[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

low bar vs high bar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: low bar vs high bar.png (82KB, 617x282px) Image search: [Google]
low bar vs high bar.png
82KB, 617x282px
so whats better? low bar or high bar? i read somewhere that low bar is very similar to deadlifts, and therefore one should performing high bar...
>>
front squats
>>
>>40514383
I do something in between low-bar and high-bar, how fucked am I?
>>
>>40514440
if it's not on your traps or delts, how the fuck do you support the bar then?
>>
>>40514453
It goes on the extension of my shoulder, fag.
>>
>>40514383

Better for what?

High bar is a little more difficult to balance, so u can lift more with low bar

Why should u only pick one, just do both
>>
Low bar is better for your knees with proper form and also engages your hamstrings and glutes more than high bar. If you want to work quads more do highbar but i would recommend low bar.
>>
>>40514466
That would be your delt you fucking idiot.
>>
>>40514565
No it wouldn't you retarded faggot. It's on my traps and rear delt.
>>
>>40514383
high-bar is best if you have the physical attributes in order to do it
>>
tfw lowbar destroys my elbows
>>
>lowbar aka good mornings

highbar masterrace
>>
>>40514383
Bait.

If you had read SS, you'd know by now.
>>
>>40514397
fpbp
>>
>>40514383
Low bar if you wanna get a nice and tight ass, desu. But why would you limit yourself to 1 way of squatting. Just do them all dude. Don't be a pussy.
That's my life's motto: don't be a pussy. Feeling down and don't feel like going to the gym? Don't be a pussy. Feel like sucking a dick, but you're 'not gay'? Don't be a fkn pussy
>>
which one will give me a fat ass
>>
>>40514953
>>40514760
nevermind, saw this. what are front squats benefits?
>>
>>40514963
You'll get massive quads and look like a T-rex
>>
>>40515312
i see. so basically, low bar for ass, front for quads, and highbar for a mix?
>>
>>40514498
lol that's not why you can do more with lowbar.
>>
>>40515316
Low bar builds mad quads too.
>>
I prefer high bar squats but I don't actually have the shoulder mobility to comfortably perform low bar.
>if anyone has resolved this or has tips, let me know pls

It's less important that you pick one over the other, just pick one and get better at it. High bar may need extra posterior chain work through RDLs or similar. Low bar may need additional quad work through front squats or the like. You won't need that until you're at a decent weight.
>>
>>40515377
but which builds the biggest ass, lowbar? what with the greater use of hip drive as you ascend i have to imagine it would be
>>
>>40515400
Yeah, low bar should load your ass more.

But it's not as simple as >this does this and >this does that.
>>
>>40515446
right, of course it isnt as simple as im painting it, nature would never treat us so kindly, but im basically just trying to get myself proportional, my freshman year of college i fell for the SS meme but somehow only in the quads not the ass so im trying to even everything out now and GET MASSIVE
>>
>>40514682
Me too, famalam.
>>
>>40514383
Low bar as long as you do mobility work
>>
just do them all
>>
>>40514383

low bar is more mechanically advantageous to the human body however it has less carryover to most sports

very simple. If you want to compete in powerlifting then lowbar. If you are training for general strength and want explosive carryover to other sports such as weightlifting or football, then high bar.
>>
>>40514963
They're a lot harder on your upper back
which is good because having a strong upper back is really useful for most athletic activities/strength sports
>>
I don't really get the high bar vs low bar debate I can squat high bar more hip dominant and low bar quad dominant if I want to, it all depends on stance width and knee travel
>>
What mobility work should I do for squats? I have trouble going AtG and doing front squats in particular.
>>
>>40515881
dyels need to feel elitist about something since they can't feel good about the actual weight they lift.
>>
>>40514383
Low bar relies more on the posterior chain, giving it more carryover to deadlifts.

High bar is more quad dominant.

Low bar has a shorter lever arm to your hips so from a mechanical standpoint you should be able to lift slightly more low bar than high bar.

High bar requires better flexibility in the hips and ankles to perform correctly. People without the necessary mobility are better off doing low bar.

Never be the guy squatting with a high bar position and a low bar torso angle.
>>
>>40515890
Look up mobilityWOD videos for ankle and hip mobility
>>
>>40514584
it cant be on both you fuck face
>>
>>40516178
>Never be the guy squatting with a high bar position and a low bar torso angle
This is me
>>
>>40514383
Low bar is better for ATG
>http://suppversity.blogspot.ca/2017/02/barbell-squats-research-update-bar.html
The differences really only happen past parallel, and aren't that big of a deal. After that there isn't much of an appreciable difference between low bar and high bar
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.