[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 35

File: 1486979161214.gif (263KB, 702x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1486979161214.gif
263KB, 702x1018px
LOL
>>
the shit people come up with because they cant spend 3 times a week for maybe an hour to exercise and eat decently
>>
>implying even 1% of the people who say shit like this actually spend all their time reading books or other "curious" things.

Most of the people who use these kind of arguments for not exercising are fat boring shits themselves.
>>
>>40516437
this comic is right about one thing though:

no-one actually cares

which also means you are free to pursue your hobbies like lifting
dont lift for others, lift for yourself
>>
>>40516437
comic made by insecure faggots with zero self esteem to lie to themselves about everything they feel and live
>>
File: 1488024157852.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488024157852.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
>>
Heh heh
>>
File: whylift.png (498KB, 1216x611px) Image search: [Google]
whylift.png
498KB, 1216x611px
/fit/ btfo

Reminder that women don't care about physique
>>
>"everyone has their own issues going on"
>"do whatever you want"
>"lifting makes you a douche"
>"id rather spend that time reading and being interesting"
>spends 7 hours a day couch-sitting watching tv
>>
>>40516548
>reminder that it doesn't matter what females think
>>
>>40516548
>reminder that if you lift solely for the purpose for women you are not better then betas who work solely for women
>>
I hate this gif comic format more than anything. All he animated was blinking. What was the point?
>>
File: 1468883213911.jpg (8KB, 276x277px) Image search: [Google]
1468883213911.jpg
8KB, 276x277px
>>40516437
Was there any need whatsoever for this to be animated?
>>
File: -1.jpg (13KB, 218x300px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
13KB, 218x300px
>>40516437
>>
>>40516548
>reminder those girls are 13 and he is 16
>>
File: zane-out.jpg (20KB, 236x504px) Image search: [Google]
zane-out.jpg
20KB, 236x504px
i find it ironic that the first panel notes how pointless judging others is only to essentially claim that other hobbies are superior. hell, the author directly implies that self-improvement involving the traditional arts are of a more curious nature than those of lifting.

it's not as though picking up the guitar was ever used for superficial means, or picking up a weight was ever for the sake of discovering how functional or impressive one's body can truly be.

no, my hobbies mean more because of a projected need for credibility in my pursuits. oops, i mean, not that at all. i sure am a champion of not caring, ha ha!
>>
>>40516510

yeah

I like how he thinks that being flabby and fat is "wrong" though

it's unhealthy and generally unattractive, those are the facts

doesn't mean you have to lift weights but at least do some sort of physical activity ffs
>>
>>
Zozzle
>>
File: tattoo on muscle.png (418KB, 1144x512px) Image search: [Google]
tattoo on muscle.png
418KB, 1144x512px
>>
File: 1483412004079.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483412004079.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>40516700
I despise nerds so much.
>>
Yes, he'll be saggy and boring. Surely not like me, the kind of person who spent hours making this pathetic fucking image.
>>
>>40516624
and they might be fat/ugly/his friends, who the fuck actually screenshot this thinking it made any point at all?
>>
>>40516437
Its quite pathetic, what's it to him how people spend their time, also it's like 2-3 hours a week, and in my case at least i listen to cool and interesting audiobooks.
>>
>>40516437
people against lifting always try to use the same handful of slanders against it, and the one i find most shallow is simply saying that it's boring, or that it's a waste of time because (x). some people do it because they deem it a worthy investment of time, the same as playing an instrument, not only for the skill, for the strength involved, but because it is fun for them. the idea that working out is a chore and cannot be fun, it must be torture, a waste of time, it's the worst defense against wanting to be sedentary. even if i only got half the gains from working out as i do, i would still do it.
>>
>>40516437
>that man is healthy and cares about his appearance what a loser!
>>
>>40517132
where do you think you are?
>>
>>40516437
>I don't want to waste time exercising
>Netflix is my life lol
>>
>>40517132
>weebshit talking about nerds

Wew
>>
>>40516437
I go to /ic/ and I work out.

This dude is just a faggot. sage.
>>
>2 frame gif with barely noticeable features
WOAH LOOK GUYS, A TRUE ARTIST
>>
>>40517132
>zombie meme
>nerd
lmao, fuck off normie
>>
>>40516437
who cares?
>>
>>40516715
What kind of molecule is that supposed to be again? I haven't had organic chemistry since high school.
>>
>>40516700
Why did zombies have to become a meme-tier monster anyway? They used to be cool in those older films and then the market became saturated.
>>
File: u wot m8.png (70KB, 260x284px) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.png
70KB, 260x284px
>>40516437
>don't be so judgemental

>make a shitload of assumptions
>make excuses for insecurities
>conclusion: it's ok to be a sack of shit just don't tel me I am

When will people get it that you don't have to spend a shitload of time in the gym to look remotely good? Why not get the best of both worlds? If you're so smart what happened to "healthy mind in a healthy body"? Why the fuck do you have to convince the whole world that your insecurities are somehow your strengths in some twisted manner? How the fuck do you not realize the irony of it all, insinuating that those who pursue different goals than you are freakish, boring or vain while being all of that yourself?

where is the love dude
>>
>>40516437
>everyone who lifts is a boring piece of shit who is secretly judging you
All I wanna do is lift and now I am piece of shit for enjoying this hobby?
>>
>>40517928
lifting weights isn't a hobby
>>
>>40516437
>in 50 years we will all be saggy but he'll be saggy and boring
In 50 years you'll be dead and i'll be saggy and alive
>>
>>40517943
neither is shitposting on fitness boards
>>
>>40516437
Why do people think you can't lift and also do all that other shit? It's like they never moved past that nerd vs jock mindset. Half the people I know that lift are fucking programmers.

