[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 31

File: tumblr_nkgbgjqLcK1tdy0nco8_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkgbgjqLcK1tdy0nco8_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Does gaming kill gains? Considering the purchase of a PS4 and getting lost in Skyrim. On a cut so was thinking it might distract me from all this hunger.
>>
>>40527482
Kills your posture if you're not careful. Skyrim is console is garbage though.
>>
I really wanna go vegan but it's so fucking hard to get my protein requirements... fuck. Should I just don't give a fuck about animals?
>>
>>40527482
If you are hungry on a cut change your diet. I'm never hungry on a cut.
>>
>>40527482
Drink lots of water and eat complex carbs (fibre and starch)
>>
>>40527507
Any tips? I've begun eating tons of greens and drinking water like it's my last day on earth
>>
>>40527482
If you play games every now and then it should be fine. Just stay away from MMOs and competitive games as those demand you to spend copious amounts of time with them.
I'd still rather spend the "gaming time" with productive hobbies etc.

>>40527493
It doesn't have to be black and white, you could always eat less animal products instead of cutting all of them off.
>>
>>40527493
The ethics argument is bullshit, why do you care about animals but not microorganisms and plants? To not kill anything you have to kill yourself, its the only way.
>>
>>40527518
Thanks
>>
>>40527534
You've got a point. Actually, I'll take up a real hobby like archery.
>>
>>40527521
Snack.
A bit of fatty foot like a handful of nuts or beef jerky will keep you honest.
And it's only a few hundred extra calories. You can walk that off easily.
>>
File: jay you es tee.jpg (90KB, 640x334px) Image search: [Google]
jay you es tee.jpg
90KB, 640x334px
>>40527493
Know the difference between vegan and vegetarian first. Vegans don't consume any animals or their byproducts, through food, clothing, toiletries, whatever. Sounds like you just wanna go vegetarian, in which case dairy could be fine. Also, the selection is smaller, but Walmart is pretty good with vegan protein powders and analogue foods. I don't fuck with the analogue foods much tho. Legumes and grains for those complete proteins.

>>40527536
Nice logical fallacy, you move those goal posts real well.

Anyway, look at the way animals are treated on factory farms, they're just as susceptible physical and mental illness as us. Why would you wanna put something sick in your body?
>>
>>40527521
Not that anon but..
Lower carbs and fill the calories with fats. Dietary fat helps you stay satiated longer. Also drink black coffee to suppress hunger, but not late enough in the day to let it affect your sleepy.

If you haven't yet, give IF a try on a 16/8 schedule.

I'm doing IF and I usually end up eating most of my calories in like 2 meals because I'm never hungry.
>>
>>40527605
Brilliant tips thanks. And the other anon too
>>
>>40527580
can't handle the fact that the human conditon requires killing? What is the difference between killing a cow and killing a plant? and please don't even start the bullshit that cows can feel and plants can't.
>>
Should I deadlift once or twice a week if I'm doing 5 reps with around 4 plates now?

How many time a week should I squat if I'm slowly approaching 3 plates for reps?

I'm doing a slightly modified SS.
>>
Is a 1000 calorie deficit too much?

Just started cutting for summer, worked out my BMR and its about 3500 calories to maintain, but i can eat roughly 2500 calories (220g protein minimum) and its bareable and theres no point in the day where I'm actually hungry or feel like i need more food. I've been eating 6 meals a day mainly lean meat and veg or a protein shake in the mornings. I've been training for about a year and a half, I train heavy as possible 4 times a week and box for 2 hours once a week, I also have a fairly active job..

I want to lose as little strength and size as possible, is this too much of a deficit? should i up my calories?

Stats -

6'3
100KG
20ish % bodyfat

1RM -

Bench - 110KG
Squat - 130KG
Deadlift - 185KG
>>
Actually, I use games to work out. I lift my weights whenever there is a 40+ second respawn time, or a loading screen.

Heroes of the storm is really good for this.
>>
File: 1487712977068.jpg (16KB, 222x260px) Image search: [Google]
1487712977068.jpg
16KB, 222x260px
>>40527580
>animals are just as susceptible to mental illness as us
>>
>>40527580
>Why would you wanna put something sick in your body?
because the species gap.

don't give a fuck about no sad cows.

they probably want to suicide anyway.
>>
>>40527482
Not really. I like to play streetfighter between the sets of bodyweight exercises I do on my off days.
>>
>>40527482
what do I do next after SS?
Got mad gains in muscle and strength, looking aesthetic since I actually read the book and added acessories.

I want to keep my compounds going up but I want to focus more on bodybuilding
>>
>>40527729
senpai you need to play Bloodborne if you haven't already.
>tfw you could probably bench with warmup and rack your working weight before the game finishes loading
>>
any resources for proper warm up?
>>
how do I make my abs and adonis belt stick out at higher bf%?

I'm engaging my abs on the compounds and doing hanging leg raises on all my lifting days, is this enough to build abs?

being shredded natty fucking sucks so I just want to be at around 14% and still have them popping out/visible
>>
Waiting to see a doctor about an injury, so no lifting until then at the least. Should I switch from 3x8 with my working weight to 4x12 with what is my warmup weight?
Also, can lifting (with good form) with what might be too much weight cause a hernia?
>>
File: i want my ants on a log.jpg (47KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
i want my ants on a log.jpg
47KB, 600x503px
>>40527659
Yeah, I can't handle the fact that the human condition requires killing, which is why I'm training for Ranger selection.

Plants can feel tho, they can hear too. This ain't about "the suffering of plants" that you're trying to contrive, so keep moving those goal posts. Eat your meat, just don't flail around like one of the fatties in the FPS threads when you find out someone else doesn't.

>>40527764
I'm not sure what quoting me and using that image is supposed to mean

>>40527776
They're not just sad tho, they're beaten and driven into insanity. You can read up on basic animal psychopathology.
>>
Lack of will power kills your gains

Get a standing TV for styria. Sitting down is bad for you
>>
>>40527872
>they're beaten and driven into insanity.
>muh fuckin grade A meat comes from stressed out cows that have been beaten and raped until their meat is the perfect consistency of shoe leather
lol
>>
>>40527482
>console pleb
>not being pc master race

Seriously, skyrim on consoles is shit. Build a desktop. You'll learn a valuable skill (and its seriously easy to do) and you'll have a much better gaming system as well as a machine you can work on.
>>
File: Gaming_with_Ryan_the_Wretch.jpg (606KB, 1455x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Gaming_with_Ryan_the_Wretch.jpg
606KB, 1455x2000px
>>40527482
Spend your time doing something you enjoy that's constructive instead of just consuming mdeia.

t. someone who spent the opening years of their adult life sitting on a couch, browsing the internet, smoking weed, and playing videogames.
>>
I'm feeling weaker as time goes on while lifting.
I guess I'm on the cut, I'm trying to lose weight and exercising at the same time to maximize fat loss. I know while cutting you don't gain muscle mass, but should I be actively feeling like I can't lift as much/do as many pushups?

