[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 43

Anything to ask before we blood eagle King Egbert?
>>
File: 1473722413313.jpg (204KB, 585x883px) Image search: [Google]
1473722413313.jpg
204KB, 585x883px
>>40493493

I just found out I missed 10episodes and I was too much around people and didn't know what to do at home tonight. Thanks for saving the evening mate.
>>
File: vikinged.jpg (746KB, 696x1929px) Image search: [Google]
vikinged.jpg
746KB, 696x1929px
>english women
>>
How long should a person rest between sets?
>>
>>40493532
You're welcome, enjoy
>>
>>40493617
1-2mins normally is enough. Longer on certain strength programs. But it should typically tell you how long on your program.
>>
>>40493584
Chuckled under my breath anon, cheers.

>Standoffish bugger
>>
Can I practice bjj on the same day as I do SL? Also should I take creatine and BCAA if I wanna do both (gym + bjj)?
>>
File: charlie.jpg (12KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
charlie.jpg
12KB, 222x227px
Can I get a quick rundown on ginseng?

Heard it makes you ripped and turns your cock into a sword.
>>
File: zvFvcli.jpg (466KB, 1280x1893px) Image search: [Google]
zvFvcli.jpg
466KB, 1280x1893px
How hard should one grip?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>40493493
Wait, is there a new season out of Vikings?

Last thing I saw was retarded Ragnar falling off the boat with his father.

Seriously, I don't know why they made Ragnar go full retard. He went from a very solid fighter and charismatic, smart character to literally the most miserable and useless shitshow that can't even kill himself in the matter of a few episodes.

Torally stupid.
>>
>>40493770
With his son*
>>
>>40493770
Yeah there's more episodes after that scene, go check it out.
>>
>>40493783
Well, not sure if worth. For me the show was kind of built around Ragnar, and now that he is crippled both mentally and physically and the most desperate and useless character in the entire show it's rather boring and none appaeling.
>>
>>40493829
he's dead
>>
>>40493869
Fucking finally.
Even more so then.

I mean, if there at least was some kind of logical reason to his character going to shit - but nope, was just a big cry baby show.
>>
>>40493887
Well I can't argue with the fact that he was moping around quite a bit but regarding his death... There's more to it. Especially the aftermath
>>
URGENT

Halp guys. I worked out yesterday but have stayed up all night since then. It's daytime and I'm going on literally zero hours of sleep.

Am I going to lose my gains if I continue to stay up? Should I just try sleeping during the day, all day? Please brehs I'm scared brehs.

>tfw my gains might leave me
>>
>>40494001
yes go to bed right now, no alarm
>>
File: 20170224_210356.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_210356.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>40493493
Redpill me on cockles. Any reason I shouldn't eat them?

>Low cal so great for cutting
>Pure protein with 16g per 100g
>Ready to eat so no preparation needed

Red pill me friends
>>
>>40493493
How does it feel to be done in by a fictional move invented by neckbeards with an overactive imagination.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (16KB, 205x245px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
16KB, 205x245px
>>40494196
Why not add some oysters and clams with it friendo.
>>
>>40494220
Kek
Would love to but they're kind of pricey compared to muh cock-les
>>
>>40494215
Explain
>>
>>40494243
Blood eagle is bullshit, made up. found in one book.
>>
I just started doing stronglifts 5x5 but I'm currently way too weak to do the routine, I can barely finish my bar only benching sets and my arms always get shaky.

Should I continue doing my routines without adding weight to the bar until I can do them without much problem? because the routine says that I should add weight every week.

Thank you.
>>
>muh stronk independent womyn
>muh kill christians in church but not muslims while they pray

Yeah fuck that show you fuckin queers
>>
>>40494262
Try with dumbbells instead.
>>
>>40494262
Only add weight if you can do all 5x5 on the empty bar. If you can't then repeat it again next workout
>>
>>40494292
I tried but I can't balance them at all.

>>40494303
I'll do that, thank you.
>>
>>40494318
Lower the weight until you can do it with proper form.
>>
>>40494269
Well the Muslims remained calm even in the midst of the Vikings unlike the panicking Christians. It's like how some piranhas will only attack you in water if they sense fear or a struggle. I kind of like to think of it like that.. but hey fuck you.
>>
Is the "fat burn" bpm target zone a myth? Can exercising too hard make it harder to lose weight?
>>
>>40494258
Most of what we have about vikings is like that. They only wrote boring stuff temselves, mostly obituaries and shopping lists.
>>
If a routine has say 3x5+ I get that the last set is as many reps as possible. What I don't get is when you would increase the weight you're doing for those 3 sets. Someone said when they hit 7 reps for that last set they will increase the weight but wondering what you guys think
>>
>>40494258
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_funeral#Ibn_Fadlan.27s_account

Send dem Thall grils straight to her master in valhalla by burning her alive but before she get raped.
>>
>>40493736
Restores chi imbalances
>>
Currently cutting with a 16-8 intermittent fasting daily schedule.

When I switch to bulking, is there a benefit to continuing the intermittent fasting schedule? Or would I just be fucking my shit up?

Now that I'm used to this schedule, I don't want to have to go back to eating breakfast if I don't have to.
>>
File: 1481201486306.png (1MB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1481201486306.png
1MB, 788x872px
Can I get gains if all I eat is pb&j, nuts, and drink protein?
>>
Is consuming whey on off days (for me, Tuesdays and Thursdays) a waste of whey? Or is it still good?
>>
My bodyfat is at 7.1%... I have some muscle definition, I workout six days a week and have cut out sugar and carbs

Any advice on how to put on more muscle? (definition mostly).

And how to get nicer abs? Just keep doing it?
>>
>>40494789
If you've evaluated that your protein intake is low on rest days, then go for it, whey is cheap compared to say chicken or pork.
I only take whey on training days too myself and have made slow but steady gains.
>>
>>40494817
Thanks. I have also found slow and steady gains without eating it on off days. But sometimes I'm just like... I could really go for some milk and chocolate whey. I have cravings for it, which is weird because at first I didn't even like how it tastes.
>>
I'm a beginner and I'm seeing very little improvement in my lifts. I can maybe add 5lb every other week. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>40495057
how much/what are you eating? Also, typically, it takes 8-12 weeks to see results

There's a reason those bowflex type commercials say, "allow 8-12 weeks to see changes"
>>
>>40495101
I've been lifting like 4 months. I eat about maintenance and get enough macros.
>>
Will glute bridges fuck up my back?
>>
Is there a preferred order when doing a PPL program? So soreness of certain muscles won't impede your next workout
>>
What the fuck do people mean when they say 30% of calories from protein?
Does that mean that on a 3000 kcal diet almost a thousand of those should come from protein?
Considering there's about 4 calories per gram of protein,that would mean almost 250g of protein in a day?

Did I get this shit right?
>>
I'm fat, trying to build up my endurance. At 379lbs, I went on a 3 mile walk, completing it in 1h7m. 3 hours later, I feel like absolute dogshit and know that the walk was more than I can currently handle without potential injury if constantly pushing this hard.

