[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Couch to 5K work? How fast are you meant to run exactly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: N67h8[1].jpg (596KB, 2576x3200px) Image search: [Google]
N67h8[1].jpg
596KB, 2576x3200px
Does Couch to 5K work?

How fast are you meant to run exactly? Because I get winded after only 5 minutes of running
>>
I did something similar to the couch to 5k about 7 years ago.

It works if you actually do it. And you're going to be ver slow. You get faster as you do it more and more. My first 5k 6 years ago was 27 mins; I did the Disneyland 5k last fall in 22 min

Now I run 2 miles every few days. I barely break a sweat when I run 2 miles; its a nice warmup on ab days.
>>
>>40518157
Would I be better off following a different plan?

I went straight to week 4 and I'm doing it every day instead of 3 days a week
>>
>>40518200

You're going to want at least 1 rest day especially if you're out of shape.

Its not a good idea to run that hard every day.
>>
>>40518240
I used to run regularly but had surgery so I didn't run for 6 months
>>
You will get winded after 5 minutes of running. So walk a bit then run again. The longer you run in a session, the less tired you get ( ironically) and the longer you can go without rest. Don't get discouraged. It's called the "second wind" and it is why fighters warm up before a fight and come in all sweaty already. There's your first wind, then you tire and as your body warms up you get your second wind. Just don't stop, when you get tired, walk at a brisk pace then as soon as you feel ready, run again. Even if you do that, you can do the 5k in 30 minutes within a couple weeks I'm sure.
>>
>>40518240

Boxers do 5km a day every single day at dawn, it's basic roadwork. This goes up to 10km before fights, and it doesn't even include the actual training sessions and workouts. 5k is a 30 minute run. Some kids run that to get to school every day in rural areas.
>>
>>40518022
which weight is too much to jog/run? i mean in too fat for your joints to handle it?
>>
>>40518545
Depends on you I think, unless you're like 350lbs

I went from 130lbs to 190 in a year and when I started running I got shin splints every time until I built muscle there from running
>>
It works really well, to be honest. If you've ran regularly before you can probably start a couple weeks in and be fine. Don't worry about speed, just run/jog and focus on getting to the time. Speed will come with time.
>>
Will I fuck anything up if I run 3,5km twice a day 5 times a week?
>>
>>40519012
no. i run a 10k daily and have for a while now. just make sure your gait isn't fucking retarded and if you notice unusual soreness/pain, don't be afraid to take a break.
>>
>>40519031
Thanks fampai. Gonna check some videos for proper stance.
>>
>>40518592
That's not how shin splints work, anyone can get them from bad form. You probably just developed the correct running gate after a while.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.