The only thing that seems to be getting easier is bench dips and preacher curls
>>
>>40527659
What, you don't believe cows can feel pain? Are you dense?
>>
>>40527493
Embrace a kind of spiritual nihilism. You can acknowledge that animals have spirits, but also that the world is full of blameless cruelty and its not your fault for killing and eating them

Morals are mostly a system of regulation that dont apply to animals as much as they do to humans
>>
>>40527482
Can someone give me a basic gestalt on mewing for jaw correction?
>>
File: forced laughter.png (129KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
forced laughter.png
129KB, 500x282px
>>40527902
Pic related, it's you
>>
Anyone have a similar experience?

>worked out Saturday night, pull routine
>drank 5 single mixed drinks at a bar later than night, nothing too bad
>Sunday I helped some friends unload and lay gravel
>bicep tendons Began to hurt a lot
>Smoked a bit of weed last night (Sunday), literally like 5th time ever smoked weed
>wake up this morning and I feel like absolute shit: bad full body muscle aches, fatigue, no appetite, back and bicep tendons feel especially like hell

I don't know whether to attribute this to my weekend activities or maybe I just got sick. Just wanted to know if anybody has experienced something like this before
>>
I've been on a program for about 8 months now, and the last few months I've been very consistent both in food and increasing the weight. But sometimes on diddlyday, the diddly's just completely destroy me and sometimes I just can't even finish my workout, even though I'm fed and hydrated.

Other days its fine. What is happening to my body and how long do I have left?
>>
>>40528004
when the animal is stressed it causes the meat to become less tender.

http://www.grass-fed-solutions.com/cattle-stress.html

Tenderness is one of the variables with which beef is graded

http://meat.tamu.edu/beefgrading/

I.E. nobody buys abused animals because they taste like shit.
>>
File: mos.jpg (382KB, 1170x670px) Image search: [Google]
mos.jpg
382KB, 1170x670px
>>40527831
>>40527831
>>40527831
asking since pic related is goals bodyfat and muscle definition wise
>>
Bulk just ended, is reducing calories by 200 every 3rd day until I reach a 500 deficit too aggressive?
>>
>>40528088
He's on gear, dumbfuck. Lurk more
>>
>>40528098
and at what point did I say he wasn't? you imbecile twat

look at justin lascek, you can see he has high bf and still has his abs showing
>>
Atleast play games that have good fiction or engaging gameplay brainwise.
Fighting games or some cRPG are always good.
>>
I´ve plateaued on my shrugs, can't seem to get past lmao5plaet for 5RM. Tried doing 5x5 mondays to break the PR on friday similar to the Madcow/Texas method, experimented with 3x3 aswell.

Should I just lower the weight and go for volume or will that just make me lose more gains?
>>
My feet point outwards, I heard that just forcing myself to walk with them pointed forwards won't fix the problem, it'll just make it worse. How the fuck do I fix my internally rotated femur guys?
>>
>>40527493
You could try sourcing meat from sources you consider to be more ethical as a compromise. I.e. no factory farmed meat, no veal, no battery/broiler hens.

Although in many countries labeling laws allow corporations to write whatever they want on the packaging, rather than the truth so it can be diffuclt.
>>
I am super, super fucking inflexible. Is there a stretching routine I can use? Its particularly bad in my hip flexors, to the poiint that my squat form is suffering and i cant get as low as i'd like.
>>
>>40528155
You shrug more than most people squat, is there honestly an issue here?

It's fucking shrugs dude.
>>
>>40527872
>I'm not sure what quoting me and using that image is supposed to mean
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>40528155
Why the fuck are you doing shrugs for strength? High weight, high volume, if you're going to do a garbage exercise at all. Deadlifts, rack pulls and snatch grip high pulls are all better trap developers. I DL 5.5pl8 and I'd say that has given me better trap development than any amount of shrugging.
>>
Will riding excercise bike for 45 minutes a day hurt leg gains? Riding at a fast pace.
>>
>>40527555

you should try art. think about it

>If you're fit, constant reliable ref
>get out and about, sketch people, nobody thinks you're creepy because you've made it
>increase your shitposting power 100 fold
>medium to express yourself

also it's fun
>>
how do I get a manly voice /fit/?
>>
>>40528648
smoke and do cardio to counteract the smoke.
>>
>>40528654
I heard smoking is bad though
>>
What is a good way to program accessory exercises?
Besides the main compound lifts, I would like to do a few additional stuff to help my lagging parts, but I can't really figure out how and can't find anything definite on this in the sticky.
Any rule of thumb or guide I can follow?
>>
>>40528739
you are the one who wants to alter your natty voice.
>>
A whey protein that doesn't taste like shit?
>>
>>40527482
Not necessarily. Just keep good posture and don't play for too long. Also, in terms of the hunger pangs, drink more water and try upping your complex carbs a bit.

>>40527493
Veganism is pissing in the face of evolution and biology. It's fucking stupid and you deprive yourself of essential nutrients.
If you live in a suburban/rural area, start hunting. Most ethical way of getting food. Look into CSAs and local farmers' markets.
>>
>>40528913
>If you live in a suburban/rural area, start hunting
this.

godly cardio + free meat
>>
I use pot for my back pain. It works quickly and is amazing at night. However being stoned all the time is bad. What are some fast acting alternatives? Nsaids and other herbal remedies don't do much.
>>
>>40528957
>What are some fast acting alternatives?
CBD weed.

or weed that was bred with the express purpose of helping your hurt without getting you high.
>>
>>40528981
>or
it's the same thing, I just didn't know how to word it.
>>
>>40528487
>>40528304
I do nothing but shrugs and occasional armwork, nothing else really interests me and heavy shrugs builds the entire body anyways
>>
>>40527482
There is already a thread up for questions. Stop namefagging and trying to always shill your stupid show. Especially with tumblr gifs.
>>
>>40527810
Fak. I wanted to borrow a m8s PS4 to play bloodborne but i'm too spoiled by PC load times
>>
>>40528443
>what did he mean by this?
What did he mean by this?
>>
Are kettlebells a meme? what about stuff like hitting a tire with a hammer?

do any of those play a role on building muscle or there's just more efficient ways to build muscle through dummbells, barbells and bw?

I see that PT's of the Hollywood movie starts put them doing shit like that
I've seen deadpool, man of steel and aquaman training and they do shit like that, the latter even doing that stuff that used to be on kids park, simulating rock climbing(which seems pretty fucking cool actually, wish I could find something where I live to do it)
>>
>>40529251
They are mostly cardio, with muscle building side effects.
There are more effective ways of building muscle.
>>
>>40529273
As I thought.

Is there any website where I can find their workouts, legit ones?
Wonder how they train(yes I'm aware they roid so no point in replicating, reminds me the trash tier zyzz routine kek)
>>
>>40529203
Nah. They patched they load times. Still not quick as shit, but not the three hours it used to be.
>>
I'm getting back to lifting after a 3 year long break. Should I start with a beginner or an intermediate routine? Is madcow ok in that case? Keep in mind that I want to start with a slight caloric deficit.
>>
>>40528088
this is definitely achievable natty if u have the genetics
>>
>>40527482
Sause on gif?
>>
>>40529485
Vikings tv show
>>
Does lifting (all compound lifts n accessories) make u higher test and bigger than bodyweight excercises? Would it make your jaw any more manly etc etc?
>>
When I started lifting I was 220lb lardass and could barely squat 95lbs. I'm now 148lb and squat 165lbs 3x5 is this decent progress for how long I've been on a hardcore cut? Been on 1650kcal a day for around 6 months.
>>
What are some good accessories to add to SS? Thinking of throwing in some lat pulldowns, curls, and back extensions. On top of the pull ups, dips, and calf raises I already do. I'm just coming back to the gym after hurting my lat on bench press a few weeks ago. Want to make sure I'm doing some injury prevention accessories. Should mention I also do abs every work out
>>
Can I eat 1 meal a day to help with my terrible guts? Whatever I eat my body complains. Can i just get all of the discomfort out the way in one massive meal rather than spreading the suffering. Fuck IBS-D
>>
>4 deciliters of milk right after breakfast, every day for 3rd year now
can there be any possible health consequences in future if I keep continue like this? this is the only food I eat literally every day
>>
>>40529710
Depends. Of you're trying to bulk up good luck eating enough in one sitting.
>>
I recently hit 1, 2 and 4 plate ORM for OHP, Bench and Deadlift, but my squats are languishing.

