[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 41

File: 10_Facts_Viking_Warfare_3.jpg (55KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
10_Facts_Viking_Warfare_3.jpg
55KB, 770x513px
HIIT vs LISS. Which is superior in terms of everything?

Shield wall edn.
>>
HIIT for burning fat and sprints, more useful during cutting or if you're interested in a sport where you need to be able to sprint a greater distance or at a greater speed.
LIIS for increasing cardiovascular endurance and not wanting to put a bullet in your temple, more useful during bulk.

Never cut out either, cardio is good for you and you should always do both. Though just adjust the amount you do either for your goals.
>>
I'm doing an ABCABCx PPL split right now. This is actually hilarious, but my butt is big in my pants and it kinda looks weird. Also, my biceps and triceps have been lacking a little. So, I was thinking about switching my routine to ABCDABx where D is an arm day. Watchu niBBas think?
>>
>>40538207
> tfw you're doing a shield wall and take an arrow to the knee

what is the basic difference between working for gains vs strength?
I feel like I've gained a ton strength, increased weights over the months but barely got any mass, still look puny
>>
>>40538477
bonus question: doesn't that wipe your legs / impede recovery from the strength training?
>>
>>40538733
Arrows usually come in an arc so the legs are pretty safe.
Do more reps with less weight for more size. Less reps at high weight for strength.
>>
>>40538207
>clearly visible grain on the shields

it's like you want me to bash right through you
>>
File: PectoralImplants (1).jpg (24KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
PectoralImplants (1).jpg
24KB, 350x300px
So I'm currently having some injury issues with weighted dips.

About two months ago, I tore something at the top of my bicep (pic related) when I was at the bottom position of the dip. Sharp pain straight away, couldn't even do a BW rep after that. I rested it, and I was more or less back at my previous working weight after about a month. Since the recovery, I've been warming up more before I start adding pl8s to my dips.

Last week, I injured myself AGAIN doing weighted dips, and it is in the SAME region. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as last time, so today I managed to work up to 30kg which was okay.

What gives? To get injured in the same region twice in the space of two months is fucking annoying, so do you think it's just as simple as not warming up enough? Or are there some exercises I can do to strengthen the area?

Any help would be amazing, and apologies for the blog post.
>>
File: 1488240014982.png (298KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1488240014982.png
298KB, 500x499px
I'm wondering what is the best way to loose stomach fat.

Should I just continue to do HIIT every gym session, or is there a more effective exercise.
>>
I've been doing SL5x5 since December. The lifts are getting pretty difficult for me, and I'm getting to the point where I have to do each weight at least twice before progressing.
I want to start cutting, but will I be wasting my time staying with SL while I do so if I'm already having such a hard time? Considering switching to a PHUL for the cut period.
>>
>>40539138
Hiit every day is going to cause a fuck ton of stress and will do the opposite of make you lose weight. And it will get you fit, but it's shit for burning calories compared to liss.

Liss can't be done long enough by the average person to burn off a big belly. It's a good way to help lose weight, but it's not the thing that will be the major deciding factor.

Want to know what will help you lose weight? NEAT.
None
Exercise
Activity
Thermogenisis.

AKA Get off your ass and do something. Sit and lay down as little as possible. Play active games and do something active.
Cook stuff by hand. Any time you have the opportunity to be physically active you do it.
>>
>>40539138
Stomach fat is all over fat. Spot reduction doesn't exist. Eat at a deficit and continue HIIT.
>>
>>40538207
What if I stop doing bench and just do OHP, chins, squats, and deads?
>>
>>40538792
Not unless you do it too heavily.
>>
>>40539213
Then you're gonna have a tiny chest. The fuck you think?
>>
>>40538477
>HIIT LIIS
can you elaborate for me anon, high intensity vs low intensity?
>>
I'm currently doing strong lifts and managed to get 1x5 on deadlift but think on the 4/5th rep my form could of dropped (legs rise slightly earlier so strain put on back) as far as I'm aware the first three were 'well performed'. Thinking of moving
Up weight but trying to film myself to see how I do
>>
>>40539576
Yes, high intensity interval training vs low intensity long and slow.I forget what the acronym means

Think doing ten 20 second sprints with walking in between, vs slowly running for 5 miles
>>
>>40539458
Would it be that bad?
>>
>>40539213
Completly ok.
Do push ups to have the movement; but it is completly fine.
>>
>>40539600
Film yourself!
You struggle and you want to move up?
>>
Im 180 pounds of mostly fat. I struggle doing body weight exercises like push ups. Should I bother doing incline pushups, or will lifting weights be a more efficient way to see improvement there?
>>
>>40539739
Go to a gym.
>>
On the rowing machine when I extend my legs my balls get stuck under my thighs and eventually pop up. It doesn't really hurt but over time they get a little sensitive from constantly rearranging from bottom to top. Any way to fix this? Is it time to invest in whitey tighties? Maybe a jock strap?
>>
>>40539739
Start with bodyweightstuff and get gym/kettlebell/dumbells; whatever.

Just doing some strength plan with resistance and eating ok is good for most goals.

(Good thing about bodyweight stuff is, it's easier when you get less fat)
>>
>>40539827
Thight underwear
>>
>>40539723

You're supposed to up weight...
>>
>>40539739
doesn't matter dude, just do stuff that your body struggles with

honestly struggling with push ups is good, wish they were harder for me. you can make some real muscle if you struggle with push-ups and just push thru it
>>
File: DSC_0042.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0042.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Does anyone have any info on my grandpas old belt? I've been using it and want to get a new one but it doesn't have a brand name or anything, the words look custom etched so I don't think that's a clue
>>
guys i need some conditioning exercise ideas
the problem is my gym doesn't have sleds/tyres, and i like strongman-type stuff
wat do?
at the moment i have some ideas like
farmers walks (with dumbbells)
kettlebell swings
???

basically i want something to do at the end of my lifting session or even on the days i don't lift, that won't mess up my recovery
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
Guys, I'm retarded.

How do I calculate how many days needed to cut to reach a certain bf%.

I've managed to do it before, but I forgot how to and even what values I need for it.
>>
>>40538207
LISS is the most muscle sparing
HIIT is the most test/gh boosting
>>
>>40539953
1lb of fat = 3500 kcal, meaning you need to expend 3500kcal more than you eat to lose 1lb of fat
if you're 200lbs and you know your bodyfat%, you know how much fat you have on you.
let's say you're 200lbs, 20% fat. 20% of 200 is 40, so you have 40lbs on you.

go from there, figure it out, it's all rough estimates anyways
>>
>>40538477
Thanks that was very clear. HIIT has always been my preference.

>>40538733
I'm no expert but if you cut you'd probably look really lean , and have that sort of aesthetic.

>Tfw you take an arrow to the knee, flail to the ground and merely watch as the whole shield wall falls apart
>>
>>40539992
Thanks man!
>>
>>40539953
You can't.
The problem is that as you drop weight your body will become smaller and the weight as percentage points will drop to smaller and smaller numbers.

