[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fit foods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

/fit/, what are some good cheap recipes for getting fit? Pic related is all I'm good at. Also post food.
>>
Grains and legumes
> oats and nut butter
> rice and beans
> rice and lentil curry
Also
> potatoes and yams
> frozen veg on sale
>>
Eggs/Ground beef
Chicken/Rice
Chicken/Salad
Cottage cheese
Greek yogurt

plus what >>40544254 said
>>
Plz post more cheap protein
>>
>>40544309

I think the cheapest source is tuna, but you're not supposed to eat it every day because of the mercury poisoning
>>
>>40544354
>been eating 2 tuna sandwiches every day for two months

will i die
>>
>>40544369
You're already dead inside, so what's it matter?
>>
>>40544309
seconding this, I have been eating a lot of fish but even that is getting expensive for a poorfag student, anyone got some good foods to eat? I heard about someone who bought clams or something similair that were apparently very high in protein / dollar but I can't remember exactly what it was
>>
>>40544369

The recommended safe level is 4 cans a week IIRC. Not sure what the truth is, but I've already got a preceding head injury so I decided not to push my health to save a few bucks and switched to one can a week (if that)
>>
>>40544386

Eggs if you've got the calories to spend, milk and some other dairy items. Get into other meats and things get pricier. A chicken breast a day works out to a little over a dollar/day in my neck of the woods
>>
>>40544479
I saw an Australian "Catalyst" TV program that tested the mercury levels of a bodybuilder/fisherman who also ate canned tuna a lot and his own fish from a river that was deemed "somewhat" contaminated with mercury and other things.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/4415653.htm

They indicated he was within acceptable levels and that 40 cans a week would be the cut off safety point. I dunno what brand of tuna he ate because most of our stuff comes from thailand.
>>
>>40544309
>get a george forman grill for like 20 bucks
>buy chicken or steak or whatever meat
>cook it
>>
File: 20170219_180600.jpg (778KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
20170219_180600.jpg
778KB, 900x1600px
Eggs are always good.
>>
>>40544528
>George Foreman grill
>not using the superior Gary Coleman grill
>>
Currently making chickpea and lentil burger patties, shit turned out great last time so trying with a more Mexican spice mix this time
>>
>>40543891
My favorite: Spicy Turkey Spaghetti
>Ground turkey
>Low sugar pasta sauce
>Whole grain bowtie pasta, or spaghetti
>Cayenne, cumin, chili powder, chipotle or any other type of spice you like

>Put water in a pot on the stove on high
>Cook up the whole thing of ground turkey in a pan
>Add some spices, such as cayenne or cumin to the meat
>Drain the grease into a cup and throw in trash
>Put spaghetti in the boiling water
>In a saucepan, start preparing your sauce
>Pour in the pasta sauce
>Season it, add some fresh garlic, chopped onion, oregano, or whatever you like
>Simmer until desired consistency
>Add the turkey to the sauce
>Take off heat (or leave on simmer if your pasta isn't finished yet)
>Also take pasta off the heat when cooked to desired softness (taste a piece first) and drain it
>Combine the sauce and the pasta in a bowl
>Serve (Makes 4-6 servings, perfect for leftovers)

Total cost for me: 10 dollars (=$1.67-$2.50 per serving)
>>
>>40546096
Forgot to mention: I use 90% lean turkey for this. You could potentially use ground beef but turkey is usually much cheaper if you're looking for a lean protein.
>>
Easy shit here:

In a pan
>Little bit of canola oil
>1 lb ground turkey
>Season to taste, I use salt/cayenne pepper
>Cook turkey through
>Add 1 can diced tomatoes
>1 can black beans
>Mix with rice, 1/2-1 cup dry, depending on caloric needs

With half a cup of rice and the particular ingredients I use it's 1370 calories and 140g protein.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.