At the moment my stats are:
190 lbs
6'1"
OHP 120 3x5
Bench 195 3x5
Squat 235 3x5
Deadlift 355 1x5

Recently deloaded Squat by 25 lbs from 40 because I wanted to get my form absolutely correct, but I still struggle with my current weight.

What might be killing my progression?
>>
>>40529977
>from 240
whoops
>>
>>40529329
You can add a circuit to the end of any strength training workout to aid conditioning.

5x8 swings, each hand
5x8 squat clean and press
30 seconds on the battle ropes in between each set
>>
I think I've finally got a oneitus, what do?
>>
>>40530160
Say goodbye to your gains
>>
>>40529526
bump
>>
>>40529526
ur a faggot. ur either 12, which is ur only hope, or you're retarded.

if you're past like 18-22 or somewhere around there, your jaw will not get bigger unless you're doing tren or some shit.
>>
>>40530195
B-but I like my gains.
>>
>>40530252
Well I'm between the ages of 18-22 faggot this is exactly why I'm curious. I want to maximise my test and beastlyness levels.
>>
Does the nutrition information provided with a piece of fish, like a salmon filet, include the skin?
>>
>>40528062
It's your weekend activities bro. I did back and bi followed with a 30 min swim. Then shoulders and 30 min swim on Saturday. Sunday my muscles were destroyed.
>>
File: 20170228_011328.jpg (454KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170228_011328.jpg
454KB, 2896x2896px
I started lifting for the first time four months ago. Since then ive been trying to sort out my diet and been training 4-5 times a week following a normal PPL programme.

I also do 15 mins of cardio as warm up to every workout.

This is the only progress ive made. What am I doing wrong /fit/?
>>
File: þór að drekka.jpg (115KB, 475x408px) Image search: [Google]
þór að drekka.jpg
115KB, 475x408px
>>40527521
>drinking water like it's my last day on earth
Drink more, drink like you're Þór Óðinsson drinking the ocean from Útgarða-Lokis drinking horn which results in tides.
>>
>>40530534
not eating
>>
File: shelbs mem stick aug 2005 293.jpg (437KB, 2032x1524px) Image search: [Google]
shelbs mem stick aug 2005 293.jpg
437KB, 2032x1524px
So a few years ago I herniated a disc in my lower back, and it has been problematic since. Randomly just herniates, like it happened when I was sleeping once, another time just bending over.

I still lift, will not touch a deadlift, but I normally squat. Lately it seems the squats are irritating that spot, it hasn't herniated but it feels sore and swollen, like it's going to pop the minute I fuck up and move wrong.

What I'm getting at I guess is what are some alternatives to diddlys and squats? I want to work my core good and build it up before I attempt them again.

I have no issues doing bent over rows, ohp, or the like, that stuff doesn't trigger it. Have been planking with a workout ball and that seems to hurt a bit however
>>
>>40527666
Deadlifting 4 pl8 and still doing SS? What weight exactly?
>>
>>40530534
You're being a bitch. That's good progress mate. A lot of people don't even notice stuff in 4 months. Eating more would really help though
>>
>start SS in November and running in January
>lose 15 lbs between Dec and February
>legs start to get tired and hurt constantly because 8+ hour shifts on my feet
>anons tell me to take a break
>wait a week
>legs still hurt
>wait another week
>legs still hurt
>wait another week
>legs finally okay.
>in the meanwhile diet has gone to shit, eating premade garbage every day
>terrified of scale
>weigh today
>didn't gain any weight

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING
>>
>>40527507
??? it's normal to be hungry on a cut
>>
>>40530534
sounds like you're training too much and not making up for it with food, either do less volume or eat more to make up for it (I'm thinking left is before and right is after)
>>
>>40527580
would you squash an ant, or prevent people from squashing ants?

then you have no argument. how is spraying an entire colony of living organisms with ant killer any different than slaughtering animals (which we waste none of)?
>>
>>40530769
You made gains, m8. Get back in the gym.
>>
>>40530652
how did you herniate your disc?

i've never done it so i can't advise, so sorry for that, but please tell me how you did this so i can avoid it. this is my fear
>>
DID ANYONE SAVE THE PICTURE ANON POSTED OF HIS HOMEMADE PLATFORM?!!? It had that Gurren Lagann symbol on it.
>>
DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT HOMEMADE PLATFORM ANON SHOWED THE OTHER DAY?>!?!?!?! It had the Gurren Lagann logo on it. Just wanted to show it to a friend as an example.
>>
File: 1469320211706.jpg (24KB, 638x613px) Image search: [Google]
1469320211706.jpg
24KB, 638x613px
how to be confident without being a narcissist asshole?
>>
>>40527482
Used to be king
now im completely skelly
Can only go 4 days to the gym, is Phul good?
>>
>>40527918
Bamp
>>
Sorry for being a dyel but how do I learn to deadlift properly? I have never seen anyone do it and the owner of my gym says that it's only good for hurting your back, but he's even more of a manlet than me so I don't trust him.

I know about keeping your spine in a line and the general technique (I watched a couple of videos), and I didn't think I was doing too bad, but I did
70lb x 12
110 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10
to try to get my form okay and I still ended up slightly hurting my back. Specifically, it hurts when I lean forward, so I guess my form is fucked up.
Any advice on detailed videos?
>>
>>40530652
this pic is hot as fuck
>>
Just started lifting at a gym and been doing this routine i ripped from someone else on a routine thread
A
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Dips 2x8
Curls 2x8
Situps 3x10
Hypertension 3x10

B
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Pendley row 3x5
Chinups 2x8
Curls 2x8
Situps 3x5
Hypertension 3x8

Im looking for some critique and some accessory excersises i can do on my rest day
>>
>>40530960
too late today, but I got no plans wednesday. Work is cutting my hours too so fuck it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqHjDtAXnv8
According to this vid these guys are aesthetic as fuck and the girls love it (see comments)