It's just a fun little mathmatical thing to do. Not really useful in the long run.
>>
How much weight in squat does the +10 every workout rule come to a halt? I'm at 2pl8 right now and I'm finding it difficult to progress by a lot
>>
anyone got the gif when there are 2 guys one drops the soap and it writes /fit/
>>
>>40540142
Depends on bodyweight and height imo, I'm 62kg and started stalling around lmao3pl8 but I've seen a 94kg guy take noob gains to 4pl8
>>
Is there any dangers of proper form leg presses beside "you neglect your backside" (which squats do anyway)?

And can I leg press every other day much like squats to try and get my neglected quads up to par?
>>
Are people going to think I'm gay if I do glute bridges in a commercial gym? Two bro lifters I've known since highschool already tried to talk me out of doing squats 2-3 times a week because it's a women's exercise.
>>
>>40538207
A little bit of shoulder pain when locking out on overhead press and when I have to hold the bar for squats. Has only been present for 4 days. What do?

I already do face pulls 3x a week so I thought my shoulders should be pretty safe despite all the pressing I do, but I think I fucked something up during the bench press last week. I probably shouldn't have grinded so hard for the last rep but I wanted to get a new PR 10RM.
>>
>>40540282
no
yes
>>40540328
why the fuck do you care what others think of you
>>
>>40540381
stick or resistance band shoulder dislocations 3x20 before each and every workout, and maybe some in between sets of pressing movements
also, take a break, deload, or just lift lighter for a few days
>>
>>40539953
That girl looks exactly like my former high school crush. I bet she's a total whore today.
>>
>>40540328
it's not like girls don't like a nice butt on guys
>>
>>40540328
Probably. Who the fuck cares though?

I'm up to 340 3x10 for glute bridges and they are an amazing compound. Squats and deads have nothing on them.

You can move even more weight by a lot with hip thrusts and are more effective but are hard to get into position for.

If anyone looks at you, just stare into their eyes as you thrust the weight up.

And if you really want to look like a fag, do good mornings like I do right after them to try and hit the hams even more. Also great lower back exercise if you're wary about doing deads.
>>
>>40539906
You also need 5 solid reps before going up
>>
Is it fine that Im doing skullcrushers with a straight bar? the ez bar hurts my wrist for some reason
>>
>>40540461
yes
>>
What would happen if I exchanged one of my leg days for a dedicated arm day in my PPLPPLx? Arms are lacking
>>
>>40540399
I have resistance bands at home and just tried this. What kind of witch magic is this? The pain pretty has much disappeared already when I tried doing the lockout motion right now. Thanks. I'll start including these into my prehab training along with face pulls.
>>
How do you work your lower pec? My pecs just don't seem to have that like cup kind of thing on the bottom if you know what I am talking about.
>>
>>40540469
thanks desu
>>
>>40540382
>>40540436
>>40540450
Yeah, I guess. I shouldn't really care.
>>
>>40539949
Three ideas:
Bodyweight circut
Stuart mcGills Farmer Walk
(Waiter, Rack, Suitcase)
Just farmer walks
Or try to hit the 100 in something easy with less sets possible (Kb Swing s, Bodyweight squats, incline Pushups etc.)
>>
>>40540474
i had shoulder problems for years, and tried everything from reverse flys, facepulls, stretching of pecs/front delts, ice, warm packs, you name it.

the only two things that have helped were shitloads of shoulder dislocations and ocasional bar dead hangs (you just grab a pullup bar and let your body hang from it; rest and repeat x5)

do the dead hangs when your shoulder feels clicky, or just not right, or sore, and dislocations aren't helping, and yep its almost like magic

you're welcome my man
>>
>>40540487
Dips, decline bench.

Weighted dips though. Force yourself to do it every push or bench day or whatever the fuck you do.

Bench, OHP, and weighted dips every push are great for pec strength.
>>
>>40540487
Dips, Squeezed Push ups and decline press
>>
>>40540487
It might be genetics or your chest is just small in general. A picture would help to determine it.

In any case, the best exercises for lower chest are probably dips and decline bench press. Basically pressing motions where you press down. Triceps Pushdowns with bad form probably also target the lower chest pretty well.
>>
>>40540513
good ideas anon, thanks
>>
I'm 18.5 yrs old, 5'11, 15-20% bodyfat (best guess)

Went through some shit in late October, only just returned to the gym now, pretty much at stage 0

Have gained weight but not muscle, so I'm assuming this is all fat - maybe 2kg of fat gained (bw 74kg)

Is it worth doing a full 3000kcal bulking diet now or maintenance to try and get a little leaner before doing a clean bulk?
>>
>>40540872
cut > clean bulk is your best option imo
>>
Can anyone Reccomend a dumbbell routine or tell me a way to find one?
Cheers lads.
>>
>>40540896
Reason I was considering maintenance over cut is that I'm not carrying much muscle right now, lost all muh gains since October

At end of October I was roughly benching 60kg, Squatting 90 (could have done more, deliberately witheld it to try and balance upper body strength, my legs always outgrow it), OHP 40kg, dont remember diddylift
>>
>>40540923
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/zc0uy/a_beginner_dumbbell_program_the_dumbbell_stopgap/

or

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2e79y4/dumbbell_ppl_proposed_alternative_to_dumbbell/
>>
>>40540932
yeah but if you bulk now you'll get stronger but you'll also get even fatter, thus having more weight to cut later

idk you choose, its your body
>>
>>40540964
my dude if i was doing what i want with my body i'd be dead or hanging off a rope

i want to find the best route to getting swole
>>
>>40538984
I get the same thing. Pretty sure its a rotator cuff/impingement issue. Dont push it. Last time I fucked myself doing dips my left arm was numb for a week. ALWAYS warm up before dips, personally I do it as a second exercise because going in cold is how I always snap my shit up.
>>
>>40538207

Tell me why I shouldn't do 1500cal/day weeks every other week? I'm currently cutting at 2000cal/day and it's working but I'm really not seeing any downsides to cut more aggressively.

>week 1 2000kcal/day
>week 2 1500kcal/day and refeed
>week 3 2000kcal/day
>week 4 1500kcal/day and refeed

??? Calories in calories out and as long as I'm getting enough protein I honestly doubt I'll end up in starvation mode, lose "way too much muscle" compared to just sticking 2000kcal/day for the next 3 months.

If something this should speed up my cut very nicely with literally no downsides?