>>40516479
fpbp
>>
File: 1425279670409.jpg (2KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1425279670409.jpg
2KB, 125x112px
>Dude you like working out and making your body stronger, healthier, and better looking, and reaping said benefits, all while enjoying the fruits that come from pure hard work? Lmao ur clearly boring and insecure excuse me while I stuff my face with garbage and never strain my weak flabby body

normies are pathetic, wretched creatures
>>
File: 04407987.jpg (76KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
04407987.jpg
76KB, 500x333px
>>40517900
Bingo
>>
>>40517802
caffeine
>>
>>40516437
this makes me think

do people read books, have hobbies and go live adventurous lives because they WANT to? or because they feel validated when they do that shit.

What's so wrong with devoting your free time to lifting weights and reading the occasional (read <1 per month) book?

people are so fucked up pushing this kind of thought, this is why I just ignore them and lift in the first place.
>>
>>40516437
My dad worked out plenty and stayed fit so that he was able to play any sport that I was interested in with me despite being 50 when I was 15. He ran a marathon when he was 19 and said that was one of the most trying but satisfying things he has ever done, it's what motivates me to do the same thing.

>But of course he's just a boring saggy old man who has no more life experience than some coach potato that spent his prime years making comics like this to justify his inability to find the motivation to improve his body.
>>
">tfw to inteligent to lift" the comic
>>
>>40517875
went the same way that the whole survivalist thing, there used to be some really interesting fucked up communities around.
My guess is that the social comment (at least in Romeros films) became boring, the same way that dying of exposure did for the survivalist.
>>
>>40516625
/thread
>>
>>40516479
lmao this was my exact thought
>>
>>40516510
They don't care because people like OPs pic are non existent to them because they never leave the house.
>>
>>40518048
this
I hate when in casual convos people try to hype some leisure activities as their hobbies just so they don't seem boring to others

>yea uhm I like traveling
no shit everybody does
>and I'm like playing the guitar
yea your four chords on that shitty walmart guitar with rusty strings sure blow me away
>also reading
facebook ain't reading m8

I'd rather have a discussion with somone who collects stams and can tell me a funny story about how he got that one rare nazi stamp than people blabbing away about stuff they don't know shit about or don't realize that they're so superficial on their "hobby" it hurts

I had a discussion with a dude that is tieing ropes for a living ffs just be passionate dude and basically anyhing can be cool, just don't be a dick about it

and basic bitches should just fuck off or realize that they're being idiots
>>
I get why the picture is a bit silly but I think all of you are missing something here. I have been a trainer for around 15 years, been on this board since its inception and I have to say the development has been fascinating.

There is a bit of a problem developing amongst the teens/early and mid 20s people which has been rapidly gaining traction in the last year or so and I think it ties in ironically with the OP which you're all laughing at. The addiction to how lean someone has become can be a problem as they build up anxiety around making any changes for fear their leaness will be taken away. They've overly identified with the fruits of their action not the benefits of being healthy and fit. They've wrapped up their self worth in the praise they get from others or stolen looks they get from guys/girls in the gym. Note these are all phenomenally fit people who are still struggling with their body image.

Here's a test for you; take a step back and write down the benefits of training that are NOT aesthetics related - the alternative can be (and almost always is with young gym goers) what im seeing all the time which is burnt out, chronically fatigued people that may look fit but never feel fit - and that is genuinely a travesty. It certainly wasn't this bad 20 years ago.

Good luck all
>>
>>40516437
> All lifters are meatheads meme

The sheer delusion that failed normies will delve into to justify their lack of willpower.
>>
Heh you mindless sheeple lifting food objects into your mouth...
You're so pathetic, still caring about self sustenance, yeah you'll live more than a month from now, but will it really be worth it, being subject to this monotonous routine?
I'll just enjoy lying around dying, because that's what I like, there's no way to enjoy anything else, it jsut takes so much effort.
>>
>>40518176
Spot on m8.

A girl said to me she volunteers at a refugee shelter.
Fact was: She went there, took pictures of the few children (for fagbook selfies) and was disgusted by 99% of the other refugees and never came back.
>>
>>40518176
>tfw no real hobbies.

I used to say video games but that's just not accurate anymore.
>>
>>40518317
I finally got a good job and I am looking forward to getting a real hobby. Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but I basically couldn't afford a real hobby until this point in my life.
>>
>>40518195
>the benefits of training that are NOT aesthetics related

I dunno man I feel like anyone that lifts for an extended period of time gains a greater appreciation for how their body works, for diets, for what muscles actually are, how important rest is etc.

