[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Put down the weights and pick up a book you meatheads.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

File: 1488262885147.gif (263KB, 702x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1488262885147.gif
263KB, 702x1018px
Put down the weights and pick up a book you meatheads.
>>
>>40538271
I love this meme that you can either workout or do other things. Turns out I can read, and workout. Isn't that bizarre?
>>
>Projecting: The Comic
>>
>>40538271
I'm kind of curious what the broader context for this page is, but not enough to look it up.

We all get older and our bodies degrade, but we don't converge to saggy amorphous blobs no matter what. The body we have now determines the body we have in the future. If you want muscle mass when you're old, you have to put it on now and keep it, because you won't be able to get it when you're older.
>>
>>40538271

For one I don't know why it's somehow impossible to lift for maybe an hour a day three days a week and then pursue other interests, I guess that's just too difficult

And two exercising most definitely helps when you get older. It can help with arthritis, osteoporosis, balance, etc

But I guess leading a "curious" life (aka watching Netflix and doing the same shit you've been doing) is easier than actually trying to have personal growth
>>
File: 1482063426849.jpg (8KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
1482063426849.jpg
8KB, 209x241px
>>40538271

> 380 BCE
> Not reading Plato: The Republic between sets
>>
>spending an hour at the gym means you don't have time for other things
>>
>Start lifting
>Feel my body becoming stronger and lean
>But feel a pain in my head
>Realize I no longer remember the 6 years I spent of career
>Gotta finish this set!
>Forget another 6 years of school
>Each lift is a punch to my brain
>Finish my workout
>I can no longer make rational decisions, I look at my pocket and see the tiny disks to pay for stuff but I can't count them anymore
>Can't talk anymore without babbling, feel attracted to shiny things and start getting annoyed by long texts
>Cry as I forget lifting kills brain gains
Lift is gud
>>
File: 01.gif (395KB, 702x1010px) Image search: [Google]
01.gif
395KB, 702x1010px
>>40538271
nobody ever posts the other 2 pages

1/3
>>
File: 02.gif (434KB, 702x994px) Image search: [Google]
02.gif
434KB, 702x994px
>>40538803
2/3
>>
>>40538821
you heard it here- a consumer choice, you fucking sheep!!!
>>
>>40538821

WHITE WHALE
HOLY GRAIL
>>
I read Harry Potter lmao
>>
>>40538821
>THEY think i'm fat disgusting peace of shit
>WE think a good healthy body isn't worth praising

Holy shit those insecurities.
>>
>>40538834
>TFW used to be broke but was able to work out anyway
>>
>we'll all get old and saggy

Muscle is health. The body you build in your 20s is the basis of your health for the rest of your life. Going through your life treating your body like shit is a sure way to make sure you're riddled with problems as you enter the later years of your life.

What kind of mind thrives being trapped in a sack of flabby shit? What kind of fucking idiot doesn't know about the link between mind, body, and quality of life?
>>
>>40539107
>Muscle is health. The body you build in your 20s is the basis of your health for the rest of your life. Going through your life treating your body like shit is a sure way to make sure you're riddled with problems as you enter the later years of your life.

brofist

it's also like saying "you're gonna die anyway so why bother with anything". A 3rd issue with his attitude is that if you get /fit/ when young you can pass that to your children, so the benefits do endure past your life.
>>
>>40538748
Nice one. I think it would read funnier if it started off pseudo-intellectual and verbose and ended up as Neanderthalese
>>
>>40538821
>anyone can get that body
Then do it you fat fuck
>it's not a skill
Switching the TV off and accepting that your body is shit and then doing something about it is a skill. Kinda. Also taking all the time to do research on form and nutrition and teaching yourself discipline and dedication is, also, a skill.
>it's a lifestyle decision
It's a lifestyle improvement*
>a consumer choice
1) What does consumerism even have to do with lifting?
2) Unless the author gor fat on steel cut oats, turkey breast, broccoli, asparagus and carrots, they got fat because of a consumer choice.
>>40538271
>I could go to the gym too but I'd rather [creative hobbies]
They better not even own a TV then, because any time wasted there and poured into sculpting yourself is a net loss
>noone actually cares
>but that guy's life is "pretty damn boring"
lol
That's cognitive dissonsnce, or "double standards"