I might just be the next fitness guru for coming up with this.
>>
>>40540976
okay then, cut some weight while lifting heavy > clean bulk and lift heavy
>>
>>40541022
overcomplicating shit

eat a bit below tdee if cutting

eat a bit above tdee if bulking

it's literally that easy
>>
File: IMG_20170228_140454.jpg (170KB, 911x698px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_140454.jpg
170KB, 911x698px
>>40538207
Does this work?
>>
>>40541070
>constantly training at a 1-2RM

no, that's retarded
>>
if i'm a little bitch can I just do leg press instead of squats? My fucking knees hurt and I know squats are better overall but it makes me want to skip legs. I find presses a bit more easier.

i'll suck it up if its really that much better but fuck my legs dude
>>
File: 1487572542751.gif (11KB, 296x292px) Image search: [Google]
1487572542751.gif
11KB, 296x292px
>>40541111
Apparently you can
>>
>>40540953
Just what I was after. Cheers mate.
>>
>>40540328
Are you telling me that dry humping 315lbs is not the most alpha thing you can do? If people give you weird looks, lock eye contact while doing them, and start grunting.
>>
>>40541111
>i'll suck it up if its really that much better but fuck my legs dude

yes, you can sub leg press for squats, there's no exercise that's necessary, it's just that squat is one of the 3 exercises where you can lift the most weight, meaning it works shitload of muscles, meaning you can easily overload your legs, meaning you will grow stronger faster with squats.

that being said, try doing "accordion" style leg press, which looks something like this
25 reps > increase weight > 20 reps > increase weight > 15 reps > increase... > 10 > 5, then go 5>10>15>20>25 but lower the weight as you increase reps

also, i'd keep some form of squatting in, for example goblet squats 3 sets of whatever reps, keep em between 10 and 20

add some hamstring work (romanian DL, regular DL) and you're set

try this for 2 months, while trying to increase the weight you do at the leg press/rdl/whatever else you choose to do and compare with your legs now. i guarantee they'll grow like mad
>>
Are there any muscles other than abs that you can train every day?
>>
>>40540328
Just have the biggest guy in the gym sit on top of you when you do them.

There's nothing manlier than glute bridging the biggest dude around.
>>
>>40541314
calves and forearms
>>
>>40538207

dominic cruise says all he uses is some form of rabata (he didnt go into detail) sprints for endurance and thats it, the man is a cardio machine so who knows
>>
When doing barbell curls my forearms hurt more then my actual biceps, i have long forearms and arms in general am i doing something wrong?
>>
>>40541423
do them with a z bar

or do them with dumbbells

also dont squeeze the bar/dumbbells with your hands too hard
>>
File: 1451746590733.jpg (150KB, 920x690px) Image search: [Google]
1451746590733.jpg
150KB, 920x690px
Regular push-ups are the easiest for me, then incline is harder, then decline. Is it the same for you guys? I've read on a couple of /fit/ forums that incline are usually easier.
>>
I have a legit question. Please, friendos:

I'm doing SS, but my gym doesn't have the rack, i'm doing squats in the smith machine.
I have that shit and i cant change gyms now, i would like to know if this will fuck my training. I'm doing all the rest with free weights, just like the book.
>>
>>40541514
incline as in your hands are on an elevated surface (bed, table, chair)? yes, they should be easier

decline as in your feet on an elevated surface? these should be harder
>>
File: IMG_0055.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>40541678
>tfw I bench 230 and weigh 190 so when I went on vacation in Japan I tried to do body weight routines and by god were push-ups easy I had my gf sit on my back
>>
Is 5x5 too much for deadlift?

I do PPLPPLx btw.
>>
>>40541775
10,8,6,5,3,3 is my preferred rep scheme for diddlies
>>
How are you supposed to tell the calorie count of something like King Cake from a local bakery? Google gives me anything from 1.5 to 3.7 calories per gram.
>>
>>40541903
>open google
>"king cake nutrition"

it's all a rough estimate anyways
>>
File: 1488319263145.png (2MB, 1404x1791px) Image search: [Google]
1488319263145.png
2MB, 1404x1791px
What's a /fit/ approved haircut to replace this monstrosity of mine?

I'll do anything but shave it, also needs to be good with a Widows peak
>>
>>40541932
I also have a widows peak and I just get an undercut and sweep my hair to the side.
>>
>>40541947
There seems to be a million different results when I try to look up reference pictures, got a pic of it?
>>
File: 2017-02-28 21.11.30.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-28 21.11.30.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
I'm pale as a ghost. I've got a huge ass park a couple streets away from home, which is also filled with teen pussy. How long should I stay under the sun each day, without shirt to get a pseudochad tone?
>>
File: 1450454718561.jpg (445KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450454718561.jpg
445KB, 1200x900px
>>40541678
Ok tks. Yes, incline with hands higher that feet, and decline with hands lower than feet.
>>
>>40538477
What's good for some basic HIIT and for how long?
>>
File: smith machine.jpg (13KB, 276x406px) Image search: [Google]
smith machine.jpg
13KB, 276x406px
I was at the gym the other day and a trainer was teaching a noob how to use the smith machine.
She was pushing him into this position with his feet far further than the bar.
Is this really how you use a smith machine?
>>
>>40542734
>Is this really how you use a smith machine?
No you don't actually use a smith machine.
>>
I've been lowering bf%, but how do I stop my belly from looking more bloated as I eat through the day?
Just keep cutting, do more ab stuff, or what?
>>
>>40542734
Yeah you basically have to hack squat to keep your back angle optimal.
>>
>>40538207
STOP NAMEFAGGING
STOP SPAMMING YOUR SHITTY SHOW
STOP MAKING EVERY THREAD SO YOU CAN BE FIRST
>>
File: toolow.jpg (170KB, 741x957px) Image search: [Google]
toolow.jpg
170KB, 741x957px
Is this really too low on calories? I'm feeling pretty full and I don't want to eat anymore, but MyFitnessPal is saying that it's too few calories.
>>
File: 1480994344422.jpg (85KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1480994344422.jpg
85KB, 444x446px
Do planks and wall squats help as supplemental exercises? Don't have a medicine ball for ab exercises, but I already do squats and dead lifts.
>>
>>40538207
I've been thinking about starting a cut with a diet composed of oats, egg whites and celery. Am I gonna make it?
>>
>>40542962
Eat a minimum of 1500 cals if male, 1200 if female. Just gonna have to do exercises if you need to burn the extra cals. In general though don't go more than 1000 cals in deficit daily though or you risk damage
>>
>>40543631
Gotta get 20% of your calories from fats or you gonna hurt yourself. Don't forget your vitamins like fiber too and other stuff you can't get from pills
>>
>>40543668
So eggs with cheese?
>>
My traps are semi-asymmetrical due to a shitty, uneven pull-up bar setup

How do I remedy this? Focus more on that one side, or make the bar level and just wait for them to even out?
>>
>>40543685
Dairy fats are alright, but not something you want to make your primary source. Some studies have shown that those fats like the ones found in whole milk create an acidity in your body that actually draws out the calcium in your bones to neutralize. Don't have the source to that on me at the moment though, so take it with a grain of salt. Generally you want your fats to come from stuff like almonds, peanuts, and other nuts. Consider trying almond milk, it goes good with oatmeal while giving you some healthy fats in a low calorie source
>>
Ss or stronglifts 5x5
>>
I hit my last 5 reps on incline bench to day but a strange thing happened on the last lift. I felt like it was gonna fail, but I flared out my elbows and turned my shoulder in and up it went.

I feel like I fucked up by benching with bad form? Or have I been benching wrong?
>>
>>40543704

dumbell shrugs. use literally the heaviest dumbbells you can hold. aim for 3x8 with like 120.

this should correct really fast if you go heavy twice or 3 x a week
>>
File: 1487574887292.jpg (104KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487574887292.jpg
104KB, 768x1024px
Is Ice Cream really bad when bulking? This is my average day to day meals so far (excluding dinner which is usually like 400 calories on days I don't cook) and it's getting really hard to reach my goal of 2600 calories. Having multiple protein shakes in a day is quite costly and Ice Cream is way cheaper than most foods I know for the amount of calories I can get in my country

Stats are:
5'7
69kg
>>
File: asdadadasdsadadass.jpg (64KB, 752x560px) Image search: [Google]
asdadadasdsadadass.jpg
64KB, 752x560px
>>40544049
Whoops I mean this is my meals for the day
>>
File: progressisforbidden.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
progressisforbidden.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey, this is me at 173cm 87kg. Yes i know im horribly fat, but i get the feeling that somehow through the fat i can see the faint outline of abs. Am i delutional?

