[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you feel like lifting has moved your political beliefs to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: firsthistoryofman.jpg (33KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
firsthistoryofman.jpg
33KB, 600x338px
Do you feel like lifting has moved your political beliefs to the right at all?

It has for me, and it's interesting because a lot of guys that I went to high school with were edgy emo fags in school then started lifting weights and are now Republicans lol.
>>
File: 1461440936158.jpg (12KB, 336x336px) Image search: [Google]
1461440936158.jpg
12KB, 336x336px
>>40523384
Yes

I now lift for God and Country
>>
>>40523384
Not really. I've swung left recently after discovering how heavily people who actually work and earn wealth get fucked over with those who simply hold debts and are part of the financier classes.

Lifting hasn't changed this, becoming socially minded and reading has.
>>
File: IMG_1033.jpg (40KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1033.jpg
40KB, 640x640px
I'm about to complete my first year lifting and have recently swung right. Not sure what the correlation would be but yeah.
>>
>>40523414

I feel you. I guess I'm still a centrist in that I agree with you there, but I used to be so much farther left. Now that Republicans most likely are going to keep Obamacare I might be ready to jump aisles.

>>40523438

I'm not sure either.
>>
>>40523397
God is ashamed at the display of mixed grip rather than sheer grip force double overhand or hook grip.
>>
>>40523384
after years of lifting i've gotten more liberal, so i don't see any correlation
>>
>>40523438
Probably the discovery of a form of self sufficiency.

>>40523463
I'm British so live in a completely different economy and social environment. If I was American I'd be looking for any alternative for your current situation of rampant corporatism though.

Domestically the biggest problems are related to living on a small island which dramatic class divides. When our working class was gutted by Thatcher in the 80s nothing was put in place to reinvest in those people most heavily affected. Instead the mobility of world capital has allowed the labour share of wealth to get massively squeezed to the extent that capital wealth has increased by 125% in real terms but wage growth has only been 5%. The disparity in this happens to be the increase in productivity of the workforce. The conclusion to this is that the last 30 years has enabled a wealth transfer from those who work full time to those who assets.

The people who own assets then fucked it all up and required a bailout, which is being paid for by those who work full time. It's an absolute disgrace that nobody seems to address. Instead the smoke and mirrors are set up to blame government spending as the cause when actually it was American banks lending money to people they shouldn't have and European banks gambling on the value of that debt being way higher than it really was.In response government services are cut to pay for the error in capital acquisition and the people who are punished the most had nothing to do with it.

Centrists will just let this happen again since they are inherently averse to change that is reformist enough to rock the boat a little.
The right wing are just chasing a xenophobic and populist rhetoric in order to get a look in at power, but won't actually change the system since the people running the show are wealthy and derive their wealth from assets.
The left (fairly hard left) is the only group who have identified the core of the issue and have historic solutions.
>>
>>40523384
Not really. I sadly don't sway much in other direction since I have my own opinions and visions of how govt should work. Left has moved my social politics though with how I interact with people and whom
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.