[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive been thinking about getting one of these, are they worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 66473-160910_1473524178703.jpg (80KB, 1796x1198px) Image search: [Google]
66473-160910_1473524178703.jpg
80KB, 1796x1198px
Ive been thinking about getting one of these, are they worth it?
>>
>>40503164
No I got one for christmas from my family, and it's just a small niche that gets annoying after a week.
>>
>>40503164
got the alta, doesn't measure HR and absolutely not worth it. I can't imagine the ones that do measure HR being worth it though. Don't do it OP, only if given as a present, even then I'm sure you'll stop using it.
>>
>>40503164

i got the blaze as a gift for my bday. only thing i use it for is the timer/stopwatch. its kind of neat seeing my heartrate i guess, and my texts show on the watch too.

i wouldn't have bought one on my own though.
>>
How accurate are they regarding calories burned?

I can imagine that if they're accurate they'd be great for cutting/calorie counting.
>>
They are a literal meme machine. My faggot co-workers all got them as a new year resolution goal. They wore them for maybe a week before half lost them and the other half probably ended up eating them mistaking them for a fucking peice of licorice.

Don't buy into the hype.
>>
total shit:

- heartbeat rate is wrong
- vibration alarm too soft
- GPS does not work
- no use for lifting

as anon said, its a watch and stopwatch. nothing more. and its too expensive for that alone. regret the purchase, although i just bought it for cardio tracking.
>>
File: 12d.png (26KB, 360x612px) Image search: [Google]
12d.png
26KB, 360x612px
>>40503263

i don't think its very accurate.
>>
>>40503263
nah, no use. because

>accurate

nope.jpg
>>
got an Charge HR, its good for tracking sleep and seeing your resting heart rate which judges cardio health so thats a plus.
>>
the apple watch is bretty gud desu
>>
So they're pretty much shit?
>>
Back in the day they were actually okay. They were the best smart watch out there for measuring running and splits and such. They have not reduced their price though, and have been reduced to irrelevancy because of the price. If you're buying one brand new from them, a decent one will run you 150 give or take a few bucks. For the same price you can get better looking, more accurate, sturdier things from the likes of Garmin.

That being said, if you do run a lot and find a brand new one for like 60-70 bucks on groupon or something, it could be worth it. It does a good job tracking your running and the gps tethering with you phone is solid. I used one throughout all my training for a half marathon and it worked great for helping me stick to scheduled distances well.

If you're not running outside though, it's not worth it. Calories are usually off by plus or minus 300 or so. Heart rate is usually off by plus or minus 5-10.
>>
File: IMG_1741.png (229KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1741.png
229KB, 1242x2208px
It motivates me to move more. Not confident in the calorie estimate.
>>
It is a fun toy that helps me get up from compy and get walking around.

Do not buy if you don't want what I just stated.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.