[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pain underneath knee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Gray1240.png (79KB, 250x407px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Gray1240.png
79KB, 250x407px
Hey /fit/. I do long distance running and recently I've got a pain right below my kneecap. Has anyone ever experienced a pain here? Is it from overuse or did I tear something?
>>
>>40519830

running is the worst exercise for your knees, I get TONS of patients that come in for knee pain. Go do swimming instead.
>>
File: 1270605733435.png (95KB, 630x592px) Image search: [Google]
1270605733435.png
95KB, 630x592px
>>40519998
>>
>>40519998
Well, it isn't really my knee that is bothering me. It's a muscle or something right below my knee. Tuberosity of tibia is what it is called I think.
>>
I get this while squatting, it feels like there's a point in the bone that stresses so much it feels like it could break. I'm not treating it as a free pass to never squat again, but as my squat gets heavier I'm more unsure if I should keep doing it.
>>
>>40519998
You're not a doctor.
>>
>>40520104
Forgot to add that I have no idea what it is, but extensive googling suggests it may be poor ankle mobility (which I doubt) or relatively weak quads, which make sense given my tendency to lean forward during squats.
>>
1) Fix your form. Land midfoot.
2) Watch how much pressure you put on when you land.
3) Check your cadence.
4) Vary your terrain if you can.
5) Check your shoes.
6) Slow the fuck down. You don't have to go fast all the time.

>>40519998
Oh boy, this broscience bullshit again.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
>>
>>40520148
>Slow the fuck down. You don't have to go fast all the time.

But anon. I gotta go fast.
>>
>>40520171
Possibility. Is this the only terrain you have available? When possible, I usually do my long, slow runs on trails or at least pea gravel. This is mainly due to the fact that asphalt and many other hard surfaces can return a lot of force back into you. Softer surfaces will absorb more of the impact. This will give you a bit of rest from the repeated hard impacts.
>>
>>40520249
>Possibility. Is this the only terrain you have available? When possible, I usually do my long, slow runs on trails or at least pea gravel. This is mainly due to the fact that asphalt and many other hard surfaces can return a lot of force back into you. Softer surfaces will absorb more of the impact. This will give you a bit of rest from the repeated hard impacts.

Yes, the asphalt track is the only terrain available. I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere so I've though about doing cross-country but no trails are available for me.
>>
>>40520226
Only once or twice a week you do with 800-repeats and tempos.
>>
>>40520283
can you run on the inside or outside of the track? like, on dirt or grass or whatever may be there? that'd be much better.

I started back at running some time ago and experience a pain on the back of my leg, directly behind my knee. It feels like I pulled something and I'm sure it's from forcing my stride to be to large in order to run faster instead of just slowing down to match it naturally. I just took some Advil, wrapped it while I slept, and made sure to stretch it a lot. After a week it was better.
>>
Two things

1) Stop running

2) Stop being a fag
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.