex drive = everything becomes fuckable.

>>40561429
Eventually it'll catch up and you'll have to skew towards one side or the other but if you enjoy it and you're progressing you don't need to worry yet.
>>
>>40561499
What will this do?
>>
I'm running 5/3/1 right now and I have my assistance work following my main lifts. I have bench accessories on bench day etc. Would it be better to have bench accessories on overhead press day so I'm technically hitting each body part twice a week rather than all in one day?
>>
>>40557263
at any weight you need them at, despite what the memers on /fit/ say, no one in the real world is going to give a fuck whether you use grips or not
>>
>>40561530
considering you've never lifted anything in your life, it will grow your muscles while losing a little fat

you can do another cut after a couple months
>>
>>40561530
Add muscle and slowly remove fat.
>>
>>40561600
>>40561606
That makes sense. Thanks guys
>>
>>40561388
That's great, cheers!
>>
When one goes on a binge how much damage does it actually cause? Cutting.
>>
>>40561801
none if it happens just once
>>
Is it normal for almost your entire back to be sore the day after deadlifting? My lower back, upper back, lats, and traps are all sore. My hamstrings and glutes are too but to a lesser extent.
>>
Is it normal that after I've been doing 5 minutes of
exercise bike my pelvis area feels funny? Like when you fall asleep on your hand. It's freaking me out so I stick to the treadmill.
>>
>>40562047
Forgot to mention I'm fat.
>>
>>40562047
Doesn't really sound normal. Try doing some warmups and hip stretches before you get on the bike. I have really tight hips and they hurt if I don't warmup, even when I'm only cycling.
>>
>>40562077
I usually do 20 minutes of exercise bike after 20 minutes of treadmill. It feels terrible since the area interested is sensitive but it goes away in a few minutes after I get off the bike.
>>
Is eating at maintance bad? I've sort of been permacutting and now I want to eat at maintence to eat more like a normal person and not freak out when I go over my calorie limit on several calculators my sedentary TDEE is anywhere from 1340 cals to 1400/1500 on the higher end, I've started lifting as well but I'm wondering if eating at maintance is bad because it's such a fluctuating number
>>
File: 1488216979757.png (349KB, 338x654px) Image search: [Google]
1488216979757.png
349KB, 338x654px
Is it possible to go from around 20%/22% bf to 13%/15% by June, or July latest?
>>
Waiting to see a doctor over what might be a hernia next thursday.
Should I hold off on lifting until he sees me and potential surgery?
>>
So...
it's already 5 days since i started to feel pain in pic related (only right foot), normally when i feel these located pain (in general) it just goes away a few days later, but since this time it isn't getting any better i bought Naproxen, and i wonder if it will kill my gains.
>>
File: 1389729837536.jpg (35KB, 369x450px) Image search: [Google]
1389729837536.jpg
35KB, 369x450px
>>40562559
.... sorry
>>
>>40555342
try NOT stretching before workout for a start... do it afterwards
>>
File: 4LeMVAW.jpg (868KB, 1562x4158px) Image search: [Google]
4LeMVAW.jpg
868KB, 1562x4158px
Hey /fit/, my best friend´s a fat poorfag lesbian that wants to lose fat.

We do C25K together and I´ve put her on this strength routine. However she claims not to feel too different after a month. Would she be better off with some HIIT meme routine full of burpees and mountain climbers or is the workout fine?

Kinda wondering cuz I always see the hot girls in the gym carrying around shitty 10lb dumbbells and doing machines, grills dont need strength anyways. Also thinking she might not be eating right or keeping track to notice but I'll give her the benefit of doubt.
>>
>>40562559
Is your foot swollen? have you dropped something on your foot, or hit it on something? It's quite common to split bones in your foot, it happened to me when I thought the pain would just go away after a little while as I didn't think I had hurt it too bad but it turns out I had broken the bone. Perhaps you have sprained something but it's a pretty odd spot.

Either way I think you should get it checked out if it persists
>>
>>40562630
1. a little bit when compared with the left
2.no
3.no

I do use an orthopedic insole, but for the problems with the left foot, in the right one i use it too just to keep the height balance.

Also, it only hurts when i walk
>>
>>40562509
You could do it by the end of this month if you starved yourself
>>40562443
>Is eating at maintance bad?
how can that be bad
>>40562559
do you get pain in that spot often? naproxen won't hurt your gains
>>40562624
>However she claims not to feel too different after a month.
What do you mean by this? She hasn't lost any weight? And most girls have very shitty routines
>>
>>40562788
No it's the first time.
i'll take one them, thanks anon.
>>
>>40562788
>>40562788
>You could do it by the end of this month if you starved yourself

Wouldnt I end up losing a shit ton of muscle mass and strength that way?
>>
Is it possible to do a hack squat on a leg press like pic related? If i put my feet high on the pad, i don't see why that would be different from a regular hack squat. My gym got rid of our hack squat machine and i hate barbell hack squats because they feel hella autistic with my long legs.

