[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Careers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 24

File: asmr qt #4.png (970KB, 673x674px) Image search: [Google]
asmr qt #4.png
970KB, 673x674px
What does /fit/ do for a living?
Does your job make it hard for you to actually be fit?
>>
>>40549044
Currently a State Investigative agent.
(read as: Fancy paperwork filler-outer)
Also have a shitty small business that nets like $300 a month.

Anyone here who have thoughts on how I would go about becoming a self taught engineer?
>>
Just got a job in commercial real estate, should make between $70-$75k. There is a fitness center in the building but idk if I'd want to get sweaty during work or on the train home
>>
>>40549044
Spatial Data Analyst
It's a desk job so I have tons of energy to lift after.
The office is fancy and has pneumatic desks that easily convert to standing desks.
>>
>>40549044
I deliver GE medical equipment such as MRIs, CTs, XRAYS, and PET scan machines into hospitals.
I stay very active at my job.
>>
>>40549334
>standing desks.

Is this the new meme?
I feel like everyone is trying too hard to make these thing look/sound great.
>>
>>40549349
I'm in on the standing desk meme. I made one for my PC at home using some planks. Feels great man, i've used it for a month now and my posture has never been better. Also helps strengthen your core muscles + legs, if you're at the PC a lot.
>>
File: 1420505588697.png (195KB, 315x476px) Image search: [Google]
1420505588697.png
195KB, 315x476px
How many of you guys have dropped/failed college? I feel like school just isn't for me. I've been in college for about 6 years now and I'm still a junior. I failed and dropped so many classes thats its not even funny anymore. I'm still lost in what I want to do with my life. I hate my finance major. I already switched majors like 4 times too.

I'm family is getting worried that I will never finish and I feel the same way. I feel like I will be a wagecuck forever.
>>
>>40549044
Police officer,
Today i was noticed of getting fired after 1 month, feels bad man. I loved doing jack shit all day and having the power to write tickets and fines :(
>>
>>40549349
Did you know that there was a point in human history when information was not spread in memes?
>>
freelance web dev, trying to avoid offices from now on
>>
>>40549375
3 years on the job, pay was average, but the goods were in working 14 days in the month, 36 days paid vacation and 24 paid vacation for study :(( i m sad guys
>>
>>40549044
Currently a student of Media Arts.
Almost graduated, working in retail at the moment.
When I graduate, my family has plans for me to work in real estate and property development.

Plan is to make fast cash and turn it into passive income through property development and then dedicate time into film making, art and acting.

To all the guys here, try to work hard in your 20s and start generating passive income by your mid 30s, then you can cruise in life.

Money is incredibly important in getting women, look at all the ugly old dudes with hot wives. The current prince of Monaco is a prime example of this.

Mark Zuckerberg is a terrible example and you can tell he is extremely autistic because of the ugly wife he bagged.

I don't like that money is the key to power and ease of life but that is how most of the civilised world works at the moment.

Good luck my dudes.
>>
>>40549370
Why don't you take some time off from college and see what career you really want to do?

I did college but I always image what my life would be like if I studied a trade like carpentry. I'm getting bored of being stuck in a corporate office all day.
>>
>>40549370
Use your hatred of wage cuck life to fuel your completion of your major.

Just fucking finish it. Once you're done, you'll know more about what you really want.

You must advance from this period of life to improve your lifestyle.
>>
Military, its a living hell between exercise and deployments to try and stay somewhat fit... As well as stupid forced PE that fucks with your training plan
>>
File: yum.jpg (78KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
yum.jpg
78KB, 600x800px
>>40549044
sales engineer

tough as fuck - always on the road and hotels mostly have shitty fucking gyms
>>
>>40549375
>today i was noticed of getting fired after 1 month

what the fuck did you do to get fired after 1 month? not write enough tickets?
>>
>>40549044
Software engineer

My company has a gym so I get free gainz
>>
>>40549418
Yeah I thought about taking time off and getting an office job. I feel like with that it will open more doors. I mean its a lot better than working in retail, right?

>>40549435
I'm trying to do that. I just don't find my major interesting anymore, so the motivation is gone and I just feel lost in life. A lot of people I went to high school with are now starting their new careers and I'm just stuck here.
>>
>>40549370
Learn a trade desu. Best way for big dummies like you to make a decent wage. Sorry you wasted so much money on a degree.
>>
I'm the master distiller at a small craft distillery. Not a lot of heavy lifting, besides the occasional 50lb bags of corn or barley, moving empty barrels around or just general shop maintenance.

Had a lot of chances to take better paying jobs, but I'd let those chances pass me by a hundred times before I gave up my passion.
>>
>>40549492
Well I went to community college and also got some financial aid. I only owe like $3100 in student loans, so I guess its not too bad.

Yeah maybe trade might be cool.
>>
>>40549167
Just learn 2 code
>>
File: thumbs_up_pepe.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_up_pepe.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>40549167
Certifications can go a long way if you can't afford to go to uni. Few of my community college teachers recommend doing certification courses online like Coursera to put under your belt. Pretty sure you can find a couple free courses engineering related and some others at less than a hundred bucks each and apply that to a business like architecture or some shit.
>>
Working in IT while pursuing an accounting degree.