There's a gymnastics club near me but I wouldn't know how to make a routine out of that shit or wtf I'm doing, Is this worth me doing or can I get a better bod quicker doing 5x5, accessories and some running? I sort of prefer bodyweight because I can go to failure without some heavy ass weight falling on me, looking at u bench press
>>
>>40531022
pls helb, i am thinking of starting 2morrow
>>
>>40531052
watch rippletoe: how to deadlift on youtube

basically

have the barbell cut half of your feet
reach the bar with you hands without dropping your hips
bend knees until shins touch bar
squeeze your lower back and chest out to have a neutral spine, look forward

there you go
>>
What do you do when you are a bottom feeding piece of shit and apparently the whole fucking internet gathered around to tell you that you didn't even lift? http://www.strongerbyscience.com/realistic-training-goals/
>>
File: 1rAYjW4.png (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1rAYjW4.png
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>40527482
I way 84 pounds and have femur retro version so I am unable to dead lift or squat ever due to the skeletal issue. Am I able to gain muscle?
Ill admit I do not know a lot but I primamrly want to do bodyweight in my own home.
>>
>>40531072
>hypertension
do you mean hyperextension? lmao

it looks ok to me besides the hyperextensions, if that's what you meant. your lower back wil be hammered far too hard.

i'd probably remove the dips and rows at first as well. do that, and add them in set by set once you can handle it. this is just SS with a bunch of accessories added in straight off the bat, but for a new lifter like you it is much wiser to cut the crap and add it in gradually. this is something you should get into the habit of doing in lifting.

cut the chins, cut the dips, cut the abs, cut the hyperextensions (and leave them out for good), and cut the curls. add one in each week, and you'll end up with all of them in there one month in. some would still call this a little fast.

if you find you have DOMS for too long and stall because you aren't fully recovering in some particular body part for which you have added accessories, eat more or cut it out (but probably cut it out or at least cut out one or more sets).

a lot to digest there. i'm doing a lab report and will be up all night so fire back any Qs, i'll be here.
>>
>>40531156
Thanks, I've watched a few and I think I do know what is wrong, mostly in the breathing (exhale when going down probably made me bend my back) and the bar not sliding on my legs but being a little bit detached.

Another question, why is it that he makes everyone make 5 repetitions, is that a good number for deadlifts? How many series and reps should I do?
>>
>playing an elder scrolls game on a console

Kys
>>
>>40531723
5 reps is a good number in general. it has plenty volume for growth when coupled with an appropriate amount of sets (no one wants to spend 3 hours in the gym doing 20 sets), is still in the rep range providing good strength gains and provides good practice to new lifters.

the number of times per week to deadlift, as well as the set/rep scheme, is going to be highly dependent on your program (for example, SS is very heavy on squats so deadlifts are limited to only 1x5, whereas no squatting at all would facilitate more deadlifting, to use both extremes).

a beginner with your lifts can probably get away with deadlifting twice a week, 1x5 (1 set x 5 reps). add 5 or 10 lbs each session, whatever you can handle
>>
>>40531134
ples
>>
>>40531620
Im relitively new to lifting incrimental weights in a gym setting but i had some dinky benchpress and barbell i salvaged with 20 kg of weight which i used to do the basic ss routine your talking about (deadlifts, benchpress,squats ect) plus chinups and so id like to think i have a little more strength and durability than the average newbie but thats probably wishful thinking. Ive only done the afformentioned routine twice and have been feeling a decent burn, when before i was doing the basic ss routine and hadnt really been feeling anything (i started with the recommended weight for begginers so thats probs why). All in all i have allot of free time and working outs pretty fun for me and kinda want to work out as much as i can without extrennuating any muscles, is basic SS really all i could be doing?
>>
>>40531774
Thanks a lot!
>>
>in college
>high standards
>zero self esteem, even when drunk
>6.5 face but tall and fit by normie standard

Haven't gotten laid in like 5 months help
>>
Too weak to do 5x5, need help with replacing the exercises.

I can squat the 45lbs bar for a 5x5.

I can't bench-press the 45lbs bar.
I can't barbell row 65lbs.
I can't overhead press the 45lbs bar.
I can't deadlift 95lbs.

My gym has dumbbells so should I substitute benchpress for dumbbell bench press? I can do pushups but the most I can do is like 5.

I can try rowing the bar alone later this week.

I should try to overhead press some light dumbbells

Maybe try deadlifts with smaller plates? Would this fuck me up?

Don't laugh, I'm weak as fuck. Gonna make it someday.
>>
>>40531994
deadlift with anything, use some mats or plates to raise the bar up off the floor so you don't bend your shit up trying to lift it.

row you can do with the bar or dumbells. OHP and bench you could try with the EZ bar (just grip it out by the collars)
>>
>>40531855
well, it largely depends on your goals. let me just clear up a few things up - the 'burn' is totally irrelevant to building muscle. its just not related to muscle size or strength in any way. i can can squat 405lbs for 5 reps, bench 280 or something (haven't benched in a while) and i have a lot of size, and i haven't felt a burn in years. its tempting to want to feel as though you're getting some good work in, but you'll quickly learn that 3x5 squats twice a week is more than enough to build muscle there, and similarly for the upper body lifts (though not to the same extent). don't think in terms of trying to do as much as you can - lots of people do this, and usually they stall and give up.

if you've been messing around with only 20kg don;t get ahead of yourself. i'll just be honest with you - that weight is borderline useless.

now, what i said about goals - what do you want to achieve? do you want to be strong? big? lean? i'll assume its a combination of all 3. SS in its simplest form is not the best program to achieve this, it wil only get you strong and grow your legs to mammoth proportions. you will build some upper body muscle, but if you want to supplement that growth, then adding in accessories gradually like i mentioned is fine.

cut them all out for now. add in one per week. don't get greedy and don't get carried away focussing on the accessories - the big lifts will do more than any accessory ever will. if you feel you can't handle all that extra stuff, drop it and find a balance.

also, increase the weights on the big 4 as often as realistically possible (5lbs for squat and deadlift, 2.5lbs for bench and OHP) and eat at a 300-500 calorie surplus of clean food, high protein. never miss a workout, drink water and sleep well.
>>
Can someone link that pic of sample hypertrophy routine ?
>>
>>40532014
Alright thanks, my gym is one of those 'powerlifter' gyms, there's not much women or machines here. Mostly dumbbells and barbells.
>>
>>40527979
>not your fault for killing and eating them
>literally paying people to kill them so you can eat them
Try again next time
>>
File: 1467637189744.png (56KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
1467637189744.png
56KB, 250x232px
>>40527482
When I superset do I do one set of an exercise then jump into a set of the other exercise then rest and repeat the process?
Or
Do I do all the sets of my first exercise then jump into the first set of my other exercise whilst maintaining the usual breaks between sets?
>>
what would you estimate somebody at 1/2/3/4 being able to do for 5x5 on each lift, seeing everybody posting their 1RM is really confusing as a beginner doing a 5x5 routine
>>
File: 1488240014982.png (298KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1488240014982.png
298KB, 500x499px
if I do planks every day for around 10 minutes in total, will that over train my abs or is it okay do even more planks for longer.
>>
>>40528069
Its in your mind, unless its sharp pain. If its sharp pain stop. Otherwise just try to get more sleep, maybe take longer rests between sets if you know its going to be a problem.
>>
>>40532309
You're not going to overtrain your abs, but make sure they're rested for heavy squats/dl/ohp
>>
Are the Untrained strength standards bullshit? I don't see how people can be fat all their life, come into the gym for the first time and squat 125 with good form day 1. Or deadlift 150 lbs with good form day 1. It took me days just to get my form right, and there was no way I was squatting over 100 lbs day 1 with any reasonable form. Is the average person really that strong? Over 35% of the US is obese. I'm just not seeing it.
>>
>>40532305
somebody at 1/2/3/4 can do 5x5 for each lift.

