[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cutting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hello /fit, I'm in need of some advice. I've never done a cut before.

Height
>5'11"

Weight
>190 lbs

Macros
>20%carbs 30%fat 50%protein

Calories
>2000 a day roughly

Let me share a little background first. At my heaviest I weighed 280 pounds. It has always been my goal to have a physique I could be proud of. This winter I put on some muscle in hopes that I could just cut once the warmer weather came around. With spring right around the corner I'm finally burying the hatchet with this unwanted fat. I've been on a low carb diet for the past week. Getting carbs strictly from low gi foods (cutting wheat out completely). Along with my diet I've reworked my weightlifting schedule. Hitting the weights 6 times a week while doing high reps and keeping my heart rate up throughout my one, one and a half hour workouts. My cycle goes as follows:

>day 1: chest, delts
>day 2: upper/lower back & traps
>day 3: legs & abs
>repeat

I am currently NOT doing any type of cardio afterwards and that's my big question today, should I? If so, how long & how often? How should I fit it into my schedule? Now I've done my research and it's suggested that I dedicate days for cardio and do full body workouts rather than split them up. I know I should be doing compound excersises (and I do), it also suggests I do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. My only problem with cardio is of course losing my muscle mass. I know that it's still too early to know how my progression has been going so I'm just going to ask you, am I missing anything? What should/ shouldn't I be doing? My goal here is to cut as much fat as possible while keeping as much of my muscle as possible.
>>
no idea but you look good. keep it up.
>>
>>40517739
Thanks anon.

I'll accept "yeah, everything checks out op" as an answer as well ahah. Also, based off the picture alone, what would you say my body fat percentage is anons?
>>
Macros seems wrong to me.

Why are you getting 250g protein? Seems like way too much. Why not up the carbs and lower protein to 190g?
>>
>>40517078
>Along with my diet I've reworked my weightlifting schedule. Hitting the weights 6 times a week while doing high reps and keeping my heart rate up throughout my one, one and a half hour workouts.

Stupid stupid. Volume and cutting don't mix. Go 4 times a week, ramp up the intensity and lower the volume.
>>
Looking good ohpee
I took my bulk too far and want to lose fat
I want to know when best to add cardio too
>>
>I am currently NOT doing any type of cardio afterwards and that's my big question today, should I
AHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>40517929
I figured eating less carbs will cause my body to resort to using fat for fuel.

>>40517958
I'm not doing ridiculously high reps, I tend to stay in the 10 range. Just taking short breaks in between sets with a mediocre weight. Is 6 days a week too much? Is that overtraining?

>>40518039
Thanks anon! Been big my whole life, finally putting my foot down. It's ridiculous how many contradictions there are on the internet with regards to cardio. I figure with my low caloric intake along with cutting carbs with my workout cycle it will get rid of the need for cardio.

>>40518060
I have nothing against cardio, I'm just afraid with my low carb/calorie intake my body will resort to eating away muscle
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.