Also, can you get girls with this kind of body type? like, i know the slimmer the better, but for now, could i get like, 4-5s with this?

Also, please gimme all your cutting tips, cutting is a motherfucking chore to me and its going really slow, i never abandon it but its really hard for me not to over eat casue of stress with college+work
>>
Anyone else hungry all the time when cutting/losing weight
>>
>>40544061
your bulking is 1800? sounds low, why dont you go for a heavier bulk, like 2000, 2500
>>
Should I train chest? Will I see any improvement given that I'm a girl or will I Iook like shit?
>>
>>40544242
big pecs make your tits stand out, go for it. unlles you have really small tits, like really nothing, in which case youll look like a dude.
>>
>>40544240
Oh no, I'm bulking at 2600, I just haven't had dinner yet.
>>
File: 1483376276147.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1483376276147.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>40544258
Oh I see. Alright will keep bench pressing then, thanks based anon
>>
>>40544287
could we trouble you for a pic, or at least a description to brighten up our lonely nights
>>
>>40544062
You're morbidly obese, i can't even tell if there's any muscle under that, much less abs. are you lifting? have you ever lifted like, in your life? im dead serious
>>
How 2 get started on keto ?
>>
>>40544062
you can get 4-5 easy with any kind of confidence. you should still be cutting tho. i don't see abs yet but just keep cutting yo. abs are built in the kitchen not the gym

>>40544242
just lift yo. guy/girl/fat/skinny lifting is always good for youre body and aesthetics.
>>
>>40544420
What if I am on a huge keto deficit?
>>
File: trump1.jpg (172KB, 950x594px) Image search: [Google]
trump1.jpg
172KB, 950x594px
>>40544316
sad!
>>
question, i'm trying to lose weight so I've been lifting 5 days a week and doing cardio 6 days a week. I workout in total 6 out of 7 days a week. Is this too much? Should I take 2 rest days if I want to burn fat? or is there any other way I should distribute weight lifting and cardio?
>>
>>40544490
just work out Cals in vs Cals out (cico) and you're dandy. you can gain weight while working out every day or lose it withotu working out a single day. Have you read the sticky?
>>
Been working out almost everyday for a month now and I feel better than I have in years. However I'm noticing I'm starting to get some pimples here and there on my face when it's almost always been clear as can be. Is this normal?
>>
>>40544506
I have and I've lived by calories in vs calories out (went down from 285 ish to 197 since January 2016). But recently after going 6 days a week i've went from 197 to 201 which has me concerned
>>
What's the name of the crazy fucker blasting metal and powerlifting in his basment? Eats a fuckload of garlic in his freezing car in that one vid
>>
>>40538477

What's a good sprint burst? Currently I am doing a tenth of a mile in a 35-40 second window, but the curving nature of our gyms track and other factors affect it. I am still working on sprinting endurance, it's getting better the more I work at it but the turns kill me with bad form
>>
File: 1483939030136.jpg (264KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1483939030136.jpg
264KB, 1680x1050px
is lifting 3x a week really the best way to build muscle? i hate the concept of rest days. i just feel like you can't build a big chest or shoulders if you train them once a week. I feel that i need to hit them at least twice a week all the time
>>
I have a home gym, but I want to start doing squats and deadlifts properly. I have apparently not been doing them properly, as I hurt my back in a squat.

There are no gyms that are worthwhile nearby. It's all crossfit or non-weight stuff. Koko fitness, smith machines etc.

Would it be reasonable to find a personal trainer just to have them teach me squat/deadlift forms? Most seem to be more focused on long term stuff. There are no strength gyms nearby or anything like that.
>>
do I have to worry about loose skin if I'm 210 or is that some super obese 300+ shit. REALLY don't want to lose weight and then look even worse than now.
>>
HIIT
>more igf-1
>more test
>low cortisol
>less time
>fuck running, seriously
>energy adaptation is fast twitch, creatine/glycogen (bigger)
>still good for your heart and lungs = LIIS

>LIIS
>low test
>high cortisol
>igf-1 barely effected
>energy adaptation is mitochondrial (hardly any difference)
>good for heart and lungs
>shits on strength gains
>>
>>40544778
who told you to train it 1x a week?
2x a week is a minimum. They recover in 3 days MAX and that means
Lift Rest Rest Rest POTENTIAL POTENTIAL POTENTIAL
this potential is pissed away

that and studies show bench in high frequency, as much as 3-4x a week produce even better results, but not for novices(?)
>>
>>40544397
High fat, high protein

fast in the morning

coffee until 6-8h eating window

or take an EC stack, it produces a similar physiological change and has your body go into ketosis

also, to shit on ketofags, meat and protein are insulinogenic and can be broken into sugar pretty easily so even moderate carb its fine, anyone who does 0 carb is a dumbass
>>
>>40544242
what is your goal?
If it is to look good, and only look good, why?
If it is anything other than this, you wouldnt be asking such a question
>>
>>40544888
who? well /fit/. the most common program that get's posted is PPL.
I'm currently running a push-pull routine where i hit every body part with 2 exercises, twice a week. I'm just wondering if im inhibiting some gains by getting less rest.
>>
>>40544049
You know that reguarly eating processed sugar is bad for you.

If you want, I can explain why.

However, if it is on training days I dont see why not. I let my skinny clients do that to get them some fat.
>>
>>40543704
Isolateral (One sided) exercises. Do not progress one past the other.

I guess that would be 1 arm lat pulls, presses, shrugs. whatever in your program, use isolateral as an accessory. Not a problem if pain is not existant.
>>
>>40542734
That's another way to squat to isolate the quads more
>>
>>40541070
I see prexaustion before working on strength? Stupid.