1/2/3/4 for 1 rep is way, way too easy to be considered a milestone.
>>
>>40532260
>Do I do all the sets of my first exercise then jump into the first set of my other exercise whilst maintaining the usual breaks between sets?
why would they even name it a super set if you just carry on and do it as normal

if you were to super set rows and pulldowns, you would do a set of rows, then a set of pulldwns, then a set of rows, then a set of pulldowns etc, usually without rest but the rest time can vary.
>>
>>40532388
Not sure which one you're referencing, but I expect most untrained people starting lifting are 16 kids.
>>
>>40532388
>100lbs
dude, 100lbs is nothing. i think i started my squats at 80kg, like 180lbs. this was me having lived a sedentary life, too, besides the occasional run.

yes, the untamed strength standards are bullshit - they're too low.
>>
Awe, you speak of the playstation diet. As long as you play, no food required, just please remember to drink water.
>>
>>40532388
I feel like they're based on people who do some regular exercise or sport or work with dumbbells and then try barbell exercises. They must have some basis of work behind them to hit those stats on their first attempts.
>>
>>40532389
405 pound deadlift 5x5? 315 squat 5x5? No fucking way. The stronglifts youtube channel has a video of Mehdi doing 5x5 300 pound squat and hes struggling. No way 1/2/3/4 for 5x5 is the beginner goal people talk about.
>>
>>40532418
More than 1 in 3 Americans are obese. With that in mind, you think the Untrained Standards are too low for the average person?
>>
>>40532438
he means 3x5

1rm 2pl8 bench is like 85kgx5 which is fucking nothing, even if you're only 75kg twink
>>
How do I into aesthetic abs?
>>
>>40530973
Deadlifting, tried to squeeze in an extra rep when I was exhausted
>>
>>40532471
weighted planks/side planks, leg raises, stomach vacuums
>>
>>40527918
You are simply out of energy. On a cut, you're already eating fewer calories than you are burning, then adding lifting to it. That's normal, you're doing alright. Do as much as you can!

>>40528062
The drinking (i assume you didm't follow up with an assload of water) is amplifying your DOMS. Trust me on that, next time, drink some water after alcohol. It helps and you can still catch a good buzz.
>>
>>40532438
i was hitting 315 for 5x5 about 5 months in. granted the deadlift is the obviously the hardest thing on the list.

i didn't think this was that much to ask. people here consider 1/2/3/4 to be a 5RM at the very least.

>>40532454
well i haven't looked at them myself, but if they're anything like the stats you posted, yeah that's low. i don't think i've ever seen anyone in a gym with lifts that low (although i've never seen anyone squat ti proper depth either tbf).
>>
>>40527918
yes. its very very common to lose strength on a cut. i go very high intensity on my cuts, cut the accessories right down to only 1 or 2 sets rather than 3-5. instead of 5x5 squats i go to 3x5, 2x5 or 3x3.

this is the kind of thing you need t do on a cut. doing preachers on a cut is stupid cause you ain't going to see any growth from them.
>>
does it make sense at all to do the first cut ever anytime before reaching 1/2/3/4 ?
>>
>>40532615
depends on your goals. if you're an obese, digusting fat slob, you probably don't want to bulk to hit 1/2/3/4 first.

there is nothing wrong with cutting before bulking in order to get down to a sensible body fat. then you can go for the strength.

post body if you want a suggestion. sometimes people think they need muscle but they need to cut, sometimes people think they need to cut but just lack muscle
>>
>>40532455
>>mfw my 1rm isn't lmao2pl8
>>mfw stuck at 4x8 at 175 for three weeks
Curse you noob gains!
>>
my weight stays the same yet I look leaner and have more veins, is this body recomposition? in 5 weeks I got shoulder, lats and biceps veins but weight hasnt fallen of despite calorie deficit (according to calculator)
>>
>>40532639
im 90kg @ 180cm. think body fat should be around 20%

lifts are:
P: 57.5
BP: 80
SQ: 100
DL: 110
>>
>>40532455
>>40532438
so are you saying that 1/2/3/4 cannot be made on 5x5?
Then on what? 3x5? When to switch from 5 to 3?
>>
>>40532720
christ, that's fucking weak.

i'd probably cut if it were me. you have no strength to lose.
>>
>>40532739
Thats kg, not lbs.
>>
>>40532639
Not the other anon, but looking for similar advice. 6'1" 200#. Approximate 1-2 RMs because i don't find my maxes often.

OHP ~135
BP ~205
Squat ~250
DL ~330

Slight beer belly, and seeing other people with my lifts/height are like 175# so i'm sure i could cut 20# without sacrificing much strength
>>
>>40532745
oh, good, lol. i'd say cut still.
>>
>>40532774
srs, no one ever said you have to be strong and fat. you can be whatever the fuck you want. cut if you want, rippetoe won't find out.
>>
I just assembled my leg press/hack squat and am going to use it in a couple of days.

What do I need to look out for when using it? I've never used either before.
>>
>>40532778
is recomp viable?
(deficit eating on rest days (4) & surplus eating on workout days (3))
>>
Any tips for maintaining good form during barbell rows? I just started lifting and I feel like my form is shit (back not straight, elbows not going all the way perpendicular with body). I'm really not trying to go to snap city
>>
>>40532799
give it a shot. i have no experience with that so i can't speak for or against it personally. all i know how to do is slow bulk and retain strength on a cut, however i have heard of guys eating really clean and upping cardio and eating a little less on rest days and losing fat, so by all meas, find out for yourself.
>>
>>40532810
record yourself every single set and rewatch.
when you go home, compare that form with online videos of expert lifters or request form checks.
>>
>>40532810
what the other guy said, record yourself. a LOT of core tension is required also.

i believe barbell rows to be a pretty shit lift tho. the weight your lower back can support being at such a mechanical disadvantag is never going to be good enough to give your lats and upper back a challenge. at least, this is my experience, and being someone with long legs and a short torso, i am pretty much built to fuck this lift up so take this as you will.
>>
File: bench row.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
bench row.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
>>40532863
>>40532810
I can second that I don't like barbell rows either. Bench rows are alright, although you're limited by whatever the heaviest dumbbell is at your gym, very few have DBs greater than 100 lbs.
>>
>>40532894
there's no shame in using machines to crank out some reps for mass. as far as finding a row variant for use in strength training, i can't help.
>>
>>40532921
I just do weighted chinups, it hits everything but rhomboids.
>>
>>40530554
That I shall brother!
>>
HOW FUCKING MUCH IS A TABLESPOON.

is it an even scoop shaved off the top to fit in the spoon? or is it a heaping mound on the spoon, if so thats EXTREMELY INACCURATE.