What would be a good way to start slow and build my way up to this 3+ mile walk so I can keep up with this. For those asking, I started at 406lbs, and 99% of what I've lost so far was water weight and change of diet. Tomorrow will be the start of my 4th week, and feel confident enough to start exercising.
>>
File: oh shit nigga wyd.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit nigga wyd.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>>40495285
are you retarded?
walk less than 3 miles
>>
>>40495308
Great suggestion. Very specific.
>>
File: noanswersoradvice.png (5KB, 833x73px) Image search: [Google]
noanswersoradvice.png
5KB, 833x73px
>>40495339
never gonna make it

enjoy your heart disease and early death, fatty
>>
>>40495350
This board is so elitist, it's un-fucking-real. You'd think you'd be willing to help someone who is actively attempting to change their lives so you don't have to look at me in disgust when I'm in public. Enjoy living in a world where everyone around you is an eyesore of human waste.
>>
>>40495365
And another thing, I come here asking a question for specifics and I get 10 different kinds of unhelpful shit. It'd be much easier to answer a one-off question with helpful suggestions, rather than littering the board with my "asinine questions." Go fuck yourselves.
>>
does anyone take arganine to increase their growth hormone?
>>
>>40494351
>implying the muslims wouldnt all shit themselves as soon as the vikings showed up
>>
In Pianoman's video about weight gain shake, do you cook the egg whites before adding them? I hear conflicting points on salmonella from raw eggs, but wanted to be sure
>>
What are these fucking threads with The (((Viking))) pictures about.
>>
Yesterday when I was punching or kicking the heavy bag I did something to my knee and now it's clicking every time I bend it. It doesn't hurt that much just feels a bit weird. Should I be worried?
>>
>>40494364
please respond
>>
Ok faggots I bought a rack and bench. Gonna get weights in week or two. Question is I have been doing fag split for about 3 months. Should I start ss when equipment arrives?
>>
Broke my 4th and 5th metacarpal being an angry cunt and punching a wall. 5th is pretty bent up, my hand was looking pretty straight and pretty much back to normal but I bash the back of my hand on the 5th metacarpal where the bone sticks out and now it's swollen as fuck and even more angulated maybe. My question is how do I straighten the bone, will lifting over a period just gradually straighten it?
>>
Been sneaking up to 1/2/3/4 pl8 and doing some calculations. My OHP and bench are going pretty steady, and am almost there, but my deadlift is lacking. Can I deadlift (and increase the weight) twice a week to speed the process? I mean, does it seem realistic? For deadlift I am to increase the weight by 5kg every workout (OHP and bench 2.5k each workout). Or would it be too much?
>>
>>40495285
Be more specific. Were you walking on pavement? Treadmill with incline? Is there a part of your body that has noticeably more pain?
>>
File: P00175.jpg (95KB, 390x439px) Image search: [Google]
P00175.jpg
95KB, 390x439px
How long does muscle memory last ?
I mean by that how long do you have to stop to struggle to gain mass back like when you first started lifting ?
>>
File: dsc12.jpg (68KB, 650x440px) Image search: [Google]
dsc12.jpg
68KB, 650x440px
is nick natty
>>
>>40493710
Depends on your belt level.
If you're some white/blue belt scrub you're probably gonna use shit tons of strength/jumping around because you know fuck all about tehnique.

I'm a black belt at the point where when i roll i barely broke a sweat, even against other black belts.

To be honest i'd recommend do some shit like sheiko which has lower intensity.

BCAA do jack shit. Just eat more carbs.
>>
>>40496993
no pretty sure he's using some illegal substances
>>
I can't get past 1pl8, what do? It's been months.
>>
>>40496704
buy bumper plates if you can. much more expensive, but olympic lifts are where it is at if you want to be an impressive functional athlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMAiEUAKPB0
>>
>>40496993
Yes. Besides weed, which he will always get nc'ed over in every single one of his fights from now on. If he fights again
>>
File: 1479768457781.gif (2MB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
1479768457781.gif
2MB, 250x277px
>>40494797
>My bodyfat is at 7.1%... I have some muscle definition
>>
Does working out without a routine might work ?
I feel like not following a routine right now and just go the to gym and train what isn't sore.
>>
>>40497190
Gonna get 320lb rogue high temp bumper set and bar it's a combo kit. Really wanted the r3 but got a titan t3. I like the real bumpers and competition plates but wholly fuck it's expensive.
>>
How long does egg-based food last in the fridge before it's going to make me sick? Like a frittata or omelette or whatever?
>>
How do I minimize fat gains when bulking? I just wanna get strong but I know with my body type I probably won't get builtfat, just skinny fat.
>>
How efficient are our bodies in gleaning calories from food items?

Let's say I eat a food that is labeled as 1000 calories; is that 1000 calories including our metabolic inefficiency, or am I really only going to get about 900 to 990 calories from said food?
>>
>>40495112
Eating at maintenance won't get you optimal gains. Eat at about 350-500 calories above your tdee. From there, you can make 5lb gains on your lift each week. This will add up quickly.
>>
>>40497446
Track your macros
>>
How low to get bf down to before bulking?
>>
>>40497294
Sure. It won't work as well but if your picking weights up and putting them back down then your muscles will still grow. You might look like Quasimodo though.
>>
>>40497747
However low you want it to be.
>>
How to deal with the eternal battle of gainz vs aesthetics
>>
who else here /sorechest/ after a good work out eariler?
>>
I'm currently on a calorie deficit because I'm tired of being a fat piece of shit.

It MyFitnessPal doss not estimate calories burned on non cardio exercise (lifting / Strength ) is there a way to measure this?

Should I stick to cardio only? I like lifting and makes me actually want to go.

So far just eating less has been working but if extra effort will help I'm all in.

TLDR: is there an effective way to count calories burned during strength exercising, does it matter and/or should I just stick to cardio.
>>
>>40497928
Think of cardio as extra cals burned, it's not the main part of fat loss. If you need to account for it, go at 75% of whatever the machine says you burned.
>>
>>40495378
Cry more fatfuck
>>
>>40497928

you don't ever try to account for calories burnt in exercise

you always set your TDEE calculator to sedentary and you work off that.
>>
Calling all nootrop people. Critique my plan

>l theanine plus caffeine ED
>modafinil mon/wed/Fri (my lifting days)

Anyone have any recommended dosages or companies I was just gonna buy the most popular ones on amazon and go from there
>>
>>40496943
for most people about 350, some are less though
>>
File: 1470953341789.jpg (274KB, 1536x1246px) Image search: [Google]
1470953341789.jpg
274KB, 1536x1246px
Would OHP or Incline be a better exercise to focus on if I want to progress my weighted dips? Which will carryover more? Trying to get more upper chest/tricep/delt growth
>>
are refeed days important? i havent had one in 2 weeks at a -500 deficit and I train 6 days a week high volume.
>>
>>40498244
Why would you do dips if you want bigger clavicular pecs?
>>
Have a sick anterior pelvic tilt from squatz. How can I fix this?
>>
File: 1487568260258.gif (156KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
1487568260258.gif
156KB, 260x187px
>>40493493
When Ragnar was attacking Paris the 2nd time, why did they not assume that Paris would protect themselves with better defenses. They went in to attack the same way the always do with no strategy
>>
Whats the best morning stretch routine?
>>
Has anyone here cured laziness with exercise?