If no, what can i use to replace hack squat?
>>
>>40562788
Lesbff says "I feel just as heavy, I havent noticed the fat gone down, I dont see increase in arm musculature".

Im thinking she´s not seeing arm gainz because she´s trying to gain on a cut and noobgainz arent helping. Since she cant do a chinup I have her do negatives.The lack of noticing progress I blame on the shoddy tracking.
>>
>>40562898
>I feel just as heavy
So she hasn't even fucking weighed herself and you think she's serious about this
>>
>>40562927
Yeah, I told her as much. Thanks m8.
>>
>>
How do I fix APT?
>>
>>40563225
stretch psoas and hips flexor and strengthen glutes, hams and abs
>>
Doing dips hurt my shoulders but I really want to do them. I can do about 15 bodyweight dips so It's not like I don't have the strength to do them, but after every set my shoulders ache a little.
How can I progress into doing dips without fucking my shit up?
>>
File: 1486858375767.jpg (116KB, 1160x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486858375767.jpg
116KB, 1160x800px
>>40563666
Oh shit check em'
>>
>>40563666
don't go too deep satan
>>
I need help a bit of help. I wanna bulk for the next couple of months I'm aiming for around 3100cals (tdee 2650). But I'm having a hard time getting my macros just right.. Scoobs says to go for more carbs, while 'bros' from another forums say to go for more brotein..

According to the sticky I should eat 1+ g of brotein per lb, that would be around 171g of brotons (22% of my caloric intake).

I was thinking in about (c/p/f) 60/20/20 or 50/25/25 , its this okay or should I increase brotons even more?
>>
fun ways to do cardio? I'm thinking like skating or football, that sort of thing but I'm 19 and don't have a lot of friends, so I don't know how I'd be able to find people to play football with.
>>
>>40563940
I like cycling it takes more far than running and its not so boring for me, but I live in a hilly area so I can burn almost 1000cals in less than one hour, but if you live in a flat area it won't be much effective..
>>
>>40563940
Ultimate (frisbee), personally. I like rollerblading too, yes i know i'm gay
>>
>>40564078
I'll look it up obviously but is ultimate frisbee something you'd do by yourself?and nah I've honestly thought about rollerblading too it seemed interesting
>>
>>40549749
so I don't want to eat fish and meat everyday, what other legit substitutes can I use? No tofu, seitan or other processed garbage.

feels like I can't fill that sweet basmati rice and veggies with well.. more veggies or beans. Like something is missing, something meaty.

any foods or recipes that maybe some of you vegans/vegetarian can throw out?
>>
>>40549749
How do I build bigger calves? I've done everything. I now can seated calf raise 6 plates for 40 reps and my calves are still skinny. Should I work them every day instead of every other day? I feel like my legs would cease to work.
>>
>>40564099
Ultimate frisbee is like football but with a frisbee. Can't run with it, needs to be thrown, and dropping it is a turnover. It's fun and high cardio.
>>
Calorie wise, is it the same to jog one stretch of 30 minutes as it is to run three different stretches of 10 minutes each?
>>
>>40564099
Nah, i usually play with teams of 3. Any number can join in, but two 2-man teams is fucking boring. Don't need friends either, just yell out "ULTIMATE" at some bros, they'll join in. Rollerblading is really legit, actually. Get a good pace going where your heart rate is elevated to like 140+ and just go. It's great
>>
>>40564198
inline skates or those that have wheels that look like a car for first skates
>>
>>40564292
Inline, the others are meant for a rink
>>
>>40564310
you sure though? I'm watching a how to skate video and the chick is in a park area and is using those two in the front two in the back ones
>>
>>40564332
No i'm not sure. I was just under the impression that they are harder to maneuver than inline
>>
>>40561184
It does improve insulin sensitivity.
>>
>>40551125
Subtle kek
>>
>>40564399
well shit, if inline is easier then I'll get those, they look more hardcore than the other ones anyway
>>
Why do people do full body workouts when it's obviously inferior to split workouts. Full body is beta cringe mode
>>
>>40564399
where did you get your rollerblades? I really wanna get into it like today but I don't know where a good place nearby to get them would be other than just online
>>
Would it be a bad idea to start at a crossfit gym?
>>
File: Bait 11.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
Bait 11.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>40564464
>>
>>40564109
More weight, more sets and pray to your god of choice
>>
>>40564496
Dunham's, Dick's, Play It Again Sports, check the clearance sales! Got mine for like $40-50, MSRP ~130.
>>
>>40564524
If you want to learn bad form and snap your shit up. then crossfit is for you.
>>
>>40549749
>Skip running for a few days
>Awful runner
>Takes me ages to get back to where I was

Why does skipping a couple of runs make me so bad?
>>
>>40564533
Well fuck.
>>
>>40564556
Gym looks nice, has decent prices and has friendly staff, tho.