I eat a lot of peanut butter.
>>
File: 1450598336406.jpg (58KB, 741x567px) Image search: [Google]
1450598336406.jpg
58KB, 741x567px
>>40528644
>mfw I see a sketch of myself on this forum with some faggot calling me a dyel.
>>
Why isn't there a body recomp thread ongoing here? It seems sound? The before/after look very good, less loose skin, less skinnyfat, less chubby deposits. Am I missing something?
>>
Are there any recommended apps out there for diet and meal planning?
>>
>>40533677
Shaved off, heaping is always specified
>>
>>40533677
Shaved off.
14 grams
>>
>>40533742

Because it basically doesn't work. Well, it kind of does, but its incredibly slow for anyone who isn't just starting out.
>>
>>40533756
that's fucking terrible news, peanut butter has a shitload of calories in it, then.
>>
>>40533766
But the after photos look very good compared to the flubbery skin of people who crash weight off. I guess I'll read up, I didn't realize it would be much slower, thanks.

Anyone else have something to add on it?
>>
>>40527493
I'm compelled to go vegan too because I feel I have an obligation because of the carbon footprint but yeah Veganism is hard.
>>
>>40531929
Drop your high standards and your confidence will go up.

Dont try to go straight to the big leagues. Go knock some easy ones out of the park first.
>>
>>40533770
It does indeed. I like to mix it with fat free cream cheese so it's not as calorie and fat dense, I love pb too, sucks it's so rich. I have to limit it to just a treat once in a while.
>>
>>40533780

If they're that flubbery, the issue almost certainly was the amount of weight they lost rather than doing bulk/cut cycles (unless they went full JM style and were had about a hundred pounds between their high and low weights in a given year). Ain't like anyone is going to be recomping at 300lbs.
>>
>>40533780
I have no idea what you're talking about but lose weight slowly = less loose skin.
>>
>>40532720
Too weak to cut keep bulking till you at least hit 1 2 3 4
>>
So I pulled my neck 10 days ago. It's past the point of feeling like a muscle ache and moved into being like a neck ache similar to sleeping wrong. About how many more days until I should be able to lift again? To clarify, I pulled it from craning my neck on a squat, and almost any form of lifting put strain on it, so I haven't been able to lift for this entire period. I'm getting antsy and lazy because of it and hoping for good news. I did some dumbbell lifts today to gauge the stress, and it's not much, but after doing it for about 15 minutes it did start to feel strained a bit, so I stopped.

Help
>>
>>40527482
If I can't progress anymore on lifts during a cut should I just maintain those lifts until the end of the cut?
>>
What's a cookie cutter facial hygiene routine for a clear face? Not really fitness related... But still.
>>
Hey brahs

Just got back from the gym for the first time. Did a variation of Reg Park. Did squats, diddleys, OHPs, and pull-ups.

Is it normal to not feel the deadlifts in the gluts and hamstrings doing it for the first time with low weight? Definitely feeling it in my quads though but I'm guessing that was more the squats
>>
>>40527801
PPL
>>
>>40527482
Whenever I'm doubting myself I'll always remember there are people asking an online fitness for permission to play video games
>>
Anyone also got tips on how to switch from high bar to low bar? I feel like my wrists don't have the mobility and that I lean forward ALOT when I set up. Also can I do scooby's pull up thing while doing the texas method?
>>
Natty or nah?
>>
A few days ago I think I injured my wrist. A few friends and I picked something heavy up off the ground in a similar fashion to a deadlift. The next day my forearm near my wrist felt tight, but not sore. The second day after and my wrist hurts when I twist it and makes a popping noise. What the hell did I do to it? I'm afraid to lift and aggravate it further. Anybody ever experience anything similar?
>>
File: 1477574120163.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477574120163.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>>40534662
>lowbar
Do you even wanna make it?
>>
>>40527904
>Not having both
Fucking poorfag
>>
Been lifting on and off for a few months doing SS and Greyskull, have exhausted my LP at this point no matter how much i eat, what routine should i do now? Preferably something with a more bodybuilding focus
>>
>>40531012
Be more self aware - narcisism is actually great for making friends but its awful for keeping them, studies have shown after about a year or so people get real sick of tings always being about you.

Listen more, ask questions and try to avoid one-upping people with stories. Rather than escalating conversations, move laterally to share similiar experiences.
>>
>>40534181
I just wash my face after working out.

>>40534856
Bump.
>>
I don't want to meet my girlfriend's family. I simply don't give a shit about them.
Do I have to? I don't want one of those shitty little chats with her parents about our lives, they are strangers. I couldn't care less about my girlfriend meeting my family? FOR WHAT PURPOSE? I guess is the question I am asking. Pls help
>>
I'm looking for the images where the image is split into two:
One with a hot girl
One with enticing food

If anyone could help it would be appreciated, been looking for them for ages
>>
after some """"research"""" online i'm pretty sure my short arms are holding back my diddlylift, making it more of a squat than diddly and hurting my lower back at the same time

probably going to switch to sumo or raise the bar off the ground a bit

anyone got similar experiences?
>>
Besides having to increase cardio intake to gain gains, can cardio after lifting in any way decrease gains? It seems illogical, but one never knows
>>
>>40535001
put the bar on something, it is literally that easy to stop doing deficits.
>>
>>40535007
whoops, calorie intake*
>>
File: 1380614228543.jpg (11KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1380614228543.jpg
11KB, 231x218px
>>40535001

Got a pic or vid of you pulling?

Unless you got some major fucking t-rex arms it shouldn't hurt your lift too much, just means you're going to be more bent over in your start position.

If it's starting to resemble a squat you might be dropping your hips too low at the start.

My start position is very bent over because I got long legs and average length arms but I can still pull 650 conventional.

Getting a narrower stance and grip helped a lot.
>>
In madcow 5x5 can I alternate between rows and chinups?
>>
>>40531099
>>
how much weight should i gain on a lean bulk each week/month ?
>>
Been fat all my life. How much time until the cravings stop and my body gives up trying to make me fail?
>>
>>40535157
never.

though you could skip every meal except dinner to make at least part of your day bearable.
>>
when girls send me nudes and I fap top them, does that count as noporn? Is it better than watching porn?
Trying to quit porn atm
>>
Does HIIT truly sap gains on a cut?
>>
Why does my dick seem to shrink after going to the gym?
>>
>>40535193
Thanks.

Re bumping my question because things can't be so blight.
>>
>>40535206
>gains on a cut

u wot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqHjDtAXnv8 [Embed]
According to this vid these guys are aesthetic as fuck and the girls love it (see comments)

There's a gymnastics club near me but I wouldn't know how to make a routine out of that shit or wtf I'm doing, Is this worth me doing or can I get a better bod quicker doing 5x5, accessories and some running? I sort of prefer bodyweight because I can go to failure without some heavy ass weight falling on me, looking at u bench press
>>
>>40530652
you sure its not your si joint? with a herniated disc you can barely walk bro, let alone squat
>>
Are vitamins a meme if I dont get them daily?

>Complete b vitamin
>Vitamin D
>Vitamin A
>>
I can't get a good bar path doing squats. The bar always travels way the fuck forward and my knees go too far forward. How do I fix this? I've tried keeping it over the midfoot but it's not really changing things. I'm overweight and weak which is probably part of the problem. I've made no progress on squats because I can't even get my form right for one set.