That being said yeah I've totally been there, the fear that missing a workout will fuck you over is real. There's a stigma around resting yourself, people would rather overwork and get stress injuries than take a day off. It's pretty cool from one perspective but sad and disconcerting from another.
>>
>>40518317
well, doesn't matter, people got other shit to do
I had many well rounded and smart people say that they don't have any hobby because they simply don't have the time or ambition to put energy into it

still better than selling "putting on fancy shoes every other day" as fashionista bs
>>
>>40518338
I don't have a career, but I do have a job and some money and time floating around, but I just want to "relax" (internet. youtube, etc) before I go to work everyday and then "relax" when I come home before I go to bed.

No drive, no motivation, no discipline, no goals except do literally nothing all day. It's actually got so bad that if I'm out shopping I try to do it as fast as possible just so I could get home and do nothing. Because if I wake up at 10am I "only" have 6 hours until work. and if I go out then that "wastes" an hour or two.

>>40518394
see above paragraphs. It's not like I have a time consuming career or anything.
>>
>>40518423
well if you think you lack something to do in your free time that try finding something

maybe something you wanted to do as a kid? except vidya all day ofc
>>
>be into films, animating and making music
>decide i was fat and unhealthy and that i wanted to change my life
>got into fitness and nutrition, feel better than ever
>lost like 80 lbs, went from 4/10 to 6/10

Partially out of self betterment and wanting to have a better future, and also due to bad experiences being a fat fuck earlier in my life.

Fuck you comic, if it was for shit like you i'd have stayed a fat fuck.
>>
You can listen to audiobook while lifting if that is so important to you.

WHAT NOW, ATHEISTS?
>>
>>40518446
What I want in my free time is for time to move as slowly as possible. That's why I do basically nothing because watching youtube all day feels like 6 hours, instead of doing something fun or going out which makes it feel like 3 hours. for example.

"time flies when you're having fun".

I know it's a fucked perspective but so far it's the only one that I actually kinda like, extending time so it feels as long as possible.
>>
>>40516715
A guy I went to college with had the testosterone molecule tattooed on his forearm and he always wore a t-shirt. Just needed to get that off my chest.
>>
>>40518524
I do that
>>
>>40517943
I see people say this all the time here. How is it not?
I spend many hours a week at the gym improving my strength, form, mobility, and coordination. I spend time learning new routines and techniques. I learn about proper nutrition and other lifestyle habits so that my lifts can improve. I even buy fancy shoes to help me lift better and shorts to feel comfy in. There's a social scene as well once you get to know other people at the gym. It's just like any other hobby in the world.
>>
>>40518535
I'm pretty sure you're me.
>>
>>40518195
>write down the benefits of training that are NOT aesthetics related

I genuinely enjoy using my body and working up a sweat. Feeling your lats squeeze when doing rows or pulldowns is an amazing feeling, physically. Also the mental aspect is great. I hate bench pressing but I still get under the bar and push that shit even though I'm hesitant and a bit intimidated by the weight. When I get one more rep or add a little bit more weight it's all worth it. It feels awesome.

Also like >>40518383 said, you get a better understanding/appreciation of your body.

I've also made some great friends at my gym in the couple years that I've been going there. We just have a good time challenging ourselves and each other, sharing info, and just hanging out. It sounds corny but it's a really positive environment to be in and it's kind of addicting once you're into it.
>>
>>40518535
>>40518869

But is that time really worth anything when you look back on it? You might feel like you had all this extra free time that lasted forever, but was it really put to good use?
>>
File: 1473294626465.png (452KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1473294626465.png
452KB, 785x757px
>>40516437
>nobody cares or judges you for what you look like!
>look at that dumb meathead wasting his time lifting metal! read a book like me doofus!
>>
>>40516548
>teenagers
>only two replies
>one is probably his girlfriend
>>
>>40518992
>one of them is him
>>
>>40518941
Of course not. It's a very short sighted way of looking at things and I never thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>40517943
Neither is reading fiction but people act like it is
>>
>>40517973
I beg to differ
>>
>>40519172
who is the gatekeeper of what is and is not a hobby? i need a checklist or something to make sure my hobbies are actually hobbies
>>
>>40516606
George looks good with a mustache
>>
>>40516437
>I'd rather read a book, draw a picture, play music or talk with friends.
You can do all of that while lifting with a home gym.
>>
>>40518195
I'm a grill so idk but I got into boxing and like the confidence that has brought. I also like just being slightly stronger than average. I can carry more shit than before. It just feels cool to pick some shit up and some girls around me are calling for some dude to pick it up instead. And I can do a handstand which just feels badass. I can run with my dog a few times a week and get around easier. I'm not winded going up a couple flights of stairs like I used to get just a year ago.

But I didn't get into gym/cardio/fitness shit to get aesthetic. I figured weightloss was entirely in diet and that could be done without the gym so that was my aesthetic concern. So when I made my whole fitness goals it was related to very little aesthetic shit. Mainly just it'd be neat to get abs and build butt. But otherwise I just really didn't wanna be so weak anymore and wanted to be able to do basic shit like pull ups and push ups and run without being a bitch about it.