Laziness has dogged me my whole life. Now I've been exercising for seven months, and after a workout I feel great— energized, alert, ambitious, conscious of the value of hard work and pushing yourself. But this good feeling always fades, and I always return to my normal slothful self. I'm not fat, never have been, I'm in pretty good shape, but laziness is still a big problem for me.

I'm wondering whether I can expect to become less lazy as I continue to work out, or whether I should get checked out for some kind of thyroid or testosterone problem. What do you think?
>>
>>40493493
Just saw up to the end of the Paris raid. D...does Ragnar get any better? Him and Floki are annoying the absolute fuck out of me now, and so is Ecbert.
>Ragnar, the solid soldier who's good at fucking people over has become basically a little bitch
>Floki whines a lot now and beheaded Athlestan because "muh gods demand it"
>Athlestan is kil
>Ecbert was built up as being this fearsome bastard who was scarier than the Vikings, but is just a fucking disappointment that occasionally talks about doing something mildly interesting in between fucking people
>And oh look, Rollo is turning evil again. What a fucking suprise. Also, the weird fact that despite the hot French chick whining about not wanting to marry a heathen, ROllo has fkn been baptised and could easily claim to be Christian.
>Athelwulf was my fave when he was a badass steel and sweat knight, but now he's become a literal cuck with a pain fetish.
>Lagertha basically gets slapped around every three episodes despite being a total badass season one
>Bjorn is sometimes cool, but has some serious Daddy issues and abandonment issues
>Ragnar's wife is literally just a pampered noble like the ones in England, and I feel like they started setting that up and then just forgot about it
>Aela isn't really doing shit despite being a major player in England and his daughter literally having her ear cut off
>Mercia was talking some serious shit and just...stopped. Because Athelwulf somehow convinced them they'd be fucked? A quarter of goddamned England
>Charlamagnes other grandsons are apparently nonexistent when there's actually shit to do
>Still no mention of the other parts of England who presumably just don't exist
>It was mentioned in season 1 that they liked raiding the Slavs, and despite Ragnar not having raided them for ages, and being desperate for easy raids, he just doesn't bother, despite them having had time to build up some wealth

Does the show pick up after the Paris raid?
>>
>>40498344
refeed is broscience. Just a binge excuse. If you lose weight too quickly you should eat more calories daily

>>40498423
squats cure apt. You get that from too much sitting, being fat and training abs without stretching your hip flexors

>>40498598
wait until there are issues, then stretch what needs to be stretched erry day. Or, if you're old: idk
>>
>>40498679
binge excuse, sounds about right ive been trying to rationalize eating more and that sounded like a good excuse, i'll just take 200 calories from my rest day and add it today.
>>
What the fuck does this board mean by 2pl8? How much is 1pl8?
>>
>>40498609
Sounds like a mental problem to me
I don't need fitness motivation bc lifting is my escape from rl
>>
>>40498700
x pl8 = 20kg + (40kg * x)
The number of 20kg/45lb plates on one side of a 20 kg barbell
>>
>>40494464
On the last set, it's the same weight as the previous two, and you churn out as many reps as you can. If the previous two sets were each out of 5 reps, and you get over 5 reps on your AMRAP set, then you can up the weight for that lift. If not, you shoul try that weight again.
>>
>>40498731
Any advice, if it is mental?
>>
>>40495285
>>40495365
Not that anon,but dude, you haven't really given us shit to work with.

You're walking 3 miles, right? What kind of surfaces?

Anyway, walk for 1.5 to 2 miles 3 times a week. Try to increase the pace slowly. When you feel ready, up it by .25 of a mile, and lower the pace. Slowly work the pace up. Then increase by another .25 of a mile, lower the pace. Slowly work up to a better pace.

Continue oing that until you're walking around the globe twice every afternoon, or you reach your goals, whatever the may be.

Try to have a rest day in between each cardio day when you really get into it.

Make sure your fix your diet and sleeping patterns.

Is this what you were looking for?
>>
>>40493493
Both of my arms are fucked. Right one from benching without warming up properly, and left one from falling on it at high speed (can't even fucking move it properly without pain). My left leg is also fuckey if it's not warmed up properly. I'm a waiter, with a shift in about an hour.

Jesus christ /fit/, what did I do to deserve this? Is it the Iron Gods punishing me for coming back into the gym after a break without sacrificing a sheep to them?

I'm using ibuprofen but it's not making a massive difference. What should I do to survive the next few days guys? Current plan is to rest and sleep a shitload, and pray it doesn't worsen.
>>
>>40498821
Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor for your left arm?
>>
how do i learn to fight without going to a gym and making myself look retarded

srs
>>
>>40498836
Happened literally last night, and all the medfags are closed where I am on weekends, bar the ones who were so shit they drew the weekend shift. Plus I think it's more muscular in nature; I was sprinting and overbalanced, and landed heavily on my upper arm and shoulder. I'm gonna give it a few days and see if it improves (I'm gonna be munching on pain meds for tongith and tomorrow day though; work stuff) then see a doctor if it doesn't lessen.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I think there's a bone wizard/chiropractor pretty close to me I can hit up if necessary.
>>
File: Anon....png (483KB, 621x579px) Image search: [Google]
Anon....png
483KB, 621x579px
So, after some time of lifting I've discovered that I've been dead-lifting incorrectly. I need to sit back into the lift more. However, I've noticed that it's difficult to do so because my body feels like it's straining against itself to allow me to get in that proper position, and thus I end up looking like I want to do a bent over row instead of a deadlift.

What stretches can I do to fix this issue?
>>
>Live in Belgium
>Go to local basic fit
>50 treadmills, 50 cross trainers, shit tonne of machines and a 4x5m area for free weights

Any Belgiumfags know any decent gyms round Kortijk?
>>
Looking for dnp source anyone ?
>>
>>40493887
Im not going to lie its painful to watch him constantly go through a downward spiral but inguess they wanted to show him being just as human as anyone else.