I was originally doing GSLP (squats 2x per week) but when I realized how much work my squats need I switched to SS (squats 3x per week). I know I'm not supposed to switch programs, but they're both linear progression routines, they're both very similar, and I'm doing it to get more practice with the lifts so I figured I had good reason for switching.
>>
>>40527801
What did you add. I'm about to start and have added some bicep and tricep work along with core and little extra shoulder/trap/back and flys?
>>
>>40535072
the problem is the pressure in the lower back. no matter what weight i lift i get that pressure if i do enough reps/sets. and if i up the weight i get that pressure there immediately

im 100% stalled
>>
>>40535001
Follow Rip's guide. Set your stance, then with LOCKED LEGS bend over and grip the bar. Then bend your knees to the bar, then lift your chest up and (my advice: try to extend your lower back. push that shit hard), then pull.

My lower back hurts a bit when I lift even with a straight lower back. I think it's because my lower back is weak still.

Other thing that helped is to raise the bar up a bit. If you're lifting less than 135, you need to be using something to help with the height anyways so just increase it (you did use blocks, right?). If you're lmao1pl8+, put a plate under each end to lift it up even just 1-2" more. Helped me get a much better lower back angle by lifting the bar just 1".

Other tips that seemed to help me: make sure your stance is narrow enough. Or try a slightly wider stance. Whatever helps you get a good lower back angle. And narrower grip usually is best.

And for me, I had to actually think about lowering my hips a bit. I know Rip says don't lower your hips, but my hips are really tight and if I don't lower them they're basically parallel with my shoulders and the lift looks like more of a row.

Without seeing your form I can't say for sure which of this will help you, but try some things out and see what works.
>>
>No more whey left
Should I just go over to low fat milk senpaitachi?
>>
>>40527729
You can also do a x reps/push ups whenever you die or finish a map.
>>
>>40528648
"Sing" im the morning.
Stretch those strings.
>>
>>40535719
Incline Dumbell Bench
Weighted Dips
Weighted Pull Ups
Hammer Curls
Lateral Raises
Hanging Leg Raises
>>
>>40534821
that's achievable natty, he might of roided for that tho also has gyno nips
>>
File: fux.gif (685KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
fux.gif
685KB, 500x281px
I was supposed to meet up with a girl at 4 yesterday but she never showed. She eventually texted me at midnight saying "I'm so fucking sorry. My sister threatened suicide so we're leaving the hospital now." Do I mark it as a loss and move on or still try to fuck?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqHjDtAXnv8 [Embed]

>>
>>40528240
yoga
>>
>>40528443
not him, but i would guess he finds it interdasting that a tard like you can type
>>
Going to start taking yohimbine, the caffeine pills I got have glucose in them, will this cause an insulin spike or is it grand to take them?
>>
>>40536063
you can still kinda talk. just let her make a next appointment. dont ask for a new one.

if she wants to meet she can ask you next time.
>>
Puked twice and had diahrrea 2 days ago
yesterday seemed better, had a bit of diahrrea when I woke up but the rest of the day I didnt even shit
today I woke up and took a shit, was more solid.

so when can I start eating stuff outside the BRAT diet and bland shit?
>>
>>40536063
move on
she's too good for you
don't you think it's possible she's telling the truth? how about a little compassion
>>
Does HIIT burn muscle?
>>
>>40527872
this move the goal posts shit is even more annoying than arguing with someone who is doing so (which protip this guy isn't).
>>
>>40536772
not enough calories and protein can burn muscle.
>>
>>40527908
I'm sorry but that's bullshit, some of my best friends I have are close to me because we spent ridiculous amounts of time playing xbox live during middleschool. It's the way that the youth has changed, just because they aren't outside with eachother anymore doesn't mean they aren't still creating bonds with their peers that will last a life time.
>>
>>40536826
So you'd have to be in some crazy ass deficit. I won't burn muscle with HIIT on your standard -500 cal deficit though. Will I anon?
>>
>>40536772
no but like this anon said>>40536826

>>40536888
No, you won't.

1.8g protein per kg is more than enough, also dont go over 500kcals deficit unless youre some kind of fat fuck.

cut in peace my friend, and get your cardio done
>>
File: 53463222.jpg (217KB, 1043x514px) Image search: [Google]
53463222.jpg
217KB, 1043x514px
>be a skinny noodle, 510 140lbs 22 year old male
>start doing the basic weight training squats bench press etc with low weights every other day
>start the diet including shakes so im 500+ cal surplus everyday with plenty of protein
>everyone says I'm over doing it and should just stick to stuff like push ups and cardio for now

are they trying to kill my gains?
>>
File: AIfireworks.jpg (163KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
AIfireworks.jpg
163KB, 800x832px
Dear native english speakers,

I just received a message from an american I am quite confused about, hoping one of you guys can help.
I asked this dude to do something for me and after some time he replies "dear anon, sorry for the delay. You should be set on these."

Does that mean he confirms he did what I asked him?
Many thanks
>>
Should I not lift if I'm hungry even if I'm trying to lose weight?
>>
>>40530554
Fucking love you guys
>>
File: one coupon for a free boyfriend.jpg (53KB, 629x595px) Image search: [Google]
one coupon for a free boyfriend.jpg
53KB, 629x595px
I don't have access to a barbell today but I have access to DBs up to 65. I typically bench 150 5x5, is 65 DB bench 5x5 a reasonable substitute? I have no idea what the conversion from BB to DB is like.
>>
Can I just add some curls to SS to not go trex mode?
>>
>>40537350
not only you can, it says for you to do so.

read the book
>>
>>40537350

arms are mostly tris, and your shoulders will still be lacking, so no
>>
>>40536919
Thanks my dude
>>
>>40527482
Is worn a good source of protein?
How much protein would 100grams yield?
>>
>>40537573
Quorn
>>
>>40535975
OK cool I have got them all incorporated besides the dips and leg raises I no dip bars. Going to do leg raises on ground and tricep extensions
>>
Can someone. Explain to me what exactly is intermittent fasting is? It it essentially just eating 1 big meal a day?
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
What's wrong with mixed grip on deadlifts or in general?

My diddy is weak as shit compared to my other lifts because of my grip but I don't want to start a bad habits if I don't need to.
>>
What forearm exercises can i do if my spine is fucked? I can rack pull, deadlift, or probably farmer walk. What do fit. Pls help my triceps are getting big but my forearms are lackin
>>
File: 1477224822238.jpg (696KB, 2007x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1477224822238.jpg
696KB, 2007x1304px
>>40537320
DB is typically something like -20% from BB but keep in mind that DB has better range of motion and is generally better except for convenience and practicality at heavy weight

>>40537641
It's fasting and eating only during a set timeframe. Most common approach is 16/8 where you'll eat during an 8 hour window and fast while sleeping and for another 8ish hours. So most typically you'll see people stop eating at 2200, wake up, go to gym etc then start eating with a light lunch at 1400 or after gym, then eat when hungry until 2200 again
>>
are planks a meme exercise
>>
>>40537126
wat

Why wouldn't you lift?
>>
>>40536948
yes, it does.
>>
>>40537690
it just doesn't make your grip stronger. try using chalk instead.
>>
I am 245 lbs 6'1 male and I'm trying to lose weight.