Easily have the energy after classes or work.
>>
Sales manager for a large electronics company in germany here. Working hours suck so I have to workout on different days/different hours every week. Otherwise it's bretty good.
>>
>>40549044
chem engineer

not really, standard hours are ~ 8-5 so the only reason i can't lift is if i'm too knackered. actually i'm leaving the house to go lift in the next 10 mins or so.
>>
>>40549527
>>40549541
So I Always thought that mechanical engineering was the most overall applicable (slightly moreso than computer)....Was I wrong, or does the high demand for tech negate that?
>>
>>40549668
The job market for CS is rediculous right now.

My LinkedIn is spammed by recruiters constantly
>>
Air traffic controller

Not really, since I can do the whole thing while standing up and pacing around the tower. Also it helps that I have so many rest days from work, which gives me more time to work out during the day.
>>
>>40549447
>sales engineer
is this a twist on sanitation engineer?
>>
>>40549668
This
>>40549708
Computers will always be around so it's always good to take programming courses
>>
>>40549044
Systems Engineer for a railroad

>>40549473
Salary? What do you work on?

>>40549668
Mechanical is a good field especially for weapons... now that trump is re-militarizing everything (check out raytheon... I have a job offer there I might take) but I think the tech industry has so much more breadth everything from IT work all the way to EE.

>>40549708
I feel there's two sides to this. Almost every company wants software engineers but nowadays every tom dick and douchebag says he can code so if you're just an average CS graduate like me it does take a bit of effort put yourself out and distinguish yourself but its doable. I was able to get an in person interview with amazon. They're flying me to san fran in 3 weeks. I didn't have any connections and I graduated from a uni no one knows exists. Just learn how to sound smart and work with people the rest you can just google lol.
>>
File: 13159928_G.jpg (45KB, 288x360px) Image search: [Google]
13159928_G.jpg
45KB, 288x360px
Infosec genius. I make 110k at one job, 50k at another job, plus whatever else comes my way here and there. I don't work for less than 60 an hour. I got more money than I know what to do with, but still, no gf :(
>>
Teacher, well come next year
I am an expert at playing the bongo in the kongou
>>
I work as a Project Coordinator at a pipeline construction company. Good pay, great benefits, and I get to work outside.
>>
>>40549541
>architecture
nigga it takes like 8 years in this country to even start being an architect this shit is a medieval guild
>>
>>40550597
how busy are you with two jobs? how many hours a week? also why are you a genius?

well getting a succubus... i mean gf will change your opinion about money. id suggest pick up an expensive hobby.

>>40550641
pepper spray any natives? jk that sounds dope. i always thought it'd be need to be a forest ranger or something
>>
File: 1484071281756.jpg (382KB, 1642x1282px) Image search: [Google]
1484071281756.jpg
382KB, 1642x1282px
>>40550679
>how busy are you with two jobs? how many hours a week? also why are you a genius?
Not super busy, still able to have weekends to myself. I'm a genius because I'm 100% self taught making more money than all my friends and family without a degree.
>>
>>40550679
Every once in a while some people will protest. I don't think they understand that the oil is either going to be transported by pipeline (much safer. more environmentally friendly) or by train.
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 525x700px
>>40549044
Farmer
Physical labour everyday.
>>
>>40550720
>I'm 100% self taught making more money than all my friends and family without a degree
Noice. How'd you get your foot in the door and what do you do? red team? analyst? engineer?

>oil is either going to be transported by pipeline (much safer. more environmentally friendly) or by train
That's why I'm ditching the rail industry lol you fuckers cut our profits significantly. Also they consistently stay ten years behind in technology.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170301-122116.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170301-122116.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Fitter/Technician in a Mine.

Pretty interesting job, shit always breaks or explodes which I love cause I have to dash out and fix it.

Do 5 days on 5 days off. Generally pretty shit on my gains though, probably walk equivalent of 20 miles a day in a 12 hour shift.
>>
>>40550790
red team, and got foot in the door by speaking at cons and putting it on the resume. Went independent long enough for resume filler to find something full time
>>
>>40549349
this is a new thing, but I will never use that shit. Standing whilst working is for peasants
>>
>>40549370
6 years of college sweet jesus just fucking drop out
>>
POG Marine who will be getting into law enforcement after my enlistment.
>>
>>40549349
They're awesome, no aft'noon sleep crash
>>
File: 1486712257858.jpg (2KB, 106x125px) Image search: [Google]
1486712257858.jpg
2KB, 106x125px
>>40549044
currently unemployed

but i just had an interview to be an assembler at a local factory that produces products on a global scale

mite b cool

[spoiler]had to use fake piss though[/spoiler]
>>
>>40550790
Yeah I'd try to get in the industry now. The company I'm at is actually backlogged because of how many projects we received in such a short time, first time its happened. Also with Trump in office it will only get better.
>>
>>40549044
I sell jewelry for a living.
It can be stressful, but I love my job. The hardest part about it (as far as being /fit/ goes) is that i work in a mall with tons of fast food. So bad food is everywhere
>>
I drive choo choo trains
Shift work makes it hard to have a routine when you can work any minute of any day
>>
>>40551413
fuaaark i almost did this.

is it really as awful as people say it can be? on call 24/7?
>>
>>40549492
shit advice.