5/10 got me triggered enough to reply
>>
>miserable and depressed
>Also skinnyfat sack of shit
>tired and never do anything
>decide to lift cause I want to be fucking Roronoa Zoro
>it sucks the first two weeks
>Then I start making little progress
>start to feel less tired
>become more social
>have energy and start doing better in uni
>read and write more things looking pretty good
>go out without a shirt and feel great
>get gf
>be a fool and devote all my time to her
>slowly lose strength, energy, and happiness
>grades start sinking

Just cut her out of my life. Going to the gym after work tonight. Feels hopeful man
>>
File: gameofscones.jpg (91KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
gameofscones.jpg
91KB, 480x640px
>>40538821
>people dont think he must be some kind of warrior chieftain
Reminds me of when a classmate last year asked if I LARP because i "looked the part"

>inb4 looks like typical larper
I just have long hair and a body that looks like I work out but is dyel by /fit/ standards
>>
File: smug-spongebob.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
smug-spongebob.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
>>40538271
>mfw I listen to audiobooks while I lift
>>
>>40538865
ty
>>
>>40538498
This, and fun fact people who work out are more likely to be disciplined enough to be more product than average outside of the gym.
Also fun fact working out increases cognitive ability.
>>
>>40538803
>>40538821
>>40538271
The thing that drives me most up the wall is that working out takes about an hour a day. One fucking hour. I go to the gym at 6 every morning, work from 8-5, come home, eat, read, spend time with my wife, and have plenty of times for other things besides working out.

The ironic part is he probably spends more than an hour a day on his ass playing vidya, yet he has the audacity to call people who work out "boring."
>>
File: C5s5pO8UoAAonLM.jpg large.jpg (104KB, 1024x727px) Image search: [Google]
C5s5pO8UoAAonLM.jpg large.jpg
104KB, 1024x727px
>>40538271
>Put down the weights and pick up a book you meatheads.

But I do both, nu-male comic guy.
>>
>>40538688
>Plato
>Not being plebs
I've a bad news anon
>>
>>40538271
brb listen to an audiobook while i lift pieces of metal and smash the poorly conceived idea motivating this web comic which is just a rationalizaton for being a fat lazy piece of shit by a person who doesnt work out and most likely doesnt read books either
>>
File: Warrior Chieftain.png (94KB, 268x310px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior Chieftain.png
94KB, 268x310px
This is what women really think, though.
>>
>>40539815
plato is one of the only worthwhile philo's

so few philosophers' way of speaking was worth keeping, who do we got? Plato, Hegel, Hobbes? Maybe Lao, and if you never reached those questions yourself Habermas?

I can't think of any other one worth discussing. Existential fags are pretty much worthless (Kirk, Ni) so are mathfags like Bertrand, so are religious fags like Kant, Aquinas, etc.

Philosophy is one of the least dense forms of discourse. It takes entire books to outline 3-4 key principles, and they often don't go through all contradictory examples, or conditions for summary.

It is basically wankery for the most part.
>>
>>40539736
>actually thinking you can absorb anything of substance during a workout
>>
>>40538271

I wonder if the artist has ever met any men who lift (and are strong)

on the internet
>lol meatheads I'm much more enlightened
IRL
>e-excuse me sir would you m-mind pushing the button for the 10th floor? Thank you SO much, h-have a nice day
>>
>>40539937
Well that would explain why you don't make gains
>>
>>40539912
>Kant was a 'religious fag'
oh boy
from your post, you seem simple
>>
>>40539950
honestly i can't really disagree with him

you should be doing non-active thoughts, as focus splitting cuts my muscle activation

>>40539965
i am simple. There's no need to worry about silly epistemological questions aside from wanking. I find it hilarious you set fitness - the most practical of tasks - at the same level as unproductive mind wankery.

Enjoyment is better left to fiction, and fiction has no need for philosophical diatribes. It can simply have its characters face dilemmas, which invoke most the same concepts, but with practical purpose
>>
>>40539985
you seem like a real tryhard faggot, no offense.
>>
>>40539985
>There's no need to worry about silly epistemological questions aside from wanking
That's just sad, my dude.
>>
I'm a programmer so I spend 8 hours a day doing (usually) pretty cognitively intense work before spending 60-90 minutes in the gym. Dweebs who complain about meatheads usually look like shit and can't handle a job more difficult than cashier at a grocery store. No one is laughing with them.
>>
>>40539965
do you even have a stance on positivism? that's pretty much the only meaningful reaction to modern philosophy's 'probing' of the limit to knowledge... Have you read Popper?