I work out every other day, how many calories should my diet be?
>>
>>40537573
>>40537590
Bump 4 this
>>
building muslce while cutting from obese.

been steadily losing weight down pant sizes and I actually look decent in a t-shirt now.

i've still got a pretty solid layer of fat on my body though.. when will I actually start to see some muslce definition peak through?

my upper stomach feels firm and like there's muscle, but my lower stomach is still just a flabby pudge. :/ Up to 10 pull up reps now.
>>
>>40536946

In a word, yes, they are trying to kill your gains. You're doing it exactly right.
>>
Anybody have pic related? Wanted to get a set for my apartment. Which models are better?
>>
>>40537967
a least you arent skinny
>>
>>40537867
1700 kcal
>>
>>40538058
https://www.amazon.com/One-Pair-Adjustable-Dumbbells-Kits/dp/B0087T8UOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488303149&sr=8-1&keywords=200+lb+dumbbells

I was considering getting these. They are a lot cheaper
>>
>>40538104
if money is at all an issue you should just buy them of kiji or ebay
>>
How do I overcome a nervous bladder. I cannot use a urinal with others around. It could be a full bladder ready to burst, but if someone walks in mid piss, the valves close tight.
>>
Fuck I'm cutting and just had leftover pizza and chicken wings for lunch that my gf brought home.

1 large slice of ham + pinapple pizza and two lemon pepper chicken wings from a local pizza place.

any quick estimate on the calories? maybe 700 is what I'm thinking.

fucking a man cutting is hard sometimes
>>
File: yunlR28.jpg (273KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
yunlR28.jpg
273KB, 900x1200px
is IF a meme? currently I eat around 2100 calories throughout the day, not really at any set times. will I see any benefit if I eat those 2100 calories in an 8 hour window and fast for the rest?
>>
File: 1450896738426.jpg (101KB, 1280x702px) Image search: [Google]
1450896738426.jpg
101KB, 1280x702px
>>40527482
Related to this: how do I quit video games? I enjoy drawing and reading in my spare time (trying to get into literature but I'm still a turbo pleb) but at the end of the day I'm so fucking exhausted I don't have the mental capacity to really invest in either of these two hobbies. I also don't want to end up just sitting on my couch watching TV or playing vidya (like I'm currently doing).

I guess a better question would be, how do I facilitate the mental fortitude to keep up with certain hobbies that take a bit more investment?
>>
>>40538120
>>40538104

It's a birthday gift to myself, and I got about $500-700 to spend on a nice set of bells. I want to have a small home gym and this is the first piece I want to get.
>>
>>40538082
I'd rather put on mass alone than have to take off mass while putting on mass.
>>
>>40538146
You just do it until it becomes habit. Its that simple. Power through.
>>
What are some good natural soaps?
>>
Is it okay to wear old sneakers for running, or should I buy a new pair? I've had my current pair for almost a year now.
>>
File: kH662wb.jpg (344KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
kH662wb.jpg
344KB, 2048x1365px
What are the top 3 exercises for lats, if you had to pick only 3 for an intermediate lifter?

My lats are lagging and I'm looking to add just 2-3 lifts for them.
>>
>>40538229
widest grip pull ups?
>>
>>40538144
>will I see any benefit if I eat those 2100 calories in an 8 hour window and fast for the rest?
No, and that's not what IF is for.

Calories are calories.
>>
>>40538239
I've been doing these but I'm 83kg and I'd like to increase strength rather than just size, meaning bodyweight is a limiting factor. Holding plates between legs is a pain in the arse, especially for something like pull ups where you come back and do some more multiple times.

I guess pull ups and lat pull downs are basically the same though
>>
File: 1487867093342.jpg (3KB, 153x131px) Image search: [Google]
1487867093342.jpg
3KB, 153x131px
MFW I was accused of lying when I posted a /v/ related topic in /fit/ without realizing it.
>>
>>40527669
If you want to lose as little strength and size as possible definitely ease up on the cut. Im fairl sure your body instinctual wishes to cut muscle before or at a similar rate as fat. If you're training you'll probably be fine, as muscle only becomes catabolic after two weeks, which is a fact I do knowm
>>
>>40538203
Help
>>
>>40535461
>I sort of prefer bodyweight because I can go to failure without some heavy ass weight falling on me, looking at u bench press

Practice failing safely so when it happens you know what to do
>>
This might sound really dumb but how do you know when to stop at the gym?

For example when doing bicep curls I can do 3x10 at a heavy weight which is what the program I follow tells me to do.
But after about 30 minutes doing other exercises I feel like I've recovered enough to do another 3x10 set of bicep curls
>>
What's the highest calorie tasty portable snack? Feels like I need to make a mess to get any decent amount of calories into me.
>>
>>40538246
what is IF for then?
>>
>>40538583
Controlling appetite to lose weight. You only lose weight by eating at a calorie deficit.
>>
>>40538598
so if I don't struggle to control my calories, doing IF is pointless? theres no other benefits?
>>
>>40527904
>Building a gaming PC
>Valuable skill
Pick one man.
>>
>>40527482
I'm 6'2", 185 lbs, and need to gain muscle

Based on what I've looked up, my requirements to gains are 255g protein, 69g of fat, 250g carbs, and 4000 calories in general.

Are my calculations accurate or did I fuck up somewhere?
>>
Is Strong Lifts really meant to give you 5 sets at full working weights?

The other two (Reg Parks, SS) say 3 sets at full working weight, with 2 before as warm ups with lesser weight.

I'm supposed to be doing 7 fucking sets of each exercise? Or am I mistaken?
>>
>>40535203
Nah, it's best kind. It's girls that you can actually fuck, not just random LA sluts. It can give motivation, not just a false fantasy.
>>
>>40538654
Your numbers are fucked. 4k calories at 6'2"? I'm 6'6" and was gaining at 3k when I started.
>>
>>40538654
That seems good. >>4053868 is full of dicks
>>
>>40537967
bump
>>
>>40538654
seems too high, you don't need so many protons and calories unless you want to get fat
>>
>>40527669
there's no fucking way your tdee is 3500 kcal

i'm 6'2 105 kg and all my lifts are 30 kg stronger than yours and my tdee is around 3k. also im cutting @2k kcals and havent lost any strength in last 2 months so i think you'll be good
>>
>>40538667
I think there are supposed to be more than 2 warm up sets unless you've just started and lift not much more than the bar. But yes, there are 5 working sets in strong lifts + warm ups.
>>
I woke up with a random bruise on my elbow. I didn't even workout yesterday due to a rest day. What do?
>>
>>40538121
same problem

try covering your ears with your fingers and it should work, tried once and it did.

I thank the guys that use those loud hand dryers, suddendly im able to piss
>>
Bros some girl just BRRRRAAAAPPPP'ED near me what the fuck I started laughing because I was looking at her ass also and it reminded me of you fuckers
>>
File: 6064.jpg (141KB, 446x508px) Image search: [Google]
6064.jpg
141KB, 446x508px
>>40535153
halp
>>
can someone figure out how many calories I burn during the day?

>sleep 8 hours
>wake up
>shower, get dressed
>go to work
>work for 8 hours, sales man, so half on my feet, half sitting at my desk
>get home
>take my ritual evening shit
>home workout for 30 minutes
>rest of the time on the couch until bed.

@6'3 and 220 pounds, eating 2000-2500 calories a day.

Goal is weight loss, at any rate. As long as it's happening.
>>
>>40539513
Try 2300 and if you lose a lb a week perfect if not eat less simple really.
>>
>>40536058

Is it achievable within a 2 year time frame?
This is basically my goal physique
>>
>>40539865
and how are we supposed to know what you're starting from idiot
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.