[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working out while high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Long story short, I'm gonna be smoking a joint in a bit but I also intend to work out. Is there any benefits or negatives to lifting while high? I always figured it'd be harder since you're more inclined to be lazy but I've never tried it so I wouldn't know
>>
I get in the zone when I'm high. I have literally knocked out 10,000 words of coursework and done 4-6 hours of cardio whilst high because I become so chilled out and focused on the task at hand. If you work out to music, even better.
>>
>>40494696
Yea I was thinking that if I get in the zone I could actually get a huge workout just because I'm too chilled to actually notice fatigue
>>
>>40494641
hope you leave the gym in an ambulance, bro
>>
For me it depends on how much I smoke. There's like a golden zone where my high and workout meet, and the feeling of pushing my muscles tie their limit is just mind glowingly awesome
>>
>>40494641
For me, resistance training feels a lot harder when I'm high. But I'm also weak as fuck

Cardio while high is amazing though, set a resistance and you can go for a really long time without noticing. Put some TV or music on and you're golden
>>
>>40494641

Did it once and will never do it again. imo you shouldn't mess with your focus and concentration when you are working with heavy weights doing exercises that can literally paralyze you for life if done wrong.
>>
pros
>you will feel the contraction of your muscles better and it will feel great
>your form should be perfect because of this

cons
>actually getting the motivation to start working out can be difficult
>lifting heavy is not a good idea because you can get light headed
>you may get exhausted quicker
>difficult not to get distracted between sets

Personally I'd say leave the weed for after
>>
>>40494641
Been doing this 3-4 times a week for 4 months now. Haven't noticed any difference in rate of strength or size gains. I've actually hit my two most recent squat PRs while high (275 and 315).

Mind muscle connection is insane and its fun. Only downside is that cardio or high volume work sucks.
>>
It feels spooky imo. Hard to push your limits
>>
>>40494641
None. Absolutely none. It's all in your head.
>>
>>40494641
I did it once and wouldn't do it again. For me i just felt like i was struggling to keep decent form. Feeling the contractions better was cool though.

Basically >>40495890

I've never done cardio high but i imagine it could be pretty great.
Also would recommend taking advantage of munchies if you struggling with your appetite.
>>
I fuckin love the combo of a bowl + pre workout supplement. Gets me high and the music I listen to sounds amazing, and all the stimulants get me jacked to lift. For some reason my mind-muscle connection is better when I'm high, I can feel each muscle contracting individually when I do lifts. I think I also unintentionally up the intensity since my rest periods seem long since I'm stoned, but in reality are like 20-30 seconds. 10/10 would recomment
>>
Same love weed and weights. It makes your muscles feel like their going to explode
>>
This is now a dynamite kid thread

https://youtu.be/OfBc4_jH_Pc
>>
>>40496342
My nig.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.