I see back off sets for hypertrophy, cool not really power related though

and then even more preexaustion for incline and flies.
>>
File: 1486609092022.gif (1017KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1486609092022.gif
1017KB, 500x375px
Is it possible to create a decent PPL routine with no more than five lifts in each session?
>>
>>40544915
PPL is shit

your body can adapt to higher frequency and progress faster than allowed in that program

Also, that program has a lot of accessories that don't really do shit, especially if youre light weight. No marble to carve on, if you understand.
>>
File: 1401557084092.jpg (64KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1401557084092.jpg
64KB, 500x400px
>>40544963
is there a program or routine you'd recommend in that case? i mean, i still like accessories but I'm open to trying something else.
>>
>>40544947
Quad activation is highest the lower you go, so technically anything that allows for depth,

there is no significant muscle recruitment difference from the front squat to the back squat
>>
File: power_clean_stepbystep.png (152KB, 630x263px) Image search: [Google]
power_clean_stepbystep.png
152KB, 630x263px
Started on SS a month ago. According to the program, now is the time to include power cleans, but two trainers I asked at my commercial gym refused to teach it, saying that it's complicated and I better stick to simple stuff like rows. Weak faggots, I despise them. But then I asked a trainer at my university: REALLY huge guy, who trains professional olympic weightlifters. And he told the same thing: learning power clean will take at least 2 months, more likely half a year to perform it decently. So should I do pendlay rows instead? I've been sticking to the program on almost everything so far, feels bad to deviate from it...
>>
>>40544961
Yes, SS + accessories
>>40544980
What is your goal?
>>
>>40542734
Its squatting with no balance and no spinal flexion(forward lean)

I.E. retarded
>>
>>40545002
well i'm cutting atm. 6' @183lbs looking to reach 175-170lbs.
My goal isn't strength, but lift moderately heavy (i bench more than my bodyweight and OHP 1pl8 for my sets).
My goal is simply to be able to look myself in the mirror and be content with how I look, which is why i'm trying to get leaner
>>
>>40544998
it takes 2 months to learn it and start progressively adding weight

it takes 1 year to do it to a decent amount where you understand the technique and where to get better.

Heres an example, I make my clients write down every movement they make during the lifts to analyze how many cues a person can memorize and ingrain per time frame (1 per 3 months after a base of 3 is learned at first but maxes at 9 where they only actively think of 3 at a time max but the others are "natural)

a novice with powerclean would be like

extend knees
hip extension
catch

and a person after a year would be
relax hands
pull knees back to vertical shin
extend with full foot in contact with ground
elbows up
descend below bar
catch
>>
>>40545033
Well, I am confused a little

English is not first language

To want to lift heavy on a cut simply will be very hard

Id recommend lifting to a respectable level, and then cutting, because by that point you will probably like the muscles mass you accrued.

you cant really aesthetic your way to strength, well, not efficiently.
>>
>>40545037
forgot chain of thought

anyway, if you are reading SS, I believe it tells you to practice this with PVC while you do the other shit so when he asks for them you can do them.
>>
File: 1473621960644.jpg (29KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
1473621960644.jpg
29KB, 197x190px
>>40545044
no worries my guy.
essentially I'm saying that getting high numbers isn't my goal. I'm fine with maintaining my numbers and maybe increasing them every now and then, which is what I've been doing.
i just want to get leaner and keep my lifts steady, not necessarily heavy.
so if you have a general program you recommend to people cutting, im open to it. i appreciate the help too
>>
File: 1484548920233.jpg (214KB, 1189x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1484548920233.jpg
214KB, 1189x1600px
>>40538984
>>40540991
hey guise i like to stab my dick with a knife and then wonder why it hurts.... but i mean when the tissue heals and I get scar tissue and my dick gets bigger i get dick gains right.
>>
>>40545052
What is PVC?
>>
>>40545111
i think he means a PVC pipe, or any other stick, to check the form of your back/spine
>>
File: chihuahua_face.jpg (49KB, 472x537px) Image search: [Google]
chihuahua_face.jpg
49KB, 472x537px
I have never shit so much in my life. How do I deal with it? Should I eat less rice and peas? I'm auschwitz mode and starting to to bulk. I used to shit once or twice a day, now I have to go at least four or five times a day. Sometimes twice within ten minutes. It's not liquid, there's just a lot of it. Pic related, mfw.
>>
>>40545052
>>40545064
breh pls...
>>
>>40544873
How often should HIIT be done for optimal heart health?
>>
File: 1487464417303.jpg (263KB, 550x778px) Image search: [Google]
1487464417303.jpg
263KB, 550x778px
I have a trapezius bigger than the other, what should i do?
>>
How long should I rest between sets on SL?
>>
>>40545432
2-3mins
>>
>>40545432

As long as you need. If it starts to get excessive, you're better off doing more conditioning to bring down your recovery time than trying to run through sets half-rested.
>>
>>40545371
You probably just have uneven insertions. Nothing you can really do
>>
>>40545461
Well that's a bummer
>>
>>40545052
If you're still here are there any routines that are more than 3 days (like the SS + accessories you recommend)? I find it fun going to the gym and currently go 6 days on a PPL but if it's shit what else should I do?
>>
>>40538207
How fast should I be gaining weight on a bulk? I know there is a limit to how much muscle mass you can gain and the rest is just fat.
>>
>>40538207
>not carrying two shields
get real fucker. your achieleis tendon will suffer.
>>
>>40544383
>have you ever lifted like, in your life? im dead serious
what? you cant be serious, i know im not in good shape, im fat thats all but theres clearly some muscle under it, at least in the arms.
>>
Should I deadlift once or twice a week if I'm at around 4 plates for reps now?

I'm doing a routine similar to SS.
>>
Thinking of starting baseball in a month or so as my rugby team folded . What are some good exercises for upper body power for hitting?
>>
>>40546032
>What are some good exercises for upper body power for hitting?
hitting baseballs
specificity is king
>>
What is the vegan/vegetarian equivalent of chicken breast, rice, and veggies?
>>
6' 160lbs.

I started a cut a couple weeks ago and for the past week I've had no appetite at all. Like today I ate one Chipotle burrito and a bowl of oatmeal, maybe total 1200 calories, and I'm not hungry at all, my DVEE is near 2300. Yesterday I only ate a spinach sandwich and a small coffee, less than 600 calories for the entire day and felt completely full. I'm not particularly stressed or anything.

Is this something to be concerned about?
>>
>>40546153
The hunger aspect isn't worrying so much as actually hitting macros and calorie needs, not proper macros and too few calories and you'll lose muscle.
>>
>>40546117
Replace chicken breast with lentils and you basically have dal and vegetables. If you are not experienced with Indian cooking I'd try Peter Singer's recipe, it's pretty simple. http://whyveg.com/recipes/make_this.php?recipe=53. And honestly you can skip the bay leaves, cinnamon, and coconut milk.

Quickly sautee whatever vegetables you like and eat a few vegetable pieces with each bite of dal/rice. Good ones are okra, kidney beans, green beans, cauliflower, mushrooms, whatever really (make sure to add spices like red chili powder/turmeric/coriander powder and salt). Can also add spinach to the dhal. I ate this like every other day when growing up.
>>
So it's come to my attention that I may have APT or whatever it's called which would explain why squats never feel right to me.
I'm about to start heading to the gym again after taking a break and getting my lower back checked out because I'm a pussy. Is there any way I can fix this shit?
>>
>>40538207
in terms of the most cross-over capability, i'd say HIIT. i can't be bothered at the moment, but i read an experiment where people who exclusively sprint trained performed 80% as well on endurance tests as people who did exclusively endurance. people who did endurance performed about 50% as well on sprint/explosive tests as those who did sprint training

for me it's about the amount of time spent running, not intensity, that effects my likelihood of getting shin splints etc

i'd love to get into HEMA and train with a goddamn shield.
>>
Should i hyper-extend my wrists on benchpress or keep them straight (and as i understand slightly angled so that the bar rests on thumbs meaty part) ?
>>
>>40546181
APT comes from muscles being too tight, stuff like glutes and hip flexors
http://www.swolept.com/posts/fixing-anterior-pelvic-tilt-posture-tricks-to-make-your-butt-and-gut-smaller#.WLaR4Tt96Uk
give this a read.
>>
>>40546188
Definitely do not hyper extend your wrists.
You don't want all that weight resting on over extended wrists.
>>
File: 1488205132021.jpg (170KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1488205132021.jpg
170KB, 1080x1349px
>>40546197
Thanks
>>
>>40546188
Reverse false grip.