Meme presentation video full of DYELs:
https://youtu.be/kftXafUzac4
>>
How should I safely progress from 15 kg dumbbells to 20 kg dumbbells in dumbbell OHP? My gym does not have 17.5 kg dumbbells. I've fucked up my shoulders twice before and don't want to risk fucking them up again.

My current barbell OHP is 45kg x 5 if that matters.
>>
>>40564599
improve your ohp strength, it will translate into dumbbells
>>
File: 20170228_154424.webm (764KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170228_154424.webm
764KB, 1920x1080px
How fucked up is my form?
>>
>>40564590
Im not saying its terrible, but be careful if they force you to do lifts that look dangerous.
>>
>>40563666
squeeze your scapula and flex your lats
same as in BP
>>
>>40564590
>video is full of DYELs
>is it a good idea
Sure, if you want to waste your fucking time and money. Crossfit sells itself on a bunch of meme words like "endurance" and "stamina" when in reality it's just a shit lifting program combined with a shit cardio program. Why not just lift and run and save yourself a fuckton of time and money?
>>
>>40564638
Because I have nobody to go with and personal trainers cost a shitload.
>>
>>40564654
Bitch, I go by myself 6 days a week. Find a program and just lift.
>>
>>40564610
I can already do 15 kg dumbbells x 10 reps.
How much should I progress on barbell OHP before I risk 20 kg?
I think I have the strength to do it already, but I'm fucking scared of losing some stability leading to the weight crashing down in some plane behind my back :/
>>
>>40564654
>personal trainers
>for literally just running and lifting
read the sticky, Pablo
>>
>>40564688
>>40564703
m8, I can't just go, gotta have someone teach me the basics first. Too autistic to show up and just do my thing without being coached for a few weeks at first.
>>
>>40564724
Google and youtube m8 no excuse.
>>
>>40564696
you could always ask for a spot
>>
>>40563909
pls halp , shameless bump
>>
>>40564615

Not the best video for form check because it doesn't show your setup, and setup is really important to proper deadlift form. Also not the best angle as it's hard to get a good look at back angle.

The main thing I can tell that's wrong is that it looks like you're finishing the rep further forward than where it started (though this is a guess since I can only estimate where it started because the bar is already off the floor at the start of the video). Your lumbar is mostly fine, but you seem to be hunching your thoracic spine a bit. Push out your chest, like you're trying to show off your t-shirt to someone.
>>
>>40564875
Thanks senpai. I was mainly focusing on keeping my back straight. I'll post a better vid in a bit.
>>
File: dwaynejohnson_20110503205405.jpg (19KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
dwaynejohnson_20110503205405.jpg
19KB, 277x400px
>>40555342
fix your APT (anterior pelvic tilt)
>>
1 Upper Intensity
>Bench Press 5X5
>Overhead Press 3X8
>Ben-over Rows 5X5
>Weighted Pull-ups 3X8
>Forearm Curls 2X10

2 Lower Intensity
.Squat 5X5
>Deadlift 2X5
>Calf Raises 2X10
>Hyper-extentions 3X10
>Cable Crunches 3X10

3 Upper Hypertrophy
>Flyes 4X10
>Lateral Raises 4X10
>Cable Rows 4X10
>Lat Pull-downs 4X10
>Curls 2X10
>Skull-crushers 2X10
>Forearm Curls 2X10

4 Lower Hypertrophy
>Front Squat 4X10
>SLDL 4X10
>Calf Raises 2X10
>Hyper-extensions 3X10
>Cable Crunches 3X10

12x34xx

Does the volume distribution seem about right? or am I fucking up somewhere?
>>
>finally accept that the compounds simply aren't enough for my core
>try hyper and core machines to see where I'm at
>have experienced coach make sure I use proper form
>max out 140kg stack on hyper-machine for 20 reps
>coach makes sure I didn't use my hips
>barely can do half the stack on ab machine for 10 reps
>the coach told me that is probably the reason why my ribs are flared
how the fuck could this happen? and how do I fix this?
>>
>>40565220
When you squat do you feel it in your abs? When you deadlift do you feel it in your abs? Probably not and your lower back has been taking most of the load.

Try front squatting and box squatting, both paused in the hole, to feel how your abs should feel during the squat.