>>40540011
you'll realise how incredibly boring the subject is at some point

>>40540011
when you've read enough philosophy there's no where you can go, but bored
>>
File: LIT blown the fuck out.jpg (29KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
LIT blown the fuck out.jpg
29KB, 312x312px
>in 50 years we'll all be saggy
keep telling yourself that as you find excuses to not get into shape
>>
>>40540039
youve already admitted youre simple, now youre just embarrassing yourself

also positivism is trash
>>
>>40539940
>even in your fantasies, you work as an elevator attendant
Haha and I'm sure all the rich patrons' wives suck your dick on their way up to the penthouse to see their husbands?
>>
>>40540079
do you read any medical papers to support your lifting?
do you understand hypothesis testing, false positives/negatives and population size selection?

you'll quickly see how most of science is based around good model theoreticians and positivism, and that popper is pretty much irrelevant to progress or the pursuit of knowledge

being complicated is to edgy as being simple is to sane
>>
>>40540131
hes an autistic man obsessed with riding freight elevators
>>
File: 1475512767802.jpg (1MB, 4030x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1475512767802.jpg
1MB, 4030x4096px
>>40540039
>tfw to intelligent for the entirety of philosophy
>>
>>40540158
>do you read any medical papers to support your lifting?
no, i dont care enough
>do you understand hypothesis testing, false positives/negatives and population size selection?
yes, basically
>you'll quickly see how most of science is based around good model theoreticians and positivism
i study physics at the top university in the world, i know how science works
>being complicated is to edgy as being simple is to sane
actually kys
>>
>>40539492
Noted, will try harder next time
>>
>>40540181
how is mind wankery not the very best pursuit for the intellectual? it is essentially very very complicated busy work for the mind, it is an outlet for the intellectual

I'm just saying it is mostly not worth reading

>>40540195
>positivism is trash
>studies physics
your entire field is based on positivism - stop lying on the internet lol
>>
>>40540181
>>
>>40539775

Yeah, I spend like an hour and a half in the gym at the absolute maximum, there's plenty of time to indulge in other hobbies and skills. Hell, the two other most important times for getting in shape are meals and sleep, which are things you have to do anyway.

It's a lifeSTYLE, not your life.
>>
File: 1487714274059.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487714274059.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
I've actually been getting laid a LOT more since I've been getting leaner and more "jacked" (according to my peers).
It's not a 0 sum game where doing one activity bars you from others. sure there's a limited amount of time in a day, but your days are not completely filled with that one thing. I lift, study, socialize, read, watch films... just plan your days ffs.
>>
>>40540234
>he thinks you need to be a scientific realist to study physics
wew
>>
>>40538271
>>40538271
>not doing both
>>
>>40538271
>you'll just look old and saggy when you're older, why put in effort now?

Also
>trying so hard to justify your inability to stay in shape that you make a comic about it
>>
>>40539879
>Wow that guy is really strong. He would look great in photos to impress all the other girls in my social nrtwork, which is what I really care about.

Ftfy.
>>
File: 1482795849051.jpg (65KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1482795849051.jpg
65KB, 728x546px
>>40540181
Nihilism is philosophy, though?
>>
File: books.jpg (426KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
426KB, 960x1280px
>>40538271
Alright, I got some books
>>
>>40538271
tnx just picked up a book and it's back down again
>>
>implying you have to choose one or the other

Stay small, weak and stupid
>>
>>40538271
I listen to Hardcore History while lifting. So fuck all these nerds making excuses.
>>
>That guy who reads a book between sets
>>
>>40540181
But not intelligent enough for grammar.
>>
File: hostile_chirping.jpg (43KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
hostile_chirping.jpg
43KB, 405x600px
>>40541919
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>40541919
>unironically being new
>>
>>40540131
>even in your fantasies, you work as an elevator attendant

You only ever ask attendants to press your floor in a packed elevator?
>>
>>40541861

mah nigga, I loved the WWI podcast he did (also listened to it while lifting).

Any good documentaries on Netflix or Amazon Prime? I have a home gym so I can watch what I want. Last thing I watched was an Empires documentary on ancient Greece, narrated by Liam Neeson, was just lovely.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.