They kind of give you a preview into the next side show "knight fall"
>>
>>40499344
deadlift starting position should be tight and uncomfortable, not painful
read ss
no stretches needed
>>
>>40498836
Aren't chiros basically bullshit though
>>
>>40493768
>uneven sized nipples
repulsive
>>
Should I be worried if my protein bar has Soy Lecithin in it if i eat two of them daily?
>>
>>40493493
>be me yesterday in the gym
>doing squats, a 4x8 set
>between my sets i sit there and put on new music on my phone
>i pause for maybe 2 minutes
>some manlet comes with his dyel friend
>"you should rather train dude, not play on your phone"
>"you don't need 5 minutes pause"
>told him he could just do his set or fuck off
>"we are three and want to train here too"
>said he should go fuck himself
What the fuck, is it now no more acceptable to have a 2 min pause between your sets? Next time this faggot talks up on me I'll bash his fucking head in
>>
is full body 3xweek better than push/pull/legs?
>>
What are the most /fit/ tattoos?
>>
>>40499543
Nah, the whole soy is bad stories are bullshit, studies have refuted this long ago. But try to not eat that much of them and get sum good chicken breast.
>>
>>40499562
My diet is 2 protein bars and 4-6 grilled chicken breasts, as well as other things that vary daily.
>>
>>40499581
yeah then don't worry brah.
>>
Does getting noob gains on a cut apply to hypertrophy, or just strength?
>>
The ACSM recommends 3x8-12 as your volume for muscle hypertrophy, and anything much higher as endurance training... I see body builders with insane volume to get hypertrophy - Is there a downside to doing far beyond hypertrophy range?
>>
>>40494797

I have 7% body fat but need to ask silly questions

>lying on the internet
>>
>>40493584
kinda made me angry that the series turned into magical kung fu dbz shit. Japanese writers can't into narrative arc.
>>
>>40499555
>what is better, hitting erry muscle 2x or 3x per week?

>b-but on a spit I'm able to hit each muscle harder
if you're at the point were progression from workout to workout isn't possible anymore, you could stress your body very hard on monday and have two lighter workouts wed and fri
>>
>>40499594
both, jesus what a stupid question

>>40499632
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTO3k4n98ag
>>
>>40499808
S-sorry.
>>
>>40499707
what? fucking idiot.
it got political.

it STARTED with magical king fu shit. he leaped walls like it's nothing. they carried huge ships over mountains.

fuck off. you're an idiot.
>>
Returning to lifting after a long absence and abdominal surgery. My squat is not at lmao2plate and already my core is giving way (lumbar spine hyperextending). Is standard core stuff (planks etc) the best I can do here? Seems to be a gulf of difference between holding a plank for 120s and supporting a 180kg (old max) squat
>>
On my leg day beside calf raises I only do back and front squats - a lot of them and I like it. However would replacing some squat sets with leg press be beneficial in any way? My legs are weak compared to my back.
>>
>>40499988

started doing deadlifts. start with light weight and always rest a few days between deadlift days for recovery and injury-prevention
>>
>>40499998
Thanks for the suggestion but it seems like that's avoiding the problem rather than solving it. I want to correct the weakness rather than work my way around it
>>
>>40495285
>I started at 406lbs, and 99% of what I've lost so far was water weight and change of diet

there is nothing important about 3 miles. forget about that as a goal, just focus on doing better than last time and feeling good about progress.

you've knocked off 27 pounds. well done. it was not water, it was caloric deficit. shoot for a couple pounds a week fat loss and you're good. any faster and you'll get sags and wrinkles.

be patient. you gathered that fat over a long time, it'll take a while to lose it
>>
>>40495365
>This board is so elitist, it's un-fucking-real.

the 'board' is bytes
there are dozens of people writing. some are jack asses and some are not. sift through it, lurk, think, read authoritative stuff from elsewhere, and remember the guys who write "go fuck yourself" are the problem.
>>
>>40496021
yes
get an exam
in 5 minutes an orthopedist will know what it is (to an anon it sounds like a loose bit of cartilage)
>>
>>40496781
yeah, sure. put it under serious stress with a heavy weight attached. that's the preferred treatment for a dislocation and ligament damage.
>>
>>40497593
>How efficient are our bodies in gleaning calories from food items?

very
>>
>>40497756

only correct answer
>>
>>40500069
It has helped my shoulder. I have had a tear for close to 10 years. It frequently rolls out if socket. It happened while doing ohp and weight hit me in head. Had to DE load to have the weight and slowly build up. Shoulder feels way stronger than before and I get less slippage in everyday life
>>
File: 10k.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
10k.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>>40498609
>some kind of thyroid or testosterone problem

you don't have anything like this. rare conditions

you are simply lazy. that's it, that's all. get up and move or don't, it's your choice.

now go away
>>
Will buying rogue weights and bar make me a crossfit faggot?
>>
The roof on my gym is too low and I'm afraid to hit a light bulb one of these days while OHP. Can I switch to Arnold Press on SL or that'd be too different from the program?
>>
>>40500091
different, you need to put the bone back, his is popping out
>>
>>40500116
Bro I'm just playing I know it's fucking killing my shoulder. I can't afford to take off for 6 months while I heal for surgery. Hope some day I will get laid off so I can draw unemployment while I'm off then I will do it.
>>
File: motobabe-wallpaper-c.jpg (182KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
motobabe-wallpaper-c.jpg
182KB, 1280x800px
I usually go to the gym 3x a week. I was busy with school this week so I only got to go once. Today is the last day of the week so I want to work out both routines for the two days I missed. Should I go to the gym now (they open in like half an hour) and then go back at night to finish up the week? Or just go and do both routines right after another in one session?
>>
Is there really such a thing as "naturally thin"? Or is that just people who don't know how little they eat thinking that their metabolisms are faster than normal?
>>
>>40498641
Didn't read all that memetext but Ragnar died in england
>>
I missed push day yesterday and also work on weekdays.

Anything against doing my push day this morning, taking a nap and relaxing the rest of the day and going back at night and doing leg day?
>>
>>40500314
metabolism/liver gets fucked up from fructose, wich is 50% of table sugar makes you eat more than you burn
>>
Anyone have /fit/'s guide to home made protein bars?
>>
>>40494797
>7.1% bodyfat
>.1%
>some muscle definition
and the award for worst bullshit on the internet goes to anon!
>>
If I wanted to fuck a ladyboy how would I go about doing that. Is there a tinder for girls with cocks?
>>
So if I use two 40 pound dumbbells to do a standard bench press does that mean if I were to use a barbell I use 80 pounds?