And yoga has helped with a lot of pain management and my posture. Shit's wild. Used to hate that I was such a clutz and yoga has helped in that in ways I can't begin to get into. 11/10 just get some vids off youtube and you get so much out of it for so little investment.
>>
>OMG I READ A BOOK I DREW A PAINTING LOOK AT ME IM SO SPECIAL

fuck off
>>
File: 1479002757646.png (136KB, 468x310px) Image search: [Google]
1479002757646.png
136KB, 468x310px
>>40516437

>went to the gym
>accidentally read a book afterwards

Fuck shit, help me /fit/, what the fuck do I do now?

Am I going to die?
>>
>>40518423
You should try some stuff and see if you fall in love. Nothing makes life feel better than passions.
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 398x154px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 398x154px
>>40517943
what's your definition?
>>
>>40518338
me too
I'm getting into woodworking, gardening, and general DIY home improvement instead of just playing video games, watching anime, and masturbating all day
>>
>>40520203
You fool! Books kill gainz and cause gyno
>>
>>40517984
I'm a programmer and my friends(also programmers) all work out.

Found your comment to be relatable.
>>
File: 1485543421912.jpg (44KB, 485x475px) Image search: [Google]
1485543421912.jpg
44KB, 485x475px
>>40518195
>burnt out, chronically fatigued people that may look fit but never feel fit

Me desu
>>
>>40518524
>not taking a book into the gym to read between sets
>>
>>40519212
Hobby : An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.
>>
>>40516437
I actually just lift 30-45 mins a day, 4 times a week + sports so I dont know what this comic is on about. Fat acceptance again?
>>
>>40517959
>>in 50 years we will all be saggy but he'll be saggy and boring
>In 50 years you'll be dead and i'll be saggy and alive

My thoughts exactly friendo. I had a further thought:

Today, I am swole, and he is not.
In 20 years, my sons will be swole, and they will fuck his wife's daughters or his wife's son's GF
in 50 years my grandsons will be swole, and the circle of chad will continue.

These people like to pretend that gains are ephemeral (and therefore shallow), but if you teach your kids, your gains will echo in eternity.
>>
>>40516437
>"I read therefore I am intellectual"
>reads fantasy books meant for teenagers
This shit needs to stop
>>
I really, really loathe faggy/effeminate men. I don't know why, they just really irritate me.
>>
File: 1484614484518.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1484614484518.gif
2MB, 350x350px
>>40516437
Ladies... I draw comics. Please form a line.
>>
>>40516437
>some meat head slapped my gfs ass and she giggled instead of being upset: the comic
>>
What's even worse is when people decide they want to get fit but decide lifting's stupid, so they decide to do some sort of "alternative" sport, like parkour or some martial art or rugby. This almost always leads to a dyel/chubster walking around with a pretentious air about them because of the special snowflake activity they partake in.
>>
>>40516700
whats wrong with wanting to out run the dead?
>>
>>40518176
this
home boy nerd that collects bow ties is pretty bro tier
>>
>>40517875
Because liberals can identify with them.
>>
>Speak 4 languages
>read 600 pages a month min on top of reading research journals on a daily basis
>play guitar for years
>head to museum or performing arts 1x a month min
>465/335/525 @ 181
whenever someone says something like this, just say "project your insecurities more"
>>
>>40521816
this

>lived in asia for 6 years
>speak 5 languages
>military police officer
>fuck bitches from various nations and visit said nations
betas btfo
>>
File: 1435827302412.jpg (143KB, 700x490px) Image search: [Google]
1435827302412.jpg
143KB, 700x490px
HAHA
>>
shit dude this comic really got the old noodle poodlin. I better run out and start a bunch of hobbies so people think I'm interesting. because while no one cares about how you look, EVERYONE cares about whether or not you can play guitar or draw. It's not like people don't care about that stuff either and are more focused on the most minor aspects of their lives instead of anything that might be happening in yours.
>>
File: 1487096506649.jpg (179KB, 736x680px) Image search: [Google]
1487096506649.jpg
179KB, 736x680px
>>40516479
>168 hous in week
>Can't spend 3 hours at least
When putting it this way you can't help but to get disgruntled at their excuses
>>
>>40517900

Because that takes effort and doing what you're already doing (aka leading a "curious" life) does not
>>
>>40516437
/wsr/ing the one where he start off with "Sorry you had another stroke Carl"
>>
>>40517984
>/fit/
>nothing but lifters
the OP pic is babytalk
>>40518048
>occasional (read <1 per month) book
you are a piece of shit.
Keeping in shape is mindless, basic shit, reading is your mind's diet.
>>
>>40518176
Is competitive video games a hobby
>>
>>40516437

The beta cuck in the blue collared shirt is not going to fail with women because he's flabby. He's going to fail with women because he thinks that reading a book, drawing a picture, playing music and talking with friends will make him interesting.

