[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the lifestyle (food, exercise, environment, social life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9016s-5895e234ef99c__880.jpg (138KB, 880x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9016s-5895e234ef99c__880.jpg
138KB, 880x574px
What is the lifestyle (food, exercise, environment, social life etc) to have to dig your way out of depression?
>>
fifth of liquor daily.

make sure to go for a long drive when you finish the bottle.
>>
>>40477361
Making good choices definitely helps. For example, you could seek professional help instead of asking some bitter autists on the internet
>>
>>40477361
Find something that gets your mind off of what is making you depressed. If it's something that happened to you, time will heal. What's making you depressed OP?
>>
Proactive steps, exercise eat healthy, get out and do stuff. Ironically this is the hardest thing to do while depressed. This can be as little as listening to happy music instead of depressing music. Counselling will help as well.

For some people however the depression is simply a chemical imbalance in which case some skittles off your doc will help.
>>
Best thing for me was to go to church. I didn't find god but I found a girl there. Maybe not the way everyone else does it.

She merely helped me get over my first love which was the last straw on the camel back that made me fall into deep depression when we broke up.

Also anti-depressants and lots of self care. Always remember that everything you do in life is to strengthen yourself. If you aren't strong then you can't help nobody.
>>
>>40477361
fasting, once you feel than hype from adrenaline, testosterone and hgh you never want to go back to bkreafast meme and le 6 bodybuilding meals a day meme. And sleep is amazing. Shit restored my morning wood and i feel like born again. Try this shit
>>
The thing that made me not depressed was my career I'm a chef and a few years ago I used to just go to work to finish the day and get my pay and then when I started lifting it made me more motivated to actually get good at what I do and now I am sous chef and am fucking good at cooking and it just makes me happy knowing I have a skill that I am good at and can get better at constantly and will get more money for just being better at something I actually enjoy.
>>
>>40477361
be good looking
>>
>>40477361
be ironic a lot, eventually ends up in a nice little numb place <3

t. tumblr
>>
>>40477700

What do your means look like when fasting and how much prtein are you consuming, also hen do you eat your meals? im thinking of giving fasting a go
>>
>>40477361
the lifestyle of going to a therapist frequently, or taking antidepressants.

I dug my way out without that shit, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and it was only by luck that I was able to return to a somewhat normal life.
>>
File: courtneykingbutt.jpg (86KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
courtneykingbutt.jpg
86KB, 960x960px
>>40477361
>be rich
>be good looking
>have good genetics
>don't fap
>live exciting life
>don't get married
>>
>>40477361
Eat a balanced diet with lots of fat, protein, and carbs, as well as fruits and veggies.

Exercise regularly but don't overtrain, just enough to push yourself to the limits but stay injury free. Look at it as a long term plan.

Environment I'd personally live somehwere rural if I could but it comes down to preference.

Social life also comes down to preference. Personally I've completely disregarded women from my life and I feel that this decision has helped my anxiety and mental health A LOT.
>>
>>40477361
Find a simple healthy daily routine
Morning exercise
Daily activity
Decent Job that is fulfilling challenging or or at least has decent affable people and good pay.
A good hobby
Healthy meals
Not so healthy meals and snacks every once in a while
Learning how to deal with stress
Keeping hydrated
Calm peaceful environment
Meditation
Having just the right amount of interaction with people. Some can't deal with people for more then a few hours others need to be around a small village of people.
Occasional fasting
Finding humor in things
Accepting your depression and letting the dark days flow over and around you and stand firm.
Finding some form of spirituality.
>>
File: 1487392066015.png (57KB, 671x588px) Image search: [Google]
1487392066015.png
57KB, 671x588px
>>40477361
Just keep moving. Make 'motion' your first priority. Always have some chores or task that is actively distracting you from the fact that you hate your life and would rather die. It sounds backwards but I've been on this for about a month and have had far fewer "Why the fuck does God keep waking me up!?" moments than before. Easily 60% less "depression". What's more forcing myself to stay busy means I've been having more positive encounters with people at my college, and actually been putting time into finishing the book I was supposed to publish 3 years ago. Like most things in life it is backwards but it works.
>>
>>40480286
What do you do if you've stagnated? How do you start moving again from rock bottom?
>>
>>40480375
I had to: Stop playing videogames. It's not the right kind of stimulation. You lose hours and hours with nothing, not even true social interaction, to show for it. When I sat down and thought about it I realized that I "secretly" regretted all that lost time even though the games were fun. Once I cut out those secret regrets (games, fattening-binge treats, things that made me feel or realize I was worthless) I focused on the things that always made me feel alive and worthwhile. I love to write stories so I wrote whatever came to mind. I love to draw so I got out paper and just started scribbling. I love clouds and violent weather so I climbed a mountain to get closer to the sky. But I filled in all the mundane middle parts too. I washed the dishes so bugs wouldn't bother me while writing. Cleaned and dusted so my art space was clear. Did my homework early so I could take my time on my hike. What I've described to you is 3 days spent not wanting to die. 3 while days not thinking about what has been a constant in my mind for nearly a decade.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.