Trying to figure out how to translate my lifting into the symmetric strength and there is no dumbbell option. I never worked with a barbell before
>>
File: IMG_4298.jpg (39KB, 275x496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4298.jpg
39KB, 275x496px
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if using prohormones speeds up protein synthesis and muscke recovery, does that mean that even if after the cycle I love the water and carb weight, I still gained more real muscle in the same span of time than if I didn't use prohormones?
>>
>>40501248
*lose water and carb weight
>>
File: BFguesstimate.jpg (3MB, 7952x6472px) Image search: [Google]
BFguesstimate.jpg
3MB, 7952x6472px
Can someone give me a guesstimate of my body fat? I tried tape measurement, and fat calipers, but the results are way off for the calipers (fuck china low qual) and weird for the tape...
>>
>>40501203
Not necessarily, the movement isn't quite the same. Usually it's a tad more with a BB since you use less stabilization muscle.
But if you're not used to the bench BB movement, you might, in your first try, do way less.
For symmetric strength purposes, though, enter indeed the sum of your two DB to get an estimate !
>>
Any advice on lifting with what might be IBS? Got tiredness and stomach/guy cramping for a few days now
>>
>>40501291
15%
>>
File: IMG_0309.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>40494682
No dumbass, just eat real food.
>>
So redpill me on toning please
>>
Other than squats, maybe chest exercises and not being too fat, is there anything else a woman should do in diet and exercise?
>>
>>40500753
np,
in my experience:
Postworkout-shake for both sessions and look for good sleep the next days
>>
>>40499707
sauce?
>>
>>40501291
>>40501352
Thanks, that's about what I'd say too. But calipers get me... 0, and tape gets me 9~10 which is still pretty law I guess.
>>
Poo
>>
File: shutterstock_228843238_3_.0.jpg (128KB, 1000x756px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_228843238_3_.0.jpg
128KB, 1000x756px
>>40493493
My lower back hurts when I do some kind of movements sometimes. It's like when I irritate my back it starts to hurt or be irritated. I've been squatting and doing deadlift 3 times a week with good form and free pain but my lower back feels weak and like it could explode in any moment... I don't want to have an injury forever. Maybe it started 7 months ago while doing squat with 90 kg (it was my session weight), I felt a pop (i didn't embrace my core correctly) in the mid-low back zone (not in the circle I draw) but it didn't hurt or something, just a "pop" like when you stretch your joints or something like that. One week later my lower back felt weird and then started to hurt while doing squats and I dropped gym for 2 weeks. I started lifting again after those 2 weeks and after 3-4 months my lower back started to hurt while doing squats (maybe becuase I did "heavy" deadlift with 120kg). I dropped the gym during 2 months and then started going again but after a week my lower back was irritated and it hurted doing squats/leg press/deadlift so I dropped the gym for 2 weeks. Nowadays I'm doing 70 kg 5x5 squats and 90 1x5 kg deadlift (my max is 100 kg lol with mixed grip).

Am I fucked forever? It sounds like a pinzed nerver in the region I drew in the pic. Would a chiropractor cure my problem? It's a sharp pain but the pain isn't big ;_;
>>
I slipped on some ice and fell on the 17th and my knee hurts a little and its uncomfortable for me to walk up stairs, do diddys and squats now, What the fuck? it was just a slip and fall, im 19yrs old not a senior. I missed the squats session on monday and thursday, what should i do now? just wait til it feels fine and go back to my current working weight or deload? im not sure how much more rest i will need.
>>
I think I have hypothyroidism. My weight has been stuck for six months, even though I've been running and counting calories. I have most of the other symptoms. Is there anything I can do to naturally fix it, or should I go see a doctor.

>>40502947
You may have broken your sacrum. My brother fell when he was playing football, and he said he also felt a pop and was okay for a while afterwards. He kept playing football, but the pain got worse, so he got an xray that showed his sacrum was broken. I'd get it checked out. You don't want to develop nerve problems like ED and incontinence.
>>
>>40502947
You know you don't have to squat and deadlift
>>
>>40503065
Never mind, I just read that you hurt your mid/lower back. That'd probably be too high. Just throwing stuff out.
>>
>>40503088
But why? is that forever?
>>40503103
>That'd probably be too high. Just throwing stuff out.
What? is there a cure?
>>
If I am 6'1", 245 lbs, 26% bf and never lifted before how do I cut down to 190 lbs or so without losing what little base muscle I have from playing sports and doing outdoors shit?

Is it reasonable to do keto and lose 4 lbs a week?
>>
>>40503155

Just eat 500 calorie deficit. You wont lose muscle if you workout. You can try Keto but you probably won't be able to do it.
>>
>>40503188
Ive done it in the past but only to lose like 50 lbs in 3 months and didnt care about muscle at the time so wasnt paying attention to my strength
>>
>>40503144
I meant throwing out ideas. I could be a vertebrae fracture or a pinched nerve, like you mentioned. I'd still see a doctor, because nerve damage in that area could be pretty serious. Or just try icing it and resting for a while.
>>
>>40503144
>But why?
So you don't cripple yourself?
Try doing front squats and db lunges.
You keep saying you quit the gym during those times, are you a grill who doesn't work upper body?
>>
about to go into my first cut, any tips?
what should my carbs + fat per body weight look like?
how to avoid being hungry?
>>
>>40503225
I've lost 120lbs just by cutting calories. I still eat whatever I want and don't count macros. Just don't eat as often. If I don't eat breakfast, I don't feel the need to eat lunch. Or I would eat oatmeal for breakfast, so I wouldn't be hungry until supper. I'm doing intermittent fasting now, which is pretty much the same thing.
>>
File: 81bsNNr8qGL._SY450_.jpg (27KB, 346x450px) Image search: [Google]
81bsNNr8qGL._SY450_.jpg
27KB, 346x450px
Are greens supplements worth taking if you never get as many veggies in as you're supposed to while cutting?
>>
>>40503281
I do not want to lose any of my muscles tho, i been bulking before
>>
>>40497106
Eat more.
>>
>>40501338
Anyone?
>>
>>40501358
I can't afford real food, I have maybe $15 a month for food.
>>
>>40503716
Alternative energy sources like creatine. D-ribose may also help.
>>
What is the exercise called when you do tricep pushdowns but with your palms facing the celing?
>>
File: emailgym.png (41KB, 877x331px) Image search: [Google]
emailgym.png
41KB, 877x331px
>just sent a long angry email to my local gym because I tried to start working out and the people there were rude

Please tell me I don't sound like elliot roger.
>>
>>40503856
>Random CAPITALIZED WORDS in sentences
1/10 did not read
>>
>>40501338
I have Crohns but my medicine treatment makes me perfectly normal so sorry, got no tips for ya.
>>
File: IMG_0865.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0865.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>40503899
Not them, but What meds do you take?

I used to take Asacol for ulcerative colitis, then I was put on humira. I'm not taking anything now. In remission.

My 23&me genetics implies I actually have crohn's not ulcerative colitis, but not diagnosed yet.
>>
I'm kinda a newfag, just read up the wiki, the sticky, lots of meal guides and stuff and constructed myself a schedule
I'm 17+1 years old with 70kg at ~17-18% BF
Should I cut or bulk first?
>>
>>40503916
Remicade, have to go to an infusion clinic every 8 weeks and get medicine for like 2 hours. Much like the guys who get chemo
>>
>>40503949
Is there any oral medicine that works?
>>
Is it normal to feel your triceps working during pull ups? After a couple reps my tris feel sore
>>
>>40503965
not to my knowledge, but then again im no doctor.
>>
>>40503969
No it's not. Try focusing on pulling with your lats instead of your arms
>>
>>40503856
>all the capitalization doesn't read "YOU CAN ALL EAT A BAG OF SHIT"