In the end all jobs suck shit people need to realise this. You will never want to do a job its work for fucks sake who wants to cut 8 hours of their free time to do shit for other people.

If you werent keen on a trade as a 16 year old you certainly wont be keen on one now. Talk to any tradie whos been in the business for 15+ years. 80% will have some form of injury they never recovered from due to their need to continue work and 99% will reccomend you never do a trade.

The trades are dying they prefabricate houses now and frankly the asains are willing to put the pieces together cheaper. I wish i was behind a desk all day i am so fucking exhausted all the time
>>
I work at Publix grocery store.
$11.00 an hour
Produce Clerk pretty laid back job.
>>
>>40551247
Cool man I did a lot of security stuff in college even went to NCCDC but I kinda gave it up because I'm not quick enough on my feet to do that red team blue team shit.

>>40551381
Yeah he's pretty good for business lol

>>40551413
What railroad? What do you drive?
>>
I'm a software engineer in L O N D O N. My company has a contract with the gym across the road so it's free. I usually go before work to avoid the tube at rush hour. The money is excellent and the people are genuinely the cleverest I've worked with. So glad I sold my soul to the financial industry.
>>
>>40549044
paramedic student and occasional weekends and holidays as a moving guy
in a way it keeps you /fit/ but it's not too good for your back due to lifting heavy shit with bad form
>>
>>40549044

> Asking what /fit/ does for a living during work hours
>>
>>40549044
Started a software company. Just hired my first employee.
>>
>>40551574
Cool mang. I'd like to be self employed one day. Are you service based or product based? There is one correct answer
>>
>>40549349
Got an electric standing desk. I don't really stand at it, but I can adjust it to the exact height I want it. Which is unreal
>>
Summer season trekking/hiking guide. Don't make much money but I get to spend lots of time /out/doors with cool people.

Studying environmental management, unemployed the rest of the year.

:)
>>
Security Guard, Photography freelance for fun and occassional profit.

Hoping to join up with the army once I'm a little less high drag low speed.
>>
>>40551587
Both. my employee is doing service work for intel. I am currently working on 5 contracts simultaneously.
>>
CPA

Sitting on your ass all day isn't good for being fit, can tell ya that.
>>
>>40551672
Amen brother. Get a uCozy 3D. You can use it to firmly massage every part of your body. Best $240 I've ever spent
>>
>>40550447

Not the guy you quoted but yes. I'm a recent mech eng grad and there are plenty of sales "engineer" jobs out there but none of those will actually make you do engineering work which is what's required for you to attain experience/certifications. You just need to know basic concepts and sell their shit.
>>
>>40549370
I was in the same exact situation you are currently in. I was an unmotivated junior who had changed majors 3 times and failing classes. I had no motivation to finish. I said fuck school, went to a trade school sponsored by my state which was oriented towards work in the natural gas field and now work with my hands, unionized, make prevailing wage in my state (close to $40 an hour) plus benefits that my company and union take care of. College isn't for everyone, wasn't for me, maybe it isn't for you. Nothing to be ashamed of. Get into a trade anon.
>>
>>40551793
How much do you make?
>>
>>40549668
Mech eng is the most broad so it's good in that sense, but yes all things electrical/software engineering are looking good and will probably only get better.

Source: graduating mech this semester. I tried electrical but did not enjoy it, and that's key.
>>
I am a senior Logistics and Operations manager for a Distribution company in Houston. I work typically 9-4pm
>>
>>40551989
You hiring?
>>
>>40549167
Tell us about your business man
>>
File: Blue-Bic-biro-pen.jpg (13KB, 615x366px) Image search: [Google]
Blue-Bic-biro-pen.jpg
13KB, 615x366px
>>40551993
Yes! Sell me this pen.
>>
>>40552011
When in Houston?
>>
>>40551993
>>40552024
Do you have a degree in Industrial Distribution?
>>
>>40552051
No, but I'm currently in a Supply Chain & Logistics program at college. Internship would be good at the very least. I need some sort of experience.
>>
>>40551941

Nothing yet :^) where I live mech eng jobs are rare
>>
>>40552073
I'm not really a recruiter so I can't help you there. I'd suggest attending your schools career fair whenever it is.
>>
>Milk lab
>Farmers send in milk, I test it for quality and sometimes disease

I'm on my feet all day but otherwise there isnt anything physical to it
>>
>>40552148
Ok
>>
File: 18k1sq4hgm9xfjpg.jpg (40KB, 300x292px) Image search: [Google]
18k1sq4hgm9xfjpg.jpg
40KB, 300x292px
>>40552162
>>
Im a bartender right now. Granted i make like 45-50k a year but going back to school starting this summer cuz its time Gonna double accounting/economics. Without school its easy finding time in the day to work out but once school starts its gonna be a struggle.

