[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Razor recs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: ss.jpg (165KB, 980x510px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
165KB, 980x510px
What is the best razor and cream to get a great, clean shave? I use Gillette Mach 3's currently, but I don't like the fact that they clog frequently and I have to go over my face multiple times to get a result I want. I use Gillette shaving gel too.

I just want the optimal combo to get rid of everything without cleaning in between the blade thoroughly every time I take a stroke across the face. Curious about what you fellas use
>>
File: for-men-maca-root-shave-cream_l.jpg (59KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
for-men-maca-root-shave-cream_l.jpg
59KB, 450x450px
>>40482329
Get a DE razor and try out some different blades until you find the type you like. It'll save you from having to buy 25 dollarydoos worth of bullshit cartridges every few weeks. Pic related is the best shaving cream I've used by a wide margin.
>>
I use a straight razor with exchangeable heads and a small woman's safety razor to clean up if I'm in a rush. Shaving cream is those Arko sticks. Takes a bit longer but i feel it's worth it and I like to shave.
>>
>>40482329
Safety razor - preferably a long handle with a butterfly head

Experiment to find the best blades - it will never clog - I buy a 100 blades for about $10 on Amazon

Any cheap foam shaving cream will work

Col. conk for the win if you get a badger hair brush

You're welcome
>>
File: 1399824361230.jpg (758KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1399824361230.jpg
758KB, 1600x1200px
>>40482413
Pic related...
My Edwin Jagger
>>
a
>>
>>40482329

I switched about 4 years ago from Gillette Mach 3 to using a safety razor.

Best thing I have ever done for my skin.

It does take some time to learn how to do it properly but this guy (/user/ChiCityTimelapse) on youtube "Nick Shaves" knows his shit.

I'm currently using a Merkur 34c, Boar-hair brush and an aloe based shaving puck which I cannot remember the name of. You have a slightly higher start up cost (~40 quid for razor and brush) but I would say to invest well at the start and then all you have to buy is more blades (100 for 6 quid on amazon, read reviews for these, all are sharp, some are too sharp imo [feather blades]) and every few months a new shaving soap.

As for wanting to not have to thoroughly clean, I know the pain of hair getting stuck between the tiny shitty gaps in a mach3 cart, I can honestly say that I have cleared 4 or 5 days growth in a single pass, one quick dunk in the sink and it's totally cleared.

Make the switch dude, your skin and your wallet will thank you.
>>
>>40482329
>>40483925

And I meant to add, buy a block of alum, will last a lifetime and stops bleeds instantly.
>>
>>40482413
>Any cheap foam shaving cream will work
if you want xenoestrogens on your face, sure
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.