3/10 wouldn't reply.
>>
>>40503945
cutting while making noob gains
>>
>>40503945
If you are starting out run recomp for awhile to make some gains then I would do a quick cut then bulk since you wont have enough muscles to justify a full cut.
>>
File: 20170225_152339.jpg (735KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_152339.jpg
735KB, 1920x1080px
How do I fix my chest? I just declined another invitation to the beach and i could tell she was disappointed.
>>
>>40504238
Bench press.
>>
>>40504258
I can barely bench 150 3x5. I just switched from Stronglifts to PHUL last week but maybe it's time for me to get a gym membership so I can do cable flyes?
>>
File: they're great in the heat.png (732KB, 616x604px) Image search: [Google]
they're great in the heat.png
732KB, 616x604px
for nearly a month now i've been doing exclusively lat pulldowns for the back

is this a problem
>>
Serious question. Can I drink a glass of wine a day and still be /fit/? Whether cutting or bulking
>>
>>40504710
yes, wine isn't too high in calories and research shows it's good for the heart
>>
>>40504747
Thanks. Does that apply to pretty much all wines? Or are there some I should avoid?
>>
>>40504761
i think the heart-health thing is for red wine specifically, but i doubt there's much difference

maybe stay away from port and other sweet wines if you're that concerned, but my guess is you could swing pretty much any wine without any significant negative consequences
>>
>>40495378
Honestly if you're looking for real info avoid /fit/. There is so much autism and misinformation you'll never get a real answer.
Come here for the high test threads and keks instead
>>
Vikings has a real presence on here these days... Why?
>>
>>40504808
Sweet thanks
>>
Is it weird to worship a future fit version of myself for motivation? I even have a little shrine of this self. When I 'make it'... I'll become that which I worship
>>
>>40505386
Everyone does it, its called looking in the mirror after having a pump.
>>
File: 1486763373589.png (143KB, 420x390px) Image search: [Google]
1486763373589.png
143KB, 420x390px
Have any of you faggots had umbilical hernia repair without mesh/microscopic repair and gone back to lifting? This fucking thing aches daily to remind me it exists and I'm worried about blowing my repair open. Am I going to have to basically cut any lifts that stress anything abdominal?
>>
How long should I wait after eating to go for a run?
>>
>>40505786
24 hours
>>
>>40504407
Your bench is still too low. You don't need accessory lifts yet. Get to like 225 to 250 lbs before starting them.
>>
If im happy with my current muscle size but all i want is to decrease fat but keep muscle the same. Will a slow cut with a lot of proteins while lifting 3 times per week and mantaining the same weight be enough?
>>
>>40506099
That's the idea. But some muscle loss I've heard is inevitable on a cut. But if you cut right like as you've suggested and be very cautious and smart about it, the muscle loss shouldn't be significant at all
>>
File: 1488058689556.jpg (130KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488058689556.jpg
130KB, 480x640px
>>40506084
Dont listen to this guy unless you wanna look like this guy.
>>
>>40506167
the slower the cut the less muscle is at risk, right?
>>
>>40506210
I think so. I've definitely heard that said multiple times around here. I think that's why most go for 500 kcal deficits max. I could be wrong but that makes all the sense in the world to me. Besides if you're not in any rush to cut then why not take it slow right? You'll have an easier time not being so damn hungry all the time
>>
I didn't want to start a new thread. So I'll ask this here. Am I gonna make it /fit/?

I have been doing Reg Parks routine from sticky. I just finished week 12. I am 5'8 My stats are.
Weight:
Week 1-155, Week 12-167
Deadlift: 235x5 reps
Front Squat: 150x5 reps
Squat: 190x5 reps
Bench Press: 140x5 reps
Pendley Row: 145x5 reps
Shoulder Press : 105x 4 reps

Little more info. For the first 5 weeks I was doing dips instead of bench press, and using Smith Machine for squatting and Shoulder Press. After I switched to all barbell and bench during week 6.
I didn't increase weight on week 9 and 10 for squat because of pain and trying to get form right. Pain went away with stretching and strict form then increased weight for week 11 and 12.

I'm still seeing strength gains on most lifts, but failed last rep of last set on shoulder press.
>>
>>40506272
Youll make it. Just stay consistent. What are your goals? Overall. For lifts, look good, etc. Just curious
>>
>>40506210
Allot of people here say slow bulk fast cut.
>>
>>40506333
Health. My goal right now is 2pl8 bench and 3.5-4pl8 deadlift. Once I hit those I'd like to go for aesthetics.
>>
File: IMG_1763.png (311KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1763.png
311KB, 1242x2208px
Is this too slow to be bulking? I'm a beginner and I'm slowly crawling up in my lifts while working hard and sleeping enough.
>>
>>40493768
Grip what? Your cock or the bar?
Grip the bar as hard as you can, but go easier on your cock, you don't want to end up with death grip syndrome.
>>
I'm skellyfat, 5'10 ~145 lbs

Should I cut to lose the little belly fat and muffin top I have then clean bulk or bulk straight away?
>>
File: 1441530638298.png (7KB, 473x454px) Image search: [Google]
1441530638298.png
7KB, 473x454px
What do you do if you stop progressing (in strength) but you're still gaining weight training regularly etc?
>>
How much is it expected for lifts to go up while on a cut? I always get self conscious about my numbers compared to how long I've been lifting, even though literally 2/3s of my time spent lifting has been during a cut/weight loss.
>>
>>40506797
Bump
>>
>>40493493
Alright, been cutting on 1700 calories for a while but today I had a family dinner, my mom missed since she was sick so there was a fuckton of food left(didn't help the people near me didnt eat much too). I refuse to let food go to waste and it's also pretty rude to the chef so I ate it all

I most likely went over 4000 calories over my maintenance(2000) since it was a full menu and with the dessert + cake so fuck me was that a lot of food not to mention the sweets.

how will this affect me? will I gain a shit load of weight from this? should I try to consume as little calories as possible this week or just keep with the usual 1700? fucking close to 10%bf(currently 12) and I fear this might have set me back some weeks
>>
>>40506797
0 gains will most likely be made, theres a higher chance that you will lose muscles.
>>
>>40506912
So I shouldn't focus on any bullshit about my numbers until I'm done and bulking? It just puts that pressure on me to see people say they reached 1/2/3/4 in like 5 months of lifting and I'm at .6/1/2/2.5 after 9
>>
>>40493493
I have asymmetric eyes and brow. should I kms?
>>
>>40506928
yes, you will have to disregard numbers and it will be demoralizing but you will have nice aesthetics after. Those people who reach 1/2/3/4 in a few months Bulk hard for a long time and focus on numbers and end up with 25% + bodyfat
>>
Been sneaking up to 1/2/3/4 pl8 and doing some calculations. My OHP and bench are going pretty steady, and am almost there, but my deadlift is lacking. Can I deadlift (and increase the weight) twice a week to speed the process? I mean, does it seem realistic? For deadlift I am to increase the weight by 5kg every workout (OHP and bench 2.5k each workout). Or would it be too much?
>>
File: 1477267980276.jpg (213KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477267980276.jpg
213KB, 720x720px
So i've been lifting for a total of about 3 years. it goes on 1 year, off one year, off, on, etc. my first year i did heavy compounds. second year i still did deads and squats but stopped ohp and did incline bench. third year i dropped deads but still did squats.

