[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is planet fitness so shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 20170225_221456.jpg (4MB, 3531x1803px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_221456.jpg
4MB, 3531x1803px
Why is planet fitness so shit?
>>
Their business model is
>cheap, no judgement!
>discourage people who are /fit/ from coming (lunk alarm, no deadlift rule)
>have free popsicles, free pizzas, etc
>hire non-fit trainers
The whole idea is that someone will buy a membership, go once or twice, then forget about it but continue to send in the check.
>>
the gyms aren't that shit but the culture and people that pf attracts are lazy, unmotivated hamplanets who think just paying for a gym membership is good enough to not feel like lazy, unmotivated hamplanets
>>
>>40508666
As Satan said the equipment at PF is actually very nice.
This is because no one is actually using it or allowed to use it right or to its full potential.

+nice usually clean equipment
+cheap oh so fucking cheap

-no bench press
-no squats racks
-no deadlift allowed
-your working to hard and it is making the lazy asses feel bad
-free pizza and other shit food to keep the actual regulars fat so they never get fit and realize how shit PF is
-lunk alarm

If you have almost no money then I would actually suggest saving the money and just buying your own dumb bells over getting a membership.
>>
>>40508635

>>40508756

>No dl rules

>No bench rule

WTF? Granted I have to use the smith machine but I do both of these daily. Your staff must suck. I don't even check in anymore, I just walk in and say yo. Granted I'm late night crew so do with that what you will
>>
>lunk alarm
>gallon water jugs banned
>no barbells, only 3 smith machines at mine
>cable machines all broken, not even bolted to the floor
>legs machines constantly used by very fat, very obnoxious 30-50 year old women
>3 rows of 100 treadmills and they're always full with very rarely 1-2 cuties
>dumbbells taken up by instagram and snapchat dudebros and whores trying to appear cool
>no deadlift
>no squats
>no excessive noises while lifting
>free pizza every month
>free bagels every week
>oh and enjoy the shitty top 40 blasted through the speakers at max volume

Meanwhile my local gym with a track, basketball court, and PLENTY of barbells and racks is completely empty. And I get it cheaper than PF through my job. PF can suck a fat one.
>>
File: 1480127075322.jpg (30KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1480127075322.jpg
30KB, 600x549px
>>40508635
>>40508814
>Planet Fitness offers free food like pizza
What the fuck I thought this was a meme
>>
>>40508924
No meme friend.
EVERY location.
http://www.businessinsider.com/planet-fitnesss-business-profile-2015-10
>>
File: 0072 - gu0XYfy.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
0072 - gu0XYfy.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
>>40508924
Mine does free pizza on mondays, and free bagels on the first tuesday of the month.

>tfw it's not a meme.
>>
>>40508601
When I was losing weight and noob lifting, I went to Planet Fitness. It was what my budget could handle at that time. My PF had 4 smith machines lined up, dumbbells (can't remember how much weight they went up to though), a leg press, 2 cable machines, and a lot of those pulley-system exercise machines. Also had a ton of treadmills, stairclimbers, and ellipticals. I lost 35lbs in 4 months, doing light lifting with the leg press, smith machines, dumbbells, and cable machines + cardio.

I think it's a decent gym if you're trying to lose weight or if you're into cardio. I definitely prefer where I go now, and prefer being able to use free weights. Also no DL at PF was shit. I could get away with RDLs on the smith machine but it was shit. If you want to get big, go somewhere else.
>>
>>40508793
Anon using the Smith Machine is not the same as free weight Bench Press and Deadlifts.
>>
>>40508793
lol ur never gonna make it. smith machine is useless
>>
>>40508958
what does their pizza look like
do they get it supplied from somewhere like pizza hut or is it their own special brand
might go get a membership at planet fitness now
>>
From a technical point of view, how does the lunk alarm actually work?

Is it manually activated by staff, or are there sensors? If there are sensors, what specifically triggers them?
>>
>>40509508

There's a button at the desk they press that triggers it. It is a judgement call that the lazy desk sitters make.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (129KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
129KB, 600x450px
>>40509524
You got to be kidding me.

>judgement free zone, unless we are doing the judging

Holly heck
>>
>>40509546

>Fat Lives Matter
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.