Try pushing your pelvis all the way forward at the deadlift setup and hinging at the hips more so you have minimal knee bend for feeling it in the abs during the deadlift
>>
>>40565220

Because you're squatting and deadlifting wrong. Getting your Squat and Deadlift up high will get your core stronger than any ab machine will, but only if you do them properly.
>>
I'm 5'8 and started at 135lbs with a weak as fuck upper body. After 2 months of SL and bulking, I am at 145lbs with some nice gains, especially the quads. My arms although bigger, are still spaghetti mode. Should I be adding arms into SL? my bench is laughable at 20lbs on each side being the most I can manage
>>
>>40565327
If you want bigger arms, train arms more.
>>
>>40565293
>When you squat do you feel..
Yeah, you're 100% right. Always had trouble getting my abs engaged because APT and flared ribs ie. shit diaphragm control/engagement/whatever. At the beginning my lower back was always sore as fuck, but because I managed to keep my spine neutral everyone told me it was fine.

The only time when I feel my abs engage is when I use a belt, but I always avoided that because I thought they would make my core weaker. Am I wrong on this?

>Try pushing your pelvis all the way forward at the deadlift setup
I have t. rex arms (they're each 2'' shorter than they should be for my height) so my deadlift starts with my hips almost below parallel. Basically go for a PL style dead instead?

I guess my main question is if I should stop training my lower back until my abs catch up or should I simply do more volume for abs?
>>
>>40565400
would it interfere with the main lifts or would it actually help?

what would fit recommend to train the arms that would compliment SL
>>
>>40565413
>what would fit recommend to train the arms that would compliment SL
Arm muscles recover realitvley fast and since there are no consecutive training days you're unlikely to have them fatigued for your main lifts, just don't fucking overdo it.

A quick superset of
>2-3X10 Curls/Skulls/Lateral Raises
at the end of each session should be fine for a start.
>>
>>40565400
Belts don't make you weaker, they can just become a crutch if you get too used to lifting with one all the time, they can be an important tool in teaching you how to really brace with a good belly breath

Oh in that case, just focus on pushing through midfoot, pushing through heel cue tends to shift center of gravity posteriorly and therefore load towards spine

I would put lower back training on "maintenance" and add extra for abs, never intentionally detrain a strong point if you can help it you know?

Ab wheel is seriously god tier, it's the only accessory Konstantinovs uses and his abs are jacked as fuck
>>
>>40565413
So fatigue manifests in two forms, central and local

Anything super heavy and requiring lots of full body tension and grip tends to add lots of central fatigue, deadlifts squats farmers yoke etc.

You want to create local fatigue without creating systemic, so take super duper light weights and try not to use much momentum at all, 12-20 rep range, get a sickening pump within 2-4 sets, call it a day

In the short term the extra volume may impact your main barbell movement strength, but you will quickly adapt and be better for it.
>>
>>40565505
Thanks, mate, you've been a real help.
>>
>>40565563
You're welcome brother hope the advice is applicable and useful.
>>
>>40565542
>>40565440

thanks bros, I'll get on it
>>
Am I never gonna make it ?

>first time trying bench
>only the bar
>3sets 18 reps
>fails at 10 rep of second set
>only the bar

Should I just give up ?
>>
>>40564638
I feel like it gets a bad rep from most of the super meme shit some gyms do like those gay ass pull ups. But most of the crossfit shit I have seen was all squats and deadlifts along with olympic lifts. And it is definitely more athlete type of training. My brother is football recruit and does some of the dumbest crossfit type shit you could imagine at his trainer's.
>>
>>40564537
got them, shit's hard but I'm motivated and it seems fun
>>
Alright /fit/, I'm in trouble.

I started lifting with barbells about 2 months ago. I'd been all dumbells before that. Found a program, started doing it.

About 3.5 weeks ago I'm doing my squats. I get to my last set of warm ups, about 160 since I'm still weak, and get to #4 of 5. And then I feel a tightness in my lower back and can't go any lower. I've had tightness or mild pain ever since. It faded a bit after I let it rest for 2 weeks, and then I worked out and it came back much stronger. Particularly when I did some crunches.

It's never reached unbearable, but it's certainly not pleasant. And I'm very worried about making it worse again. Doctor about 10 days ago told me to give it a few weeks to heal with NSAIDs, but I'm pretty spooked.

Anyone else have experience with this? I know it was a form problem. I thought I was going well, but I have nobody around that can check me or watch so it must have been something like that. Ive found a powerlifting gym nearby since then, and I intend to go there for coaching... but I'm really worried about irritating it further again.
>>
>>40557398
Yeah you can achieve ottermode and beyond with just calisthenics. You gotta know your progressions also at your weight I wouldn't care so much about what I'm eating but simply the quantity. Keep up the protein.
>>
>>40557571
Just don't eat it. Willpower
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.