>>40549370
Dude i went to school for 4 years with little to show for it and i dropped out so i could stop wasting my money and figure my life out. Now im finally going back with all the motivation and conviction in the world. I advise you do something similar
>>
>>40550175
Civil or mil?
I'm in pilot training at the moment and I'm getting crushed under the amount of ATC regulation stuff we have to learn.
>>
>>40552444
How old are you?
>>
>>40549659
How do you like it? What do you do? How much do you make and do you think it's worth it?
>>
>>40549509
That's awesome anon. How did you get into it? I have some background in the brewing industry but I was thinking of applying to a small distillery close by.
>>
>>40551247
Can you give a brief rundown on what you decided to teach yourself?
>>
Coordinator at a fancy online clothing retailer.
It's alright, pays the bills and it's pretty chill.
>tfw got pic related for $60
>>
>>40549375
Maybe you should have done more shit and you wouldn't be getting fired.
>>
>>40549044
Work on the family farm and brew my own beer and cider. I'd like to turn brewing into a side biz.
>>
>>40551997
I unironically sell pens, I bid for government contracts regarding small office supplies :/

Found a pen supplier that makes pretty high quality pens and office supplies at a ridiculously competitive price.

Real Fuckin exciting huh.

>>40552011
kek
>>
I'm a cop.
Always looking to add something to my workouts or maybe a new routine altogether that could help in my job.

Would love to put together a program for cops in the future someday that involves sprinting then wrestling. Stuff you would encounter in the field
>>
>>40555586
Sell me that pen
>>
>>40555586
can you sell me this pen?
>>
during the school year i work as a picker at a driving range along with taking classes. boring, long hours, but it keeps my somewhat active and pays well.

during the summer, i work as a backpacking guide in the rocky mountains. tons of gains lost because i'm walking 10+ miles/day with a 40lb pack, eating dehydrated food, and not lifting. whatever though, i love it.
>>
>>40549324
What u do in real estate?

I'm a real estate private equity analyst. Just finished my first year and made $92.5k. Not bad for 22.
>>
>>40549324
hey man considering getting an internship in the field would you recommend it?
>>
Bike messenger/welder
>>
>>40555591
>>40555624
Literally what everyone says when they find out.
>>
>>40555664
really? i assumed i was the first person to think of it
>>
>>40551601
what region?
>>
>>40555664
are you making america great again? if so i will buy your pens for life, if not...

TIS TREASON THEN!

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1488328577982.gif (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488328577982.gif
1MB, 720x720px
Work at a welding supply/industrial/medical gas supply company. Not really content with the job, just need it for now to save up money to go to school... My biggest fear that I'll wake up 10 years later and still be there
>>
>>40555661
thats a unique combination
>>
Who here wants to hire me? Used to be a cool dude, won awards, built companies and shit but I've been sicker than a motherfucker for 2 years. Now I'm 23, graduated college and niggas be treating me like a leper and shit. Fuck this shit.

Hire my [black] ass.
>>
>>40555820
SF Bay Area btw
>>
>>40555820
Nice resume. Maybe go into more detail about what you've done blacky
>>
>>40555853
Oh you know won a national level media award the highest in its field, you know interviewed by and appeared in the new york times, you know built a company with three dudes that has millions in investments and 10s of millions more to come.

but nobody will hire me because I am a (male) nigger. im not even black and people call me a nigger in the streets. while i was sick, fucking who the fuck.

bitch ass niggas give me a job dont call me a nigger
>>
>>40555916
What are you skills and qualifications?
>>
>>40555916
What business(es) nignog
>>
>>40555930
Depends on what you're hiring for. I'm trying to get into User Experience work (that's what I did for the aforementioned business) but no die are rolling in my favor. But nobody knows what UX is they think it's fucking graphic design lmao. Which I can do but uhhh I'd rather focus on my craft not dooting around in photoshop making pics. not gonna help you get more users/sales bro.
>>
>>40555950
Wtf I'm not doxxing myself on 4chan. Unnamed business. Creating shit. It's Silicon Valley it's not (that) hard.

But it's hard being a nigger.
>>
Mechanical Engineer
Desk job mostly. I'm a hunched-over pile of garbage at work but usually have time every day of the week to exercise.
>>
>>40555916
Apparentice Electrician. Can be hard. like standing on giant ladders, removing old fixtures, directly above, with rusted bolts for hours. That fucked my body up
>>
>>40555971
>can't get hired in Silicon Valley cause black

Yeah. Fucking. Right.
>>
>>40555959
So why didn't you take stock in the company you helped build that apparently has millions of investors?
>>
>>40549044
22year old Russian refugee hoping to make about 90k this year via self employment. Tile installation is a good way of making some shekels. make 60k year last but only worked 8-9 months and was my first year going solo.
>>
Nurse in the ICU, kinda sucks taking care of shitty patients and their families sometimes but overall solid. I want to be a flight nurse eventually. It's kinda hard to workout sometimes though because my schedule is never the same and I work 12s. But I usually have have 4 days off per week so I find time to go.
>>
>>40556024
made* 60k last year.
>>
>>40555997
> millions from 5 investors

And more to come, Series A coming up. I'm not actually black you dumb white male >>40555995 so shut your bitch ass up. I just want to a hoodrat school.