Maximise your an hero and chest gains
>>
How should I deal with my programming when cutting? I'm doing the Texas Method and I obviously wont be able to hit PRs every week while cutting, so are there specific programs I should be doing when cutting?
>>
>he doesn't do weekly 48 hour fasts

Congratulations, now you know how to get cut up in less than two months. No, you won't lose your gains.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leangains/comments/356gyl/results_with_pics_of_my_accelerated_lean_gains_cut/
>>
>>40540474
Shoulder pains for coming deadlier 9 years, shoulder dislocations fixed it in a couple days. Although it does still hurt on occasion it's nothing like how it used to be. And that's even though I'm not flexible enough to do them properly. Lifting helps a lot as well.
>>
every single time I do ab exercises, my lower back hurts.
I've paid more attention to my form but it still make my lower back hurt.
Is it still my form or could it be something else?

Not sure if this is relevant but I did wrestling in high school and college but I never sustained any back injuries, only knee and ankle stuff
>>
>>40546398

You old already
>>
>>40546403
I'm 24 and this doesn't help
>>
Is there an intermediate program that has a lot of deadlift volume? I like picking things up and putting them down.
>>
Ab wheel enough for decent abs? Visibility is all about bf anyway right? I already lift heavy too, 3x a week
>>
I want to add accessories to StrongLifts now that I'll be bulking on this program. Can I simply have 2 accessory days a week which include:

DB curls
DB shrugs
DB tricep extensions
Calves on leg press
Reverse flies with DBs
Side lateral raises with DBs

All 3x8-10
>>
>>40546358
you will eventually reach your goal weight but it will become painfully slow
ie eventually your deficit compared to your current weight will be say only 100cal a day.
Calculate your current TDEE, minus 500 calories and eat that, every couple of pounds/kilos recalculate your TDEE.
You can choose to eat back the calories from cardio or not, up to you.
>>
>>40546705
You may as well add stuff like planks, and leg raises.
>>
File: 12134558942.png (26KB, 584x700px) Image search: [Google]
12134558942.png
26KB, 584x700px
What accessories should I do to have bigger lats, traps and especially delts?

2 months in and I feel like my shoulders and upper back are experiencing little to no growth.
>>
>>40546705
No, no and lifting heavy wont help shit for abs.

I dont know why this crappy /fit/ meme because so prominent but abs have to be worked hard like any muscle to make them grow. Do multiple sets of crunches, cocoons, leg raises and planks at least and often.
>>
In madcow 5x5 can I do chinups everyother train day instead of rows?
>>
For 531 BBB, do I do the 5x10 sets after my main strength work, or do I do them after another assistance exercise? Example:

Main bench work
5x10 Bench
Pullups

or

Main Bench work
Pullups
5x10 Bench
>>
>>40546705
>>40547260
Yes, barbell lifts and low fat is enough to get decent looking abs. You're probably gonna have at best a 4pack or just visible outlining.

But as the guy says, you're gonna have to do more ab exercises if you want them to look better.
>>
>>40544677
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyZnsR3eAkA
>>
>>40547243
OHP, Klokov press, Dumbell lateral raises, Dips, Weighted pullups

That is all you need for pissening shoulders
>>
>>40547243
Oh, and for traps and upper back, heavy rack pulls and farmers walks are just about unbeatable
>>
>>40538207

Is it normal to start feeling small during a cut? I haven't even reached my bodyfat goals and I already feel like a skeletal
>>
>>40547412
you are small, so yeah
>>
>>40544915
Nobody told you to train 3 days/week with PPL
It's always either PPLPPLX or PPLX
>>
I only slept about 3-4 hours, should i still go gym? Or am i just gonna collapse and die when i get there?
>>
>>40546732
Bump 1
>>
File: dumbbell1.jpg (115KB, 596x827px) Image search: [Google]
dumbbell1.jpg
115KB, 596x827px
>>40540923
>>
>>40547484
If you don't feel like shit now I think you should go. But don't be surprised if your performance is subaverage. But don't go in expecting to lift like shit either cause then you will.
>>
>>40547551
Ok thanks brah, im gonna go for it.
>>
If I had two glasses of wine at 4PM does it have a big effect on my workout at around 9.30PM?
>>
best after shave routine for ballsack/pubes?
>>
I need an app to track my workout progress. Myfitnesspal works well for as a meal diary, but I'd like to have sth that visualizes how my lifts progress. Any recommendations?
>>
>>40547386
what the fuck who is this madman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLehqeBL6_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeYrcpbn4o8
>>
>>40547668
Workit app I like it you can add delete exercises and their are many programs built in to which you can add accessories.
>>
>>40547734
Also shit loads of charts that track a lot of different shit. Volume and est 1rm max weight max rep tons of different charts
>>
Do you guys think it's alright to drink preworkout at work? I work a very active job 4 days a week, and usually by Thursdays I'm completely sapped. Lately I've been mixing up one scoop into a regular bottle of water and drinking half in the morning and half after lunch. It gives me the energy to push through the day. Are there any harmful aspects of doing this?
Also what are some other ways to boost my energy levels?
On a cut btw
>>
File: file.png (104KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
104KB, 430x430px
>Is a rate of 0.4kg a week weight gain reasonable for a new lifter?
>Is it sensible to split that 0.4kg into 0.24kg muscle, 0.16kg fat?
>Is a rate of 0.4kg a week loss reasonable for a cut?
>Assuming adequate protein intake; when losing weight at a rate of 0.4kg a week, how much of it would be lean muscle mass?
>>
>>40542731
I do elipitical.
5 mins warm up,then two mins at resistence 7. Two mins at res 10 then two mins at res 13, then back down to 7 and on and on and on until 30 mins. I keep pace from 6 mph all the way to 8-9 mph. I started out doing thirty minutes but I love cardio so much I usually do it twice in a row. I take a "freestyle" break form minutes 25-35 and just do what I feel like on there. I used to run and can't anymore from some stupid injury and this is the only thing that feels comparable to a good sprints workout or a long run. That being said I do this almost everyday. Seeing this LISS thing, can someone recommend me some LISS training ideas? I walk a lot at work already so pls no walking.
>>
How important is stretching? How often should I stretch and how does stretching effect my lifts?
>>
Would dropping the weight and doing 4x12 instead of 3x8 and upping the weight in microloads once I can do two sessions of 4x12 a good way to train post injury? (possible hernia with stomach and bowel discomfort)
>>
>>40547668
JEFIT
>>
>>40548048
You don't -have- to stretch if your form is fine for all your lifts and you suffer no pains.

But having more mobility will help you perfect your technique. A large majority of people have poor mobility in their lower body if they have no background in fitness. The intelligent approach is to consistently stretch until sufficient mobility is acquired, then keep doing maintenance stretching less frequently to keep mobility.

