[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Empty or full stomach before working out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_inline_mhq2xhYRLg1qz4rgp.png (149KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mhq2xhYRLg1qz4rgp.png
149KB, 500x297px
If you are looking to build muscle should you eat before a workout?
Help me brother!
>>
File: 1479851938223.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1479851938223.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>40544110
>f you are looking to build muscle
then you should do both
>>
>>40544110
Yes you should consume calories before a workout just not right before you work out unless it's something with a very high hypoglycemic index like preworkout or pure sugar drank. You need to have the carbs ready to go from your dinner last night as well as some quick release carbs from the time leading up to.
>>
>>40544123
this ill eat some gummy bears right before my workout like a fat ass
>>
>>40544143
It's not uncommon but depending on the length of your exercise it may not pay off
>>
>>40544118
How do i eat and not eat before a workout?
>>
>>40544110
I eat two hours before I lift, if you eat a bigass meal right before you lift your blood is going to be in your stomach moving nutrients instead of in your muscles moving weight.
>>
>>40544166
try it some time you autiste
>>
>>40544110
Motherfucking fruit purée, bud. Either applesauce or those squeezable widgets you get at grocery stores. When I'm doing tournaments I snatch those up between bouts so I don't gas out. It's not heavy enough that I'll puke and it's loaded with sugars for fast burn.
>>
I tried lifting first thing in the morning once and I almost threw up.

I just go to the gym like an hour or two after eating a meal now
>>
Is a scoop 1 hour before ok for morning workouts?
I don't like to eat solids until after I work out, a good lunch afterwards.
>>
I eat a bowl of reese puffs an hour before every workout, I love the taste of them and the carbs help during a workout
>>
>eat a bowl of oatz+milk at 8am
>feel nauseous af after drinking water
>arrive at the gym at ~9am
>drink coke or any sugary drink
>start lifting

This has been me for the last 5 months.
Everything's fine except I get a little nauseous after my deadlift sets and a bit lightheaded after my heavy squats.
>>
>>40544123
Broscience

You're all pussies, obviously it's gonna be hard the first time. It literally makes no sense to eat beforehand. Out ancestors had to go out and get food before they ate and they weren't on a perma bulk fatass like you. Eat beforehand if you wanna be a fatass who isn't as muscular. It's been well documented that fasted workouts with BCAAs are superior in fat loss and muscle gain than eating beforehand.
>>
>>40544110
i eat a full meal about an hour to an hour and a half before a workout. but i work from home and eat every 3-4 hours so i don't usually worry about it.
don't go on an empty stomach, you'll end up feeling beat and too hungry by the end. at the very least have a banana or two and a piece of toast or oatmeal 30-45 minutes before you go.
>>
>>40544511
it's no broscience it's just simple common sense that you're blood sugar will be low and you'll also get hungry as fuck and demotivated halfway through your workout. i don't disagree with your last statement, but not everyone is on a cut man.
>>
>>40544560
You can bulk? It's about calories. In the end you'll gain the same amount of muscle just less fat. Have you actually tried working out fasted? I've been doing it for months and I've never felt hungry when working out fasted, heck I don't even feel hungry after fasting for 16 hours and then doing a workout fasted and I complete workout just fine; I'm getting stronger and staying leaner than if I ate meals beforehand.
>>
>>40544560
I've been doing IF for a couple years now and literally never get hungry anymore. I can literally go two days without eating an not feel hungry. Hunger is regulated by hormones and if you teach your body that it's supposed to eat at a certain time, if you skip it, your body will react by making you feel hungry.
>>
>>40544640
>>40544643
so you guys are telling me that not only do you mentally get used to the multitude of negative feelings associated with hunger, but your body gets used to it and discontinues the punishment? i've just never considered trying it this way, i'm 5'8 and 175lbs, and i get shaky when i'm hungry. maybe i'll try your wisdom out, or at least look into IF, i've always pushed it to the side as another one of those dietary gimmicks.
>>
>>40544668
Yes, the human body even at 20% body fat generally has enough calories to go several weeks at least without food. Refined carbohydrates fuck with your blood sugar and metabolism and tie the energy you have throughout the day to basically a 3.5 hour sugar/insulin cycle. Then when you crash as opposed to accessing the fat stores for energy your body tells you to go get more carbs. It's a vicious cycle that passively prevents fat burning while convincing you to overeat to maintain blood sugar levels.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.