[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /fit/ opinion on the texas method

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: The-Texas-Method-Program.jpg (39KB, 778x176px) Image search: [Google]
The-Texas-Method-Program.jpg
39KB, 778x176px
What is /fit/ opinion on the texas method
>>
5/3/1 better
>>
>>40508945
It works
So does 5/3/1 and pretty much every other none retarded intermediate program. Personally I prefer to bench 3x a week because I feel that I need the shit load of frequency that you get from that to actually progress on the lift. But as far as programs go the Texas method is far from the worst.
>>
>>40508945
Adapt it because it is a theory not a set program
Do back off sets for bench on intensity day because you need more upper body volume
You should also probably deadlift more than once a week if you want to progress the deadlift
>>
>>40509405
Not true, squat will drive deadlift more than deadlifting will
>>
>>40508945
It may work, but you can seriously do more work and progress quicker. The light day is absurdly easy and barely a workout, and the Intensity isn't much better. I think it works decently for neural gains but it's probably going to be much lower than your max recoverable volume and going to lead to much lower than possible hypertrophy.

I also personally really just dislike the structure of the heavy volume day, it can get incredibly tough and lead to poor pattern development if you're trying to push it hard and end up grinding out reps constantly and the other two days are too easy.

Don't know why more people don't do DuP as intermediates, it's been proven to be more effective as reducing diminishing returns when lifting more frequently and you can do so much volume on it and increase it in a much more controlled way.
>>
>>40509000
>>40509074

Noobie here but isn't TM better for strength since you're increasing weight every week compared to 5/3/1 which is every 3 weeks or something
>>
>>40509418
This is an SS tier myth jesus
You really thinking squatting is going to increase your deadlift more than deadlifting?
>>
>>40509496
5/3/1 and TM are hardly comparable. TM has you add 5lbs to your 5RM every week and 5/3/1 adds 5lbs to a 1rm every 4 weeks.
An early intermediate bulking would be better suited to TM and 5/3/1 would be better suited to someone who is cutting or can't devote the effort to training TM requires
>>
>>40509496
Just because you increase the weight at different rates doesn't mean you're getting stronger at different rates. If it's equal work you'll probably see equal increases, so while you're doing 5lbs/week on TM, you'll probably do 15lbs/3weeks on 5/3/1.
You see this much more with stronger people who can't add weight every week and will work at similar weights for months, but increasing the amount of sets/reps or tweaking other variables.

>>40509539
>You really thinking squatting is going to increase your deadlift more than deadlifting?
Not sure if I believe this myself, but a lot of strength coaches use squatting as the main volume work for legs and deadlifting as more of a skill training for deadlifting.
>>
>>40509418
you couldn't possibly be more wrong

squat has carryover to deadlift, but doing one set of deadlift a week is nowhere near optimal for developing your deadlift

if you want a strong deadlift you need to train it hard with significant volume, like any decent powerlifting routine does

if you only have read SS or maybe skimmed PPST3 and have no practical experience, do not give advice

>>40509539
this

>>40508945
works fantastically for some, not at all for others

the people i see it work for are usually early intermediates, or people who can recover at the rate of early intermediates

main issue is low deadlift volume due to the squat-myopia of the program (and all programs that trickle down through Rippetoe or his associates) and nowhere near enough bench press volume (again, common Rippetoe program problem)

do some RDLs on volume day or some other lighter DL variant, do your DL on intensity day, and bench at least 2x a week with more volume (back off sets on ID, some close grip sets on VD) and relegate press to once a week on recovery day

alternatively, bench 3x a week and do OHP as assistance
>>
>>40509628
squatting can help your deadlift
but 1 set at maximum intensity is not enough
TM is better as a four day set up with <80% 5RM deadlifts and a whole day for more bench volume/accessories
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 260x603px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 260x603px
Just do SS.
>>
>>40509769
TM is just post SS
>>
>>40509726
so like U/LxFxFx

thinking about it, that looks like a sweet program layout. 3x full body frequency over 4 sessions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.