[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heavy bag in a pull up bar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 7

File: 01.jpg (4KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
4KB, 250x140px
Hi, i bought a pull up bar (pic related), and i want to instal the heavy bag like in the picture, but i dont want the straps/chains to get twisted.

So my question is if its suitable to connect it with a carabiner-swivel-carabiner?

I'm worried if the weight resistance will not be enough or if you can tell me another details i need to take into account, i will appreciate it.

*I will post more pictures
>>
File: 02.jpg (2KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
2KB, 125x70px
>>40491790
This is a closer look at the connection, what i want to do with the swivel is to avoid the tiwst on the straps.
>>
File: 011.jpg (462KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
462KB, 1600x900px
>>40491790
Re uploading the image for better size
>>
File: 022.jpg (365KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
022.jpg
365KB, 1600x900px
>>40491798

The same for this image
>>
File: 03.jpg (18KB, 396x413px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
18KB, 396x413px
>>40491790
This is the type of carabiners i want to use
>>
File: 04.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>40491790
An this is the swivel that i want between the carabiners
>>
>>40491790

Also take into account the swing is better for a boxing trainning since you work the bag and need to move like a real fight not to stay static.

So the swing its actually a good thing but i dont know the effect that type of links would give to the bag.
>>
Are you saying you think the carabiner you posted won't take the weight of the bag?

If so, that's called a mailon. it will definitely take the weight. They are used in climbing and are well tested to take the weight of a falling human.

You could have one connected to either side of pic related. That's called a swivel. It will rotate and stop the bag from twisting
>>
>>40494316
>You could have one connected to either side of pic related. That's called a swivel. It will rotate and stop the bag from twisting

Yeah i wanted to know if that is a good option also if the swivel is a viable option because on /diy/ an anon told me that it will not twist because its too short
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.