[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Emi's workout guide.jpg (2MB, 4268x3100px) Image search: [Google]
Emi's workout guide.jpg
2MB, 4268x3100px
Armyfag here, I have to carry around an m240b machine gun since I got stuck in weapons squad

what exercises would help me lug this shit around and shoulder the weapon in the high/low ready?

I want to be able to fire this shit from the shoulder without using a bipod or a tripod
>>
>>40530480
Start off by killing yourself you boot
>>
>>40530480
Pull-ups, dips, bench, the press

Nice thing is that you can dump your ammo during a contact and walk away with a lighter load. Don't expect to him much without putting it on something, you're there for suppression anyway
>>
>i want to fire an m240b from the shoulder
>>
>>40531511
i just want be be able to be strong enough to shoulder the god damn weapon for a decent amount of time
>>
>>40531707
How smal are you ? The guys in black hawk down don't look big and they did it no problem?
>>
>>40531707
>>40531707
I'm sure you've at least fired it at the range a few times by now. Even firing on bursts you likely weren't even able to hit shit from prone with a bi-pod. Changing positions with it quickly and having some accuracy is more important than firing from the shoulder 'like in black hawk down'. Practice running with it and "falling" into prone and being able to quickly fire, don't smash your face.

To answer your question though, generally build upper body strength, and get this, the more you handle your weapon, the better you will be with it. So if REALLY want to shoulder it, practice doing that.

Now go tell /k/ so they can tell you you're an idiot.
>>
>>40530480
Go to /k/ so they can tell you that you're stupid
>>
Marinefag here. Deadlifts, heavy farmer's walks, and overhead press are your friends. Also, I know you soldiers like your pushups, but do pullups too. With something heavy like the M240 a strong back and shoulders are your friend.
>>
>>40531779
>>40531915
>>40531935
>>40532041
To be clear, I'm not retarded and I know the proper way to fire a 240. I also know that it's not practical to fire a 240 from the shoulder, let alone be accurate with it. That being said, I've seen it done and I'd like to be able to do it. Even as support you have to fucking assault through an objective with a 240. Im a manlet, but I'm pretty strong. I get a 300 on my apfts. I don't know why the fuck you faggots keep talking about black hawk down. The most important thing for me is having the strength to do it, and hopefully having that ability will transition into being able to fire a saw/m4 from the shoulder or holding those at ready position longer.
>>
>>40532098
>being able to fire an m4

An m4 is like 7 pounds loaded, and well balanced. I don't what's going on with you, 300 APFT is good, but you should be able to easily fire an m4 standing.

Perhaps your back in underdevolped? Try to add some pull ups and rows.

Honestly though Im not sure. What part of your body fatigues when you shoulder a weapon?
>>
>>40532098
>I'm pretty strong. I get a 300 on my apfts

I did the math, that's a 207 on the Marine PFT. Try harder soldier boy. Shit like this is why your branch is the fattest.

Inter-service shit talking aside, having a really strong back and shoulders is key. Get that deadlift up. Build them traps.
>>
>>40530480
Duty station?
>>
>>40532143
I'm not some strange deformed being who can score a 300 and not hold an m4. I just want to able to build more muscle in order to help me carry/shoulder/maneuver a 240 or a 249. Building those muscles would also make carrying around an m4 even easier obviously

>>40532424
keep crying that your branch gets no funding and your bases are a shit

>>40532499
162 infantry

I'm a nasty girl
>>
>>40533196
jarhead bro here >>40532424 literally told you what muscles to build and exercises to do, you stupid fucking boot

>i'm a nasty girl
yeah, it fucking shows
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.