so i'm in my off period right now about to hop back on the gain train but i've noticed that since my second year my knees have been starting to crack when i bend them, but only below parallel. so i can bend down to a right angle and nothing happens, but if i start to bend my knees down more it sounds like pop rocks. it's gotten worse over time and i'm not sure if it's due to squats or deadlifts, those are the only exercises i do where i bend my knees. and the only time i go below parallel is when doing atg squats. i don't think it's my form, i've videod my form before and everything looked right. highbar atg squats btw. and the weird thing is my squat lift sucks and i haven't gone beyond 2 pl8. it doesn't hurt when my knees crack but it doesn't sound healthy either. i'm only 22 so i'm not some old fuck with bad knees, but i'm scared i will be if i keep squatting.

did i fall for a meme /fit/? is atg like gomad? am i fucked for life? is there a way i can unfuck my knees? what lifts should i do in place of squats to work my quads, hams, and glutes?
>>
>>40507653
Most of my joints crack. It happens to some people
>>
>>40507001
>>40507383
You stupid faggots need to stop the 1234 meme. A 4pl8 deadlift is much more impressive than a 1pl8 ohp. It is totally out of whack not even in the same level of strength so stfu dumb fucks
>>
>>40507742
Check exrx str standards page or use symmetricstrength to see for yourselves. As an example, at 165lb a 130 ohp is considered intermediate while a 410 dead (5lb above a 4pl8 for you kg euro faggots) is considered ADVANCED.

SO STFU
>>
>>40507001
Also youre a pure retard. I hit those numbers and above for 5rm on SS and im not above 20% bf. I guarantee you if I cut id shit on any hypertrophy time wasting faggot. But I jumped on the juice instead so the cut will have to wait, faggot.
>>
>>40501676
Vinland Saga
>>
what's the best rep count for hypertrophy?
>>
Sorry I couldn't see a routine thread
Workout A (Monday)

Squat 3/5×4-6
Bench Press/Overhead Press 5×4-6
Dumbell Row 3×4-6
Dumbbell Overhead Extension 3×6-10
Stiff-legged deadlift 3×6-8
Farmers walk X3
Lateral raises 3X8

Workout B (Wednesday)
Box Squat 3/5×4-6
Overhead Press 3×4-6 (if you benched Monday) at 90% of previous 5×4-6 weight or Bench Press 3×4-6 (if OHP on Monday) at 90% of previous 5×4-6 weight
Trap-Bar Deadlift 2×4-6
Lat pulldowns 3X6
Weighted planks 3X60secs

Workout C (Friday)
Squat 3×4-6
Bench Press 1x5RM (if you benched Monday) or Overhead Press 1x5RM (if OHP on Monday)
Dumbell row 3X4-6
Dumbbell Overhead Extension 3×6-10
Barbell or Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3×6-10 (alternate each workout)
Reverse Hyperextension 3×20
Lateral raises 3X8

My OHP and bench would increase every week and my squat and dead would increase every workout they are performed as my legs are lagging in strength. .. how does this look
>>
Are kettlebell squats a meme?
>>
>>40507841
All of them.
>>
>>40507794
cant tell if this is satire or not.....
>>
File: nido.org_1477826093371.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
nido.org_1477826093371.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
What fitness programs should I look into?
>>
>>40508186
I'm a 145lbs dyel in case that helps
>>
i have a question: would taking aromatase inhibitors increase my base testosterone level without me having to take T?
>>
/fat/ ass here.

I am wondering can I gain muscle, but have my body be a "sleeper" body?
Definition of sleeper is mostly to vehicles, but it could be applied here I guess..
>Often reffering to what appears to be a ordinary looking

Essentially I want to be stronger than I look, so would that be toning?
>>
So the 5x5 program I am doing says to do incremental weight increases for each set. Since I'm a skeleton and I just started this week, I've just been doing the bar and not increasing the weight. Is this a mistake? Should I be throwing increases even if it means increasing by a tiny amount? I'm worried about any weight increase at the moment because of my form, which is less than optimal I'm sure.
>>
>>40508186
READ THE STICKY
>>
So I started SS around a month and a half ago, and the past few weeks my progress has gotten much slower. In particular, i was squatting 155 for all 15 without issue, but when i moved up to 165 i hit a wall. Not only can i get maybe 3 reps per set, but i might even be getting weaker. Today I could only do 3,1,1, last time it was 3,2,2. I started eating more and I *think* i'm sleeping enough, so what gives?
>>
Full day fasting such as eat stop eat. What does /fit/ think? For cutting ofc
>>
Is there such thing as:
>Eating too much spinach
>Drinking too much water

?
>>
I'm interested in going from lifting weights to full calisthenics. So what's the best bodyweight program out there? The beginning one might be a little slow for me. I can already do 10 pull ups and 101 push ups consecutively
>>
Is two days of clean dating enough to rid the taste and desire of junk food from my system?
>>
>>40506972
No. Find a qt with something slightly off about her facial aesthetics and learn to look past her flaws
>>
>>40506179
So I should be doing hypertrophy? Maybe a classic 3 day split with flyes?
>>
dumb question, but I normally do ABxABxx, can the change this with BxABxxA some weeks and do ABxABxx other weeks?
>>
File: 1461435706413.png (121KB, 1050x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461435706413.png
121KB, 1050x1000px
>>40510539
btw I'm doing the program in the pic
>>
I'm a skinnyfat male and I already look like a skelly but my plan is to lose excessive fat on my belly before bulking up. My maximum bench press is something like 15 reps with 45 kg load (including the barbell).

Anyway, should I be worried that my strength is not increasing? There's been no progress for almost 2 months...
>>
How long does a recomp take?
I'm 6'2'' 175 lbs 15% bodyfat and eating at about 2800 calories a day. I've been doing this for about 2 months and my weight hasn't changed so I guess I'm at around maintenance.
How long would it take to get to 10-11%?
>>
File: IMG_1831.jpg (59KB, 910x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1831.jpg
59KB, 910x752px
As someone who has diabetes in the family history, should I be restricting carbs? Are carbs fine as long as they raise blood sugar slowly?
>>
>>40496993
yeah he's got that retard strength
>>
>>40510971
Simple carbs are for simple minds
>>
How did you guys start counting macros? I want to start, but it seems pretty tricky.
>>
In GreySkull "Linebacker" program, workouts are laid like this :

Monday and Friday :
>Press
>Chins
>Squat

Wednesday :
>Bench
>EZ Curl
>Deadlift

However in the book all these 'add-ons' don't alternate the Press and the Bench press on each workout day like the base program did. Should I add it ? And while I'm at it, should I also alternate chins and EZ curls ?
>>
>>40510847
If you're not bulking, the muscle mass your body is able to create can't skyrocket and so will your strength. You'll need to bulk if you want to see some significant strength gains, which is why you should start by bulking even if you've got a small layer of fat on your belly.
>>
>>40510074
Sure, but you're likely to be far away from it. For example, water intoxications have been reported to occur starting 10 liters per day.
>>
>>40502947
>started 7 months ago ... I felt a pop in the mid-low back ... One week later my lower back felt weird and then started to hurt ... I started lifting again and my lower back started to hurt while doing squats

diagnosis: moron

do to a doctor, get x-ray or mri
>>
>>40503155
>I am 6'1", 245 lbs,

this was exactly me 9 months ago
201 today after changing nutrition and 4x/week cardio and weights

4lbs/wk is twice a healthy rate

maybe you can drop it faster than I did but I am very satisfied with my progress, 5" off my belt and confident I'll get the rest of the fat off with no problem
>>
>>40497206
Chuan pls
>>
What do i drink on nights out to stay as fit as possible?