Also, shit man, you can get jacked on five hours of exercise a week. You can learn to cook delicious, wholesome things as part of the lifestyle. You can listen to music and audiobooks at the gym. You can lift with friends. Or you can do none of these things and still have tons of free time to read, draw, listen to music, give people shit for doing what makes them happy, and otherwise make yourself a boring, self-important beta cuck.
>>
>>40518195
I get less sore from day-to-day activities, have more energy than before, and feel all around better in my body, regardless of its appearance.
>>
File: 1480266955747.png (669KB, 1043x1397px) Image search: [Google]
1480266955747.png
669KB, 1043x1397px
>>40522118
>>
>>40518195

>trackable undeniable progress is nice
>helps with my sleep disorder
>fixed my posture
>fixed everyday pains and aches
>sometimes have a feeling of pure euphoria whilst cycling home after a great session

also this may or may not be aesthetics related but

>looking better and filling out my clothes has made me more confident which in turn makes me more comfortable and content in social situations
>>
>>40522118
THEN I TAKE AND I AN ICE COLD SLAP MYSELF SHOWER IF I EVEN
>>
>>40519394
>I'm a girl lol

Fuck off roastie
>>
>>40516437
Blatant hypocrisy
>>
>>40518195
I genuinely enjoy training.
Also it's a major confidence boost know that I can reenact the scene where Bane breaks batman's back over his knee if I really want to.
>>
>tfw strongman and powerlifter
>tfw one of the best jazz pianists in the state
All normies assume is that I'm a retard who just lifts weights. Pisses me off so much.
>>
>>40521816
>>40521844
Oh yeah?
I speak six languages, get on my level cucks.
>>
>>40516437
>Coping mechanisms
I love Books tho, esp. Psychology ones
>>
>You can't read a book AND work out
There just isn't enough time lads
>>
>>40521581
trigger warning pls
>>
>>40518195

Fuckin quality post m8.

Here's what I enjoy about training; PRs are fun, I have more energy, and I get knee pain if I don't do squats (not even memeing lads). And I know you said 'benefits not related to aesthetics' but there's definitely a nice feeling that comes with having bigger muscles, like when you get some nice new clothes or you have a big dong.
>>
>>40516437
If he thinks that he doesn't have time to go to the gym, its a sign of bad time management. And if you really, genuinely don't have any time to go to the gym, or at least exercise, you have other issues you need to figure out (find a job with a normal amount of hours, tell your girlfriend you need some time to yourself, etc.) No one's life is so full that they don't have an hour to spare.
>>
>>40516510
people don't consciously care, but you are definitely treated better if you're fit and people respect you more. It's subconscious, like if I am going to hire a person, I'm more likely to think the person that is fit, well-groomed and eats well is way more reliable and well-put together and trustworthy to get a job done than someone that is flabby, even if they're more qualified on paper. This reaction is increased the fatter or more out of shape they are. How can I trust part of my business in the hands of someone that can't even take care of themselves? The fit person has more discipline and is likely more organized/scheduled.
>>
>>40520203
Enjoy your nogains.
>>
>>40522027
>smug
Jesus, this one is more hypocritical thank the OP pic.
>>
This sounds exactly like the kind of autist who spergs over Harry Potter and thinks he's super intelligent for reading a children's book.
>>
>>40516437
such smugness.
Also
>implying implications.
>>
>>40522539
Do you wear an elevation mask?
>>
This is what ugly people actually believe

So you read a book and are interesting? Guess what, no one actually cares about that either
>>
File: hungry snail gets fed.gif (2MB, 420x298px) Image search: [Google]
hungry snail gets fed.gif
2MB, 420x298px
>>40516437
>Read a book
>Draw a picture
>play music
>talk with friends
But you can do this (except drawing) while lifting
>what are audiobooks
>what are headphones
>what are gymbros
>>
>>40519394
T U C S O N
U
C
S
O
N
>>
File: DFW.png (242KB, 638x388px) Image search: [Google]
DFW.png
242KB, 638x388px
Nobody can into > Brain is body too
>>
How many people actually have a hobby? Liking stuff you do on tuesday nights are not hobbies (traveling, reading, cooking). A hobby is like constructing RC cars or drones or classic cars or chess or collecting stamps or whatever

I couldn't even think of any hobbies I have. Video games don't count
>>
>>40523314
>Liking stuff you do on tuesday nights are not hobbies (traveling, reading, cooking)
That is still a hobby you fuckwit
>>40520521
>>
>>40523322
But everybody loves traveling. That's like listing sex or quality food as a hobby
>>
>>40523301
>he doesn't sketch the cardio bunnies in between sets

ngmi
>>
>>40523314
Believe it or not, lifting weights is a hobby if youre passionate about it. Most people associate it with health and go to the gym or on a jog sporadically. If youre planning your macros, following a proven program, reading literature on the subject, and spend time on fitness forums then guess what... this is a hobby.
>>
>>40523314
Since we video games don't count? I fail to see how video games are NOT a hobby.
>>
>>40519008
kekd
>>
>>40523328
just cause almost everybody does it doesn't mean it's not a hobby.

regular sex you could argue is not a hobby as it's a basic human need the same way as eating, sleeping and shitting even though they can all be pleasurable.

sex and eating CAN become hobbies if there's something special about it such as eating out in restaurants regularly can be a hobby or having regular bondage sessions and being into sex toys and stuff can make sex a hobby

you thinking like there's some kind of a list of hobbies that are the only real hobbies is fucking ridiculous and you're stupid
>>
>>40523364
I mean drwaing during sets.
>>
>>40523004
You never were an employer, right?

