[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I cant decide should I go with olympic weights or standart.

I recently got six 5 kg plate and dumbell bars for free. But the problem is that they all are ''standart'' (plates have one inch hole in them). Since I already have some standart weights I'm thinking about buying 7ft standart barbell, I'm not going to load more 3 plate on it anyway, so I'm thinking that it should be fine.
>>
get oly weights
>>
Olympic, they will just last longer. You'll hit the limit of your standard bar pretty quickly.
>>
>>40499882
If you are shure that you are not going above 350 go with standard set.
>>
>>40499882
Since you're using kg, I'm assuming that you are from Europe. Try searching on ebay for oly sets. You can find 100 kg worth of plates and barbel for approximately 300 euros.
>>
>>40499997
How does even buying this shit online works, does the courier himself alone take the 100kg plates+barebell under your doors or what?
>>
>>40500029
They will pack all the plates I separate boxes and ship to you. Btw my postman was very angry then ordered set of 45's
>>
>>40500064
Sounds like a mess, i think i will just drive to the fitness/sport shop i have "near" me and pay a bit more than deal with the packing of a 150kg of weight+ a bench+ a bareball + a pullup bar+ dumbbells at once

Hope my car can survive it
>>
File: IMG_9184.jpg (57KB, 578x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9184.jpg
57KB, 578x525px
>>40500084
>Hope my car can survive it

It depends really. Try to place it evenly in your car to help distribute the weight. If it will be a little while before picking the equipment, you can always get your car on ss and gomad.
>>
>>40499882
Standard is awful and downright unusable

Don't fucking do it
>>
>>40500131
Explain
>>
Oly have rotating slings ?? in short the weight can rotate
>>
>>40500084
You car can't handle weight of 3 adults?
>>
>>40500148
Standard plates can't rotate. "Olympic" barbells have rotating sleeves where you load the plates. This allows the weight to move with you so that inertia doesn't fuck your shit up.

No rotation will make lifts with longer ranges of motion like the squat or press much harder to do correctly, and will completely fuck up cleans and snatches.

Plus, 1'' barbells tend to be way too thin to comfortably grip or rest on the back, and the plates will be incorrectly spaced off the floor for any pulling movement.

In short, they're pretty much worthless.
>>
>>40500084
Does your car even lift?
>>
File: IMG_1262.jpg (927KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
927KB, 2304x1728px
>>40499882
i've got about 300lbs worth of standard plates i use on my spinlock dumbells and an olympic bar with bumper plates, its a pretty sick setup, definitely recommend olympic set
>>
I lic with standard, ifs cheaper. Id suggest you buy oli tho, i will eventually.

With stamdard I floorpress 91x6, row 80somethingx6, ohp 65x6, and powerclean 75x6. Dls i have at 103 cuz i dont have more plates, and i dont squat anymore (bulgarian split squats). So you can work with standard, dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>40499882
Just go full retard mode and buy standart bar and oly plates, so you can use you current plates and later, when you decided to switch to oly bar ilya won't be left with shit ton of useless standart plates.
>>
>>40499882
Bars with spin lock and without curling are pain in the ass to lift with. No mater how hard you tighten them up they will un spin and rotate.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.