I usually drink shit tons of beer, but after i started lurking on here and take my weight more seriously, i figured that beer would be retarded to keep drinking in large doses on nights out. I'm thinking mixing a couple beers with some other drinks.

So what do you /fit/izens usually drink throughout the night when partying, and do you have some tips to not take in too many calories?
>>
File: Wejustdontknow.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
Wejustdontknow.gif
999KB, 250x251px
Need recs for decent squat leggings, Tried using tracksuit bottoms but there too restrictive.

Currently using xplosive ape leggings but the fucking material busted at the bottom of one of the legs.
>>
Can you overreach or overtrain with the RTS method if you never go beyond 5% fatigue per training session?
>>
File: Eugen-Sandow-415.jpg (45KB, 415x652px) Image search: [Google]
Eugen-Sandow-415.jpg
45KB, 415x652px
Does anyone have any similar pictures of old school bodybuilders? There is one I need where the guy is wearing a towel to cover his crotch
>>
>>40497206
To be fair Chuan has lost a ton of weight recently
>>
I train around 1 hour after waking up, what should I have for breakfast?
>>
How to have a sugar free diet when you have to eat fruit? I don't get it...
>>
I weight 91 pounds how do I gain big muscles. I've never stepped into a gym before and I'd like to do body weight preferably due to a back issue.
>>
File: LibertyEqualityorDeath.jpg (49KB, 344x347px) Image search: [Google]
LibertyEqualityorDeath.jpg
49KB, 344x347px
Did I gain like 30lbs of LBM in 3.5 years? Is my logic flawed?

Went from 160lbs weak sack of shit to 182lbs of mediocrity, my calculations:
160lbs @ 20% = 128lbs
lifting consistently 3.5 Years
182lbs @ 11% = 162lbs

162lbs - 128lbs = 34lbs, this is my gains right?
>>
>>40495150
Yes.

When I was a lineman in college, the team nutritionist had me on almost 400 grams protein. It made eating a chore, 2bh.
>>
On dips, elbows out or elbows back?
>>
>>40503225
Read sticky
Eat 1g protein/lb body weight
Fill the rest with fat and carbs however you please
Work out
You will be very hungry for a couple weeks and then your body will adjust. Plan your meals and pad with low cal foods like broccoli or even just water
>>
>>40503856
Autism/10
>>
1/2/3/4 is a sensible enough ratio, yes?

where would you put lat pull downs on this scale? same as chest?
>>
>>40506889
1 lb of fat = 3500 calories

At worst you gain a pound and you're set back a few days. Don't kill yourself over it and try to practice better restraint in the future
>>
is it possible to build strength/make gains while cutting?

I just got back from Cancun to which I lost 10 lbs a month prior to the trip. Now that I'm back I'm not sure if I should maintain for a while while trying to get stronger or keep cutting until I get to my goal? I feel just lifting helped maintain while I lost all that weight so quickly but Im starting to feel deflated. Looking for some advice to get my strength/muscle gains back.

Grill 5"1
start: 160 lbs
current: 125
goal:115
>>
After a lifetime of being sedentary, I find that my mobility is too terrible to perform most basic lifts. Is there some mobility routine I can follow? Would be nice if I can do most of it from home too.
>>
>>40503856
> sends harshly worded email
> email threatens to send a harshly worded email
> also a veiled death threat because you have no sense of proportion
>>
>>40513638
Not possible except for noob gains. Hard to say what you should do without pics but personal recommendation is do a bulk till you're satisfied and then do a much slower cut to preserve muscle. 1lb/week is more realistic for a female of your size if you don't want to cannibalize gains
>>
one of my knees is hurting, should I still go and deadlift?
>>
Is doing chin ups every other day a bad move or no? I am trying to increase the amount I can do.
>>
New bread >>40514044
>>
Ive been eating at 1700kcals/300 deficit for quite some time, yesterday I "might" have consumed over 4000kcals

what will happen? do I need weeks to recover from that setback? I was 2kg heavier today but its probably just the food in my stomach
Had a lot of coffee today and atm im shitting green diahrrea like crazy(birthday cake massepan was green) and I feel fucking full still, only ate a meal today 5h ago.
>>
>>40514038
You can do them every day if you want
>>
For 6 day PPL should I increase the weight every session ie twice a week or just once a week?
>>
Should I buy bumper plates or steel plates?
>>
>>40493532
The King cucked them again. So fucking stupid.
Everyone that settles and farms there will die.
You can already tell.

Since he wasn't King anymore = no legal rights.

Seriously, the show went to shit. Absolutely fucking retarded and stupid and you can already tell the plot ahead.
>>
File: 1468949331451.png (82KB, 599x717px) Image search: [Google]
1468949331451.png
82KB, 599x717px
Here's a stupid question.
Could I theoretically work out 3 days a week, eating at a caloric surplus for 6 days a week and eat on a strict diet (or nothing at all even) for one day a week and gain muscle faster than I lose it while not gaining weight in fat?
>>
>>40514571
Sure you can Michael Phelps.
>>
>>40513521
No. Depending on your build, some are going to be way easier than others to achieve.
I have the completely same wing span as height (5'9), so I'm as average as it gets. I got the 135x5 ohp 10 months in, currently 2 months later now sitting at 210x5 for bench, 275x5 for squat and, 325x5 for deadlift. Just as an insight.
>where would you put lat pull downs on this scale?
You don't because lat pulldown is for pussies. Weighted chinups or pullups. Should be around 15-20% heavier than your bench, including your own bodyweight. Also do static holds on on these exercises to increase your grip strength for the deadlift.
>>
>>40513638
No, nothing beyond noob gains.

If your goal weight is more important to you, keep on cutting. If your strength performance and muscle mass is more important, bulk.
>>
>>40513642
Just look for starting stretch. There should be an infographic if you type it into google.
>>
>>40503884
CHAD is LITERALLY eating PIZZA right now while YOU hit the GYM HARD
>>
>>40496021
You probably broke a tiny piece of bone in your knee. I had the same thing except that I didn't realise and got that clicking thing way later after training.
>>
I've been doing SS since the summer (never lifted before), but I never switched to the second phase with the power cleans. Problem is I'm reaching this point where I can't go up anymore. The only lift where I think I can go up is my squat, everything else is stagnant (or worse, some days I can't even finish properly). Should I move into the second phase or try something different?
weight: between 190-200
height: 6'2
squat : 3 x5 (185)
dl: 1 x 5 (225)
OHP: 3 x 5 (95, sometimes I fail out)
bench: 3 x 5 (135)
>>
>>40499497
yes
>>
File: 1460402697789.png (94KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1460402697789.png
94KB, 800x800px
>>40514571

Really made me think
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.