The situation for many employees is:
>40-50 hours shifts
>shit paid (basically minimum wage)
>older than 35
>children and other family to take care of
>long hours to drive home

And you still expect them to go to the gym to respect them?
>>
>>40517670

Me too! But not a single one of my peers has ever touched a weight. I think most consider it "lowly".
>>
>>40523314

>How many people actually have a hobby?

Most people don't understand that hobbies are something you improve and get better at doing.

In essence, hobbies verses things you do is the same as Rippetoe's training verses exercise.

Going to the gym every once in a while and never improving is not a hobby. Training is a hobby.
>>
>>40516485
Some of my friends are exactly like this
>why do you go to the gym, it's such a waste of time
>plays 4 games of league every day
>>
>>40516543
Do ankle weights even do anything but fuck up your joints?
>>
>>40524229
Spread joy by making other people laugh.
>>
>>40523287
You don't have to attack reading just because some absolute faggot attacked lifting. There's nothing wrong with reading and there's nothing wrong with fitness. The problem here is the faggotry.
>>
>>40518176
>Traveling is a hobby
>Travel to a resort 2x a year
>Stay in hotel and nearby beach for all week
>Have zero interesting stories from abroad to tell
They went to Alps once and didn't ski ONCE during that week.
That's not how hobbies work.
>>
>>40522027
This is so bad that it almost seems like satire.
>>
>>40522603
>All normies assume is that I'm a retard who just lifts weights.
As a former skeleton that didn't start lifting until my senior year of college, this is what I aspire to be. I want people to assume I'm a stupid meathead so I can later btfo them with my education and skills
>>
>>40524409
>not knowing Kelly

It is satire.
>>
>>40516437
>the truth is no one cares about the way you look
>except for me, the person who devoted a lengthy comic to describing how someone looks is wrong and triggering
>>
>>40523071
>>40524409
I guess there are brainlets in /fit/ that are too slow for Kelly
>>
>>40524438
Well that's a relief. Good comic desu.

>>40523404
For some reason, people on /fit/ like to argue that video games (and lifting) can not be hobbies. I think their reasoning is because at the end of a gaming session, you haven't really "created" anything like a model train or woodworking piece or a garden. You have nothing tangible to show for it and so it's just low brow "entertainment" rather than a hobby. I think those people are full of shit and just want to appear superior.
>>
>>40518317
this, ever since college and lifting, I play maybe 1 hour of video games a month, if that
>>
>>40523071
These comics are supposed to be ironic
>>
>>40524459
>tfw too muscular to read
>>
>>40522339
kek
>>
>>40522027
i love kelly because he's such easy bait, and yet people never realise that

and that fucking crying statue of liberty never fails
>>
>>40518706
Lifting is LIFE you DYEL!
>>40520521
>>40520857
>pleasure
>implying
>>
>>40516479
Dude I literally just finished my first 6 hour workout of the day. I was thinking about reading Nietzsche but decided my muscles were more important. This afternoon I shall train for another 6 hours, just in case I start going catabolic. At the end of the day we all have to make a choice about whether having muscles is more important than being a multi-lingual mathematics PhD world traveller. I envy those superior gentlemen who are not weighed down with the same dysmorphia as I, stuck in the gym 12 hours a day, while they waltz around the world consuming knowledge and culture.
>>
>>40516437
I bet he reads utter shit too if this is how he thinks
>heh... go to the gym? i would rather read
>n-no i just meant something like harry potter
>>
>>40524229
They're great for leg raises.
>>
>>40518195

Very good post. My college coach has a saying, "the process is the goal," which was really helpful in maintaining motivation and focus after both success and failure in competition. If I failed, it was okay, I just had to stick with the process and eventually I would succeed. Once I succeeded and hit a new level of achievement, I wasn't resting on my laurels because then I wasn't meeting my goal of doing right by the process.
>>
>>40518176
What stringent standards does a regularly performed leisurely activity have to meet before I can call it a hobby?
>>
>>40523314
Amateur Radio
Flying
Hiking
Electronics
Music
Driving

A whole bunch.
>>
Funniest part is that I actually love reading and drawing but that doesn't mean I don't spend and hour and half in tbe gym every morning these ppl have no conception of time management lifting takes less that 10 hours a week most ppl spend more time watching shit tv for longer than that
>>
>>40521329
this,
My dad thought me, I teach my little brother and hope he traches his sons
>>
>>40523404
people saying video games arent a hobby are just indirectly announcing to everyone that theyre retards and their opinions are to be discarded. how considerate of them
>>
File: tumblr_o8d4g71QXr1u6jismo5_1280.jpg (62KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8d4g71QXr1u6jismo5_1280.jpg
62KB, 605x605px
>>40518195
Training

>Health benefits
obviously
>Mental benefits
stems from physical health, eating well with a conditioned body
healthy body healthy mind
>Traditional
strong healthy man able to stand up for himself/others
or a healthy woman with plenty of energy to be a good mother or whatever
>Discipline
speaks for itself, diet and routines, avoiding indulgences
>Ability to cope and adapt
sometimes you do something wrong so you learn from experience and deal with it
>Happiness
when you get that PR you can feel like king of the world, I know I do

I have plenty more /pol/tier factors too but anyway,

You're just implying people train "to look good", I don't know what it's like in merica but in northern europe everyone and their mothers train in order to be "healthy" or for sports.