I don't have stock because I joined them when I was 19, the founders, and wasn't the most business savvy 19 year old. also I didn't think they'd succeed but they did so.
>>
>>40556036
fuck you i created jobs and im dirt broke and get called a nigger. refugee ass motherfuckers. just cause im not some lily white cave dweller.
>>
>>40556043
>>40556051
You need to sort yourself out.
>>
>>40556066
Ban me then, guess I'm too edgy for nu-4chan.
>>
>>40556078
Dude wtf are you autism
>>
>>40556051
aahah the white man will always be on top.
;)
>>
File: 1478926658580.jpg (20KB, 292x219px) Image search: [Google]
1478926658580.jpg
20KB, 292x219px
>>40556051
>Wow anon you're a real team player! You're hired!
>>
>>40555984
Some quick questions for you sir
Field? Salary? Years in the job? and Satisfaction?
I'm graduating soon and had my work experience in oil+gas/related infrastructure (Aus)
>>
>>40556093
Nice buzzword did you learn that in gender studies class. I am a cis black male but identify as a white caucasian employed male but people won't accept me for what I am and it's pretty offensive. Where's my safe space.

I'm a drain on society because I dared to get medical malpractice happen to me and dared to be colored and male. Fuck me, right?
>>
>>40556035
Are you a male? Has the stereotype of male nurses gone away yet?
>>
>>40556096
>>40556120
If it ain't white, it ain't right. That's what my grand daddy used to say and he made me into the man I am today! AHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>40556109
J-just kidding, I thought the Oscars were uh-mazing! Wowww. Also sports are so lame dude, ugh I prefer to sit around and nurse existential depression. Ugh everything is super lame. Nobody gets me, but at least nobody can get us all together.

Is that better mr police officer?
>>
>>40556152
Lad, sort yourself out
>>
>>40556203
I've been yanking on these bootstraps but I'm not moving. help officer.
>>
>>40556227
A-Are you drunk? What's your major malfunction?
>>
File: anon.jpg (114KB, 579x570px) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
114KB, 579x570px
>>40549044
Getting s geophysics degree by the end of the year. But sadly got meme'd by the college system. Wasted 4 years of my life studying something i do not want to do for the sake of "sceience dugree > all derrrr".

After I graduate will apply to become a police officer. Really want to join SWAT in the future but I am 5'7 and still intermediately strong. Everytime I fail a lift I feel I take 10 steps back.

What do you guys think?
>>
Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering. Completions technician. Work 7 days on, usually 12-16 hours per day, and crash in a hotel. Then 4 days off. It's hard to make gains but it's manageable.
>>
>>40549044
neet master race
>>
Serving tables and bartending. Right now working doubles to save up for off season, but most of the time I can sleep as late as I want and still have time to lift before work.

Graduated with an aero engineering degree 5 years ago, is it worthless now? Tips for breaking in with no experience so far out of school? Not sure I even want to desu, but I'm still paying for that piece of paper and haven't used it at all.
>>
>>40556545

Follow your dreams bro
>>
File: IMG_20161127_221302.jpg (235KB, 1152x1305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161127_221302.jpg
235KB, 1152x1305px
>>40556120
I'd hire you for my software company if your experience was real. Too bad I don't believe you and you seem like you be a pain to work with.
>>
>>40549044
Embedded software engineer, work on unmanned flying vehicle
>>
I currently work at a winery, it's a fun temporary job.

>help make wine
>sell wine, make great tips
>work concerts
>Get paid to talk to people

I don't know what I'm doing next though, still in college. Having fun for now.
>>
>>40551259
You're retarded.
>>
>>40556138
Male nurse here. I'm sure it's still around. The only thing I get "Oh you're not a doctor?? Why didn't you just be a doctor?"

I just tell them, that's not what I wanted to do. When in reality I didn't have the grades or discipline for it. Still, it's better than being stuck at some shitty job with low pay.
>>
>>40556138
Different anon, am male nurse. Not many male nurses and a lot are gay. Having said that, it is a really good job imho, sooo many opportunistic to develop the career.
>>
Just got off shift. Work as a general duty police officer currently but hoping to go into a specialized unit. It's pretty easy to get a workout in either before a late shift or after a day shift
>>
Work 12 hour night shifts as a hospital porter.
Easy work, great pay and I get to sleep a good bit through out my shift plus I only work 3 nights a week and a fourth night every 3 weeks.
Go the gym on my way home from work in the morning then head to bead
Since i've started lifting and eating clean i've found it harder to sleep throughout the day for some reason.
>>
>>40549044
>Does your job make it hard for you to actually be fit?

Ugh. I'm a web developer, my job is completely sedentary. I take an hour for lunch to run or do cardio tho so there's that at least.
>>
>>40556138
I don't think I have met a single gay nurse, of that's what you mean.
>>
File: 1488398297089.jpg (63KB, 426x330px) Image search: [Google]
1488398297089.jpg
63KB, 426x330px
Carpentry apprentice: 4:30am wake up, arrive home at 4:30pm. Have to be asleep by 8:30 so leaves plenty of time to lift and train for rugby. No excuses cunts
>>
>>40549444
Bruh i fell for the green machine meme too... its going to be ok r-right?
>>
I work in the gold mines 6-6 1 week day shift 1 week night shift 1 week off its a pretty physical job with lots and lots of stairs.

