[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is dieting screwing with my sex drive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1482780166262.jpg (61KB, 500x862px)
1482780166262.jpg
61KB, 500x862px
>Dieting for 4 months straight
>Libido is at 0
>Can get an erection but no desire to jerk off and very little desire to have sex

I was losing 2lbs a week and now I'm only losing 1lb per week (deliberately decreased my deficit). What's the deal here, are my hormones really that fucked from moderate dieting?

200lb male here, I get at least 70g of fat per day, so I can't imagine fat intake is the issue.
>>
I've gone from 236 to 160 and i've gotten super horny. Your nutrition good?
>>
>>40485228
Look into zinc.
>>
>>40485240

I get at least 150g of Protein per day, and aforementioned 70g+ fats. I don't track micros, but I eat diverse veggies to help keep full and take a multivitamin & fish oil capsules.

It could also be totally unrelated to diet, I don't know. I'm under mild stress but I've been under stress before. Maybe the diet is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
>>
>>40485269

I was looking at Zinc & Magnesium the other day, consensus seemed to be that it was a meme except in the few who were genuinely deficient in them. I'll get some bottles and try them out, can't cost too much I imagine.
>>
>>40485295
How about sleep?
>>
How old are you? When I was younger, I used to not be hit as hard from Cutting. Now, it's brutal. I cant imagine when I get older

I'm 29 and feel more or less the same. I'm 185 lbs, 6'0, at 2000 calories a day. Around 8-9% Bodyfat now (I guess?)

I feel awful all day, despite perfect nutrition+macros, zero booze. max sleep. Zero sex drive, no energy, constantly hungry, and can barely make it through my workouts.
The leaner you get, unless you hop on Juice, you feel worse and worse.
>>
>>40485359

8-9 hours a day, feels like a good amount to me. Any more and I feel sluggish. I haven't tried less.

>>40485363

I'm 27, probably 20% bodyfat at 200lbs. I always thought the serious hunger/sex/depression hormonal issues were things that hit bodybuilding contestants getting into the single digits. I feel fine besides the total lack of sex drive; a little hungry, but I am dieting after all.
>>
>>40485463

OP, see a doctor

Its *probably* the diet. I noticed the same thing when losing about a lb a week and it became so normal for me that I didn't even realize that something was off until I started slowly lean bulking again.

Its almost certainly the diet, even if you're getting proper multivitamin intake and dieting well and exercising. Caloric deficits are hard on the body and mind.
>>
>>40485228
Eat saturated fats. Those help produce test.

Also increase your calorie intake by 100-200 calories and see how that makes you feel
>>
it is the fat.

more egg yolks.
>>
>>40485363
are you me
>>
>>40485463
If you were heavy for a long while and you lead a fairly stressful life and are cutting really hard...
Then it's perfectly natural for your sex drive to tank a bit during this time.
If you can still pop boners but don't find yourself as randy as before then you're just normal.

Remember. Losing weight is very stressful on the body and it will do what it can to try to force homeostasis. One thing is to errect emotional barriers like depression sadness and avoidance, the other is lowering the urge to do things that will increase your NEAT or lower your access to food. Like being active in general, sexual reproduction, etc etc.
>>
>>40485228
Cutting for even a week kills my libido and makes me feel like shit in general
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.