[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lower Back Pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: pg-yoga-for-back-pain-03-full.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
pg-yoga-for-back-pain-03-full.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
After squatting and deadlifting I have a pain in my lower back whenever I bend over forward or do pic related. What is it in my form that is wrong? I have looked at hundreds of videos(alan thrall etc etc) explaining squats and deads and my form seems on point. What is the matter with me? What stretches should I do maybe?
>>
>>40511167
How's your ankle and hip mobility?
>>
>>40511167
could be lots of reasons but highest chance of it being are

>you are doing good mornings instead of squat
>tight hamstrings pulling on your lower back muscles
>weak lower back/core

in case of good morning, stop doing it.

if you actually have tight hamstrings you should stretch them out doing pike stands and roll our your glutes with a golf ball (this one will hurt like a mf; check youtube for limber 11 stretch routine to see it).

for weak lower back/core start doing back extensions with barbell and any core exercise (ab wheel, hanging leg raise) after every workout for at least 3 sets of 8-15 reps.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I got this on deadlifts and low bar squat for the first month or so on each and it went away over time

For me I'm fairly sure it was purely a weak back and that the meme of "You should NEVER EVER feel lower back pain" is just that- a meme

That said, with squat it's possibly leaning too far forward and with deadlift it's possibly hyper extending your back, so obviously check form first.
>>
>>40511235
>>40511236
Yeah I suspect having tight hamstrings. I'm not that flexible at all actually. Also I've been neglecting my core(as /fit/ prescribed, "huurrr squats and deads are enough"). Thanks a lot though, will work on it.

Is there a way of seeing how tight your hamstrings are? For example, one day I can almost touch my toes but today after squatting I can barely reach bellow my knees when bending forward. Any methods to measure progress in the stretching?
>>
>>40511303
just keep stretching daily and you'll see/feel the progress slowly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fodwAK6Kxps
>>
>>40511257
The irony here is that a stronger lower back fixes most back pain.
>>
>>40511317
Thanks a lot

and how the fuck did you know I was Russian lmao
>>
>>40511303
Start Yoga on a regular basis and try and fix it that way . if you say you are not very flexable you will only run into more issues with time
>>
I've had the same problem. My form was fine, but my back just hurt all the time. I stopped doing them and the pain persisted.

It turned out it was partially due to misaligned hips, I suspect from sitting on my wallet all the time. I also seemed to have a slight case of anterior pelvic tilt, probably from trying a little too hard to maintain good posture. I've started trying to correct for these and the pain has subsided somewhat.

Chances are its a combination of things. I don't think I'm going to return to squats and deadlifts though, they just make things worse if you have back pain. Its just not worth it. Just my personal option though
>>
>i have what hundreds of videos
>what stretches should I do?

Are you serious? Fuck off kid. You really didn't need to make a thread about this.
>>
>>40511364
You mad?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.