I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I GET THAT 4.5PL8
>>
File: 1482374228478.png (121KB, 316x255px) Image search: [Google]
1482374228478.png
121KB, 316x255px
>>40516437
>no-one cares how you look, and if they do, they're dicks
>basis of the comic is about shitting on people that work hard to look good

These fucking faggots i swear.
>>
>>40523314
i read a lot of fiction and study a lot for my course. In between all that and lifting I don't really have the time for other stuff. Also all the hobbies you mentioned apart from chess are prohibitively expensive for me
>>
>>40518195
>I enjoy training, it's like mediation somehow
>Feel more energised
>Helps me to have more organisation with my life
>Improves health and specifically insuline sensitivity (diabetes runs rampant in my family)
>Makes me eat healthier in general
>At the same time the extra muscle and weight in my frame elevates my daily caloric needs so I get to eat more just for maintenance which I love
>>
File: fit-pepe.jpg (26KB, 408x660px) Image search: [Google]
fit-pepe.jpg
26KB, 408x660px
>>40518195
Thanks for the post anon you really reduced my stress just now. I have only been lifting for a couple of months, I started for aesthetics but I have started to realise that looking good is just a side effect of treating my body well and feeling healthy.
>>
>>40516700
LOL
>>
>>40524922
>>Helps me to have more organisation with my life
I feel like absolute dogshit when I don't lift.

but if I go to the gym and do my C25k I feel like I'm doing good for myself and I don't see any reason to not continue the streak so I usually cook and clean after that or study my investment books or watch cartoons and smoke weed because I'm not 100% perfect even when I'm trying to improve myself.
>>
>>40524958
>I feel like absolute dogshit when I don't lift.
I get this, if I wake up early and lift then I have my whole day ahead of me feeling good. If I don't get up and go to the gym I will usually just stay in bed all day and hate myself for it.
>>
File: LWszG2P.png (388KB, 873x657px) Image search: [Google]
LWszG2P.png
388KB, 873x657px
>>40523404
>>40524483
>>40524775
video games are not a fucking hobby

Maybe you could tell that many years ago, when video games were actually difficult and required skills, but then everyone thought that video games are for children. As of now video games reached literally trash tier and every single game is made for literal retards. There's a fucking arrow in every game that shows you where to go, when you approach object or person it fucking shows which button you need to press in order to use item or talk to npc. How fucking retarded is that? Video games require no skills, no thinking, you are only pressing one button and watching this shit like it's tv.
>>
>>40524989
Competitive multiplayer games that you take seriously and that take skill are hobby. Otherwise it's like saying my hobby is watching tv
>>
>>40524999
also dark souls is pretty good.
>>
>>40523931
actually I have been and I said it was subconscious. There is a reason that fit and taller people overall are more successful/higher income earners. Subconsciously it projects power.

Same goes for meeting someone and seeing them as a potential date/mate or just some person you don't see that way. Fit/attractive people are more likely to project themselves as mate-worthy material and fatties are seen as "just friends" or "that guy."
>>
>>40524999
>Competitive multiplayer games
you mean neckbeard manchildren running aimbots in competetive games? this shit is same as roiders in sports
>>
>>40525005
>meme souls
But seriously I liked playing it but I railroad it entirely with the wiki ;-;
>>
>>40517943
Its a fuckikng LIFESTYLE BRUHHHH FIUUUUUUUUAAAAAARRRRRRJJKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
File: Takemi Takayasu.jpg (30KB, 400x594px) Image search: [Google]
Takemi Takayasu.jpg
30KB, 400x594px
>>40516437
>But he'll be saggy and boring
Not if he keeps it up into old age. He'll actually be interesting and have a healthier mind and body while everyone else is gonna need pills and canes
>>
>>40525103
>normie shooters
Utterly disgusting dudebro games. Next your going to say sports games are competitive.
>>
File: Futurism Keeping Active.jpg (748KB, 1069x867px) Image search: [Google]
Futurism Keeping Active.jpg
748KB, 1069x867px
>>40525268
>>
>>40517875
>Why did zombies have to become a meme-tier monster anyway?
because they spread like memes do

also because you can "fight back" for a while.
>>
>>40519394
M I C H I G A N
I
C
H
I
G
A
N
>>
>>40522845
where to get free rosetta stone?
>>
>>40525309
>>implying triathletes don't HOUSE both beer and bacon

The biggest beer snobs I know are distance runners, cyclists, and triathletes.
>>
>>40518195
Exfat

Being fit is simply in its base form better then any other option

I can know, Ive been every other option
>>
>>40516437

This kind of divisionism is why I get weird looks when I go into my local hobby shop to buy new D&D swag.