Still manage to train 6 days a week for about an hour though.

Only get about 6 hours sleep on average and have to eat a heap to grow. But still making solid gains, sometimes lifts suffer a bit and it gets me down. But overall I'm still getting stronger
>>
File: 1459038008417.gif (2MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459038008417.gif
2MB, 500x400px
Just on my 5th year in the Army... i fucking hate it, its sucked my passion for life... im 24 and im no where near where i thought i was going to be, physically, mentally or financially when i was 19. Im scared to leave because ive lost contact with all my friends from high school and i have no real world qualifications... i actually had a panic attack in my car yesterday afternoon after i found out i was getting promoted again... I just want to open a gym and lift and ride my motorbike...
>>
>>40558936
What country/corps you in bro
>>
>>40558962
Australia, Infantry
>>
>>40559033
Knew it you jaded fuck.
What battalion?
>>
>>40559048
Fug. That easy huh? 6. wbu
>>
>>40559061
Bro you are literally in the promised land. You get trips and Brisbane.
Im in 2. I get boats and heat casualties.
>>
>>40551672
Move to transfer pricing anon. I moved over from audit and this shit is easy as piss in comparison to compliance work while being less of a dumb routine. Also, clients are more than happy to hand you PBC because you're actually an advisor rather than money police.
>>
>>40559081
7 Brigade is as souless as any other posting my dude.
>>
>>40559121
Literally been told countless times this battalion will never deploy
We train exclusively for the sake of training
>>
Tree surgeon. Climb trees and lift logs all day.
>>
>>40549334
You do GIS? how much do you get paid? What sector are you working in? And how did you get the job?
>>
Chemical Operator at a Polymer Plant. I make 24/hr plus benefits (8% match on 401k). I went to a community college and got a technical degree, Process Operations Technology. I'm 20 years old, no school debt, and get to ride the gravy train at my parents for awhile. Dupont shift schedule makes it hard to train 100%, but I still go after work everyday.
>>
>>40561470
How many hrs do you work?
Also what are the other benefits?
>>
File: 1427584158706.jpg (249KB, 799x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1427584158706.jpg
249KB, 799x1080px
Are you parents proud f what you do for a living?
>>
>>40561558
I technically work 15 days out of the month, but I usually pick up 2 days of overtime (1.5x pay). The hours a week are different, they could be 48 hours up to 60. Healthcare, dental, vision, most oil refineries which I hope to get onto have pension plans.

4 nights-3 off
3 days-1 day off- 3 nights
4days-3 off
7 off
>>
>>40550593
>Systems Engineer
The GOAT job. My mother was a systems engineer for a defense contractor and it is one of the best pay:knowledge jobs there is.
>>
>>40549044
civil engineer, self employed
>Does your job make it hard for you to actually be fit?
yes
I rarely go to the gym anymore. I don't even sleep enough anymore. I can sleep for nine hours and still feel burned out.
>>
i currently work at a restaurant. I'm 21 so its just a way to pay for college. I want to be a music teacher, maybe a performer. I play piano. I live in NYC so it won't be as hard as other states/cities.

My current job doesnt make it difficult since I work Sat-Mon and lift Tues-Fri. When I work full time though by the time I leave the restaurant I barely care for lifting weights. I didn't lift the entire summer becauae of it
>>
>>40561837
>can sleep for nine hours and still feel burned out

SLEEP APNEA
>>
Currently working as a field tech, making a bit over $30/hr and travel every other week, while starting my own business on the side. Typically four days a week off to work out and do whatever, and walking 20~ miles a day on the job takes care of my leg gainz.
6'2
10%
ALL NATTY CALISTHENICS AND FREEWEIGHTS YOU SCRUBS
>>40549167
Start reading books, tard, nobody is incapable of being an autodidact.
>>
>>40549167
>self taught engineer

Tons of courses online and books to read, but, and this is a big but, almost no one actually ever self teaches themselves engineering. Or really any serious science for that matter.
>>
I'm a recruiter

Effectively I find black people jobs

There's a gym across the street so o just go there right after work

Not a bad gig just annoying as fuck sometimes
>>
>>40562178
>Effectively I find black people jobs
Elaborate.
>>
>>40557729
Niiiice... You ever fuck a tipsy milf?
>>
>>40562053
>apnoa
never had that before.
I'm pretty it's just a very high level of cortisole. My body can't keep up with reparing.

