[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amateur hour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: pink-dumbbells-701246.jpg (9KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
pink-dumbbells-701246.jpg
9KB, 240x160px
As an idiot, I have a few questions.
Anyone with newbie questions can use this thread.

I recently moved, and the gym that I have a subscription with, at the new location is shit. One of the issues is that the only benches they have that have something to lock your legs on, only go up to 20 degrees. What can I use instead to do push ups?

Because I can't even do one pull up, I used a counter weight at the old gym. It was quite simple. However at the new gym, the same concept is now a massive machine that I hate, and I still can't even do one pull up.
Can I use those elastics I've seen around, to help with pull ups?

I drink quite a bit. Beer mostly. And because my friends start on Friday, I lose that day of exercise.
I've read that alcohol ruins progress in the sticky, but how much? If I stopped drinking for 2 months, and focused, would I notice an increase in gains?
>>
>>40527550
Get better at chin ups, then

And yeah stop drinking, easier gains
>>
>>40527550
Yeah cut down on sugary and alcoholic drinks. Also do machine lat pulldowns if you can't do pull-ups
>>
>>40527645
>>40527676

The sticky seems determined that machines shouldn't be used
>>
File: front_2_2.jpg (137KB, 815x1000px) Image search: [Google]
front_2_2.jpg
137KB, 815x1000px
I got a question about Vitamin D; sticky says 5000IU/day is optimal but the only ones I can get my hands on are 1000IU per pill and say specifically not to go over the recommended amount.

I don't wanna gamble with this and start popping 5x what this box is telling me.
>>
>>40527550
> leg lock on

Wut
>>
>>40527758
Sticky is nonsense on intake, the standard dose is fine, too much causes cardiovascular calcification.
>>
>>40527777
Thanks and nice quads

Is there anything else on the sticky that's glaringly wrong like this?
>>
>>40527741
So do negatives or some shit. Google it, ya fuck
>how 2 pull up
>>
>>40527797
Protein intake, but ill get grief for saying this here: if you aren't frauding then a meat filled diet will have all the protein you need, shakes are just sugar that roiders are selling you as a chump.

To build mass you need to focus on carbs, that will be your limiting factor. Eat carbs and watch the gains pile on, or drink one Hardgainer Technological Extreme Pure Whey TM and watch yourself be a dyel faggot $500 down in a few years.
>>
>>40527849
Thanks for the advice, of course i'm not gonna take it as gospel but it's good to consider a different side
>>
>>40527942
Of course, I have shakes but just fine oats, 2 bananas, creatine, milk and water. Any doctor can tell you shakes just go to expensive urine or convert to fat in the first place.

Spend that cash on preworkout instead.
Also form, form, form. Don't get into bad habits that will damage your back. Good form will get you bigger quicker than bigger weight.
>>
>>40527766
I didn't know what to call it. The things that counterweight your legs as you do incline sit ups (I said push ups like an idiot)
>>
>>40528053
Oh, well just do captains chair and ab wheels instead. Oblique cable hammers as well.
>>
I went to gym for the first time today, started doing SL 5x5 like a good noob I am. The guy at the gym recommended me a different program which is basically a brosplit. I did it it was hard as fuck.
Should I keep doing the brosplit or tell him to go fuck himself and continue SL I mean the guy was a powerlifting champion in my country 15 years ago.
>>
>>40528229
Brosplits arent as bad as fit says, and they will really exhaust particular muscles for those DOMs, but big compounds are great for getting a great base strength, strong core and testosterone rise that will let you smash brosplits even harder down the line.

Do the compounds now for greater long term gains.
>>
>>40528229
Oh also
> powerlifter

Dont listen to them
>>
I got a question about the whole cut/bulk phase. Everything I read is that you can't build muscle while on a cut. Yet, the same posts explain how muscle is built when the body heals the micro tears you suffer doing exercise. I don't see how these two match. So if you are on a cut, your body will refuse to heal?
>>
>>40528535
If you are eating under maintenance the body won't heal properly, you will lose muscle and potentially injure yourself. Especially if you have little fat.
>>
>>40528462
>>40528473
Yeah, I'll do that. I may switch to greyskull as it has bodyweight stuff which I like doing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.