DON'T JUDGE A NERD BY HIS BODY
>>
>>40525309
Goddamn this triggered me

It must be some form of ego protection. Just because someone is in amazing shape doesn't mean they are lifeless robots who count every calories and don't do activities outside of fitness.

I mean holy shit do you honestly believe that the average overweight TV watcher is out here living life to the fullest and hanging out with friends.

They really think they are superior human beings to those who work out. Reminds me of my manlet italian co-worker who looks builtfat but is actully can't do a push up.
>>
File: 1484701860958.jpg (139KB, 535x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484701860958.jpg
139KB, 535x400px
>>40524530
>112 hours awake per week
>can't fit in all of this in a week
>>
>>40524710
>Driving
I drive.
>>
>>40523314

I love gardening, especially cultivating produce. Not much I can do on my shitty balcony but I'm aiming to acquire a small patch of land to fuck around with.
>>
>>40516437
Thats funny.
people think this unironically which is why i bring my guitar with me, so i can play classical music and make them feel like not only are they DYEL but boring in comparison as well.

>I also wear lifts with my boots even though i'm 6'3 and claim i'm only 6'0 (even tho im 6'4 with boots).
>>
>>40521816
>>read 600 pages a month min on top of reading research journals on a daily basis
That's basically nothing

>>play guitar for years
How is mentioning that you've been playing an instrument for some time insecure?
>>
>>40525766
do you wear the boots to the beach?
>>
>>40522027
Whats with the dead bird
>>
>>40524989
Bad bait.
>>
>>40525351
I've heard that Rosetta Stone isn't that great and you can learn just as much from free or very cheap apps like duolinguo (I think that's what it's called)
>>
>>40525798
No but being 6'3 I wade out into the deep when i have a manlet friend with me and see how far we can stand.

(still under the premise that the girls were around think im only 6'0)
>>
>>40518176

CORRECT
>>
>>40516437
>Beta TinTin

delete this
>>
>>40518195
>>40518195

ten out of fucking 10 post bruh

I didn't know General Iroh was posting on /fit/
>>
>>40524989
fuck you buddy skyrim is awesome
>>
>>40525766

My pyschologist said guys who bring down their Height have low self-esteem
>>
>>40516437
>Yeah just waste your youth guys! It is more important what people think of you when you're older!
>>
>>40516437
lmao stay mad fatties, i'll be walking around the beach getting mired by your whale gf while you wear a t shirt to try and hide your rolls
>>
>>40516700
I can dig it. Just so long as it gets her fit. Cuz goddamn I be she'll look good.
>>
>>40516715
ffs my girlfriend is getting that on her forearm (real close to her elbow) soon it's going to be dopamine guys...
>>
File: IMG_2592.png (227KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2592.png
227KB, 750x1334px
>>40516437
>>
>>40524229
they're good if you're recovering from a stroke or joint replacement.
>>
>>40516437
when will FATTIES learn that EVERY time I look at them, I see them for what they are, FAT, DISGUSTING PIECES OF SHIT
>>
Who gives a fuck what this faggot and his followers do? Why is this on /fit/? If anything, we will be more fit if he and his cronies drag down the average
>>
It's funny how these people convince themselves that the only way to be healthy is to become a friendless hermit obsessing over calories and macros.

Because I run 20+ miles and lift 2 or 3 times a week I can eat whatever the fuck I want and still look good.
>>
>>40525985

I think it was intended to be a bald eagle.
>>
>>40518176
True. Because someone who cares about something can talk you about it in a way that is genuinely interesting, if you're willing to listen, even if you don't think you would enjoy the activity itself.
>>
>>40525989
>>40526215
You're the reason gaming is dead now.
>>
>>40518195

This is a remarkable post.

>They've wrapped up their self worth in the praise they get from others or stolen looks they get from guys/girls in the gym

pls stop, reading me like a book.
>>
>>40526211

it looks like quads posting style (from back in the day)
>>
>>40516624
>those girls are 13
>>
>>40522980
I'm sure some people are actually too busy/tired but not many. Junior faculty at a top tier research university with a family at home would be pretty tough to find time to hit the gym. Maybe some jogging or something at home. Same thing for a surgeon with family at an understaffed hospital.

But your average desk jocky has no excuse.
>>
>>40524958
> I feel like absolute dogshit when I don't lift.
Ohhh this. Just had a really bad flu keep me out of the gym for THREE WEEKS, and now I _am_ dogshit. Lost 6kg from fever, starvation (just couldn't eat!) and lying in bed. Went back for the first time today, my squat 5 rep max has fallen from 130kg to 80kg.

You know what? Feels soooo good to be bsck. Might take some time to re-make those gains, but fuck it, the journey is the fun.
>>
>>40517802
Methamphetamine
>>
File: 1476332551084.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476332551084.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>40524686
Have an interesting story or few so you can tell people. I read comics but nothing comes out of it unless I talk to other comic book nerds. So it's not a hobby for most people.
>>
>>40518195
>the benefits of training that are NOT aesthetics related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g
>>
>>40530798
His suit magically regenerates as he flies away.
TRASH
>>
>>40518195
losing fat from exercises does two important things

more blood to your brain
more blood to your penis

either way, you win by exercising
>>
>>40516700

LOL so nerdy :)
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.