wtf am I doing on 4chan, I've work to do
>>
I'm 18, studying agronomy at a rural college in Brazil.
I want to graduate as fast as i can with the best resume as i can, learn german and leave this shit hole. Also reading more about /biz/ so i can get actual rich
>>
>>40562263
no thanks we're full
really, right now is a very very very very bad time for brownish people to come to europe
>>
>>40549044
still no drug dealers? cmon...
i work at school part time, but thay's just a cover job.
>>
>>40562263
also you're full of shit
what do you want to with your knowledge of sugar cane over here in europe?
and your degree will be worth absolute nothing anyway.
>>
>>40562169
>almost no one actually
>really any serious science
You know what college is? People reading you books and giving you a rhetoric to follow. If you had the same motivation to teach yourself physics that you put towards figuring out how to make the highest gains and why, you would have no problem. Consulting with others and have discussions to broaden your view on a subject is fine, but it's fucking stupid to think you can't teach yourself something like that. I tested through my first year of Physics and have been self studying theoretical and quantum physics for the past year and my old professor recommends not going back to school at this point. It's a waste of money and if you need someone to hold your hand through the learning process you need to find a different attitude.
>>
>>40562284
>>40562317
hahaha
my degree is not useless actually if my degree were useless none of you faggots would eat
actually my degree is essentially what made humans start civilization and vegetables have the same phisiology on the whole planet faggots
and yeah i'm going to europe and i will take your women
>>
>>40562346
like I said you're full of shit
>>
>>40562330
>first year of physics
Wow so hard. You will never do real science without a degree and that's a fact.
>>
>>40562330
A.K.A I'm a dropout trying to justify it.
>>
>>40562367
please anon let me move out
i'm white, i'm not degenerate, my country is even worse than yours and i won't be able to have children in here
i went to europe last year and it seemed to me that /pol/ was wrong
>>
>>40562398
I think you mean
>you will never do "legal" science in a funded lab without a degree
Considering we've already built a particle observation and measurement program I'm pretty comfy buddy. Just because you're shit at finding the materials and literature without someone's coddling doesn't mean the rest of us can't do.
>>
>>40562435
A.K.A. I'm not dumb enough not to dump 150k into buying and reading books.
>>
>>40562477
Also known as having no scholarships while going to a private school. Average American student's debt after leaving college is 25K. Just because you couldn't make the cut, doesn't mean you're somehow smart.
>>
>>40562491
I got turned down for scholarships and grants because I'm a white male between the ages of 18-25 who didn't participate in school-related extracurricular activities, and they actually look at your parent's income until you're mid-twenties to determine how much they believe your parents should pitch in to help with your student loans. I don't think you understand how the American education system is right now. Just because you don't know anyone who taught themselves shit doesn't mean I'm not.
>>
Poor 24 yo working as medical scientist. Currently getting masters in biosystems engineering cuz I make barely 45k now.

How the fuck do I make passive income
>>
>>40556043
If you can't identify whether you were providing services as a principal or agent and how you were or why you were getting paid blah blah
>>
Software engineer

Most days I work remotely, so I have plenty of time to go to the gym.
>>
>>40549044

Do Camera Dept in film and TV.

Great job but do ungodly hours, no time for the gym when I'm working - on the plus side there's a lot of time off where I can get the gym in almost everyday.
>>
>>40562330
>I tested through my first year of Physics and have been self studying theoretical and quantum physics for the past year

/r/iamverysmart
>>
>>40562223
Haha yeah a few times
>>
>>40549044

Matador
>>
I'm a firefighter

pros
>such a great job that it doesn't feel like you're working at all

cons
>pay is so shit that it's as if you weren't working at all
>>
>tfw med student
I'm in the business of collecting debt and will be until I'm pretty much 30.
>>
>>40549044
I work in the forestry department in my home city. Doesn't hurt gains. Boss and coworkers don't want to work as much as I do and the manual labor isn't that difficult, if anything they go hand in hand because once I get to the gym because my muscles are already warmed up but not gassed yet.
>>
>>40557720
defense contractor?

>>40561702
nice. i like having the title because it makes me feel i'm better than the software engineers
>>
>>40549459
He didn't kill enough niggers.
>>
File: 1488397473928.jpg (1MB, 936x1603px) Image search: [Google]
1488397473928.jpg
1MB, 936x1603px
>>40549324
>>40555643

plz, how do i into this, currently learning how to underwrite. what do they want to hear, HOW DO I INTO
>>
>>40551334
Fuck you pog bitch

t. Grunt
>>
tfw I only make ~£11k per year

I'm looking for better paying work but it's pretty much impossible, and I've hung my last hopes on a couple of apprenticeships I'm in the pipelines for, as a vehicle mechanic.

I just wanna lift and have a family with my gf mane is that so much to ask?
>>
>>40549044
Construction electrician, it makes it hard to stay in the fitness lifestyle. But I like my job
>>
Paramediciner

I have 12 to 24 hour shifts, so on my work days it is hard to work out, but other than that it is pretty easy
>>
I'm a postman (mailman) in the UK.

I walk 10+ miles every day. So my TDEE is increased by like 1500kcal which is amazing for me because I have a fatboy appetite.

The negative side is that making leg gains is hard as fuck, believe me I've tried. My quads have lost size in the 2 years I've been doing the job. Though calves have gained several inches.

As a side note, if you're a UK NEET with no prospects, apply for Royal Mail, its really well paying for a non-skilled job, you get to work alone, your calves will grow. And there is literally always more overtime than you could possibly do.
>>
>>40563705
Paramedic* native autocorrect
>>
>>40549541
>can't afford uni
Amerifags and their shitty ameriproblems
>>
>>40558895
>I work in the gold mines
tell me more. Does it pay well? US? what's the security like to make sure you aren't pinching?