Or you can do the ole retard route that me and most people did and just hammer squats until you force your body to acquire necessary mobility, only with the catch of a couple of chronic injuries but no biggie.
>>
>>40547640
bump
>>
>>40548140
Don't suck at shaving. It's a process. No aftercare can help shitty shaving habits. Learn how to properly use whatever you're using. Precare is more important than aftercare. If you have any kind of issues it's 99% not what you do after shaving. I just use cold water afterwards because any kind of other stuff seeps into your clothes and often causes irritation instead of helping. Also properly dry everything.
>>
>>40547786

0.25kg muscle per month is a good value.

0.25kg per week is impossible. If you think you're gaining that it's actually mostly fat.
>>
Is doing a pull up just curling for your body weight?

I was doing curls with a full 1/6 barrel keg the other day, and they were pretty easy, despite not having weights at home to do curls with
>>
>>40548243
No. Pullups use more lats than biceps.
>>
>>40548261
how about chins?
>>
>>40548282
No, nigga. I think you should study the functions of the muscles in the body.

The bicep closes the angle between the humerus and forearm, and rotates the forearm outwards. The lats close the angle between your torso and the upper area of your humerus. If your humerus moves you're using lats. For pullups and chinups lats and biceps are recruited, but the lats are the primary mover.
>>
>>40548317
*if your humerus moves towards you(pull) you're using lats.
>>
>>40548317
damn I've been doing like, nothing but chins and my arms are getting good growth.

maybe I'll work in a barbell and get some legit curls going and see what happs.
>>
>>40548354
Pullups and Chinups do hit bicep, but if your goal is only biceps then you're better off isolating them
>>
>>40548375
I just want to look better naked. t. fatty
>>
>>40548398
I recommend losing weight
>>
Is there anything wrong with doing push ups and generic ab exercise on off days?
>>
>>40548398
>>40548398
Honeslty I think you're better off continuing with pullups and chinups rather than curls. Stronger upper body will do more for looks naked than bigger arms.

>>40548405
Also this
>>
>>40548405
Work in progress.

I've lost about 40 pounds or so, and now when I flex my stomach, the skin concaves around my belly, and really sinks hella in and shows my hips.. But, it's still fat where I'm flexing, I dunno how to explain. I basically have a fat pack.
>>
>>40548416
You're trying to avoid doing cardio.
>>
is there absolutely any point changing novice routineif 1 2 3 4 hasn't been achieved yet?
>>
File: Geralt_-Muscles_and_scars.jpg (344KB, 1450x760px) Image search: [Google]
Geralt_-Muscles_and_scars.jpg
344KB, 1450x760px
Hey fit!

Would it be possible going from left to right natty in 8ish month. I would obviously lack the 8 pack because genetics, but I mean the overall built. Also considering that I can put between 4 to 7h a week in the gym.
>>
>>40548443
Generally a novice stalls on lifts after noob gains.
Ideally they start off with a full body work out, and once they stall transition to a split.
Don't program hop, but if you think it isn't working for you change it up.
>>
>>40548436
I was just trying to be a smart ass. You can't be that fat, because you're doing chins.
>>
File: tumblr_lgkk28nVq71qgkilao1_500.jpg (45KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lgkk28nVq71qgkilao1_500.jpg
45KB, 500x672px
how are you guys inplementing HIIT in your existing lifting plan to not compromise your lifting numbers?

i do lower&upper body alternating 4x a week. so between Monday and thursday and monday again i basically have constant leg DOM's. doing HIIT on a tuesday would hinder the regeneration process to some extenct i guess. doing HIIT on a wednesday when my legs are almost fine would give me new DOM's since im not used to sprinting and that would compromise my lifting on thursday. or am i too cautious about the whole DOM's thing?
>>
>>40548447
I'm actually gonna go with yes, probably.

Geralt isn't that huge, he's just got good muscle and low bodyfat. Would prefer comparing you in the same pose, but some bodybuilding work for biceps, shoulders, and maybe lats + cut and you should be ok.

Though you're not gonna look as broad as Geralt.
>>
>>40548460
what if i want to stay on strength training and not considering a split?
>>
>>40548464
6'3 220

started with negatives, can do 10 chins after a rest day and warm up in a set
>>
>>40548443
If you're stalling on a beginner's program, and you know your diet is in check, then it's time to switch. Different people will do this at different points depending on previous history in fitness/testosterone levels/genetics/etc
>>
>>40548491
>and you know your diet is in check,
do you mean eating at surplus to sustain progressive overload / strength?
>>
>>40548486
Intermediate routines. Have favorite beginner's routine? Most creators endorse one or two intermediate routines. Madcow 5x5, Bill Starr, Texas Method. All meant for people after they stall on SS/SL/etc. Similar routine. Only instead of increasing weight every workout, you increase it every week.

>>40548500
Basically knowing you're eating at a surplus and getting decent amounts of protein. I'm not gonna be that guy who yells EAT MORE, but a lot of beginners forget to actually take a step back and calculate their intake.
>>
>>40548477
Yeah obviously I'd lack the kinda perfect genetics ratio, but I'm guessing that enough lats and shoulders could somehow do the trick.
I know that I'm far from it yet, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for the answer!
>>
>>40548532
sorry if i sound stubborn, but doesnt intermediate routine presume that you're already at 1 2 3 4 level?

What if this happens halfway there or 3/4 of way there?
>>
>>40548486
well as you move into intermediate lifting a split is recommended over a full body workout.
By split I mean something like push/pulls/legs, in which each body part is worked for a full session, as opposed to a full body workout in which you work the entire body each session.
>>
>>40548477
Geralt is quite tall - how tall are you?
>>
>>40548537
1234 is unreliable bullshit /fit/ invented. Intermediate routines are for when beginner routines are stalling. A 150cm manlet is never gonna reach 1234 from SS whereas a 2m giant who did wrestling in high school might end up at 2345.

But to double answer your question. Progress is progress. 2.5kg every week is still 10kg a month, which is till 120kg in a year.
>>
How's it possible that (on a 5x5 routine) when squatting sets 3 , 4 and most of 5 are my best sets while usually sets 1 and 2 suck?

I do 5 increasing warmup sets even!
>>
>>40538207
I do about 8-10 minutes of cardio before lifting. I left 4x a week and am trying to build muscle. Would it hurt gains if I did a fifth day if cardio?
>>
I front squatted 80 pounds

never squatted before

DOMS now

did I do good?
>>
>>40548565
You're right - tho my concern is that SS and SL both mention that the program should end once you can squat 1.5x BW and DL 2x BW. So what happens if the program stalls much before that...
>>
>>40548547
Not tall enough I'm afraid. I'm 5' 9". Positiv thing is that I'll need to pack on proportionally less muscle mass.
>>
>>40548571
Try more warmup and see if it helps. Could be psychological. Who knows.

>>40548587
x times bodyweight is a better measurement in my opinon, though this is gonna be easier for the leaner athlete.

I get what you're saying. But if you're not making progress, and diet is in check. What the fuck else can you do? Genetics are a thing.