I've mined BTC and you make me feel like a little less of a man.
>>
I wash dishes and wait tables. Gonna go to law school.
>>
>>40563708
£10/h 28h/week?

>>40564238
>wash dishes
I worked weekends in a student cafe over summer at 17. Gained 30 lb of fat in 2 months there.
>>
>>40551546
also software engineer in London

what company do you work for? What's the pay like?
>>
File: pinkpanties.jpg (86KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
pinkpanties.jpg
86KB, 500x750px
>>40549044

At the moment a Pharmacy Assistant.
The pay is truly awful. Also not the greatest as I get to deal with the most irritable/miserable people on a daily basis.
It's given a neat perspective on how over-medicated people are though.

In terms of time to lift, my days are standing non-stop for 8 hours so my legs are in great shape. Downside i'm exhausted after work. Not a lot of time to gym anymore.
>>
Bartender/nursing student
Like 30k a year
No but standing for 10 hours a day kinda sucks

Good job pays shit but perks are pretty good. Free booze and always some new cocktail watriss. Word of advice always order a double if your gonna have more than one, make friends with the bartender, and don't waste your time trying to pick up the waitresses their gonna try to use you to get a bigger tip, an most are already fucking around with the other staff ur just some sucker they flirt with to get cash and humble-brag about some guy who just gave me his number. But overall good job to have while in school.

Whats the difference between a waitresses and a stripper? About two weeks.
>>
>>40563585
>currently learning how to underwrite

Kek.

Can you build a model? Do you understand the importance of a spread between cap rate and yield on cost?
>>
>>40549349
I don't know how these fuckers actually want to stand. I'm on my feet all day at work and I have plantar fasciitis in both

Landscaper. I lead a crew of Mexicans around the jobs plus I talk to the customers and drive and other shit that Mexicans can't do
>>
>>40549044
Game Dev here OP
>>
>>40549044
Full time student. Just got accepted onto a PhD
>>
>>40549044
personal trainer
>>
>>40565525
Matt?
>>
Software Engineer
We do satellites and satellite accessories. There is literally a Crunch fitness on the company campus, and we get free membership if we go at least eight times a month. Moreover, if we don't go, we don't get our health insurance benefits. I don't know how it works or if it's legal. I haven't seen anyone under the age of fifty who is overweight, despite being sedentary office drones in the heart of Clapistan. I first started nosing around /fit/ to figure out what I'm supposed to do in that gym.

It's not the absolute best gig you can get as a developer, but God does it feel good to show off whenever one of these threads shows up.
>>
>>40549044
I'm a student but I also have an internship with a political campaign as well
>>
>>40549167

Engineers usually specialize in web development, games, business software... first step is knowing what the hell you want to code.

Also start coding.

Also get a raspberry pi.
>>
Investment banking analyst

I haven't touched a weight since I started almost two years ago and it's killing me
>>
Concreter currently, doing a diploma in WH&S soon so I don't have to do bullshit manual labour my whole life.
>>
I'm a marine in a MAT platoon in 29 palms. We do jack shit all day until we pick up class.
The chow hall here serves pizza every day and there's snack trucks that park in front of the barracks and there's vending machines all over the place.
We ran a PFT run today for PT and I half cheesedicked it, half could hardly run because of shin splints being made worse by marching up hills in boots all day (I'm an East coast marine, we don't have hills)
>>
I work at costco and regularly want to kill myself. doesn't get in the way of me getting /fit/ but the crushing depression of working a shit retail job is getting to me.

I don't want to go to uni because of the debt but i dont want to stay at costco forever, considering learning HVAC or something. Please advise /fit/ im depressed.
>>
>>40567631
join the military bro. chair force if u just want a regular desk job
>>
File: ok2.png (29KB, 326x318px) Image search: [Google]
ok2.png
29KB, 326x318px
>>40549044
started a business designing and wholesaling my own electronics to stores.

>tfw I can go to the gym any time I fucking want
>tfw I still go before 8am anyway
>>
PhD student.

Access to the university gym for fairly cheap is nice, plus I'm on campus often so going to lift has never been easier.
>>
Biologist. Hate academic politics, so I run some of the fieldwork for a nonprofit. Doesn't pay well, but I enjoy what I do, spend most of my time outside, do a hell of a lot of hiking, and am close to good climbing.
>>
>>40562455
>/pol/ was wrong
/pol/ is right and your'e too dumb to see it

go to portugal. or angola or where ever, but please don't come to germany.
germany is tough business even for germans. you'll simply not make it here and then fall back on our wellfare. you will lose your mind and pray that you'll scrape together enough money to buy a plane ticket back to the shithole you came from. vacation is a complete different thing than actual making money and paying rent and shit. forget it.

go to portugal and live there and come over for vacation occasionally.

YOU'VE GOT NO IDEA! YOUR SKILLS ARE WORTHLESS HERE.

oh, btw
>and yeah i'm going to europe and i will take your women
you're a bit late to the party, don't you think?
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.