Progress is still fuckin progress. If you're just not making any on SS/SL it's time to switch. Maybe it will take you longer to reach a goal lift but since what you're doing now isn't working, try something else.
>>
>>40548624
Thanks man.
By not making any progress do you mean week in / week out or every each workout.
As you imagine it's quite impossible to overload indefinitely , however I find myself deloading more often than not to break plateaus .
>>
>>40548132
Thanks for the reply
>>
>>40539576
here's a handy website that will break it down for you: google.com

fggt
>>
>>40548576
Depends on what you do if you would run a marathon on your 4th day it would if you do your 10min of "cardio" it would not
>>
About cycling for weight loss.
How should I re-hydrate myself after a ride? Is plain water ok or are sport drinks better because of the various other stuff they contain including salt? I don't think sport drinks would be the best option because of the sugar. Seems counterproductive when I'm trying to lose weight.
>>
>>40548576
I mean, the cardio will increase the amount of food you'll have to eat to build muscle. How much depends on how much said cardio day is. But no, an extra day for cardio won't be harmful in any way.
>>
File: 1488220474262.png (568KB, 500x721px) Image search: [Google]
1488220474262.png
568KB, 500x721px
>5'7 at probably 20 - 22%bf
>169 lbs
Is 150g protein daily enough to preserve my lean mass if I'm cutting at 1800?
Also is 1800 too low or should I bump it up to 2000 or 2200?
>>
>>40548888

>yes
>no
>>
>>40539680
it would be extremely bad
>>
why can I do rows better on my left arm than my right arm?
im a righty btw
what did my body mean by this?
>>
what do you do when experiencing full body DOMS?

i'm trying to give myself an ez day at work, eating big for dinner with family once I get off work, and then couch and vidya time.

I took a bath this morning and was drinking last night, feel like shit.
>>
>>40548929
That either one of your two arms is stronger, of that your form isn't quite the same on the two arms. And if the form on the left side is not as good as on the right, you might actually be able to lift more because you're using other muscles.
>>
>>40548852
You will be fine with regular water
>>
>>40548929
I'm right handed and my right pec/back is a little weaker than my left because my right arm is significantly stronger
>>
>>40545963
You're right anon. He's trying to get your goat. Gonna make it.
>>
>>40544819

Do you want to do competitive powerlifting? Or just become more athletic?

There is no need to squat or deadlift at the start if you just want to be more athletic, you can do lunges or box squats or landmine squats/deadlifts or globet squats and you will still get gains
>>
I'm having a sharp shoulder pain from my bench press. Not during the exercise, more like afterwards and even the day after. What causes this and how can I avoid it?
>>
>>40549781
>>40544819
lifting heavy fucking weights feels fucking good though man.

Whether you're gonna do Starting Strength or not I find that the book's descriptions of the movements are very good. Start over with squats or deads or drop the weight to what you feel is baby tier. Film yourself lifting and adapt to flaws you see. Also post on a forum you find respectable( or here if you have no better ideas) for form advice. Keep in mind though to take advice on forums and fit with a good amount of salt.

But to avoid back fuckups just keep your back straight.
>>
>>40545090
why is it that of all the photos i've seen on /fit/ the last 10 days this is the one that's taken me closest to breaking nofap
>>
>>40539932
just put some oil on it you stupid faggot. its literally in perfect condition
>>
>>40548132
is mobility before workouts okay? I do static stretching at night and I'm not sure where to put mobility
>>
>>40550037
rotator cuff tendonitis. stop benching for a while and do a few weeks of recovery exercises and see if that helps.
>>
>>40550145
Yeah, they're pretty good for warmups.

I can't give you any sources, but what I hear is that static stretching before strength training is bad. So just try and focus on dynamic movements before training, is what I'd advice.
>>
>>40548441
No i do cardio already. It's just because whenever I play video games I do exercises if I die to feel less lazy. I just haven't had a chance to play due to work in about 8 months.
>>
File: 2b6f8d_5643279.jpg (100KB, 840x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2b6f8d_5643279.jpg
100KB, 840x1500px
How bad are Chinese buffets when cutting calories? Family often invites me out to eat but they often go to Chinese places and I'm sure that it's filled with calories.
>>
>>40550247
what do you think?
>>
>>40550247
go working out that day, minimize the noodle and rice carbs, eat yourself full on meat and veggies. Enjoy life.
>>
How do I know if knee pain is regular? I did squats this morning, and just started lifting so I'm not lifting heavy at all (it's heavy for me, I guess, but that's just weakness) and now the outsides of my knees hurt whenever I lock my legs and have weight on them. And this happens whenever I'm walking so I'm constantly experiencing sharp pangs every 10 steps if I'm lucky.
Also did OHP and a set of deadlifts.
Will this go away by Friday because it hurts enough that it worries me, can't tell if it's a serious problem or nothing to worry about
>>
>>40550394
If it's gone by friday I think you're good. Unless it comes back after that of course. I haven't had any experience with knee pain upon locking out, so I can't give any evaluation.
>>
>>40550394
>the outsides of my knees hurt whenever I lock my legs and have weight on them.
That sounds like your leg muscles are exhausted so the pressure goes directly to your knees instead of your muscles. Should be fine
>>
>>40539680
no because if you don't bench you're dyel, its like, 50% of your upperbody in one exercise
>>
>>40539739
start with weights, then go to bodyweight, then give it up because its a meme made by fake natty guys, and go back to a barbell and some dumbells
>>
>>40550492
That's what I imagined because it seems like when I'm walking my thighs will jello for a second and it instantly pops my legs to straight which hurts. Think it got worse because going down stairs it happened so it 'hit' sort of hard. Don't think it will affect squats on friday so that's good to know thanks
>>
>>40550148
how can I strengthen my rotator cuffs?
>>
>>40550547
You won't be able to squat friday if you're like that today
>>
Should my ass bleed every time I shit. Been about 4 years and I ain't dead yet.
>>
What are some essential supplements? I mean in terms of dietary supplements, not whey powder (I already get all the protein I need).

So far I'm just taking Zinc every day. About 20 mg or so, because apparently more can cause a copper deficiency.
>>
When doing IF is it better to train in the fasted state or the Fed state?
>>
Are you supposed to count the bar when lifting? Never felt like it should count but everyone else uses it as law.
>>
File: 1488216286856.jpg (64KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
1488216286856.jpg
64KB, 500x442px
>>40550612
the guy from kinobody swears by training fasted, but i feel to weak so i have my first meal before lifting. do what feels best for you
>>
>>40550660
of course you add the weight. benching 2 plates is 225lbs (2 plates on each side + bar). 45lbs is nothing to scoff at
>>
>>40550665
Yeah makes sense I fast until 12, because it makes most sense with my classes. But shit I'd rather wake up hungry than go to bed hungry
>>
>>40550674
Huh never counted the bar it always felt like cheating. Guess I'll see my proper weight limit tomorrow then.
>>
>>40550660
If you're bench pressing the bar, you're bench pressing 20kg. People who say it doesn't count are bullies.
>>
>>40550724
at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how you report it since you're lifting the same thing

>>40550698
yea same. im doing IF, but my eating window is bigger because i eat after noon and usually get home late. at the end of the day, i still eat 2 meals
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.